Conquer Club

Highest score ranking and other ranking modifications

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Highest score ranking and other ranking modifications

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:58 am

Could be cool if in the scoreboard tab we could have the following:

-rankings that include inactive players. For score or medals... doesn t make much sense that some player disapear just because they're out for a while. Mostly for the medals ranking.

-a best score ranking. We all have a high score on our page... would love to see a ranking that includes everybody's best score acheived.
Last edited by betiko on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Major betiko

Re: All times rankings

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:34 pm

REJECTED

I can already see the C&A reports between betiko and josko on this scoreboard.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Thorthoth on Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:14 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:REJECTED

Must admit it sounds like a big bore. Only rank-wankers would care about such drivel.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:10 pm

Thorthoth wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:REJECTED

Must admit it sounds like a big bore. Only rank-wankers would care about such drivel.

Humm.. nope. Anyone could see where their hi-score stands. What we have right now are our current scores... most games have a high score ranking. Don't really see where's the harm there.
Same thing for medals.. for example i see that i'm ranked third right now on the scoreboard, but i know that gilligan, if he were active would be ahead of me, and possibly some other inactive players... but i can t say as they are not there. I think it s more interresting to know where you stand including inactive players...

Anyways, why am i even feeding trolls again?
Major betiko

Re: All time rankings

Postby IcePack on Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:39 pm

Since this info isn't already stored, i'm pretty sure it would take crazy amounts of time / processing power to basically go through every game and recount all the points from game 1 to current?

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby betiko on Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:50 am

IcePack wrote:Since this info isn't already stored, i'm pretty sure it would take crazy amounts of time / processing power to basically go through every game and recount all the points from game 1 to current?

no... we all have our highscore on our wall, i guess this info is stored somewhere. I know before the highscores were on our walls the info wasn't stored, but no big deal, we can do it since the high scores were instored 3-4 years ago.
And to include inactive players.. i don't know, doesn't seem complicated to include them but i might be wrong
Major betiko

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:14 am

betiko wrote:Could be cool if in the scoreboard tab we could have the following:

-rankings that include inactive players. For score or medals... doesn t make much sense that some player disapear just because they're out for a while. Mostly for the medals ranking.

-a best score ranking. We all have a high score on our page... would love to see a ranking that includes everybody's best score acheived.

Very much agree.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby lt.pie on Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:05 am

Here is a list ..just needs an update .
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=129507
Captain lt.pie

Postby betiko on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:11 am

lt.pie wrote:Here is a list ..just needs an update .

i wouldn't use that though... i prefer the more official high scores we have on our pages
Major betiko

Postby Mad777 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:20 am

....as a side note it was funny to read the posting from old members in regards of Forum space and garbage topics...10,5 years ago...not much change since... :lol:
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby betiko on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:43 am

Mad777 wrote:

....as a side note it was funny to read the posting from old members in regards of Forum space and garbage topics...10,5 years ago...not much change since... :lol:

Yes, and the goal of my suggested ranking is that we could all see where our own highest score stands compared to others... not just to see the top 10 highest scores or 25..
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:47 pm

I d still like to see a high score ranking. Much more interesting than monthly most improved crap
Major betiko

Postby Donelladan on Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:10 am

betiko wrote:-a best score ranking. We all have a high score on our page... would love to see a ranking that includes everybody's best score acheived.

just in case you don't know; the high score on our page isn't the best score achieved, it is limited to a time period. I don't know the time frame, but I know it changes after a while ( low and high both)
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Mad777 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:59 am

Donelladan wrote:
betiko wrote:-a best score ranking. We all have a high score on our page... would love to see a ranking that includes everybody's best score acheived.

just in case you don't know; the high score on our page isn't the best score achieved, it is limited to a time period. I don't know the time frame, but I know it changes after a while ( low and high both)

I'm not sure about that, my highest score still showing the max point I've reached back in July last year...I believe this is recording since implementation and I'm not aware of any sort of reset...
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby InnyaFacce on Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:42 pm

Mageplunka69 would be the Ultimate CONQUERER
Map Rank stats for Jamaica : + 36,452 Points .. 4629 from 20661(22%)
DAS SCHLOß DOUBLES F/S 222 FROM 225 [99%] BEST WINNING STREAK 92-0
Brigadier InnyaFacce

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:51 pm

InnyaFacce wrote:Mageplunka69 would be the Ultimate CONQUERER

Never said it should be from one map only... and such stats are completely meaningless for mage cause he always keeps a low score, so his wins are worth like 4 times yours or so...
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:56 pm

Donelladan wrote:

betiko wrote:
IcePack wrote:Since this info isn't already stored, i'm pretty sure it would take crazy amounts of time / processing power to basically go through every game and recount all the points from game 1 to current?

no... we all have our highscore on our wall, i guess this info is stored somewhere. I know before the highscores were on our walls the info wasn't stored, but no big deal, we can do it since the high scores were instored 3-4 years ago.
And to include inactive players.. i don't know, doesn't seem complicated to include them but i might be wrong

betiko wrote:

Hey don, maybe you should read the thread first, not like there was a lot of reading ;)
I was there way before the high scores on our walls, so I obviously knew that, the title is probably deceiving though. Changing it.
Major betiko

Postby InnyaFacce on Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:02 pm

You said " A BEST SCORE RANKING "
You did not say that it was only a " TOTAL SCORE RANKING "
How do you know if those stats are " meaningless " to him ?
It is not about the score he keeps [ whether it is low or high ]
It is about the fact that he has the BEST SCORE ACHIEVED - no other person can boast such a feat !
betiko wrote:Never said it should be from one map only... and such stats are completely meaningless for mage cause he always keeps a low score, so his wins are worth like 4 times yours or so...

betiko wrote:Could be cool if in the scoreboard tab we could have the following:

DAS SCHLOß DOUBLES F/S 222 FROM 225 [99%] BEST WINNING STREAK 92-0
Brigadier InnyaFacce

Re: High score ranking and other ranking modifications

Postby Donelladan on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:33 am

No betiko I read that part, but that's not what I meant with my sentence.

Even the current score range on our wall is changing and is not the highest and lowest score since this was implemented.

It is our score during a defined time period, and in a few months, my high score is going to be lower than right now if I don't reach it again.
I know for sure it changed at least once since we have that low/high score on our wall.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby betiko on Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:25 am

Donelladan wrote:No betiko I read that part, but that's not what I meant with my sentence.

Even the current score range on our wall is changing and is not the highest and lowest score since this was implemented.

It is our score during a defined time period, and in a few months, my high score is going to be lower than right now if I don't reach it again.
I know for sure it changed at least once since we have that low/high score on our wall.

my high and low score for sure are; and my high score is from 2014. it has never changed since, and I'm pretty sure you got your high score after i got mine, so either there is something wrong with one of our accounts, either you are mistaken.
I remember I was a general during the last world cup and that I was using a french soccer team avatar with the star while I had the general star for those few month back then, so 2014.
Are ou sure about what you are saying? because I'm 100% sure of what I'm saying regarding my own score range.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:33 am

InnyaFacce wrote:You said " A BEST SCORE RANKING "
You did not say that it was only a " TOTAL SCORE RANKING "
How do you know if those stats are " meaningless " to him ?
It is not about the score he keeps [ whether it is low or high ]
It is about the fact that he has the BEST SCORE ACHIEVED - no other person can boast such a feat !
betiko wrote:Never said it should be from one map only... and such stats are completely meaningless for mage cause he always keeps a low score, so his wins are worth like 4 times yours or so...

I don't mean they are meaningless in his eyes, sorry, bad english, i meant mage's are meaningless as what you are looking at is map rank, and map rank calculates that in a way that makes no sense. It totall depends on the score you have when you win.
And I'm obviously talking about the only score that counts as it's the only official one... anything else is just data extrapolation from a third party tool that very few are still using by now.

Mage is pretty much a caporal or stuff like that all the time, so getting wins as a caporal in multiplayer games give him shit tons of points each time.
For example, you could have 66% win rate on a certain map and yet have negative points if you are a high ranker... these stats mean jack shit, just because it's apples and oranges.
Major betiko

Postby Donelladan on Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:19 am

betiko wrote:
Donelladan wrote:No betiko I read that part, but that's not what I meant with my sentence.

my high and low score for sure are; and my high score is from 2014. it has never changed since, and I'm pretty sure you got your high score after i got mine, so either there is something wrong with one of our accounts, either you are mistaken.
I remember I was a general during the last world cup and that I was using a french soccer team avatar with the star while I had the general star for those few month back then, so 2014.
Are ou sure about what you are saying? because I'm 100% sure of what I'm saying regarding my own score range.

Well I don't know since when is that stuff on our wall, but I am pretty sure that it was changed once ( I mean my high score has been reduced once); now maybe they finally changed their mine and decided to make it all time since 2014, but I know it changed at some point.

EDIT :
it's difficult to find examples, but I found one.
NoobStyle current score range Range: 2650-3633)
In 2014 : Game 14606159
2014-07-06 02:58:31 - NoobStyle has a score of 1471.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby betiko on Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:02 pm

Donelladan wrote:
betiko wrote:

Well I don't know since when is that stuff on our wall, but I am pretty sure that it was changed once ( I mean my high score has been reduced once); now maybe they finally changed their mine and decided to make it all time since 2014, but I know it changed at some point.

EDIT :

well i kind of remember a small reset a few weeks after the release, maybe it was that. What we have right now are high-low scores that are about 3 and a half years old... seems like a pretty solid data by now that wouldn't be that complicated to pull out. And a pretty interesting one...
we are doing this stupid one month best progression, i'd rather see people's best highscores
Major betiko

Postby DJENRE on Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:10 am

betiko wrote:
Donelladan wrote:
betiko wrote:

EDIT :

well i kind of remember a small reset a few weeks after the release, maybe it was that. What we have right now are high-low scores that are about 3 and a half years old... seems like a pretty solid data by now that wouldn't be that complicated to pull out. And a pretty interesting one...
we are doing this stupid one month best progression, i'd rather see people's best highscores

I agree with betiko's idea, it could help many players.
Also, nobody know about the ranking, which period is taken for the calculation???? :shock: :shock: :shock:
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Corporal 1st Class DJENRE

Location: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Postby betiko on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:07 am

DJENRE wrote:
betiko wrote:
Donelladan wrote:
betiko wrote:

EDIT :

I agree with betiko's idea, it could help many players.
Also, nobody know about the ranking, which period is taken for the calculation???? :shock: :shock: :shock:

This was a feature that was added in 2014 if i remember well. It has taken into consideration only scores starting from the day it was introduced, but i m pretty sure it got reset once that same year. I know for certain my highest score achieved was in 2014 as it was during the south african world cup, and it s still the one on my profile.
Major betiko

Next

Return to Suggestions