Conquer Club

Improved Inbox, or Inbox 2.0

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Improved Inbox, or Inbox 2.0

Postby smithallan on Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Concise description:
  • Improve the inbox, making it more like yahoo or gmail.

Specifics/Details:
  • When I am reading an email, I would like to have a button to delete the one I am currently looking at. Perhaps it could be put in where it says "move to folder", allowing me to move it to the trash can

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Most players probably do like I do, they read their emails, and then go play their games, never deleting any until the box is almost full, and then deleting them all or most of them. This would make life easier on all the players, and also free up much needed space on CC servers if everybody's inboxes were a little less full
Major smithallan

Re: Improved Inbox, or Inbox 2.0

Postby JamesKer1 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:56 pm

This is something that phpBB would have to improve (the company that runs and hosts the forum software, inbox, profiles, walls, all that stuff). I don't know how much CC could do unless there is an updated version of it out there, then CC might be able to buy it. If there isn't, then I don't think there is much that could be done besides contacting phpBB about it. Nice idea though, I definitely agree with it. It is a big struggle sometimes.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby Foxglove on Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:37 pm

It exists, in a small hard to find form. :)

Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby blakebowling on Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:46 pm

JamesKer1 wrote:This is something that phpBB would have to improve (the company that runs and hosts the forum software, inbox, profiles, walls, all that stuff). I don't know how much CC could do unless there is an updated version of it out there, then CC might be able to buy it. If there isn't, then I don't think there is much that could be done besides contacting phpBB about it. Nice idea though, I definitely agree with it. It is a big struggle sometimes.

I just wanted to clarify a bit on exactly what phpBB is and how we use it.

phpBB is an open source forum software developed by the phpBB group. The forums (and all their associated services) are hosted by CC.
Private blakebowling

Return to Suggestions