Conquer Club

Newsletter re-design polling station

Current news, information, and exciting things from the world of Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Do you think we should have strong or weak conformance to the theme?

Strong
56%
Weak
16%
Something in between
16%
Don't know/don't care
13%

Total votes : 32

Newsletter re-design polling station

Postby Dukasaur on Wed May 21, 2014 12:11 am

Okay, as we head into the re-design of the newsletter, I'm going to post some questions that we can vote on. None of these votes are binding in any way, but it's good to get a feel of what people are thinking.

My first question is, "when we redesign the newsletter, should we have strong or weak conformance to the theme?"

I couldn't think of a better way to word it, so let me explain what I mean.

Strong conformance to a theme is what we have now. Every section is expected to essentially look the same. The section headers all use the same font and basically the same graphic with a slight variation in colour. The advantage of strong conformance is that everything contributes to the "branding" and ties everything together in the mind of the reader.

Weak conformance to a theme would be where the various sections are allowed to go in different directions with their headers and other graphics. That would somewhat weaken identity of the Dispatch as a cohesive whole, but it would allow more creative license to the artists and to the section editors. It would also help those readers who are only interested in one thing. For instance, if someone only comes to read Clan news, they would know instantly which section is the Clan section without even reading the title. Some kind of common feature would be used to tie the whole thing together, but the differences would be greater than the similarities.

"Something in between" is fairly self-explanatory, and so is "Don't know/don't care."
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: Newsletter re-design polling station

Postby j1mathman on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:24 pm

I voted strong because trying to read everything with different formats/ themes could be a big headache. Unless you go away from the website format and towards an actual, school physical newsletter, pdf-like style.
Colonel j1mathman

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue May 30, 2017 5:05 am

Fascinating. Tell me more.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Symmetry on Wed May 31, 2017 10:59 pm

Strong- in the past the newsletter has struggled to find editors and contributors- a consistent style overall makes more sense for the purpose of continuity.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:42 pm

Should we let PaulatPeace use the CC dispatch account? It would be far more effective if he was able to PM all the users.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Symmetry on Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:52 am

Thanks for letting me know D, but this kinda seems an odd bump.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby riskllama on Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:40 am

why'd you do it, then?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Symmetry on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:03 pm

Not sure now, I don't tend to bump threads. Looks like either a post was removed or I made a mistake.
Sergeant Symmetry

Return to Conquer Club Newsletter