Conquer Club

Buying premium reopens forum access

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Buying premium reopens forum access

Postby mrswdk on Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:37 am

Concise description:
  • Buying premium enables permas to access fora as well as games

Specifics/Details:
  • ditto

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • If people banned can pay their way back on to the fora as well as back into games, those who enjoy both sides of the site in equal measure may be more likely to pay to return following a ban
  • Higher rate of ex members being shaken down for cash opting to return to the site
  • More $$$ for CC
Lieutenant mrswdk

Re: Buying premium reopens forum access

Postby GoranZ on Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:51 pm

Well Facebook is not payed service so CC forum shouldn't be also... but you can force fremiums to watch commercials before they read the forum as FB does :)
And inline commercials can be added also.
So generally I agree with your proposal that freemiums should somehow pay back for using the CC forum.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:41 pm

For mr. swdk.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby chapcrap on Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:54 am

GoranZ wrote:Well Facebook is not payed service so CC forum shouldn't be also... but you can force fremiums to watch commercials before they read the forum as FB does :)
So generally I agree with your proposal that freemiums should somehow pay back for using the CC forum.

I think you miss the point on this...

He is requesting forum access after being banned if he buys premium. He is not saying that you should have to be premium to access the forums.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby GoranZ on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:21 pm

chapcrap wrote:
GoranZ wrote:Well Facebook is not payed service so CC forum shouldn't be also... but you can force fremiums to watch commercials before they read the forum as FB does :)

He is requesting forum access after being banned if he buys premium. He is not saying that you should have to be premium to access the forums.

I understood the proposal, but CC should do as Facebook(or other services that offer similar service). Commercials for nonpaying members. So basically no service is shortened but commercials are added to some members.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:50 pm

mrswdk wrote:Concise description:

Specifics/Details:
  • ditto

• If people banned can pay their way back on to the fora as well as back into games, those who enjoy both sides of the site in equal measure may be more likely to pay to return following a ban
  • Higher rate of ex members being shaken down for cash opting to return to the site
  • More $$$ for CC

Isn't this already the case? If you get site banned for breaking the rules, and buy your way back, surely you have forum access enabled if it was before?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Shannon Apple on Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:32 pm

I disagree with this. Often times, people are banned from the forum for good reason, but still allowed to continue playing. If they could simply buy back onto the forum and continue their shitty behaviour, what would be the point in banning them in the first place?

Bear in mind, it is extremely difficult to get forum banned in the first place around here. You have to be exceptionally bad and already given plenty of chances before it happens.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:01 pm

I doubt anyone wants to see Mrsdwk back to his old tricks on the forums.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby riskllama on Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:20 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:I disagree with this. Often times, people are banned from the forum for good reason, but still allowed to continue playing. If they could simply buy back onto the forum and continue their shitty behaviour, what would be the point in banning them in the first place?

Bear in mind, it is extremely difficult to get forum banned in the first place around here. You have to be exceptionally bad and already given plenty of chances before it happens.

if u guys are letting xtra post his crap, i think xeno deserves a shot at redemption.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby TeeGee on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:40 am

riskllama wrote:if u guys are letting xtra post his crap, i think xeno deserves a shot at redemption.

Xtra appealed his ban sucessfully, xeno has the option to do the same.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby mrswdk on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:47 am

Metsfanmax wrote:

Specifics/Details:
  • ditto

• More $$$ for CC

Isn't this already the case? If you get site banned for breaking the rules, and buy your way back, surely you have forum access enabled if it was before?

xeno bought premium recently but still can't post on the forums.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Thorthoth on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:41 pm

mrswdk wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

Specifics/Details:
  • ditto

• More $$$ for CC

So what exactly did this xeno person do? It must be ancient history, and thanks to the great forum purge there is now no record of it.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:45 pm

riskllama wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:I disagree with this. Often times, people are banned from the forum for good reason, but still allowed to continue playing. If they could simply buy back onto the forum and continue their shitty behaviour, what would be the point in banning them in the first place?

if u guys are letting xtra post his crap, i think xeno deserves a shot at redemption.

I'm not a mod anymore. :lol:
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby riskllama on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:33 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:
riskllama wrote:

I'm not a mod anymore. :lol:

thx for that, shannon... :-s
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:23 pm

mrswdk wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

Specifics/Details:
  • ditto

• More $$$ for CC

xeno was the worst possible example you could have given if you wanted to generate support for this suggestion.

Postby mrswdk on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:21 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
mrswdk wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

Specifics/Details:
  • ditto

• More $$$ for CC

xeno was the worst possible example you could have given if you wanted to generate support for this suggestion.

BBS bought premium recently but still can't post on the forums.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby riskllama on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:12 am

what?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby chapcrap on Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:27 pm

GoranZ wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

I understood the proposal, but CC should do as Facebook(or other services that offer similar service). Commercials for nonpaying members. So basically no service is shortened but commercials are added to some members.

I guess I thought you misunderstood because that's already what happens. People who aren't premium have advertisements.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:09 am

mrswdk wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
mrswdk wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

Specifics/Details:
  • ditto

• More $$$ for CC

BBS bought premium recently but still can't post on the forums.

Don't toy with my heart like that :-(

Postby IcePack on Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:06 pm

Thorthoth wrote:
mrswdk wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

Specifics/Details:
  • ditto

• More $$$ for CC

So what exactly did this xeno person do? It must be ancient history, and thanks to the great forum purge there is now no record of it that I know of

Fixed

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby mrswdk on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:27 am

If none of xeno's old posts exist, doesn't that mean he never actually did anything and must now be reinstated?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:38 am

mrswdk wrote:If none of xeno's old posts exist, doesn't that mean he never actually did anything and must now be reinstated?

If you went back in time and killed your father before you were conceived, would you cease to exist?
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby mrswdk on Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:59 am

Dukasaur wrote:
mrswdk wrote:If none of xeno's old posts exist, doesn't that mean he never actually did anything and must now be reinstated?

If you went back in time and killed your father before you were conceived, would you cease to exist?

But if you ceased to exist then you would never have been able to go back in time and kill your father, in which case he would go ahead and have you anyway.

I think if you do stupid stuff like that the world 404s.

In this case I think xeno just became a 0 years-old poster though. Verdict: reinstated
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Thorthoth on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:25 am

The original suggestion that startedt his thread was complete nonsense, so of course most of what follows is only more so. Let's move this to OT (16SOR,NG)
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Return to Suggestions