Conquer Club

New Settings: Capital [discussion]

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

New Settings: Capital [discussion]

Postby Kaiser_Tottenham on Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:42 pm

[New Settings: Capital]

Concise description:
  • add new setting when u create the game, Capital, should be picked at the starting turn, like what we do in Manual setup, we drop each troops, but here u pick the capital.

Specifics/Details:
  • For example, if i played a Classic game, i've regions, i picked London as my capital, in each turn, i would receive +1 deploy there, if was taken, the new player wouldn't receive it. Only me if retained it

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • it would add further excitement for Team games, if we wish to discuss this idea, IF each player pick their capital, so it would add new team strategy and it would cut the effect of starting bad dice, or who is playing first. OR if a capital made randomly not by our choice, there are plenty of ideas here to make this happens.. We can also discuss if it's +3 or +5 further deploys but if the capital taken and return within 1-3 turns, the the game is over (this should be only if 1 capital per each team, not ALL players in team) ..
Major Kaiser_Tottenham

Re: New Settings: Capital [discussion]

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:50 pm

it's a novel idea but idk if it would be game changing enough to happen
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby StackedAmazon on Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:57 pm

SO like a 'capture the flag' scenario. It's a good idea, CC has rolled out anything new recently, so why not?
Lieutenant StackedAmazon

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:19 pm

I play in the board version a setting called capitals with my friends. But it work in a different way.
First yes each choose its capital among their terts secret from everybody else. If u lose the capital u are out of the game. so it can play in a very fun way. U could choose to stack the capital, split between 2 or 3 terts or even leave ur capital with 1 troop and luck out/fool everybody else. It's super fast and extremly fun way to play it.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Kaiser_Tottenham on Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:34 pm

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:I play in the board version a setting called capitals with my friends. But it work in a different way.
First yes each choose its capital among their terts secret from everybody else. If u lose the capital u are out of the game. so it can play in a very fun way. U could choose to stack the capital, split between 2 or 3 terts or even leave ur capital with 1 troop and luck out/fool everybody else. It's super fast and extremly fun way to play it.

Hi TrafalgarLaw
honestly, i never played it elsewhere, but it's amazing how many ideas over it..
as i said, there are already maps if u lose your main base, we are out, like Antarctica, All belongs to us, Classic Cities: Pot Mosbi and the captial idea also there in Nordic Countries map.. and added troops to castles in Feudal of War maps and Clandemonium..
but imagine if that scenario added to classic.. I played it with 6 players without spoils.. it could be more fun with that idea..

as i said, there a plenty of ideas,
  • Who pick the capital, is it randomly or by manual in the first turn.
  • how many troops added/generated by the capital? ( 1 troop - 3 troops - 5 troops )
  • taking the capital, take u out of the game? or not return it with 1-3 turns?
  • should the new player who assaulted it, take those added/generated troops..

all definitely about the technical side of the site. I don't know really. But I know it would be serious setting.
Major Kaiser_Tottenham

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:49 pm

Kaiser_Tottenham wrote:
TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:I play in the board version a setting called capitals with my friends. But it work in a different way.

Hi TrafalgarLaw
honestly, i never played it elsewhere, but it's amazing how many ideas over it..
as i said, there are already maps if u lose your main base, we are out, like Antarctica, All belongs to us, Classic Cities: Pot Mosbi and the captial idea also there in Nordic Countries map.. and added troops to castles in Feudal of War maps and Clandemonium..
but imagine if that scenario added to classic.. I played it with 6 players without spoils.. it could be more fun with that idea..

as i said, there a plenty of ideas,
  • Who pick the capital, is it randomly or by manual in the first turn.
  • how many troops added/generated by the capital? ( 1 troop - 3 troops - 5 troops )
  • taking the capital, take u out of the game? or not return it with 1-3 turns?
  • should the new player who assaulted it, take those added/generated troops..

all definitely about the technical side of the site. I don't know really. But I know it would be serious setting.

Well, The way me and my friends play it the capital is choosen manually, also it does not auto anything, since the idea it's to keep it hidden/secret from everybody else. The moment u lose it you are out of the game. Of course it's just the way we play it, but I'm sure there could be tons of ideas to make it work in a different way.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:46 pm

the way i see it, a new setting would have to dramatically change the game to be implemented (if they'll add anything at all). the original suggestion doesn't really do that, but a secret region you pick as your capital that means you're eliminated upon losing it, could fulfil that "requirement". just add it to the game planning stage, like manual deploy.

i guess it wouldn't be eligible on some maps tho, which tottenham already outlined.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby u suck on Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:23 am

Sounds interesting on smaller maps. Not likely to impact larger maps as much with 1 capital
Major u suck

Return to Suggestions