Conquer Club

Notification of teammates in a Non-teammate game

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Notification of teammates in a Non-teammate game

Postby universalchiro on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:23 am

Concise description:
  • It's a red flag when known teammates participate in non-teammate games such as standard/terminator/assassin. It doesn't automatically indicate that foul play is occurring, but does raise suspicion. For it's virtually impossible to play against total strangers and treat them with equal objectivity as one would with a loyal friend that shares passwords, cell phone numbers, talking about meeting in real life, same clan, etc. It's just not an even playing field to be in a game that everyone expects to be equally objective, yet there are secret friends within the game. And even if that friendship only saves his/her teammate one troop, that can make the difference in victory or defeat. This is not about any one event, player, thread or pointing fingers, this is about going forward in a positive direction. There are enough beginning players that aren't aware of pitfalls within CC game selection. This gives them a better fighting chance of avoiding potential games that they may never have a chance of winning in.

Specifics/Details:
  • An indicator just right of the players names, such as an asterisk or colored flag matching with their teammate, will let others know that they are entering a game with players that have known friends in the same game. This would apply to same clan members, same IP address, and multiple teammate games such as doubles/triples/quads.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Notification will deter players trying to sneak a teammate into a standard game and also it alerts opponents to be mindful of foul play and may cause some players to not join a standard game with known teammates, which will allow them to avoid the mess to begin with.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Notification of teammates in a Non-teammate game

Postby DJPatrick on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:45 am

Hmmm..BIT nebulous really...I have played approx 800 games with against one player on this site for no other reason than we both like the same map...taught the bastard how to play and now he whoops my ass... AND we are both in similar timezone...ie both willing to play speeders when game log shows fewer than 300players on site...I specifically go out of my way to kill this player but someone quick checking would see us as poss multis/SD...this is not a possibility universalchiro...proof of cheating=complaints...otherwise let it go...too many variables on site!@!!
Lieutenant DJPatrick

Postby judge_reinhold on Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:34 pm

You can already see who's played games with whom by using game finder. But it would take a long time for a human to go through every combination in a 12 player game, that's for sure.

If there was some way to make that process faster it would be cool.

But colored indicators won't work I think. What if one player has played team games with each of two other players, but those two have not played with each other, but have with other players in the game?

I think something could be done though. Just not sure what. Maybe a downloadable report.
Colonel judge_reinhold

Postby Donelladan on Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:53 pm

Most of the case I think people play fair. Your suggestion will encourage people to be suspicious for no reason.
I can see lot of accusations in game chat and maybe in C and A because of that, it will make life of friends playing together in multiplayer game a hell on CC.
Don't do that.
Brigadier Donelladan

Return to Suggestions