Conquer Club

[Medal] Create A Map Makers Hall Of Fame

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[Medal] Create A Map Makers Hall Of Fame

Postby ViperOverLord on Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:49 pm

Map Makers Hall Of Fame

Description: Just as we have a tournament winners/organizers Hall of Fame, I believe we should have a map makers Hall of Fame.

Specifics/Details: CC could create an achievements tab and the sub tabs could list the tournament winnners/organizers HOF as well as the map makers HOF. The tournament tab could still keep the sub tabs for find a tourney and join a tourney. The one speed bump I foresee is deciding whether eligibility is based upon map design, xml, or both.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:It honors those who have helped to build the site.
Major ViperOverLord

Re: Create A Map Makers Hall Of Fame

Postby greenoaks on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:44 am

ViperOverLord wrote:Map Makers Hall Of Fame

Description: Just as we have a tournament winners/organizers Hall of Fame, I believe we should have a map makers Hall of Fame.

Specifics/Details: CC could create an achievements tab and the sub tabs could list the tournament winnners/organizers HOF as well as the map makers HOF. The tournament tab could still keep the sub tabs for find a tourney and join a tourney. The one speed bump I foresee is deciding whether eligibility is based upon map design, xml, or both.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:It honors those who have helped to build the site.

you would have a tab for both, map makers and xml creators. just like tournament have one for hosts and winners.

ps. clans should also have one
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:26 am

ViperOverLord wrote:It honors those who have helped to build the site.

Could not say it better myself.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby ViperOverLord on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:30 am

greenoaks wrote:you would have a tab for both, map makers and xml creators. just like tournament have one for hosts and winners.

I doubt the feasibility of that. If I'm not mistaken, the policy has remained only one map maker can get a medal. And I'd guess that the system would be accessed by the map maker who got the official credit.

greenoaks wrote:ps. clans should also have one

I had considered that. But, I think it's its own debate/consideration/topic though.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby greenoaks on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:23 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:
greenoaks wrote:you would have a tab for both, map makers and xml creators. just like tournament have one for hosts and winners.

I doubt the feasibility of that. If I'm not mistaken, the policy has remained only one map maker can get a medal. And I'd guess that the system would be accessed by the map maker who got the official credit.

i'm pretty certain 2 or 3 medals have been given out in the past. 1 is given for the graphics, a 2nd is given if someone different did the xml. and i think at least once a medal has been given for the map concept when they had someone else do the graphics.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:55 am

greenoaks wrote:and i think at least once a medal has been given for the map concept when they had someone else do the graphics.

This has happened in the past when a player had the idea and could not do it themselves. But to get the medal, they needed to be helpful throughout the maps thread. The last time I think this happened was Blitz and Clandemonium.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby greenoaks on Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:43 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
greenoaks wrote:and i think at least once a medal has been given for the map concept when they had someone else do the graphics.

This has happened in the past when a player had the idea and could not do it themselves. But to get the medal, they needed to be helpful throughout the maps thread. The last time I think this happened was Blitz and Clandemonium.

that was the one i was thinking of. i would categorise him as a map maker for the purposes of a Foundry HoF.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Qwert on Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:52 am

first need to separate who are map maker and who are not map maker who get same medal.
Some people dont do nothing but get map maker medals.
If this can not be separate, then i will not be in this list.
Like i refuse foundry contribution medal, i will refuse this also.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:25 am

Qwert wrote:first need to separate who are map maker and who are not map maker who get same medal.

Sometimes when people have nothing good to say, they should not say anything at all.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby greenoaks on Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:09 am

Qwert wrote:first need to separate who are map maker and who are not map maker who get same medal.

i couldn't give a shit if you refuse a medal for your profile, this is about a Hall Of Fame board.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Qwert on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:16 am

if someone want to put mine name on this board, he need to ask for mine permission. I think that you also will agree that its better that i be off this board. You will be very happy, i will be also happy to.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:22 am

Qwert wrote:if someone want to put mine name on this board, he need to ask for mine permission. I think that you also will agree that its better that i be off this board. You will be very happy, i will be also happy to.

Why would someone need to ask your permission? Did someone ask your permission to place your name here? And why would it be better if you where off the board? What difference would it make if you where on or off the board? And as for being happy, no I would not be happy for you or any map maker to be left of it.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Qwert on Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:43 am

this its not a same .. it map contribution medals.
Like i say,i dont wan to be on some hall of fame, with people who get medal and not create map.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:52 am

Qwert wrote:this its not a same .. it map contribution medals.
Like i say,i dont wan to be on some hall of fame, with people who get medal and not create map.

So who has a medal and did not create a map? Everyone with a map medal got it for doing what was required. No one was just handed out a medal. And yes it is the same, if the site wants to use your maps and place your name next to them in a hall of fame, nothing you can do really is there. So again, if you support this, support it, if not say why not. Saying you do not want your name on it is not really for or against the suggestion.

But in the end, as this is a map makers hall of fame, what makes you qualified to be on it?
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby greenoaks on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:51 am

Qwert wrote:if someone want to put mine name on this board, he need to ask for mine permission. I think that you also will agree that its better that i be off this board. You will be very happy, i will be also happy to.

a Hall Of Fame is a factual list of those who have created the maps we use.

no permission is required, you either created the map or you didn't.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Qwert on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:05 pm

well i will fight to not be on this hall of fame,, i know that this its possible, and you can do what ever you want.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby greenoaks on Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:45 pm

Qwert wrote:well i will fight to not be on this hall of fame,, i know that this its possible, and you can do what ever you want.

you may choose not to display your accomplishments on your profile page but you can not rewrite history.

deal with it.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby betiko on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:28 pm

Qwert, why do you try so hard to be a pain in the ass no matter the subject? You are just permanently angry, gosh take a chill pill!
Major betiko

Postby chapcrap on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:54 pm

So, maybe this is what tnb80 is working on...

I sincerely hope there is no revisionism in creating a hall of fame list.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Return to Suggestions