Conquer Club

Chat, Ratings, Tags, Win Percentage

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Chat, Ratings, Tags, Win Percentage

Postby aastaley on Thu May 19, 2022 11:47 pm

Chat: Allow Chat pregame - will build friendships, interest players to join game, and encourage chatting during game.
Ratings: Cap total number of players ratings to last (say 300) entries - will allow improvement in overall ratings over time, and reward players for improving their game play and attitudes.
Tags: Make tags more representative of actual attitudes, playing styles, and negatives - the current listings are not truly game responsive.
Win Percentage: Cap average win percentage to last (say 500) games - will more accurately reflect the player's true strength, encourage more serious play, and reward player for improvement in gaming.

These changes can work to all players benefit by increasing interest in the site, game enjoyment, friendships, chatter, and allowing for personal growth in player strength and demeanor.
I have played for sometime now as a member, and to make everyone's whole experience more enjoyable these changes would go a long way.
Informally, once explained, many others have given their approval and endorsement!
As it stands now, it is my opinion that Ratings and Tags especially are not taken seriously at all.
Chat before game would be an extra layer of fun.
Win Percentage changes would really give a player an incentive to play longer and more often.
:arrow: aastaley
Private 1st Class aastaley

Re: Chat, Ratings, Tags, Win Percentage

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Fri May 20, 2022 10:04 am

Define chat before games - there is a live chat function, PM function and wall function. All allow chat before the game.

Player ratings - sure. But there are way more important things than for this site to work on than player ratings. This is coming from someone with a shit rating who would benefit from this change.

Tags - ? I think if you take a look, they're pretty representative. If you don't take them seriously, then that's up to you. Personally, I tag accurately when I deem it necessary.

Win % - If you want to get a segmented win %, then use the MapRank function and you can pull whatever you want. If you just want a better win %, win more games.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Re: Chat, Ratings, Tags, Win Percentage

Postby Shannon Apple on Sun May 22, 2022 4:46 pm

There are trivial things that no one really cares about.

Win percentage is not indicative of how good a player you are. I know good players who have a low win rate because they play large multiplayer games. There is no way that you'll ever have a high percentage if you play those.

We do have Global Chat (admittedly, it kinda sucks and full of politics) and then Live Chat ("Chat Rooms" on the side panel above "Inbox") that no one really uses anymore, but was fun when it was active. But you can go into Live Chat and talk in real time about setting up games. You can even create your own rooms if you're playing team games and would like to chat with your teammates about their turns etc. It's there to be used if people want it.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Return to Suggestions