Conquer Club

View neutrals on a map

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

View neutrals on a map

Postby dakky21 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:37 am

Within each fog game there should be a button to display all neutrals.
Just wondered how many of them are in the center on Vertex. Had to use game finder and select sunny Vertex, find a round 1 game, and see there are 10 neutrals in the center.

It's not that hard, but there should be a shortcut.
Captain dakky21

Re: View neutrals on a map

Postby JBlombier on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:35 am

It can't take long before someone will link you to a thread in which this is already suggested. You could search for it yourself, too.
I agree with you, though, it'd be a lot easier for something that isn't a big secret.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby spiesr on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:22 am

This submitted suggestion covers the basic idea, but wouldn't necessarily put a button within the game page.
Captain spiesr

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:37 am

Not in the game itself. Whilst it is easy to find the neutrals on a map, whilst in a game, it could lead to finding out which bonus a player has.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby dakky21 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:27 pm

koontz1973 wrote:Not in the game itself. Whilst it is easy to find the neutrals on a map, whilst in a game, it could lead to finding out which bonus a player has.

Agreed, that's why I said button which will open map image with neutrals scattered around like they are.
Captain dakky21

Postby Gilligan on Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:52 pm

What if we put this image in "start a game" instead of a blank one? Or wherever you click the thumbnail to view the map.

Click image to enlarge.
Captain Gilligan

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:47 am

Gilligan wrote:What if we put this image in "start a game" instead of a blank one? Or wherever you click the thumbnail to view the map.

Click image to enlarge.

This would really annoy me. I understand the need to have it but to have it displayed there. :sick:

I would much rather try to implement this with another suggestion that I saw at some point. The one where you get a link to the maps thread on the game page itself. Then all we need is to update the threads OP with a neutrals map, most of the maps that came out over the last 2 years already have this for xml checking so we are only talking about 200 maps. :lol: This would keep the other images on the site clean, allow for this to be implemented without a lot of fuss.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby chapcrap on Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:11 am

koontz1973 wrote:
Gilligan wrote:What if we put this image in "start a game" instead of a blank one? Or wherever you click the thumbnail to view the map.

Click image to enlarge.

This would really annoy me. I understand the need to have it but to have it displayed there. :sick:

I would much rather try to implement this with another suggestion that I saw at some point. The one where you get a link to the maps thread on the game page itself. Then all we need is to update the threads OP with a neutrals map, most of the maps that came out over the last 2 years already have this for xml checking so we are only talking about 200 maps. :lol: This would keep the other images on the site clean, allow for this to be implemented without a lot of fuss.

There is this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=155722#p3412000
And this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=164449#p3591409
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:24 am

chapcrap wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:

Click image to enlarge.

There is this: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 2#p3412000
And this: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 9#p3591409

Both of those ideas combined with this would be the most ideal solution. Use the name as the link to the thread, update all threads to include a neutrals map and you have a win win for all players.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby chapcrap on Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:32 am

koontz1973 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:

Click image to enlarge.

There is this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=155722#p3412000
And this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=164449#p3591409

Both of those ideas combined with this would be the most ideal solution. Use the name as the link to the thread, update all threads to include a neutrals map and you have a win win for all players.

I agree with you on this, koontz.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:53 am

chapcrap wrote:I agree with you on this, koontz.

I would set up a new thread then with a link to all three of the originals then. Send a quick PM to the other participants and lets see if we can get a quick resolution to this one.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Return to Suggestions