Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 97 - 17-06-13] Ice Ice Baby!

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 97 - 17-06-13] Ice Ice Baby!

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:01 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 97th edition of the Dispatch :)

This was supposed to be thehippo's last issue, but he seems to have headed for the door a few days early, so I guess I'm up to bat sooner than expected. To explain thehippo's mysterious early retirement, we have:
A CONTEST!

In this Issue we have an awful lot of IcePack. I just couldn't resist calling this one "Ice Ice Baby" because quite honestly he is everywhere. First, IcePack is the subject of this Issue's Interrogation. Second, he is here in his role as a Platoon Report reporter and administrator of the F400 ranking system. And third, he is here in Late Breaking News as the newest member of the Tech Team.

Okay, here's what we have on tap for you:

The first major section is Mess Hall and Interrogation Room, which includes another installment of Safariguy's Scum Insider and your interrogation of IcePack.

The Platoon Report covers all aspects of the Clan scene. Swifte, IcePack and qwert bring you all the stats from all the major clan events.

War Games is what we call the Tournament Section. In this Issue, I pass the baton to my successor.

Cartographic Surveillance will tell you all the news from the Foundry. Is it my imagination or is it a very bright foundry lately? 2012 seemed to be all about sad-looking faded pastel colours in the foundry. 2013 so far seems to have much more vibrant and electric colours. I just look down the list at Seamus' list of Maps In Development and the colours are just popping out at me!

Finally, our Next Mission Brief will tell you about what to expect in our next issue.

This is the Issue in which we were planning to roll out our new Classified Ads section, but quite frankly we haven't worked out the details of how that will work. So, for now, here is the one and only Classified Ad that we've recieved:
Do you love team games that include good communication? Would you like to partner some of the best team players on CC? If you answered "yes", you might be exactly what we are looking for. CC's #1 clan, The Odd Fellows Union, is looking for new members. For consideration, send a PM to catnipdreams.

Late breaking news:
Beta Test Team by Dukasaur
show

Dukasaur - Chief Dispatch Executive

WE NEED MORE REPORTERS!

... in every department! Well, Clans seems to be pretty full right now, but Foundry, Tournaments, and Freestyle are all very, very understaffed. If you have a bit of writing talent and would like a chance to show it off, please hop aboard! If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)
Click here for Recruitment Details...
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Mess Hall and Interrogation Room

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:52 pm

Hello again readers. I've got a nice new Scum Insider and IcePack talks about candy, clans, and sambucca.
You Stay Classy, CC.

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

show: Interrogation of IcePack
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Platoon Report

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:53 pm

Welcome to another edition of 'As the Clan World Turns'!

Once again we bring you the latest and greatest on the biggest events in the clan world. CC's newest mod, IcePack, brings us both another edition of the F400 rankings, and a great look at all the ongoing match ups of CC4. To top it off, we've got our first whiff of results and a look at the poll results from qwert reporting on CL5.

Good luck out there on the battlegrounds!

Swifte
Clan Executive

June 15 F400 Update by IcePack
show: June 15 2013

CC4 Update by IcePack
show

CL5 Update and Polls by qwert
show
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

War Games

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:54 pm

Hello again my friends, and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments!

Starting with the next issue, the volunteer signing off with the words "Tournament Executive" will be anamainiacks. A CC member since March of 2007, anamainiacks has been a huge part of the tournament world. He has 62 completed tournaments to his credit, four more in progress. The statistic that really reveals his character, however, is this: 17 of those tournaments are rescues. Rescuing a tournament is very often much harder than starting your own. The rescuer must figure out what was happening in the tournament before the original organiser abandoned it. Very often the original organiser left very poor documentation and the rescuer is something of a detective. In addition, he must motivate players who very often have lost interest and forgotten that they signed up for it. Many times he must rewrite badly-designed rules in the original. Anamainicks has really shone at this kind of difficult work, untangling interesting-but-unplayable messes like The King is Dead, and earning the respect and gratitude of many players.

In March of 2013 anamainiacks joined the staff of the Dispatch, and has impressed us so much that I have no hesitation whatsover about leaving my beloved Tournament section in his hands. I expect that in the next few issues you will be as impressed as I have been!

For the record, here is the succession list:
(Original CC Tournaments Newsletter)
Nov. 2007 to July 2009 (83 Issues!) Gozar
Aug. to Sep. 2009 (4 Issues) sailorseal
(Tournaments Section of the CC NEWS)
Feb. to July 2009 (12 Issues) thenobodies80
Aug. 2009 (2 Issues) Night Strike
Sep. 2009 (1 Issue) Mad Pineapples
(Tournaments Section of the rebranded CC Dispatch)
Jan. to May 2010 (8 Issues) Night Strike
June to Oct. 2010 (6 Issues) Sir. Ricco
Nov. to Dec. 2010 (2 Issues) JoshyBoy
Dec. 2010 to Aug. 2011 (13 Issues) jricart
Sept. 2011 to June 2013 (44 Issues) Dukasaur
June 2013 to ? anamainiacks

A massive "Thank you!" to all my writers in the last 44 issues: angola, sonicsteve, DaveH, fuzzy316, WorldCup4James, thehippo8, NoSurvivors, sensfan, plurple, generalhead, and of course anamainiacks.

Many thanks to those who have helped me with advice, commentary, or encouragement: jricart, Samuelc812, Gilligan, soldierboy, General Brewsie, Leehar, Victor Sullivan, koontz1973, Swifte, and ManBungalow.

Many many thanks to all the people who have patiently sat for interviews with me. (And I will be back from time to time to conduct another!) A special thanks to my wife who has proofread my work so many times.

Dukasaur
longest-serving Tournament Executive since Gozar himself,
signing off.

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show: Terminator Scoring - Part 2

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show: Tournament Tips Index

TPA Wrap by DaveH
show

Join This? Or Not! by anamainiacks
show
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Cartographic Surveillance

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Welcome all. We have some great maps still in the works needing feedback, and with the recent launch of dana1971's 4 Star Meats there are currently 11 maps in BETA with more to come. How great is that! Keep in mind the BETA phase is one of the most important stages for a map, so if you haven't played these new maps join a game today, and as always, be sure to leave feedback in the map thread to help the progress.

And now, on with the show.

Seamus76 -- Foundry Executive

Maps in Development by Seamus76
show

Spotlight on France 2.1 by koontz1973
show

Creating Ocean Rings by Seamus76
show

As Alex Berger said, "Maps are the foundation on which adventure is built." Enjoy.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Next Mission Brief

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of blakebowling. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with blakebowling

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to thehippo8 and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

Coming in Issue 98 -- Classified Ads

Starting with Issue 97, we will on an experimental basis be accepting classified ads. At first, these will only be for CC related matters. Is your Clan looking for members? Your Social group? Do you want to give an extra boost to the Tournament you're planning or solicit comments on your Map?

Basic rules: We will accept TEXT only, with a character limit of 300 characters. Your text may include inline links (url= tags) but NOT links to graphics (img or bigimg tags). You may use the size= tag sparingly, but be careful. Your message may not exceed the normal size limitations for signatures, 150 pixels by 600 pixels. If you use oversize text you may find your ad getting rejected.

Please don't abuse this, or get into debates about the size limit. This will be a time-consuming program to run, and we are all just volunteers with limited time available. If we are swamped with ads we may have to cancel this initiative outright, but we really hope we can manage. It will be made easier if everybody plays nice and tries to stick within the rules.

Send your classified ads for Issue 98 to Dukasaur.

And speaking of being just volunteers with limited time, we always need more help. Please consider volunteering with the Dispatch. Contact any of the Executives listed below to offer your services!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 97 - 17-06-13] Ice Ice Baby!

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:20 am

Looking very cool there. ;)
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:44 am

Good looking issue!

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby jabajabba on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:15 pm

Nice work all
Brigadier jabajabba

Postby pretender77 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:04 am

I liked the pic at the end IP
ImageImage

22:30:44 ‹Metsfanmax› wait
02/02/2013 22:30:47 ‹Metsfanmax› NoS is 16?
22:31:1 ‹Metsfanmax› there's no way that NoS is not like 27 years old
Captain pretender77

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:03 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Looking very cool there. ;)

rdsrds2120 wrote:Good looking issue!

BMO

jabajabba wrote:Nice work all

pretender77 wrote:I liked the pic at the end IP

Thank you all!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Return to Newsletter Issues