Conquer Club

New Medals

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

New Medals

Postby Assassin07 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:48 am

IT'S SIMPLE
...Have a medal category for spoils types. Just like the others so flat rate . Esc. Nuke. No spoil. And zombie.
BRONZE WIN 10 GAMES WITH _ SPOIL SETTING
SILVER WIN 50 GAMES ON _ SPOIL SETTING
GOLD WIN 200 GAMES ON _ SPOIL SETTING
PLATINUM WIN 500 GAMES ON _ SPOIL SETTING

or something in that nature.
IF YOU JOIN MULTIPLE OF MY 2 PLAYER GAMES AND FIND YOURSELF FOED IT IS ONLY TEMPORARY I AM ON A MEDAL HUNT.
-ASSASSIN07
Cook Assassin07

Re: New Medals

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:19 am

This has already been suggested. Why are you even lowering the requirements by half compared to the standard requirements for settings that have always existed like escalating? That s creating medals for the sake of creating them imo.
Major betiko

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:30 am

tldr.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby owenshooter on Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:53 pm

betiko wrote:This has already been suggested. Why are you even lowering the requirements by half compared to the standard requirements for settings that have always existed like escalating? That s creating medals for the sake of creating them imo.

um... because he is creating medals for the sake of creating them... you know, get some medals for nothing and your chicks for free...-JĆ©sus noir

Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Assassin07 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:18 pm

betiko wrote:This has already been suggested. Why are you even lowering the requirements by half compared to the standard requirements for settings that have always existed like escalating? That s creating medals for the sake of creating them imo.
it was an example I don't care what requirements there are it's just stupid we have a medal for nuke spoils but no other
IF YOU JOIN MULTIPLE OF MY 2 PLAYER GAMES AND FIND YOURSELF FOED IT IS ONLY TEMPORARY I AM ON A MEDAL HUNT.
-ASSASSIN07
Cook Assassin07

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:49 am

Assassin07 wrote:
it was an example I don't care what requirements there are it's just stupid we have a medal for nuke spoils but no other

At least put a reasonable argument forward. Nuclear is completely different to the rest. Zombie doesn't differ enough from Nuclear to warrant it's own medal; they should combine into one. Your reasoning would also result in medals for automatic, sequential, all types of fort, playing w/out fog, making a password on a game, playing the Classic map 1000 times and making 10 forum posts.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:45 am

actually they did a medal for nuclear when it came out, it was a pretty different setting from what existed before and it was to promote it.
Major betiko

Postby BoganGod on Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:05 am

Why don't we have a medal for posting. 10,000+ posts = platinum
A medal for cheating, but not getting banned for good. Some icon modeled after the TV survivor series.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby owenshooter on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:22 am

BoganGod wrote:Why don't we have a medal for posting. 10,000+ posts = platinum
A medal for cheating, but not getting banned for good. Some icon modeled after the TV survivor series.

there should be a medal for posting... shows an involvement in the community over a length of time... even if it is the crap we both post!!-JĆ©sus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby clangfield on Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:58 pm

Assassin07 wrote:IT'S SIMPLE
...Have a medal category for spoils types. Just like the others so flat rate . Esc. Nuke. No spoil. And zombie.

I can't see a reason not to do this - other than possibly delaying other developments, but that's only a matter of priorities rather than whether or not this is a good idea. The levels should be the same across all medals so I'd go with whatever is required for the current one(s) (which should also include parachute). I don't agree that zombie and nuclear should have a combined medal - different settings, different medals.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:04 pm

clangfield wrote:

I can't see a reason not to do this - other than possibly delaying other developments, but that's only a matter of priorities rather than whether or not this is a good idea. The levels should be the same across all medals so I'd go with whatever is required for the current one(s) (which should also include parachute). I don't agree that zombie and nuclear should have a combined medal - different settings, different medals.

Then there should be one for adjacent, one for chained, one for unlimited and one for no forts. How about a medal for no trench and a medal for sunny? A medal for automatic deployment and for sequential? We probably should split the speed game medal in 1/2/3/4/5 minutes game too.
Major betiko

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:02 am

I think Zombie is sufficiently different from nuclear to warrant its own medal.

In nuclear games, if a tert required for a bonus is nuked, you can re-take it cheaply and often continue collecting that bonus after a short break. In zombie games, if a tert with a decent stack is zombified, that bonus may be out of the game permanently.

It is a different game.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Assassin07 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:02 pm

Dukasaur wrote:I think Zombie is sufficiently different from nuclear to warrant its own medal.

In nuclear games, if a tert required for a bonus is nuked, you can re-take it cheaply and often continue collecting that bonus after a short break. In zombie games, if a tert with a decent stack is zombified, that bonus may be out of the game permanently.

It is a different game.

Agreed
-ASSASSIN07
Cook Assassin07

Postby BuckNasty00 on Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:02 pm

I don't know why its a big deal to make a new medal. I wouldn't think it requires that much work to make it happen. I think it would get people to play some more games. At least a bit. I mean I medal hunted. Now I slowly work at getting silver and gold etc

I think No Spoils medal is a good idea. I think its pretty distinct and thats an achievement to win a game with no spoils. Thats my 2 cents.
Cadet BuckNasty00

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:40 pm

If we have a no spoils medal then we also need escalating, flat rate, chained, adjacent and unlimited.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby riskllama on Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:32 pm

excellent idea. how about one for posting? we have one for feedback...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby TimWoodbury on Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:17 am

betiko wrote:
clangfield wrote:

Then there should be one for adjacent, one for chained, one for unlimited and one for no forts. How about a medal for no trench and a medal for sunny? A medal for automatic deployment and for sequential? We probably should split the speed game medal in 1/2/3/4/5 minutes game too.

sounds great Betiko lets do it cant wait to see more speed games made for people to get more medals

Cook TimWoodbury

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:23 am

Can we have a new medal every time we reach a rank that we haven't done before?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby TimWoodbury on Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:19 pm

what bout a medal for each time we break a record for times being demoted to a certian rank or a medal for longest loseing streak in a month
Cook TimWoodbury

Postby BuckNasty00 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:03 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:If we have a no spoils medal then we also need escalating, flat rate, chained, adjacent and unlimited.

Why? Whoever runs CC can decide. Just because you make one medal doesn't mean you have to do escalating etc. They already have nuclear medal. So with your logic they should have already done what you posted above.

I've never even played a no spoils game. I just think thats a distinct type. I mean if you won 20 or 50 games or etc that way , I think its pretty impressive.

Its just a suggestion. You don't have to like it but I don't think your logic from your post I quoted really makes sense.
Cadet BuckNasty00

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:42 pm

BuckNasty00 wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:If we have a no spoils medal then we also need escalating, flat rate, chained, adjacent and unlimited.

Why? Whoever runs CC can decide. Just because you make one medal doesn't mean you have to do escalating etc. They already have nuclear medal. So with your logic they should have already done what you posted above.

I've never even played a no spoils game. I just think thats a distinct type. I mean if you won 20 or 50 games or etc that way , I think its pretty impressive.

Its just a suggestion. You don't have to like it but I don't think your logic from your post I quoted really makes sense.

It's because nuclear was introduced at a later stage, whereas no spoils, flat rate and escalating are the long standing spoil types. I'm not sure if all three were available when Conquer Club was first created, but they're the mainstay.

It's the same with forts; originally there were only unlimited, chained and adjacent. Only automatic deployment. In fact, when CC was first made, you could only play freestyle I believe, although there is a medal for that.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby TheGreys on Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:02 pm

Zombie medal can look super! A medal for all spoils would be cool and a good indication of what spoils is someones forte.
We come in peace! https://plus.google.com/communities/118007516813631836793
Lieutenant TheGreys

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:46 pm

Deja vu.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby ooge on Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:46 am

Zombie spoils has been around for a while no and it long past due that we have a medal for this.More players will use this setting if its a medal, as it is now its rarely used.
Captain ooge

Postby djelebert on Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:56 am

ooge wrote:Zombie spoils has been around for a while no and it long past due that we have a medal for this.More players will use this setting if its a medal, as it is now its rarely used.

I agree, best way to promote this kind of setting.

there's no need to have medals for others settings.

One which worth it to be created can be a medal for multi teams games, with 2 or more other teams (2vs2vs2 (vs2), 3vs3vs3(vs3) 4vs4vs4), which are really different than a 2 teams game. But I don't know how it can be possible.
Lieutenant djelebert

Next

Return to Suggestions