Conquer Club

Lock Map Timer

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Lock Map Timer

Postby FreeFalling123 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:40 am

[Lock Map Timer]

I love speed chess... I love speed games... don't get me wrong when I say this, sometimes speed games can go on FOREVER! I am going to recommend a feature that has never been used anywhere else before and is a revolution to this world... SPEED CASUAL GAMES. Confusing I know... I think the decoding would go something like this:
GAME BEGINS IN MANUAL (even with automatic deploy)
players are all given 24 hours to accept that the map has been visualized.

"Once accepted, the map will go into Lock Map Mode and players will no longer be able to see the map"

PLAY BEGINS (seq/fs)
-- Map goes into "Lock Map Mode" after first turn
-- During Lock Map Mode the map is foggy. Nobody can see the map until players choose to unlock the map, where they get the chosen time limit to take their turn.
-- Depending on time reference chosen, players have 5-30minutes to decode the prior happenings and make their move, REGARDLESS of the 24 hour period, because the have started the turn when they unlock the map mode.
-- Players have 24 hours to unlock the map after opponent leading into his or her move finishes turn.

TURN ENDS
"Lock Map Mode activates in 5 minutes, please take this time to consider your next move."

Benefits:
Players get the feel of a speed game without having to fear of deadbeating/unfortunate circumstances getting in the way.
I feel like I could get an advantage on making quick decisions in games.
Freestyle games would be effing awesome for 24 hours because nobody would know what you were doing and then they'd start their turn and you wouldn't be doing anything at all! :lol:

Honestly, I don't think it's a very good idea, BUT maybe someone else can find a way to revamp this kind of thing.
Major FreeFalling123

Return to Suggestions