Conquer Club

Resign button - Extension ( Revised by ADMIN)

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Resign button - Extension

Postby IcePack on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:23 pm

People say GG even before it’s over sometimes and turn the game. Doesn’t mean they stop playing don. Not every instance is how you frame it.

Not everyone will quit. Not everyone stops playing. Not everyone deadbeats.
Yes things can happen already but don’t always happen. People will resign out of frustration instead of actually losing. It’s super easy and fast to click resign.

Giving up after stepping away from the game, or dead beating all takes time in which you can reconsider your thoughts and actions and can’t do it out of frustration in a moment

This is setting up a freeway for people to quit / lose. Deadbeating and quitting has always been against the rules. Now why should we start encouraging it? If this is going to get implimented why should dead beating be against the rules?

If quitting is fine then intentional deadbeating should immediately stop being punished.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:45 pm

I think you misunderstood me IcePack.

So I said, already, with the current system without a resign button, there is situation in which some players decide to give up and they stop trying to win.
I am not speaking about players that say gg and keep attacking and taking bonus, I am talking about players that say gg( or don't say anything ) but start to deploy and make no more attacks.
This is already happening.

Also I have no idea why you are talking about deadbeating I wasn't speaking of that at all. I was speaking of people that in a 24h game, decide to stop trying to win because they think they have no chance.

To summarize it very roughly and quickly we can say there is TWO kind of people.
1) the one that keep trying to win no matter what even if it's really hopeless.
2) people that when they think there is no more hope, try to finish the game quickly, thus they stop attacking or they even suicide their troops.

Now if you belong to the 1st category, with or without a resign button, it's your character to keep trying and you'll keep doing so.
If you belong to the 2nd category, as I said multiples times, they already exists, they already do stop "playing" and by that I mean they only deploy/end, I don't mean deadbeating.

The resign button, for trench game, make sense because in trench game there is a point where the win is really completely 100% secured and it's impossible to come back.
Now is there people that will resign before it's 100% lost ? Yes definitely, but those people are already doing so.

The huge majority of player have free will and they won't ever be force to click in resign, no more than you can currently force them to keep trying to win.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Gravityfailure on Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:39 pm

I also vote for the resign button speed trench

I believe that when we are defenseless to concede a game it is something honorable .

Gl Donelladan
Sergeant 1st Class Gravityfailure

Postby Extreme Ways on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:10 pm

gravityfailure wrote:I also vote for the resign button speed trench

I believe that when we are defenseless to concede a game it is something honorable .

Gl Donelladan

So what are you supporting? The feature in its current state?
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:15 pm

IcePack wrote:People say GG even before it’s over sometimes and turn the game. Doesn’t mean they stop playing don. Not every instance is how you frame it.

Not everyone will quit. Not everyone stops playing. Not everyone deadbeats.
Yes things can happen already but don’t always happen. People will resign out of frustration instead of actually losing. It’s super easy and fast to click resign.

Giving up after stepping away from the game, or dead beating all takes time in which you can reconsider your thoughts and actions and can’t do it out of frustration in a moment

This is setting up a freeway for people to quit / lose. Deadbeating and quitting has always been against the rules. Now why should we start encouraging it? If this is going to get implimented why should dead beating be against the rules?

If quitting is fine then intentional deadbeating should immediately stop being punished.

The reason intentional deadbeating is against the rules has nothing to do with some fairy-tale honor system that you and friends play with. It is illegal because of the possibility for scoreboard manipulation, which resigning also has a possibility of.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Gravityfailure on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:17 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:
gravityfailure wrote:I also vote for the resign button speed trench

Gl Donelladan

So what are you supporting? The feature in its current state?

Hello, from speed trench to 24hs game resign button
Sergeant 1st Class Gravityfailure

Postby 11Joan11 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:00 am

Absolutely agree with all the above. When the game is clearly over, you should have the choice to resign and not have to go on endlessly especially in trench and poly. It's about common sense here common. It's clear when a game is done that it's done. I'm one of those players that only deploys and ends when the game is really over and would really enjoy the smartness of a resign button. In all the games. Also in team games.
Private 11Joan11

Postby mrfitz66 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:58 am

I support this suggestion
Captain mrfitz66

Postby Paengars on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:58 pm

We need this for every trench game.
General Paengars

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:13 pm

Paengars wrote:We need this for every trench game.

I suppose it's acceptable in non-team 2-player games, but if there are more than two players involved, undue coercion and strategic sabotage will be inevitable by-products.
Personally I believe that cool-down period at an end of a trench game, or any game for that matter, should not be abandoned or rushed, but rather should be used as a time for personal and strategic reflection.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Re: Resign button - Extension - THE PROOF

Postby Kevi on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:09 am

https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=17077856

rmjw has only 1 place to attack - a killer neutral which can only bombard - this is a long game
Captain Kevi

Postby Donelladan on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:17 am

Well, this suggestion concern a resign button for 1vs1, poly and potentially team game with 2 teams only.
It doesn't concern multiplayer games which is a very different topic.

But rmjw could take the killer neutral, move the stack on it, then I am sure red or light green would agree to kill him. ;)
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Kevi on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:22 am

Donelladan wrote:Well, this suggestion concern a resign button for 1vs1, poly and potentially team game with 2 teams only.
It doesn't concern multiplayer games which is a very different topic.

But rmjw could take the killer neutral, move the stack on it, then I am sure red or light green would agree to kill him. ;)

Sounds like a reasonable solution :D =D>
Captain Kevi

Postby Michael87 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:08 am

I agree with this
Colonel Michael87

Re: Resign button - Extension ( Revised by ADMIN)

Postby Donelladan on Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:43 am

OP edited.
Please further discuss the following :

The admin is approving following suggestion ( still to be discussed here) :

Extension of the resign feature from speed game to casual game.

Previous restrictions still apply, i.e. :

• 2 Player games only ( 1vs1 and poly)
  • Round must be 10 or higher for the resign button to appear in 1vs1
  • Round must be 6 or higher for the resign button to appear in polymorphic games
  • Must be Trench

Additional restrictions :

• For non-tournament games only, de facto excluding all clan games as well
  • The resigning player must have less than half the army count of their opponent.

Note : For now, the accept button discussed in the "original" suggestion will not be considered, mainly because it may create as many problem as it solves.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Extreme Ways on Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:05 pm

I like this revision.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby zeus111 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:09 pm

great idea in clan and tribe games if all have to agree and hit resign i dont see issue just make sure that all team m8s have to hit the resign button not just one
Lieutenant zeus111

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:43 am

That was anticlimactic.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Lockup on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:44 am

I think that all trench singles would benefit from it....
In speed, you can honourably DB out and it is all over in minutes...
24hr games that can drag for days
Major Lockup

Postby jmscoelho on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:42 am

Agree and support. For team games all the team must resign.
Major jmscoelho

Postby BrutalBob on Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:03 am

+1 for resign any 1v1 24hr, normal speed etc and any 2 team games as per donelladan's suggestion. Even without the restrictions.

Sometimes I have to leave a game and I am happy to quit. Its not a big deal, its a 1v1 game so no third party is being impacted upon, which I believe is the original intention of the anti deadbeat rules. So if for whatever reason I want to give the game to my opponent without having to make the, go through the motions are wait while I time out- why not?

IcePack wrote:...

So what. Why should it bother you how I play my games

IcePack wrote:

No, deadbeating is annoying as one player has to wait around for the deadbeater to time out. We should not encourage that. You consider deadbeating and resigning as the same withing which I disagree with. Resigning is a considerate method to end the game and do something useful with your time.
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby Kambodia on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:23 pm

I agree this is needed for 1 vs 1 trench games.
Colonel Kambodia

Postby DJENRE on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:56 pm

Any news?
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Corporal 1st Class DJENRE

Location: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Postby mc05025 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:00 am

why only trench? in hive for example it takes like for ever to finish a normal poly 4 (and unfortunately deadbeating takes 4X3=12 days instead of 3). There are other big maps as well.

Moreover the restriction of the double number of troops seems problematic. Firstly the troops due is much more important in general. In trench (and not only) games it is possible to even have the same number of troops and have absolutely no chances. Secondly in fog games you do not know the number of troops. In extreme situations this could interfere with the normal game-play as the activation of the button will give up the opponet's number of troops in fog games.
Field Marshal mc05025

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions