Conquer Club

F400 Clan Ranking - Needs Repair

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: F400 Clan Ranking [April and May Updated!]

Postby IcePack on Sat May 05, 2018 10:16 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:Thanks Ice, even though I still don't understand how this works.

I expected a May update to incorporate the 34:9 demolition of ATL (best showing in 1 year?) but we don't seem to have gained many ranking points compared to the clans above us.

May did incorporate that win, its on the recently completed wars list in the OP

Its not best showing in one year, that shows you the highest ranked clan you've beaten within the past 12 months.
ATN had a higher rating then ATL at the time of your win, so its shown as your best win in 1 year.

Remember, all clans are not created equal. Its a performance based ranking, so it compares / calculates the final score compared to what you'd expect from you.
TOFU is a ~1400 rated clan right now, and ATL is ~1000. You are expected to beat them, and significantly. So while you gained some points, its not the same as say...TOFU beating S&M 34:9
You'd be expected to lose that war, so if you blew them out you'd gain a shit ton of points. Because it measures performance, not wins / losses (there are other rankings that are more focused on wins and losses).

As I've explained in the past, if you played a clan like AFOS and won 21-20, potentially even tho you won, you could lose points because you would be expected to significantly win, when you barely squeaked one out. So TOFU would have vastly UNDER performed (losing rating) and ATL would have vastly over performed (even tho they lost) and perhaps gain points.

I did a big explanation / presentation on this sort of thing somewhere in the thread, but thats the short explanation

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat May 05, 2018 11:29 pm

Thanks for taking the time to explain, greatly appreciated. Sorry for not retracking back through the threads, but at 80 pages it was a Herculean task. Plus you're so accommodating :)

I understand the system better now, even though I think there may be too much onus on a top flight clan having to win convincingly which is pretty tough when CC dice have an uncanny habit of balancing out over the course of many games. The average decent nonfarming player wins approx 60% of games. Anything above this is extraordinary. Same with clans and overall records, so to have to win 70%+ is a rare feat when both sides are choosing equal numbers of home maps.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby IcePack on Sun May 06, 2018 11:54 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:Thanks for taking the time to explain, greatly appreciated. Sorry for not retracking back through the threads, but at 80 pages it was a Herculean task. Plus you're so accommodating :)

I understand the system better now, even though I think there may be too much onus on a top flight clan having to win convincingly which is pretty tough when CC dice have an uncanny habit of balancing out over the course of many games. The average decent nonfarming player wins approx 60% of games. Anything above this is extraordinary. Same with clans and overall records, so to have to win 70%+ is a rare feat when both sides are choosing equal numbers of home maps.

Hahaha don't worry I totally understand :) I know its "somewhere out there" and didn't even bother looking for it. Though I commonly just read through old threads for fun / reminder of the history, so maybe the next time I do that here I'll find it and be able to post for you.

I agree, its definitely a difficult task. Thats why being a top flight clan is so difficult, and even harder to maintain.
Which is why TOFU & S&M's runs have been so impressive, tbh.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun May 06, 2018 12:14 pm

SoH sneaking into 10th.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby niMic on Mon May 14, 2018 1:57 pm

TOP still being ahead of TOFU is just crazy (even though I realize that's just how the model works).
Highest score: 3692
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby IcePack on Mon May 14, 2018 2:41 pm

niMic wrote:TOP still being ahead of TOFU is just crazy (even though I realize that's just how the model works).

iirc they aren’t leading in the 12 month F400 which reacts to changes faster. The standard 2 year model takes longer to see changes

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Previous

Return to Clan Archives