Conquer Club

Fix Auto-Tournaments [Freemiums/Deadbeats]

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Fix Auto-Tournaments

Postby IcePack on Wed May 31, 2017 9:32 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
IcePack wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Is it unfair when the freemium knows they're limited to four active games and choose to join the tournament? I'm not saying the way rules are is right, but if I was freemium I wouldn't expect to be able to play more than my allowance.

It may be unfair, I think that's a morally subjective question. But the relevant question from a site administration perspective is: is there any fair way to stop them from doing so? Or in general, do we want to stop them from doing so?

Well I think the sites already answered that. It's not unfair from their perspective.

Do you have opinions of your own, or do you just automatically support whatever decision the site has already made?

I think I made my opinion clear before you asked a stupid question.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:40 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Is it unfair when the freemium knows they're limited to four active games and choose to join the tournament? I'm not saying the way rules are is right, but if I was freemium I wouldn't expect to be able to play more than my allowance.

It may be unfair, I think that's a morally subjective question. But the relevant question from a site administration perspective is: is there any fair way to stop them from doing so? Or in general, do we want to stop them from doing so?

I think you could add a warning or something, but I don't think you can prevent someone from signing up as long as the tournament never has more than four active games at a time. If there are seven games per round, freemiums shouldn't allowed to join. I'm not sure if they currently can or not.

If they join a tournament with a maximum of four games per round, but during the tournament reach their limit, they have the option of buying premium or dropping out of the tournament. That is their responsibility.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby general cod on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:15 pm

This conversation reeks of cul-de-sac. My premium ran out halfway through cc championship final which overan by nearly half a year, to be fair was a very poorly organised tourney. I was denied / unable to complete the games due to premium status expiring, I agree that is fair enough. I was busy with family matters + was getting screwed over in the games so I knew that final was lost and had no need or time for premium at that time. What is not fair or right is that BW stripped me of 2nd place and the prizes involved, nobody came 2nd therefore no prizes were given for that position. The final involved 2 players whether either player took part is irrelevant of the fact a 1St and 2nd player result would clearly occur. Conclusion - I was robbed and told a lot of nonsense from BW who I have no respect for. Understandably. 99% of players agreed that this was mismanaged horseshit - fact. In any case was a long time ago
Major general cod

Postby general cod on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:16 pm

Suggestion for tourneys...... Quality other than quantity - the game is good
Major general cod

Postby Mad777 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:05 pm

@ Caff:
If a player becomes Fremium in a Premium Auto Tournament, the next round won't start right away and send a note to the player asking to renew his membership, I was told within a 24hrs period, passed that the player to be kicked from the tournament. Now with tournament that needs even number of competitors if an odd number is found by the system the tournament will more than likely not start and stall until it get fix. I have put/created 4 Auto Tournament (monthly AT event) and even do it's "Automated" I have to watch for this type of potential issue if the Tournament is for Premium only.

@ All (giving my personal opinion)
In regards of the 4 game limit, each Fremium knows about it and I think allowing them to boost their game amount simply because they joined bunch of tournament before their Premium expiration sounds more like unfair, a vast majority of player knows that only few tournament, if any, runs longer than 1 month, therefore if you know in advance that your Premium will expire, you had 12 months to prepare this day and prevent it, now the situation may differ for a Freemium who tried a monthly membership, joined several tournament and can't go further because the month ran out, but again if you found yourself liking the Premium concept then you need to upgrade....There is so much exemple in the web asking for free trial and then ask you for membership if you still want to benefit what the free trial offered, I think this should be the same here...
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:06 pm

general cod wrote:Suggestion for tourneys...... Quality other than quantity - the game is good

Working on it (as far Auto Tournament)... 8-)
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Evil Semp on Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:35 pm

These quotes from this thread in BUG REPORTS.
viewtopic.php?f=506&t=223270&view=unread#unread

I know this might be comparing apples to oranges. All auto tournaments aren't being run with the same guidelines. I you meet the qualifications for a tournament when it starts but can't maintain those qualifications but only get kicked out of some, is that right?

willedtowin1 wrote:How come people ranked below 2000 can join the High Rankers Classic tourney?[/list]

thought it was for 2000 and above players
  • https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?submit=JoinTournament&tournament_id=5456

Donelladan wrote:They joined when their rank was above 2000 then they went below 2000.
Happens all the time with the elite escalating tournament.

IcePack wrote:
Donelladan wrote:They joined when their rank was above 2000 then they went below 2000.
Happens all the time with the elite escalating tournament.

This ^
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Thorthoth on Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:29 am

Good point Semp. The rule should be that a player's status at time of joining a tournament is maintained throughout the tournament, whether that be a rank-based or Premium-based criterion. Another example would be the noob tournaments in which a player can join with only less than 5 or 10 games but may well have played more than that by the time the tournament starts.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:30 am

Mad777 wrote:@ Caff:
If a player becomes Fremium in a Premium Auto Tournament, the next round won't start right away and send a note to the player asking to renew his membership, I was told within a 24hrs period, passed that the player to be kicked from the tournament. Now with tournament that needs even number of competitors if an odd number is found by the system the tournament will more than likely not start and stall until it get fix. I have put/created 4 Auto Tournament (monthly AT event) and even do it's "Automated" I have to watch for this type of potential issue if the Tournament is for Premium only.

Since when? Look here: https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... nt_id=3054. TheGreys has been deadbeating in the tournament for the last two rounds now, and we're almost at the final.

Thorthoth wrote:Good point Semp. The rule should be that a player's status at time of joining a tournament is maintained throughout the tournament, whether that be a rank-based or Premium-based criterion. Another example would be the noob tournaments in which a player can join with only less than 5 or 10 games but may well have played more than that by the time the tournament starts.

No, that's going too far. Imagine how long it could take to fill a tournament. If they meet the requirements at the time of signing up then I see no issue. It's been like that the entire time. How often do you see a Corporal who had a lucky streak, hits major, joins a 2000+ points escalating auto-tournament and then falls back down 800 points? My guess is never. This isn't an issue and can go to a different thread if people want to discuss it.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Mad777 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:48 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:

Since when? Look here: https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... nt_id=3054. TheGreys has been deadbeating in the tournament for the last two rounds now, and we're almost at the final.

....I should have be more specific, we can go over lot's of different factor, in this case he may have started to deatbeat just before the last score reset occured, therefore if he had a high score rate then the system kept him, now the TO could have making him eliminated and the system would have taken the next in line, again this is suppose to be automated tournament with almost no human interaction, I agree something can be done, the exemple I mentionned was with no elimination after each round.

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:Good point Semp. The rule should be that a player's status at time of joining a tournament is maintained throughout the tournament, whether that be a rank-based or Premium-based criterion. Another example would be the noob tournaments in which a player can join with only less than 5 or 10 games but may well have played more than that by the time the tournament starts.

No, that's going too far. Imagine how long it could take to fill a tournament. If they meet the requirements at the time of signing up then I see no issue. It's been like that the entire time. How often do you see a Corporal who had a lucky streak, hits major, joins a 2000+ points escalating auto-tournament and then falls back down 800 points? My guess is never. This isn't an issue and can go to a different thread if people want to discuss it.

This is impossible to enforce, points should remain for entry only in my opinion, if you are at a level around 2000 points, it may be a chance that you get lower few hundreds but by playing several game your score will go up eventually.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:55 am

Mad777 wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

....I should have be more specific, we can go over lot's of different factor, in this case he may have started to deatbeat just before the last score reset occured, therefore if he had a high score rate then the system kept him, now the TO could have making him eliminated and the system would have taken the next in line, again this is suppose to be automated tournament with almost no human interaction, I agree something can be done, the exemple I mentionned was with no elimination after each round.

This is the kind of thing I want to be fixed. I imagine it isn't much to ask from our grand benefactor bigWham.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Re: Fix Auto-Tournaments [Freemiums/Deadbeats]

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:06 am

Yes, I want to keep the idea of treating tournament placement the same as active and waiting games for people who convert from Premium to Freemium.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:34 am

Thorthoth you're a piece of shit. You get premium for what? A month? Join a load of auto-tournaments you know you can't play more than one, maybe two rounds in before getting kicked out, and give undeserving players a load of free wins.

Ref: http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?m ... d=17506696

Such a fucking idiot. I'd started giving you a chance, thinking you might actually be smarter than riskllama. Thanks for proving me wrong.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby riskllama on Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:28 pm

hey, gimme some fuckin' credit, Dually - I was smart enough to figure out your deal... ;)
don't drag me into this shit.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:54 pm

Man I compliment you and you're still complaining.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Thorthoth on Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:48 pm

Hey NesCafe Boy, if you're referring to that round in the Age of Merchants Tournament. WE both got kicked out... but I got kicked out after winning 2 of the 5 games, same number as ol' Josko... while you just got kicked out the old -fashioned way for winning zippo. Coffee can be such a bitter beverage...

MY being booted form the tournament is completely unfair and changing that freemium-hating policey is exactly the sort fo positive change that F.R.O.A.C. and my self lobby to bring about.

F.R.O.A.C. = Freemium Rights Occupy Action Coalition.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:28 am

You're literally trying to argue that you should be able to loophole the maximum of four games for a freemium. Lmao.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Thorthoth on Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:14 pm

Yes, you figured it out IAC.

When A premium converts to freemium in mid-tournament, he should be allowed to remain in the tournament, just like he is allowed to remain in his waiting games.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:06 pm

Thorthoth wrote:Yes, you figured it out IAC.

When A premium converts to freemium in mid-tournament, he should be allowed to remain in the tournament, just like he is allowed to remain in his waiting games.

He is allowed to remain in the tournament. He just can't join any games unless he has slots available, which may mean de-facto that he is eliminated, but might not in a tourney with a low game load.

There's no rationale for allowing a person to bypass the restrictions. If you want to play more, open your cheap-ass wallet and pay. You wouldn't find any such leniency in the real world. If your drivers' license expires while you're in the middle of a roadtrip, the cops aren't going to say, "that's okay, finish the trip you're on and then worry about renewing." They'll pull you out of the car and if you don't have a co-pilot with a valid license they'll impound the car, too.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Thorthoth on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:11 pm

But letting people stay in the tournaments will be a benefit to all. Everyone will have more respect and enthusiasm for the tournaments if they know that either themselves or their opponents* won't just vanish between rounds.

*Or more precisely their opponent's opponents.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby riskllama on Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:12 pm

vegetable lasagne strikes me as more of a "public transportation" kinda guy, duk - not sure he'll get the reference...*shrugs*
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Mad777 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:05 pm

Thorthoth wrote:But letting people stay in the tournaments will be a benefit to all. Everyone will have more respect and enthusiasm for the tournaments if they know that either themselves or their opponents* won't just vanish between rounds.

They will have even more respect for someone who knows when his Premium will expire and ensure to renew it to prevent tournament chaos. I won't buy your above argument.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby riskllama on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:07 pm

Mad777 wrote:
vegetable lasagne wrote:But letting people stay in the tournaments will be a benefit to all. Everyone will have more respect and enthusiasm for the tournaments if they know that either themselves or their opponents* won't just vanish between rounds.

They will have even more respect for someone who knows when his Premium will expire and ensure to renew it to prevent tournament chaos. I won't buy your above argument.

pretty much, yeah. =D> =D> =D> =D>
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Thorthoth on Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:16 am

That Anti-Silver Bigotry has got to stop.

Fear of a Freemium Planet. Silver Games Matter. Jésus Argent has spoken!

Make Freemiumphobia unacceptable in CC community guidelines.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:23 am

I can't figure out if this guy is a bad troll or genuinely handicapped. You do realise that a freemium doesn't get kicked out of the tournament if their score is good enough, even if they can't play all the games?

http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?m ... nt_id=3054
Cook iAmCaffeine

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions