Conquer Club

Changing / forming teams

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Changing / forming teams

Postby Halmir on Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:42 am

Concise description:
  • Give people the options to 1) leave a team that they joined at the start of the game 2) switch teams/allegiances mid game

Specifics/Details:
  • 1) I generally don't join team games unless I know someone already. Also if I join a team first I have no control over who joins me there. If I had the option to think "Hey this guy's a turkey/rude/has annoyed me" and bail on them, I get some control back. Perhaps as an extension to this I could then use an option to form my own new independent team that others could defect to also. I'd be far more interested in the game type then!
    2) There's times where having the extra political dimension could be fun e.g the Red/Green team are stomping everyone, I agree with Yellow/Blue to join them with my team mate Cyan so we can all pool resources and reinforce each other. Equally if someone is being obnoxious but is holed up in a well defended corner, everyone can form a single team to ensure that this guy is taken down, then reform their old teams to conclude the game
    3) Gives the tactical option of defecting to the winning team and sharing in those points (and also speeds up slow inevitable defeat games). Number of changes of allegiances could be a range from nil, just the once, twice or unlimited etc, and done as either at a personal or game level. So everyone can switch if they wanted, or there's just a single switch available for the map, who breaks cover first to grab it?
    4) The scoring would be calculated based on what team you end the game with, not with which one you started in

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Adds variety and an extra set of tactics for the canny (or sneaky) player :)
Lieutenant Halmir

Re: Changing / forming teams

Postby tkr4lf on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:12 am

This definitely wouldn't be open to abuse of any sort.

Sorry, but this sounds retarded.
Major tkr4lf

Postby riskllama on Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:56 pm

lol yeah, 2 thumbs down.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Halmir on Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:32 pm

If you can confirm that you regularly join teams with complete strangers then perhaps your opinion will count ?
Lieutenant Halmir

Postby tkr4lf on Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:51 pm

I mean, just going off of medals, both the llama and I have way more team games played than you. I've played with random people before, and then I wised up and started playing with people I already knew were good teammates.

My best advice to you would be to not join team games with complete strangers. Find some people that are good teammates and then play team games with them. Problem solved.

But your suggestion is ripe for abuse. Plus it defeats the purpose of a team game if you can just switch teams when your team starts to lose. IDK, this site has plenty of stupid options, so maybe they'll like it.
Major tkr4lf

Postby riskllama on Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:53 pm

yeah, not sure how it would work there, hammie...
let's say we have an 8 man dubs game going and one guy on team two is not impressed w/his new recruit partner who took one turn and quit the site, never to return. as the dissatisfied guy on team 2 you would like the ability to join team 1, 3 or 4?, effectively making it a 3 vs 2 vs 2 & ruining the game for the 2 other teams that you opted not to join? a bizarre, absurd suggestion. sorry, man... [-(
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Halmir on Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:48 pm

Thanks lammie lol

At least I'm maintaining my 100% record of never having a suggestion of mine considered in over a decade of being here.

I do wonder if the use of "retarded" in the earlier reply is acceptable language these days tho...just saying...
Lieutenant Halmir

Postby riskllama on Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:13 pm

*llammie

and i never called your sugg retarded... ;)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby tkr4lf on Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:31 pm

Halmir wrote:I do wonder if the use of "retarded" in the earlier reply is acceptable language these days tho...just saying...

Lol, you must not frequent the forums very often.

Don't feel bad about the suggestion, most of them that are offered up get rejected.

Perhaps if you could suggest a way to prevent abuse, I might take it more seriously. But even then, the core concept seems to defeat the purpose of team games and make it highly unfair for whichever team doesn't get joined by extra players.
Major tkr4lf

Return to Suggestions