Conquer Club

Automatic round limit for all games Reject please

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Which is the better option for this?

All game types get the same rounds limit
No votes
All game types get a different round limit
100%

Total votes : 1

Automatic round limit for all games Reject please

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:38 pm

Concise description:
  • Automatic round limit set to ???

Specifics/Details:
  • Automatic round limit would automatically be set at a limit agreed upon here for all games. All existing games would be included in this if possible.

This can go one of two ways and have set the poll to show this. All games will get a set number of rounds if no round limit is set up.

Same for every game type
      This would be set at [insert number here]. So no matter what game you are playing, after a set number of rounds, the game ends and the winner is declared in the normal way.
    Different for every game type
      The only difference with this one is that a no spoils trench game would be set up with a different number to an unlimited escalating game. To get to the numbers, either a set limit will be agreed on or we can go for an average game length +25%.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
    • As suggested by codierose here in another thread, all games will get a set round limit. This will ensure all games finish at a set time even if a round limit was not put into place. This would benefit all players stuck in a very long game waiting for players to deadbeat.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Re: Automatic round limit for all games Reject please

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:09 am

This is a very bad idea and can a mob move to rejected please.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby chapcrap on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:58 pm

koontz1973 wrote:This is a very bad idea and can a mob move to rejected please.

You could have just deleted your post if you didn't like it...

However, I think it's a good idea. I'm not sure why it should be sent to rejected.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:38 pm

It's a bad idea. People in round limited games stop taking chances about halfway to the round limit. In the early going these games are still fun, but if they don't end by around the half-way mark, people stop fighting and start stacking in preparation for a round limit win. Thus, any round limit game which reaches the halfway point is certain to degenerate into sitzkrieg tedium.

As a TO, I use round limits because they've become a necessity, but I hate doing it.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby chapcrap on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:49 am

Dukasaur wrote:It's a bad idea. People in round limited games stop taking chances about halfway to the round limit. In the early going these games are still fun, but if they don't end by around the half-way mark, people stop fighting and start stacking in preparation for a round limit win. Thus, any round limit game which reaches the halfway point is certain to degenerate into sitzkrieg tedium.

As a TO, I use round limits because they've become a necessity, but I hate doing it.

For a 500 round limit? That's what was discussed. If it's 500, you think after 250 people will just start stacking? I'm pretty sure that if it's not resolved by 250, there is already stacking going on. I mean, I don't care much either way, because I don't let the game get that way because I start attacking, but if it's getting to 500, the game should be called. And I don't think I can give an argument that a 500 round limit effects the gameplay.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:57 am

chapcrap wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:It's a bad idea. People in round limited games stop taking chances about halfway to the round limit. In the early going these games are still fun, but if they don't end by around the half-way mark, people stop fighting and start stacking in preparation for a round limit win. Thus, any round limit game which reaches the halfway point is certain to degenerate into sitzkrieg tedium.

For a 500 round limit? That's what was discussed. If it's 500, you think after 250 people will just start stacking? I'm pretty sure that if it's not resolved by 250, there is already stacking going on. I mean, I don't care much either way, because I don't let the game get that way because I start attacking, but if it's getting to 500, the game should be called. And I don't think I can give an argument that a 500 round limit effects the gameplay.

But if the game gets to 500, most players would of solved the issue before hand.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby greenoaks on Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:56 pm

could someone please explain why me choosing to play a game with unlimited rounds must be stopped.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:02 pm

greenoaks wrote:could someone please explain why me choosing to play a game with unlimited rounds must be stopped.

A game with unlimited rounds that stretches into the hundreds of turns often ends in either someone deadbeating out, or someone suiciding.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Return to Suggestions