Conquer Club

Fix Auto-Tournaments [Freemiums/Deadbeats]

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Fix Auto-Tournaments [Freemiums/Deadbeats]

Postby Thorthoth on Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:55 pm

Once again, I'm being kicked out of a tournament despite my excellent play, ...just because I'm Freemium...
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:52 pm

Thorthoth wrote:Once again, I'm being kicked out of a tournament despite my excellent play, ...just because I'm Freemium...

Then perhaps you should stop signing up for them, knowing that you can't finish them? The discussion here is about how to protect against the situation when someone's premium expires, not how to allow freemiums to get all of the benefits of being premium without paying for it.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:55 pm

I've already proven in this thread that the bullshit he speaks about being kicked out is false.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Thorthoth on Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:57 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:I've already proven in this thread that the bullshit he speaks about being kicked out is false.

CoffyBoy has already proved that when he speaks about anything, it's bullshit.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:16 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:Once again, I'm being kicked out of a tournament despite my excellent play, ...just because I'm Freemium...

Then perhaps you should stop signing up for them, knowing that you can't finish them? The discussion here is about how to protect against the situation when someone's premium expires, not how to allow freemiums to get all of the benefits of being premium without paying for it.

+1
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Thorthoth on Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:04 am

=( ... just being mean.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Mad777 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:32 am

Dukasaur wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

+1

+1 here as well...stop whining about something you induce yourself, you don't even think how you also make the tournament less enjoyable for others being kicked out, the automate has to make changes despite the initial round format because it has to deal with a "missing" player....help yourself, help others, help CC...get your Premium...end of this story :evil:
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Evil Semp on Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:04 am

Mad777 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

+1

+1 here as well...stop whining about something you induce yourself, you don't even think how you also make the tournament less enjoyable for others being kicked out, the automate has to make changes despite the initial round format because it has to deal with a "missing" player....help yourself, help others, help CC...get your Premium...end of this story :evil:

Very well said.
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby EBConquer on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:58 pm

+1 and extremely annoying. :(
Colonel EBConquer

Postby Thorthoth on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:52 pm

-5 or 6.
NO. I was already enrolled in the tournament. I should be allowed to continue until eliminated in play or victorious.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Mad777 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:42 am

Thorthoth wrote:-5 or 6.
NO. I was already enrolled in the tournament. I should be allowed to continue until eliminated in play or victorious.

](*,) #-o [-o< :arrow:
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:29 pm

Thorthoth wrote:I was already enrolled in the tournament. I should be allowed to continue until eliminated in play or victorious.[/size]

You are allowed to continue, but it's YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to make sure you have enough slots available to play your games. If you let your premium lapse and don't have enough slots, it's YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to fix it.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Thorthoth on Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:55 am

SIlvers need more love and compassion on this site.
F.R.O.A.C.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby LiveLoveTeach on Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:41 pm

I definitely agree this should be fixed.

Would there be anything able to be fixed/adjusted to account for deadbeats/freemiums in tournaments that don't have elimination rounds?
Major LiveLoveTeach

Postby IcePack on Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:07 pm

One other thing it would be nice to be able to drop out of these. Especially ones that don’t eliminate as you go. Just like community run events sometimes you sign up w best intentions and life changes. Ppl don’t wanna deadbeat tournaments for months

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Mad777 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:12 pm

LiveLoveTeach wrote:I definitely agree this should be fixed.

Would there be anything able to be fixed/adjusted to account for deadbeats/freemiums in tournaments that don't have elimination rounds?

there is a list of what needs to be fix and/or added in the Auto Tournament coding (such as team game type), but having to work for something that a player is responsible for then not really...

I have access to remove player from an Auto Tournament that deadbeat and if the round setup allows it, however this to be a full time job and a sort of "can of worms" for other complaint due to player not paying attention of their premium or not thinking that a huge majority of the tournament last more than a month, what I don't get is those who jump on joining but not read the settings before the tournament start and then complaint and deadbeat...Not everything can be handle by an Auto Tournament like we can in a Casual Tournament, as soon as it start the control is to the bear minimum.

Bottom line, it's more an player behavior issue rather than a coding problem...
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:20 pm

IcePack wrote:One other thing it would be nice to be able to drop out of these. Especially ones that don’t eliminate as you go. Just like community run events sometimes you sign up w best intentions and life changes. Ppl don’t wanna deadbeat tournaments for months

Yep that would be nice, but then you ask the Auto Tournament to behave like a human TO, meaning someone will have to stop and work on a substitute player, I've tried this avenue in the Beta site using the "semi" automatic mode, and it didn't work because the data captured by the Auto Tournament at the start can't be change until the tournament is over, even with elimination after each round I was able to remove player but not add new one, the system only allows you "to work" with data that were available at the start.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby IcePack on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Mad777 wrote:
IcePack wrote:One other thing it would be nice to be able to drop out of these. Especially ones that don’t eliminate as you go. Just like community run events sometimes you sign up w best intentions and life changes. Ppl don’t wanna deadbeat tournaments for months

Yep that would be nice, but then you ask the Auto Tournament to behave like a human TO, meaning someone will have to stop and work on a substitute player, I've tried this avenue in the Beta site using the "semi" automatic mode, and it didn't work because the data captured by the Auto Tournament at the start can't be change until the tournament is over, even with elimination after each round I was able to remove player but not add new one, the system only allows you "to work" with data that were available at the start.

or the opponent auto advances and the past results in a round robin from the quitting player are nullified like someone dropping out typically would be handled without replacement. You dont really gain anything keeping someone in the tournament if they dont want to be there and just losing / quitting the games

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Mad777 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:38 pm

IcePack wrote:
Mad777 wrote:

or the opponent auto advances and the past results in a round robin from the quitting player are nullified like someone dropping out typically would be handled without replacement. You dont really gain anything keeping someone in the tournament if they dont want to be there and just losing / quitting the games

You don't have to convince me on that, I'm in favor to anything that would prevent deadbeating, allowing player to be replace by a "forfeit" rule and let the other to move on is the best way, I wish this Auto Tournament coding to be a higher priority from admin but it is not for now :(
Lieutenant Mad777

Previous

Return to Suggestions