Conquer Club

New Medals

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: New Medals

Postby jdw35 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:51 pm

Honestly, I can see both sides to the argument.
For one, if we do offer a zombie medal it would be logical to offer a medal for all of the spoils options. I agree that it could seem a bit much to some people, but what harm does it do?

The medals are already a bit extreme if you ask me. But there is nothing wrong with that. Find me one person who doesn't enjoy obtaining a new medal. It's the reason we (some of us) play. It's fun to have acknowledgement of your achievements, so why not give people more medals to strive for. I think it would encourage people to play new settings and hopefully boost the number of new games created.

Realistically no one is ever going to catch Josko and the others at the top of the medal scoreboard, so we might as well add more medals to the list.
Major jdw35

Postby riskllama on Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:38 pm

jdw35 wrote:Honestly, I can see both sides to the argument.
For one, if we do offer a zombie medal it would be logical to offer a medal for all of the spoils options. I agree that it could seem a bit much to some people, but what harm does it do?

The medals are already a bit extreme if you ask me. But there is nothing wrong with that. Find me one person who doesn't enjoy obtaining a new medal. It's the reason we (some of us) play. It's fun to have acknowledgement of your achievements, so why not give people more medals to strive for. I think it would encourage people to play new settings and hopefully boost the number of new games created.

Realistically no one is ever going to catch Josko and the others at the top of the medal scoreboard, so we might as well add more medals to the list.

yup, this. all or none. get fuckin' cracking...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:10 pm

I thought zombie games were counted into nuclear for medals?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby riskllama on Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:23 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:I thought zombie games were counted into nuclear for medals?

mmm, don't think so. they'd better not.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:15 pm

Maybe I'm wrong and it was just the reasoning of "zombie is similar to nuclear".
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby riskllama on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:27 pm

Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Silly Knig-it on Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:41 am

And I don't understand why something like no spoils, the most luck driven of all the settings, gets the attention it does. Escalating requires far more skill than the rest of the settings. No spoils is really good if you know a couple of maps and want to protect your rank, because it doesn't allow comebacks. It all depends on the drop and first two rolls. Give me a break, no spoils is the least skillful setting.
Lieutenant Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:52 pm

If it's the least skilful, and most luck-based, why do basically all the top clans play almost exclusively with it? Why do the top team players, who play no spoils more than anything, have such high win percentages in their games? I have no idea how you base an argument for it being more luck-based when you're literally removing the luck factor of cards from the game. I see people say they play flat rate because there is less luck than escalating and no spoils. Honestly you have to be clueless to believe that.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby ooge on Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:02 pm

I have most of my medals maxed out and medals is why I play the game,I am so into chasing medals that I Have been making games for medals for other players that I team with.everyone I am sure knows Sc man made games with him a while back specifically to get his first Monthly medal.anyways to me if there is a nuke medal then there should be medals for other spoils settings, it to me does not have anything to do with the ease of getting those other medals so much as it is a mouse chasing after the cheese.we get rewarded with a medal we want to get more of them. lastly and really another discussion if a player has enough for two platinum medals in a setting that player should have it.This is not the medal system I really wanted to see way back when.A sytsem of 400 kills 1 gold 800 kills 2 gold and so on without a cap that currently exists of platinum and done.

edit.who knows when I will come back to look at this but I do not have a tournament making medal because I dont know how to do that :lol:
Captain ooge

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:25 pm

ooge wrote:I have most of my medals maxed out and medals is why I play the game,I am so into chasing medals that I Have been making games for medals for other players that I team with.everyone I am sure knows Sc man made games with him a while back specifically to get his first Monthly medal.anyways to me if there is a nuke medal then there should be medals for other spoils settings, it to me does not have anything to do with the ease of getting those other medals so much as it is a mouse chasing after the cheese.we get rewarded with a medal we want to get more of them. lastly and really another discussion if a player has enough for two platinum medals in a setting that player should have it.This is not the medal system I really wanted to see way back when.A sytsem of 400 kills 1 gold 800 kills 2 gold and so on without a cap that currently exists of platinum and done.

edit.who knows when I will come back to look at this but I do not have a tournament making medal because I dont know how to do that :lol:

Just follow the Handbook, it's all step-by-step. Start off with a few really simple tourneys and work your way up.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby ooge on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:00 pm

Zombies! the zombies are coming I hear that finally after making us wait far to long for it there will be a zombie medal! Oh who am I kidding it makes to much sense so it will never happen.I mean really there is a nuke medal so why would there be a zombie medal as well,that would be stupid. I mean really why would the site want to give incentive for players to stay on the site to get their zombie medal maxed out. COME on enough already get that zombie medal going at least,not much to ask for from your friendly troll.
Captain ooge

Postby Silly Knig-it on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:30 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:If it's the least skilful, and most luck-based, why do basically all the top clans play almost exclusively with it? Why do the top team players, who play no spoils more than anything, have such high win percentages in their games? I have no idea how you base an argument for it being more luck-based when you're literally removing the luck factor of cards from the game. I see people say they play flat rate because there is less luck than escalating and no spoils. Honestly you have to be clueless to believe that.

No you have to be afraid of people coming back if you believe that "no spoils" is not the most luck driven. Clans play it because it makes shorter games. I see no other reason. The game is decided off the drop and first three rolls. By that point a comeback is so rare as to be impossible. Unless, one gets very lucky and the other player/team, gets dice that go to crap. How could you be so "clueless" (as long as we are throwing insults, instead of discussion), as to not see that?
Lieutenant Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:21 pm

Silly Knig-it wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:If it's the least skilful, and most luck-based, why do basically all the top clans play almost exclusively with it? Why do the top team players, who play no spoils more than anything, have such high win percentages in their games? I have no idea how you base an argument for it being more luck-based when you're literally removing the luck factor of cards from the game. I see people say they play flat rate because there is less luck than escalating and no spoils. Honestly you have to be clueless to believe that.

No you have to be afraid of people coming back if you believe that "no spoils" is not the most luck driven. Clans play it because it makes shorter games. I see no other reason. The game is decided off the drop and first three rolls. By that point a comeback is so rare as to be impossible. Unless, one gets very lucky and the other player/team, gets dice that go to crap. How could you be so "clueless" (as long as we are throwing insults, instead of discussion), as to not see that?

You think no spoils games are shorter than escalating? The reason no spoils games are predominantly found in clan games is because it reduces the amount of luck factors. Depending on the settings, there is also more scope for a comeback with no spoils since it requires more strategy, rather than just try and card.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby iliveonemoretime on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:30 pm

i just want to ask how will I get medals like yours? :roll: :roll: :roll: Thanks!
New Recruit iliveonemoretime

Previous

Return to Suggestions