Conquer Club

[GO] [Rules] Rank Restricted Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby wicked on Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:00 pm

no, our target this month is MB. once we've bled him dry, then we'll move on ....
Major wicked

Postby joshybosh on Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:19 pm

ok
Guitarist says: Oops! I accidently fingered the G string
Corporal 1st Class joshybosh

Postby x on Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:38 pm

lackattack wrote:I don't think we should descriminate by rank. Could make joining a game very unpleasant for new players.

I agree. But then, I've been getting my butt kicked by higher rank players for a week or two now, so maybe I shouldn't be agreeing.
Private 1st Class x

Postby wcaclimbing on Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:28 pm

join a game last so you know the levels of people in the game
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Newbies

Postby boogiesadda on Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:59 am

Who thinks there should be a game option to exclude newbies? Seeing as how most of them deadbeat or miss multiple turns.........................OK I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT WHAT EVIL SEMP SAID AND I HAVE REVISED THE IDEA.......MAYBE THERE OUGHT TO BE A RULE OF IF YOU DEADBEAT MORE THAN ONCE IN YOUR FIRST TEN GAMES YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THE SITE......SORRY BUT I HAVE HAD SO MANY DEADBEATS LATELY AND IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING :evil:
Last edited by boogiesadda on Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Is it 2008 yet? Why yes my son and it is time for change
Cadet boogiesadda

Postby ZawBanjito on Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:10 am

If that was the only reason to ban newbs you'd have to ban an awful lot of people in the top... 500 or so.

Newbies are like you and me on the inside. Label jars... not people.
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby Evil Semp on Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:36 am

We were all newbie's at one time. If you weren't allowed to play because you were new when you joined would you have liked it?
Lieutenant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby owheelj on Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:55 am

I'm a newbie I guess and I disagree strongly with that sentiment. Surely the best way to learn is from playing with people who are more experienced than you are.
Sergeant owheelj

Postby hawkeye on Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:56 am

plus lack has said no many-a-time.
Cook hawkeye

Re: Newbies

Postby hendy on Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:13 am

boogiesadda wrote:Who thinks there should be a game option to exclude newbies? Seeing as how most of them deadbeat or miss multiple turns

maybe this should be in suggestions and bug reports :wink:
Sergeant 1st Class hendy

Postby boogiesadda on Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:17 am

owheelj wrote:I'm a newbie I guess and I disagree strongly with that sentiment. Surely the best way to learn is from playing with people who are more experienced than you are.
why yes i agree 100% that is the best way to learn but most of the newbies never take a turn or take one and then deadbeat. It slows the game for all. Maybe there should be a rule that if you deadbeat more than a certain percentage in your first ten games you should be banned from the site.. :?:
Is it 2008 yet? Why yes my son and it is time for change
Cadet boogiesadda

Postby x on Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:51 am

My newbie partner in a team game just deadbeated. It sucks, but those are the breaks.

If you don't want to play v. newbies, create password protected games & organize within a clan or in callouts.
Private 1st Class x

Minimum score to enter a game.

Postby Koe_Tom2801 on Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:54 pm

I think it would be a good Idea to have an option similar to the password but instead be a minimum score before entering a game, if that option was set. I am sort of new to CC but find it frustrating when you have players playing that fail to take turns, play stupid, etc, etc. The higher scorred players would have a lot less of this going on and actually make the game enjoyable.
Lieutenant Koe_Tom2801

Postby strike wolf on Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Sounds a lot like a private game where they set standards.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby wicked on Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Previously discussed and dismissed.
Major wicked

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:05 pm

Yep, Lack doesn't wish to player discriminate. ;)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

No Noob Button!!

Postby wfd336 on Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:33 am

This has probably already been suggested, but I did not see it on the to-do list. How about a button in the settings section, to turn on if you do not want to play with newbies. I don't like to play with them as they can be either multi. or just complete moron. However I think the choice should be left up to the individual player. Just a suggestion take it or leave it.
Private wfd336

Postby Ronaldinho on Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:35 am

Or buy premium and put a pass on it, or if you cant get that, make games within your clan, im sure some1 can make a privite game for you... dont give lack more work to do where its not needed.
Sergeant Ronaldinho

Postby wfd336 on Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:43 am

1st. I am premium, however i post games in the public area, SO PEOPLE JOIN THEM. :roll:

2nd. If I didn't think it was warranted I would not have posted it. The least he has to do is say no. I've said no many times and it's not that much work. Actually I find it very easy.

3rd. If not to provide suggestions on how to better the game arena, than why have this forum topic?? I sure didn't make it. Maybe it was the Site administrator who is.......Lack. So my guess is this area wouldn't be here if he didn't want suggestions.

Hope this answers any future questions as well

I speak sarcasm as a second language
Private wfd336

Postby Ronaldinho on Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:53 am

Ill do it on behalf of lack NO, my god that was easy
Sergeant Ronaldinho

Postby sfhbballnut on Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:10 am

I"m just really sick of all the deadbeat noobs who join a game and never come back to the site, maybe we need some sort of tutorial for them...
Corporal sfhbballnut

Postby Evil Semp on Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:14 am

I disagree with wfd336 about the newbie button. We were all new to this game and site at one time. My suggestion is if you make a private game only give the password to people you want to join, or just join games and don't start any.

I do agree with wfd336 on why this section is here, and that he has the right to make the suggestion.

One thin I have noticed in the forums there sure are a lot of Moderator want to be's. I don't know if they make the real moderators jobs easier or not but they sure can be rude to people when they are answering for someone else. But then again maybe thats why they aren't moderators.
Lieutenant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby sully800 on Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:04 am

wfd336 wrote:1st. I am premium, however i post games in the public area, SO PEOPLE JOIN THEM. :roll:

2nd. If I didn't think it was warranted I would not have posted it. The least he has to do is say no. I've said no many times and it's not that much work. Actually I find it very easy.

3rd. If not to provide suggestions on how to better the game arena, than why have this forum topic?? I sure didn't make it. Maybe it was the Site administrator who is.......Lack. So my guess is this area wouldn't be here if he didn't want suggestions.

Hope this answers any future questions as well

I speak sarcasm as a second language

This topic has been discussed numerous times and the answer is always NO.

If you are new to the site, but also a good player you might have a difficult time finding a game (except against other noobs who as you said might be bad or more likely to deadbeat). This would turn many people off to the site, and lead to a lower retention of good players.

If you are new to the site and not a very good player, you might always be forced to play other people that aren't very good and therfore you would have a difficult time getting better. Whereas if you get a chance to play some of the experienced members here you would gain a better understanding of the game and the tactics involved and therefore become a more worthwhile member of the community.
Major sully800

Postby P Gizzle on Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:14 am

Look at this game! I was fairly new when i started this game and i have learned a lot from it. What i learned was. start out by playing a game with captains and generals, etc. then, find a comfort level. mine is private/new recruit/sergant. it always changes. right now im on a winning strak, but before then i couldnt win for the life of me. just be patient
Gridiron Gang- CC's largest Clan!
Cook P Gizzle

Postby wfd336 on Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:18 am

Which is why it's called a suggestion, and not a demand. My current problem is FNG deadbeats.

evil semp wrote:I do agree with wfd336 on why this section is here, and that he has the right to make the suggestion.

One thing I have noticed in the forums there sure are a lot of Moderator want to be's. I don't know if they make the real moderators jobs easier or not but they sure can be rude to people when they are answering for someone else. But then again maybe thats why they aren't moderators.

My new problem.
Private wfd336

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions