Conquer Club

Timing-out loophole [Implemented on Casual]

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Should the loophole be closed?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:38 am

Yes, for all games
58%
Yes, but only for 24-hour games, not for speed
31%
No, leave it
11%

Total votes : 198

Re: Is it time to close the timing-out loophole?

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:24 pm

misteryforall wrote:I am voted YES only for 24h nuclear/zombie games.
Here sam suggestion, when player 3 times mised turn he going to deadbeat. Something like that can be used when player dont end turn(if take terr.) 3 times during all game.

it's a good idea, but in practice... no one will miss 3 times his turn in an escalating or flat rate intentionally. If a turn is missed or not ended intentionally, that's only on the first round of trades. After that it's definitely not in your advantage... so 3 times... no one would do that.

In zombie/nuclear, yes... a player could do it 3 times or more...
Major betiko

Postby ConfederateSS on Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:34 pm

----I know most people today want everything handed to them...So if you didn't know...I guess I'll have to hold you handDDS...THAT 10,000 NUMBER WAS RESEARCHED BY Jn(owen)...YOU MIGHT FIND WANT YOUR LOOKING FOR IN THE GD....Yes all the settings that kept being introduced,were by the clans and tourney goers...New members would join,get over whelmed and leave...That is why new recruits...now... are sent to just a few basic maps.......Smart asses,who like the loophole in question are the same people who used to farm new recruits,instead of helping them,as they journeyed into Conquer Club...expecting to play the basic game of R.I.S.K...not every setting,people could pull out of their ass...not to be preyed on as newbies... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:50 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:----I know most people today want everything handed to them...So if you didn't know...I guess I'll have to hold you handDDS...THAT 10,000 NUMBER WAS RESEARCHED BY Jn(owen)...YOU MIGHT FIND WANT YOUR LOOKING FOR IN THE GD....Yes all the settings that kept being introduced,were by the clans and tourney goers...New members would join,get over whelmed and leave...That is why new recruits...now... are sent to just a few basic maps.......Smart asses,who like the loophole in question are the same people who used to farm new recruits,instead of helping them,as they journeyed into Conquer Club...expecting to play the basic game of R.I.S.K...not every setting,people could pull out of their ass...not to be preyed on as newbies... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D

dude... has it ocured to you that most people would have left the site long ago if this was just 10 maps and 2-3 settings? maybe that's good enough for the people of your kind holding the IQ of a dead squid... but most people get bored if they don't get new challenges and new stuff comming out you know?

yeah... i'm sure the real reason why people leave is because there are too many settings lol. Hey why don't you do us a favour and leave too, this site has obviously too many settings for you, and people seem to force you to play those evil settings that are the downfall of cc.
Major betiko

Postby misteryforall on Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:02 pm

Of corse, in esc and flat noone wanna to stay withouth card, maybe sometimes for 1 round, but that its all.
Aim was on nuclear and zombie games, is there a rule for deadbeat he/she must finish turn and take card or will go out of game. Three times is far inafe to try to dodge, that can be used at end in games with round limit.
betiko wrote:
misteryforall wrote:I am voted YES only for 24h nuclear/zombie games.
Here sam suggestion, when player 3 times mised turn he going to deadbeat. Something like that can be used when player dont end turn(if take terr.) 3 times during all game.

it's a good idea, but in practice... no one will miss 3 times his turn in an escalating or flat rate intentionally. If a turn is missed or not ended intentionally, that's only on the first round of trades. After that it's definitely not in your advantage... so 3 times... no one would do that.

In zombie/nuclear, yes... a player could do it 3 times or more...
Captain misteryforall

Postby mrswdk on Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:00 pm

I heard saxi times out in no spoils games.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby riskllama on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:54 pm

betiko wrote:
ConfederateSS wrote:----I know most people today want everything handed to them...So if you didn't know...I guess I'll have to hold you handDDS...THAT 10,000 NUMBER WAS RESEARCHED BY Jn(owen)...YOU MIGHT FIND WANT YOUR LOOKING FOR IN THE GD....Yes all the settings that kept being introduced,were by the clans and tourney goers...New members would join,get over whelmed and leave...That is why new recruits...now... are sent to just a few basic maps.......Smart asses,who like the loophole in question are the same people who used to farm new recruits,instead of helping them,as they journeyed into Conquer Club...expecting to play the basic game of R.I.S.K...not every setting,people could pull out of their ass...not to be preyed on as newbies... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D

dude... has it ocured to you that most people would have left the site long ago if this was just 10 maps and 2-3 settings? maybe that's good enough for the people of your kind holding the IQ of a dead squid... but most people get bored if they don't get new challenges and new stuff comming out you know?

yeah... i'm sure the real reason why people leave is because there are too many settings lol. Hey why don't you do us a favour and leave too, this site has obviously too many settings for you, and people seem to force you to play those evil settings that are the downfall of cc.

while there seems to be some agreement on a lot of people leaving en masse when the FS rules changed, 10 000 seems a bit unlikely, ss - not sure if you're "source" is all that credible... ;)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:04 pm

Lol. Owen. Thats your source?

Go away, idiot.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Donelladan on Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:20 am

Missing turns with 5 cards in escalating game seems to be a totally different issue and worth another suggestion thread. Maybe we should discuss it elsewhere and focus on the running out of time story only. Save time and energy :)

I have read all your argument about making a difference between escalating/nuke( zombie). But I don't think we should have a different system for different spoils. I think it is easier and makes more sense to have one for all kind of spoils.
Of course the one written on the rule, as someone else mentioned earlier :

You earn spoils at the end of every turn in which you successfully conquer a region, just like reality!

That is the description of the game on this website. It should be the case for all kind of spoils and settings.

Yes awarding automatic spoils for speed game when a territory has been conquered will change things. But it isn't necessarily a bad thing. And in speed freestyle multiplayer the fastest player will still have a huge advantage.
And you can't come telling me I don't know what I am talking about. I actually set up lot of 1vs1 speed escalating game on KCI, and I choose escalating only because I know lot of players are going to miss cards thus it will give me an edge. So I know the effect this change will have on speed game.
But I still think it will be better. It will be different but not bad. And even if I enjoy seeing my opponent missing spoils in speed game, I think it should not happen.

Taking a territory should mean getting a spoils, always, it is simple.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby -1-1-3- on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:58 am

hello everyone,

first i must say that i'm OK with the present state-of-things [that is... the possibility to run out of time - no matter if intentional or not - and to get no card].
but if the rules (and codes) change i will also be OK with that.
But i would definitely miss all the dramas around players missing cards : )

Since it seems we are leaning toward an acceptation of dukasaur's proposition, I would really encourage all the people about to vote YES, to chose the
'YES, but ONLY for 24hrs games'. I agree (freestyle) speedgames are declining in number but... please... for the memory of GreatOllie, jdw, PaddytheCat and so many other... and for the future fun of future freestyle-speedgames players... please do not apply it to speedgames.

To make a long story short for those not familiar with games like 8 players freestyle 1min escalating... a big part of the fun and skills in those games is in the fact that some players are able to make moves at the very last seconds and still get a card, while other cant be fast enough and miss (sometimes crucial) card(s).

And those kinds of settings have to be conserved for Future Generations : )

#RazerNaga4CCplayers
Major -1-1-3-

Postby -1-1-3- on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:59 am

[ this was a desperate call ]
Major -1-1-3-

Postby IcePack on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:17 am

Yep I agree, just because something isn't active right now doesn't mean we should kill it fully and make sure it can't recover down the road

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:49 pm

-1-1-3- wrote:hello everyone,

first i must say that i'm OK with the present state-of-things [that is... the possibility to run out of time - no matter if intentional or not - and to get no card].
but if the rules (and codes) change i will also be OK with that.
But i would definitely miss all the dramas around players missing cards : )

Since it seems we are leaning toward an acceptation of dukasaur's proposition, I would really encourage all the people about to vote YES, to chose the
'YES, but ONLY for 24hrs games'. I agree (freestyle) speedgames are declining in number but... please... for the memory of GreatOllie, jdw, PaddytheCat and so many other... and for the future fun of future freestyle-speedgames players... please do not apply it to speedgames.

To make a long story short for those not familiar with games like 8 players freestyle 1min escalating... a big part of the fun and skills in those games is in the fact that some players are able to make moves at the very last seconds and still get a card, while other cant be fast enough and miss (sometimes crucial) card(s).

And those kinds of settings have to be conserved for Future Generations : )

#RazerNaga4CCplayers

This. And i m a guy that is slow with a slow ping no matter where i am or what device I use. If i go under 10s i miss my spoil even if I press E like a nutcase. Those games are really fun... or just any battle royale freestyle mode...

So here is where I stand:

Freestyle/speed escalating/flat = no end turn -> spoil missed

Freestyle/speed zombie/nuke= no end turn -> spoil given

Casual escalating/flat = no end turn -> spoil given

Casual zombie/nuke= no end turn -> spoil given

show
Major betiko

Postby morleyjoe on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:17 pm

It should apply to all games. And it is at a 87% yes result currently in the poll.
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

Postby IcePack on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:25 pm

morleyjoe wrote:It should apply to all games. And it is at a 87% yes result currently in the poll.

Its only 50% for all games

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:31 pm

IcePack wrote:
morleyjoe wrote:It should apply to all games. And it is at a 87% yes result currently in the poll.

Its only 50% for all games

and 87% agree to change the current system at least for casual games. Too bad there is no poll option for my position which is between these two.
Major betiko

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:34 pm

I take issue with the poll. You don’t know where those conditional votes would land if was a yes/no decision.

Also, this decision will have a big impact on the speed BR players, many of whom only participate in the speed BR games. With no speed BRs running we’re probably missing a key demographic in this vote.
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby IcePack on Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:09 pm

CatchersMitt14 wrote:I take issue with the poll. You don’t know where those conditional votes would land if was a yes/no decision.

Also, this decision will have a big impact on the speed BR players, many of whom only participate in the speed BR games. With no speed BRs running we’re probably missing a key demographic in this vote.

It would also be nice if the OP was less biased, saying its "cheating" in the OP when currently, its not can sway the uninformed / those who dont read the thread.

I'm sure I can get someone to read an OP, and thats it and say "well if its cheating of course we should close the loophole!" without even knowing the current rules or reading the thread.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby -1-1-3- on Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:52 pm

IcePack wrote:
CatchersMitt14 wrote:I take issue with the poll. You don’t know where those conditional votes would land if was a yes/no decision.

It would also be nice if the OP was less biased, saying its "cheating" in the OP when currently, its not can sway the uninformed / those who dont read the thread.

I'm sure I can get someone to read an OP, and thats it and say "well if its cheating of course we should close the loophole!" without even knowing the current rules or reading the thread.

Very good point about the bias in the original post, with all respect to the original poster.
Major -1-1-3-

Postby ConfederateSS on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:53 pm

--------I wouldn't call it cheating either...I would call it..."IT SUCKS"...or holding someone Hostage...........How about something to go along with it...1ST turn deadbeated or not ended..."MINUS 50 PTS...THE 2ND TURN... --100 PTS,and so on"...TO GO ALONG,NOT ENDING TURN... WITH GIVEN A CARD,OR IN MISSING A TURN'S...I wonder how many would use such a tactic time and time again?.......If something came up in real life for those who don't do these things as a standard tactic...They can get those points back in no time...Without the guilt of the "IT SUCKS",holding someone Hostage,others may feel,or karma...that could explain the bad dice,people are always crying about ;) ......You start hitting points and ranks,for missed turns ,or not ending a turn,which I think is a Hostage tactic....You will see a change in tactics real fast... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D
-----Now yes ,everyone has the right to their time,say 24hr,you get 1hr to take your turn...But as what took place in the 2016 Feb. Challenge..."FEBENARIO".........Was just someone abusing his allowed time......I'll say his name CODE RED........He was making the fun of the challenge, turn sour for many...Some started to copy him...To try and stop him,or show how a much of a sucky move/tactic it is....Some missed out on medals because of it...If things could of moved along smoothly.....I was a front runner for 1st with Code Red....Because of his act...I fell on my sword and refused my 2016 Feb.chal.medal and any prizes with it...I even said,my tokens could be given to those who missed out of medals by a few tokens...I don't think that happened...HOW MANY POSTING IN THIS LOOPHOLE THREAD...WOULD DO THE SAME?...When something wrong is happening...Or would they just take the medals and trophies and pretend nothing happened?....Based on the posts in this thread...I willing to bet NONE!!!
------Then read in the 2017 Feb.chal..."FEBENARIO",how I fought for GLORY!on the sacrifice of the year before! ...:)...I know how DDS likes the help in finding things...:)
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Postby demonfork on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:27 am

Forced spoils of war is a dumb concept.

What other game in the wold of real life combat/war situation requires this?

If I'm on the battlefield of war and I kill an enemy soldier, am I required to take his weapon or do I have the option to leave it behind?

If I'm playing any game from fucking Legend of Zelda all the way to the latest FPS, am I required to take the spoils from a kill or can I leave that shit behind?

Furthermore, If you decide to time-out and miss your spoil, you miss your fortify step. This reality adds a modicum of balance to the act of not taking a card and therefore turns the option of "timing out" into a legitimate strategy decision.
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby josko.ri on Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:20 am

demonfork wrote:Forced spoils of war is a dumb concept.

What other game in the wold of real life combat/war situation requires this?

If I'm on the battlefield of war and I kill an enemy soldier, am I required to take his weapon or do I have the option to leave it behind?

If I'm playing any game from fucking Legend of Zelda all the way to the latest FPS, am I required to take the spoils from a kill or can I leave that shit behind?

Furthermore, If you decide to time-out and miss your spoil, you miss your fortify step. This reality adds a modicum of balance to the act of not taking a card and therefore turns the option of "timing out" into a legitimate strategy decision.

this is how I think as well.
Major josko.ri

Postby MagnusGreeol on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:56 am

- I voted "yes" for all wars! Its a 51% lead now!

- Don't understand how people aren't getting it? If you conquer a territory, You should have no choice but to exept a spoil,,, Like Duka said, People trying to manipulate won't be able to, qnd those unfortunate with accidentall run outs will be happy for it! ")>
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby ConfederateSS on Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:37 am

MagnusGreeol wrote:- I voted "yes" for all wars! Its a 51% lead now!

- Don't understand how people aren't getting it? If you conquer a territory, You should have no choice but to exept a spoil,,, Like Duka said, People trying to manipulate won't be able to, qnd those unfortunate with accidentall run outs will be happy for it! ")>

=D> =D> =D> =D>
-------It's not a warrior fighting a warrior as other games...demonfork, say mortal combat...or a warrior game where you take your vanquished's weapons,like D and D etc...
-------THE GAME OF R.I.S.K...WAS MADE TO ACT AS TAKING OVER THE WORLD.......YOU TAKE A TERRITORY ....YOU GET A CARD....PERIOD!!!!....THAT IS HOW ALBERT LAMORISSE INVENTED THE GAME...R.I.S.K....YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO START YOUR TURN,DEPLOY YOUR TROOPS,DO NOT ATTACK,DO NOT TAKE A TERRITORY,END YOUR TURN...DO NOT RECEIVE A CARD...TRY THAT TACTIC....IT HELPS WHEN YOU HAVE A NICE,BUT SMALL NUMBER OF ARMIES LEFT,BUT NO SPOILS...PEOPLE ARE LESS LIKELY TO TRY AND TAKE YOU OUT...KNOWING THEY WILL HAVE TO BURN ARMIES TO ELIMINATE YOU,BUT WILL GET NO CARDS IN DOING SO...WHILE WEAKENING THEMSELVES FOR ANOTHER PLAYER IN THE GAME TO ATTACK THEM... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions