Conquer Club

just me game chat

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

just me game chat

Postby Flanking You on Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:52 pm

in team games, it starts off checked for good reason. why not foggy as well in non team games? if you write a note on where someone is at or when they cash and get +2 and maybe know where the tert is, game could be ruined by not checking little box. i am sure someone has accidentally done this before in fog game through misclick or double. i think all foggy games should have note to self already checked.
Corporal Flanking You

Re: just me game chat

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:08 pm

Flanking You wrote:in team games, it starts off checked for good reason. why not foggy as well in non team games? if you write a note on where someone is at or when they cash and get +2 and maybe know where the tert is, game could be ruined by not checking little box. i am sure someone has accidentally done this before in fog game through misclick or double. i think all foggy games should have note to self already checked.

Oh, yeah, people do accidentally announce their plans all the time. Nonetheless, they are still a small minority. Most people in non-team games use the chat primarily to chat, and it would be a huge pain for them to constantly have to uncheck the box. Overall, the defaults are set to be convenient to the most users the most of the time.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: just me game chat

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:50 pm

I’ve gotten used to the difference and it’s fine. Where I get in trouble is when I uncheck team chat to talk publicly, then click forward to my next team game and the computer remembers the box being unchecked from the previous team game and so what is meant as team chat for the second game comes out as public chat because I assumed the default was still checked and it wasn’t.

Bottom line, even though team chat checked is the default it doesn’t always happen in actuality.
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Return to Suggestions