Conquer Club

Timing-out loophole [Implemented on Casual]

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Should the loophole be closed?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:38 am

Yes, for all games
58%
Yes, but only for 24-hour games, not for speed
31%
No, leave it
11%

Total votes : 198

Re: Is it time to close the timing-out loophole?

Postby betiko on Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:36 pm

mrswdk wrote:Being pragmatic we should agree not to label as a cheat because this cheat is common enough that it would clog the C&A board if we started actioning it. The C&A mods are just volunteers with finite time like the rest of us. Furthermore, C&A requires people to bring forth complaints. The majority of players don't take the time to read the logs after a game. It is quite likely someone has cheated you out of a game in this manner and you didn't even notice. Rules which require manual enforcement are going to be rarely and inconsistently enforced. The only way to have a rule consistently and reliably enforced is to make it built-in to the actual game mechanics, and that is the only way we will eliminate this cheat.

If you don t notice a player is down a spoil compared to what he should have, or at least have the doubt and go check in the log, well then you are playing way too casually to give your opinion.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:41 pm

Mad777 wrote:
betiko wrote:
Mad777 wrote:I don't see why spoil type should have a different treatment, doesn't matter what some player found to be the best scenario receiving a crad or not the bottom line is that you conquer a territory - you get a card, there is a No Spoil setting for those who don't want to get a card.
All those "strategy" around a coding that has never been updated is against the spirit of the RISK game, if this suggestion pass the cut some player may found harder to win a game without being help by the game coding and more about how to escape a possible trap by trading cards...in this suggestion there isn't much room for grey area, either we allow the timing out or not and for all type of spoil.
The OP has been made in such a way to not let any "grey" zone...

looks like you either don't read me, or don't try to understand what you read... or just don't understand how this game works.
I know it's one of the first two, as it often happens with you... and I've seen you doing it in this thread to others ;)

So let me rephrase, and I hope you'll give it a thought before replying this time
You cannot treat every type of settings the same way... In some cases, the essence of a setting is to collect as much spoils as possible; in some it's to avoid spoils in certain situations. In some very fast speed game settings, the whole strategy is to make your opponent run out of time so he doesn't collect his spoil.... And this type of setting is enjoyed by many, and is not illegit. It deserves to still be playable. I've also seen players taking the whole damn hour to take their turn. Why would they deserve the spoil if they take over an hour in a flat/escalating game? There is not 1 patch for everything. You need different remedies.

The OP is not enough specific. This can't be oversimplified like this. You need to separate the game types i've listed and treat them differently.

bet, I appreciate you are worry about my english level but if my last post was made only to reply to your post then I would have quoted it, since I haven't done that way then my response was a generic thought/post and mainly to expose the fact this suggestion was made at a whole "spoil type" level on purpose.

That doesn't mean your strategy point is valid or not, you seems to just not be 100% in agreement nor 100% in disagreement, I was only answering those who are asking and/or saying the OP should be revise and to be more specific.

Be sure I read & understood all those posting so far ;)

To emphasize my answer let me recall the way we have introduced the Resign button, at first with some game type and now trying to expend that feature to more side of the gaming, well....this suggestion can be taken the same way, applying the coding the way the game spirit should be, like the basic RISK, and in regards on the spoil rule, then if any tweak to be made because some players feel there is a strategy value to do so then those are welcome to submit another suggestion and be the owner of something that may better fit their way to see how the gaming should be.

Never said anything about your english... this happens in french too! :P

So, if you give the resign button as an example... you are going my way. This should be applied only to nuclear and zombie games. That is where the cheating happens.
People missing spoils for not ending turns in escalating/flat can just suck it up.
Major betiko

Postby Mad777 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:50 pm

betiko wrote:
Mad777 wrote:
betiko wrote:
Mad777 wrote:I don't see why spoil type should have a different treatment, doesn't matter what some player found to be the best scenario receiving a crad or not the bottom line is that you conquer a territory - you get a card, there is a No Spoil setting for those who don't want to get a card.
All those "strategy" around a coding that has never been updated is against the spirit of the RISK game, if this suggestion pass the cut some player may found harder to win a game without being help by the game coding and more about how to escape a possible trap by trading cards...in this suggestion there isn't much room for grey area, either we allow the timing out or not and for all type of spoil.
The OP has been made in such a way to not let any "grey" zone...

looks like you either don't read me, or don't try to understand what you read... or just don't understand how this game works.
I know it's one of the first two, as it often happens with you... and I've seen you doing it in this thread to others ;)

So let me rephrase, and I hope you'll give it a thought before replying this time
You cannot treat every type of settings the same way... In some cases, the essence of a setting is to collect as much spoils as possible; in some it's to avoid spoils in certain situations. In some very fast speed game settings, the whole strategy is to make your opponent run out of time so he doesn't collect his spoil.... And this type of setting is enjoyed by many, and is not illegit. It deserves to still be playable. I've also seen players taking the whole damn hour to take their turn. Why would they deserve the spoil if they take over an hour in a flat/escalating game? There is not 1 patch for everything. You need different remedies.

The OP is not enough specific. This can't be oversimplified like this. You need to separate the game types i've listed and treat them differently.

bet, I appreciate you are worry about my english level but if my last post was made only to reply to your post then I would have quoted it, since I haven't done that way then my response was a generic thought/post and mainly to expose the fact this suggestion was made at a whole "spoil type" level on purpose.

That doesn't mean your strategy point is valid or not, you seems to just not be 100% in agreement nor 100% in disagreement, I was only answering those who are asking and/or saying the OP should be revise and to be more specific.

Be sure I read & understood all those posting so far ;)

To emphasize my answer let me recall the way we have introduced the Resign button, at first with some game type and now trying to expend that feature to more side of the gaming, well....this suggestion can be taken the same way, applying the coding the way the game spirit should be, like the basic RISK, and in regards on the spoil rule, then if any tweak to be made because some players feel there is a strategy value to do so then those are welcome to submit another suggestion and be the owner of something that may better fit their way to see how the gaming should be.

Never said anything about your english... this happens in french too! :P

Touche! :lol: well played... ;)

So, if you give the resign button as an example... you are going my way. This should be applied only to nuclear and zombie games. That is where the cheating happens.
People missing spoils for not ending turns in escalating/flat can just suck it up.

I gave the resign button exemple to show that a suggestion can be improve but not saying I'm going your way, sorry bud, I'm more in favor to have this one implemented as a whole and because I feel RISK gameplay should be like that, then if those who are against wants to submit a tweak to eliminate some spoil type feel free to do it, I'm in favor of all in in this one and this explain why the OP won't change nor being more specific 8-)
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby betiko on Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:23 pm

So you don't see how not finishing your turn within its deadline is not worthy of a sanction?
You are removing a lot of difficulty and strategy to some settings. It doesn t make much sense.
The speed games and the freestyle games need that rule to continue the way it is for reward spoils. Being fast doesn't hold any benefit anymore otherwise.
Do you even play these settings to give your opinion on the matter? Without checking i see you have a bronze both in speed and freestyle... therefore you virtually don't play those modes... so I don't see how your opinion holds any weight there.
Major betiko

Postby Mad777 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:46 pm

betiko wrote:So you don't see how not finishing your turn within its deadline is not worthy of a sanction?
You are removing a lot of difficulty and strategy to some settings. It doesn t make much sense.
The speed games and the freestyle games need that rule to continue the way it is for reward spoils. Being fast doesn't hold any benefit anymore otherwise.
Do you even play these settings to give your opinion on the matter? Without checking i see you have a bronze both in speed and freestyle... therefore you virtually don't play those modes... so I don't see how your opinion holds any weight there.

That is why I voted for the 24hrs game poll option ;)
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby LiveLoveTeach on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:23 pm

betiko wrote:here would be my ruling:

1) a player missing his turn in an escalating game WITH 5 CARDS IN HAND: his trade will hold the same value it had when he was forced to trade (let's call it N) all the following players get the trade they deserve. N+1, N+2 etc... the player who missed gets his deserved N, then his trades go back to normal wherever the escalating count is. If another player kills him, the first trade he gets midturn from that kill should be N i guess. This rule would be only for misses with 5 cards in hand in escalating. This is a common foul play that needs to end. Some might not miss on purpose, this rule seems fair for everybody.

2) in flat rate or escalating (spoils with benefits) not pressing end turn results in a spoil loss.
I would say except in team / poly games. That is for really advanced players who know what i m talking about... let s say a player is about to get killed... you might want to make a strategical attack but don t want to take the spoil so that the next opponent doesn t kill and cash mid turn...

3) in zombie or nuclear (spoils with double edge). Who has never used a safe spot... then ends up with a double pair... not knowing if the next spoil will make you nuke your stack? It's totally foul play to go break a bonus and not take your next spoil... that is a total exploitation of a loophole. Taking a tert in those games should give you an automatic spoil wether you end turn or not.

There. I think this covers all type of intentional turn or spoil miss that people exploit.

1. We aren't discussing what happens with spoils if you miss a turn. Duk has already explained that earlier, but in case you missed it, I've included it here:
show: explanation

This is regardless of escalating, flat rate, nuclear or zombie spoils... this suggestion will have NO EFFECT on what happens if you miss a turn. It is a very specific suggestion regarding what happens with spoils at the end of your turn if you run out of time.

2. I think your argument for why the loophole should be closed with zombie and nuclear spoils is exactly why it should be done for escalating and flat rate as well.
betiko wrote:It's totally foul play to go break a bonus and not take your next spoil... that is a total exploitation of a loophole. Taking a tert in those games should give you an automatic spoil wether you end turn or not.

3. I agree.
Major LiveLoveTeach

Postby ConfederateSS on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:10 pm

betiko wrote:So you don't see how not finishing your turn within its deadline is not worthy of a sanction?

------I voted YES,for all games...As a regular joe/casual player ,it has been sad over the years watching the tourney goers/clans ,chase everyone potential new member away...With all the settings,etc...As they get things changed to suit them,as the majority being casual new players gets ignored....Before you say something.......You don't need to win a million games in a second....That change of speed was horrible...when it went to 1,2,3,4,or 5mins...Speed was suppose to resemble a real life game, you would be playing, say on a dinning room table...I always thought the High Command went the wrong way...It should have been changed from 5min to 15min...OR HAVE A 15min ADDED...Freestyle also,actually I joined freestyle settings ,when I 1st joined Conquer Club,not knowing...I won like 3 of of 5,including my 1st win...Once I got the hang of it in a couple of turns...Never really cared for it though...Like Mad,I have bronze IN speed and freestyle...I got the bronze in the New Freestyle rules...FREESTYLE NEEDS TO BE PUT BACK TO THE OLD WAY... I remember a story about someone putting a rock on their keyboard,so they would always be one of the 1st to take their turn...I don't know if that is why freestyle was changed...Or if the story was real...But Conquer Club lost like 10,000 members after the change,yet the new freestyle rule is still here...
-------Not to mention,not ending your turn,so you don't get a spoil...it is also kind of holding someone HOSTAGE(only an hour,of course less in speed,but still :roll: ),when used in a 24 hour or speed game...SO IT NEEDS TO GO!!!!!!!!! O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:) ....Hooch ,you asked how can 120 or so make a change that effects everyone/6,000...hopefully 20k in a year... :D ......HAVE YOU HEARD OF PLUTO,WITH OVER 10,000 MEMBERS in the IAU,only about 420 voted to remove Pluto from being the 9th planet in our Solar System........So yes,it would be nice if 6,000 voted on the loophole of not ending your turn...But let's faces it........Really it only matters about one member if it gets changed or not...BIG WHAMM :D
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:31 am

ConfederateSS wrote:

------I voted YES,for all games...As a regular joe/casual player ,it has been sad over the years watching the tourney goers/clans ,chase everyone potential new member away...With all the settings,etc...As they get things changed to suit them,as the majority being casual new players gets ignored....Before you say something.......You don't need to win a million games in a second....That change of speed was horrible...when it went to 1,2,3,4,or 5mins...Speed was suppose to resemble a real life game, you would be playing, say on a dinning room table...I always thought the High Command went the wrong way...It should have been changed from 5min to 15min...OR HAVE A 15min ADDED...Freestyle also,actually I joined freestyle settings ,when I 1st joined Conquer Club,not knowing...I won like 3 of of 5,including my 1st win...Once I got the hang of it in a couple of turns...Never really cared for it though...Like Mad,I have bronze IN speed and freestyle...I got the bronze in the New Freestyle rules...FREESTYLE NEEDS TO BE PUT BACK TO THE OLD WAY... I remember a story about someone putting a rock on their keyboard,so they would always be one of the 1st to take their turn...I don't know if that is why freestyle was changed...Or if the story was real...But Conquer Club lost like 10,000 members after the change,yet the new freestyle rule is still here...
-------Not to mention,not ending your turn,so you don't get a spoil...it is also kind of holding someone HOSTAGE(only an hour,of course less in speed,but still :roll: ),when used in a 24 hour or speed game...SO IT NEEDS TO GO!!!!!!!!! O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:) ....Hooch ,you asked how can 120 or so make a change that effects everyone/6,000...hopefully 20k in a year... :D ......HAVE YOU HEARD OF PLUTO,WITH OVER 10,000 MEMBERS in the IAU,only about 420 voted to remove Pluto from being the 9th planet in our Solar System........So yes,it would be nice if 6,000 voted on the loophole of not ending your turn...But let's faces it........Really it only matters about one member if it gets changed or not...BIG WHAMM :D

How 15 minute turns could be a remotely smart idea? It's already way too much time to give away 5 minutes per turn and have to wait for your opponent to finish scratching his balls... or to deadbeat in a poly 4.... which makes you lose 5*4*3 = 1h... yeah, just make it 3h!
So what are you supposed to do during those 15 minute turns? And do you have to plan a whole day to play a speed game, so you can wait a lot more, like an idiot, in front of your screen?

For the settings you don't like... just don't join them you moron. Who asked you to like all settings? And who are you to ask to remove some settings you don't play and other people enjoy? I don t like certain settings... my trick is not to join.

And wtf with your last paragraph... never said that... nor what you are saying makes any sense. You are so obsessed with pluto you might need therapy.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:46 am

LiveLoveTeach wrote:
betiko wrote:here would be my ruling:

1) a player missing his turn in an escalating game WITH 5 CARDS IN HAND: his trade will hold the same value it had when he was forced to trade (let's call it N) all the following players get the trade they deserve. N+1, N+2 etc... the player who missed gets his deserved N, then his trades go back to normal wherever the escalating count is. If another player kills him, the first trade he gets midturn from that kill should be N i guess. This rule would be only for misses with 5 cards in hand in escalating. This is a common foul play that needs to end. Some might not miss on purpose, this rule seems fair for everybody.

2) in flat rate or escalating (spoils with benefits) not pressing end turn results in a spoil loss.
I would say except in team / poly games. That is for really advanced players who know what i m talking about... let s say a player is about to get killed... you might want to make a strategical attack but don t want to take the spoil so that the next opponent doesn t kill and cash mid turn...

3) in zombie or nuclear (spoils with double edge). Who has never used a safe spot... then ends up with a double pair... not knowing if the next spoil will make you nuke your stack? It's totally foul play to go break a bonus and not take your next spoil... that is a total exploitation of a loophole. Taking a tert in those games should give you an automatic spoil wether you end turn or not.

There. I think this covers all type of intentional turn or spoil miss that people exploit.

1. We aren't discussing what happens with spoils if you miss a turn. Duk has already explained that earlier, but in case you missed it, I've included it here:
show: explanation

This is regardless of escalating, flat rate, nuclear or zombie spoils... this suggestion will have NO EFFECT on what happens if you miss a turn. It is a very specific suggestion regarding what happens with spoils at the end of your turn if you run out of time.

2. I think your argument for why the loophole should be closed with zombie and nuclear spoils is exactly why it should be done for escalating and flat rate as well.
betiko wrote:It's totally foul play to go break a bonus and not take your next spoil... that is a total exploitation of a loophole. Taking a tert in those games should give you an automatic spoil wether you end turn or not.

3. I agree.

1) for me, this issue is related. The title of the thread is about "timing out loopholes". Missing a certain turn for strategic purposes IS using a timing out loophole. A person doing that could also take the turn, not trade... then not drop and time out and just lose his 3 defered troops which isn't a big deal considering the extra troops he gets for that later trade.

2) what i'm saying, is that in team or poly, removing the end turn feature could be exploited to time out in some extremely rare ocasions. (You know you will get killed and you don t want your killer to cash mid turn... let s say you both have 2 cards... if you end turn, you get 3, and he gets to cash after killing you). So I'd give the card there if you attack and don t end turn.
Nevertheless, in fast speed games or freestyle games, the whole point is to have the time to do everything. You see you just have 15 seconds left... you better stop attacking and do that fort quickly or you will run out of time and will get no spoils as a sanction. This is an entire CC subculture in speed or freestyle games.

People can start being purposely annoying, not ending their turn because they know their opponent just played and is online... so they just do the 1h time out and still get their spoil. I think we might see a significant increase of people not ending their turns, because there would be no more reward for doing so.
Major betiko

Postby ConfederateSS on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:46 am

--------15min...or even 10...But most who play speed are ,or used to be players looking to play a real time game...So they would take their turns without being a jackass...A little more time ,would resemble a real time game...You know when you and your family/friends trash talk each other and ...wait for it,cry about the dice...yes,it happens in real life too,all those who cry over C.C.'s dice... :lol: .....NOT TRYING TO WIN IN 30 SECONDS OR LESS...OR A 1,000 GAMES IN A DAY...That is just pathetic....There used to be 2,3,4 pages of games on the speed join game page,6,7,8 years ago...Until you who want everything in a flash ruined it...Now you are lucky to find 5 or 10 games at once(hell,most times 3) on the join speed page...All in a minute or two...I guess everyone feels like oh,I don't know,ME,or there would be more pages of speed games....I miss my speed games with God-likeness from New Zealand... :( and others from long ago...Who were just on,speed,playing talking and having fun...I found the extra or hated time in a 5 person ,5 minute speed game great...In case you wanted to get something to eat...DRINK ;) ...or use the bathroom...What do you 1 minute speed players do,piss and crap in your diapers?... :lol: ....Pluto was for Hooch as an example,as to the ratio of voters to people involved... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:16 am

ConfederateSS wrote:--------15min...or even 10...But most who play speed are ,or used to be players looking to play a real time game...So they would take their turns without being a jackass...A little more time ,would resemble a real time game...You know when you and your family/friends trash talk each other and ...wait for it,cry about the dice...yes,it happens in real life too,all those who cry over C.C.'s dice... :lol: .....NOT TRYING TO WIN IN 30 SECONDS OR LESS...OR A 1,000 GAMES IN A DAY...That is just pathetic....There used to be 2,3,4 pages of games on the speed join game page,6,7,8 years ago...Until you who want everything in a flash ruined it...Now you are lucky to find 5 or 10 games at once(hell,most times 3) on the join speed page...All in a minute or two...I guess everyone feels like oh,I don't know,ME,or there would be more pages of speed games....I miss my speed games with God-likeness from New Zealand... :( and others from long ago...Who were just on,speed,playing talking and having fun...I found the extra or hated time in a 5 person ,5 minute speed game great...In case you wanted to get something to eat...DRINK ;) ...or use the bathroom...What do you 1 minute speed players do,piss and crap in your diapers?... :lol: ....Pluto was for Hooch as an example,as to the ratio of voters to people involved... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D

why do i even try to make you be reasonable? if you don't find the speed games you are looking for... well then create your own games with the settings you want to play you very smart person. And who says I only play 1 or 2 minute speed games? stop making your own conclusions. 5 minutes turns is more than enough; if you want longer turns, just play casual against someone who is online, and whenever you want to stop... well you have 24h and you can go do whatever you want.
If the CC population has dropped dramatically.... I don't think it is because people have more game options. People come and go in any online game. What you need is to recruit a lot of new players through marketing campaigns to replace the ones who leave... something a bit difficult for CC because you need big bucks to make advertising campaigns big enough, and the recruitment cost for new players need to be cost effective.. which is probably unacheivable.
Major betiko

Postby morleyjoe on Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:59 am

Yes. You take a territory, you get a card. Period.
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

Postby eddie2 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:15 am

Can we have a option for zombie/nuc spoils only. As dont really think it was a issue until these settings came out.
Major eddie2

Postby mrswdk on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:03 am

I often do this on escalating so that I can conquer a bonus quickly but not have to cash my first set until it will be worth a lot of troops.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:23 am

I whole heartedly agree with this change suggestion. There's absolutely no reason for someone playing zombie/nuclear to not draw a card if they successfully attacked during their turn, speed game or not (how exactly is that an excuse?). I understand the timing out feature was something that's been around since the sites conception, and at the time, zombie and nuclear simply didn't exist. Now that they've been added, the site needs a desperate gameplay update to match these two settings.

It forces everyone to play the aforementioned settings as intended, making players adapt to the settings rather than take advantage of ancient programming,. It will also stop the occasional C&A report(s) for those that take advantage of the system. Never understood why it was not enforced, but at least this is a step in the right direction. I for one will welcome the change and will be glad that these clowns that say it's "strategy", be forced to actually play the way it was meant to be.

show
Last edited by DirtyDishSoap on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:45 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:I whole heartedly agree with this change suggestion. There's absolutely no reason for someone playing zombie/nuclear to not draw a card if they successfully attacked during their turn, speed game or not (how exactly is that an excuse?). I understand the timing out feature was something that's been around since the sites conception, and at the time, zombie and nuclear simply didn't exist. Now that they've been added, the site needs a desperate gameplay update to match these two settings.

It forces everyone to play the aforementioned settings as intended, making players adapt to the settings rather than take advantage of ancient programming,. It will also stop the occasional C&A report(s) for those that take advantage of the system. Never understood why it was not enforced, but at least this is a step in the right direction. I for one will welcome the change and will be glad that these clowns that say it's "strategy", be forced to actually play the way it was meant to be.

there are several things discussed here, and the poll is everything but clear.

I think no one would argue about the nuclear and zombie spoils..... you take a tert.... you get a spoil whether you end turn or not... whether it's a speed game or not.
I think we should take it from here....

leave escalating and flat rate as it is for now... as people don't agree on this.
Major betiko

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:57 am

Why? It should be across the board. You can't just attack, walk away for an hour, come back and say "Gee, guess I won't take a card".

If the system is being used to take advantage of something, then it's considered unhealthy. Doesn't have to apply to Zombie or Nuclear.

Take Mrswdk's comment (that I cannot find for the life of me): "I don't take a card for a bonus unless it's worth the troop count", or something similar along those lines. I could be imagining it, but that's kind of the same bullshit I'm talking about.

You don't want a card? Don't attack and conquer. That simple. The rules should reflect every setting, not just two because it's more of problem there compared to flat/escalating.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:10 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Why? It should be across the board. You can't just attack, walk away for an hour, come back and say "Gee, guess I won't take a card".

If the system is being used to take advantage of something, then it's considered unhealthy. Doesn't have to apply to Zombie or Nuclear.

Take Mrswdk's comment (that I cannot find for the life of me): "I don't take a card for a bonus unless it's worth the troop count", or something similar along those lines. I could be imagining it, but that's kind of the same bullshit I'm talking about.

You don't want a card? Don't attack and conquer. That simple. The rules should reflect every setting, not just two because it's more of problem there compared to flat/escalating.

I agree with you on the fact that what mrswdk says is wrong... but as mentioned earlier, there is also the fact that people miss their turn with 5 spoilsin hand to do the same... so it wouldn't solve that problem.

On the other hand... in freestyle or speed games, not taking your card is something that happens often because your opponent pushes you to run out of time and miss your spoil. those type of game should still exist, because it's part of a legit strategy.
Major betiko

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:29 am

Well, they can intentionally miss turns, good for them on being afk. Hurts more to miss a turn imo. Not as if they can take any other action with 5 cards in hand.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:38 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Well, they can intentionally miss turns, good for them on being afk. Hurts more to miss a turn imo. Not as if they can take any other action with 5 cards in hand.

in a large multiplayer escalating? the only loss is the spoil you don't take by not taking the turn. Everybody knows that multiplayer escalating are not about your 3 drop or a bonus... you probably will see a 30 trade rather than a 4 trade if you do that... and screw the game dynamics.
Major betiko

Postby Furio on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:55 am

Betiko ... Sorry, my bad. I meant passing information privately in a foggy game. I agree that the game chat is fair game.
Major Furio

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:13 pm

betiko wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:Well, they can intentionally miss turns, good for them on being afk. Hurts more to miss a turn imo. Not as if they can take any other action with 5 cards in hand.

in a large multiplayer escalating? the only loss is the spoil you don't take by not taking the turn. Everybody knows that multiplayer escalating are not about your 3 drop or a bonus... you probably will see a 30 trade rather than a 4 trade if you do that... and screw the game dynamics.

Agree to disagree, I believe it to hurt more if you miss simply because you could get eliminated.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby misteryforall on Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:18 pm

I am voted YES only for 24h nuclear/zombie games.
Here sam suggestion, when player 3 times mised turn he going to deadbeat. Something like that can be used when player dont end turn(if take terr.) 3 times during all game.
Captain misteryforall

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:21 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:
betiko wrote:

Agree to disagree, I believe it to hurt more if you miss simply because you could get eliminated.

if the spoils are real low, there is virtually no chance to get eliminated because it will simply not be worth it. if you have let's say 18 troops spread out with not everything directly accessible... whoever kills you to get a 6 trade or so is an idiot. Not only will he simplify the board for others and increase the trade values for nothing, but he will also en up with less troops than how he started his turn. Unless he does it just to teach you a lesson. Trust me on that one... missing a turn with 5 cards in hand can be a huge advantage.
If the dodgy player sees he could be in trouble by missing his turn he will simply not miss it.
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions