Conquer Club

Top 10 Clans of All Time

Information about clan activities and recruitment.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Top 10 Clans of All Time

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:02 pm

Arama86n wrote:Some people should study history more closely.
AoC for example may never have reached #1, but they were consistently top for a long time. And that, to me at least, means a lot.

Also I think there is a memory bias. it is easy to remember who was #1 last year. I may be harder to remember who war #3-#5 between 2012-2014 for example

I could write a bloody A4, but I'll pass.

Hail TSM, Hail Empire, Hail AoC.
And ofc, eternal glory to KORT. But that should go without saying.
I have also always had a lot of respect for IA. Not sure exactly where I'd put them in a historical t10 list.
THOTA was slightly before my time.
I won't even mention FALL. It is a like commenting a painting half-way through. Legacy in motion. Keep it up gents/ladies.

The absolute hardest clan to talk about is TOP. It is just too soon. An amazing start to the career, it goes without saying. But it is just too early to say anything. We look forward to the year to come TOP.
Second hardest is PACK. Hard to compare a relatively short-lived peak to long-lived clans. No offence at all, I just don't know how to judge it.

As for TOFU. We outlived several crises, CC2, CC3. People taunted, people said we were "over". It got even harder, the people that were left were overworked. We lost more to burnout. But we endured. We recruited, We survived, we persevered, and we stayed close to the summit.
I am proud of my clan. Very proud. Enough said.

There are other clans I would like to mention, like OSA and RA in different contexts. But if I go beyond this t10, it will be two A4's, and no one will read it anyway :D

Thats a bloody quality post right there. I feel you on the THOTA, they were gone by the time I joined the clan scene but at the time their name was that looming horse and you would see their players here and there for pickup games and were always scared.
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:30 pm

swimmerdude99 wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:I'm not sure how AoC gets into a Top 10 over LHDD and FOED.

I think some of you forget how the top 5 for like a two year period included was TOFU, KORT, EMPIRE, TSM and AOC. So to me it makes sense that they are above LHDD. Wasn't EMP fighting for first place for a long time in F400?

And at betiko, it actually isn't all seen as one because we weren't allowed to keep our ranking unlike S&M because they declared as an addition of teamates instead of a merger? Or I could be wrong. I'm not all that up to date and in the know on history.

How can I forget something I never witnessed? I do know ex-AoC members though, and from what I'm aware of AoC started off very weak and somehow built up to become a strong clan, thanks to a change in leadership. They were a great clan for sure, I just think FOED and LHDD would both rank higher. Empire are not to be considered with AoC regardless.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby benga on Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:02 am

Lot of butthurting here :)

LOW also won CL and are not part of top 10 of all times.
This just show consistency of performance and it's accurate for clans that have played enough.
You have HOF for trophies.
Sergeant benga

Postby Dako on Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:16 am

I was always a bit scared when I had to play THOTA players in a team game. They were incredibly good. It took 2-3 years for other clans to pick up their play and strategy and reach their level. What is more or less standard right now (make defensive 2's, think on fort chains, eliminate teammate for cards) they did in 2011 and were the only ones who did that. Well, LoW too.

I remember when I was searching for a clan (and eventually formed TOFU with CoF) it was either THOTA or LoW for me. CoF was in LoW at the moment, and we decided to make a spin off together with some players. What a time it was!

By the way, TOFU have risen as fast as TOP does right now. But we practically destroyed CL when we played and quickly challenged top players of the time like IA and others. So TOP can do the same and then they can easily be top-3 if they can keep up the pace.
Colonel Dako

Postby betiko on Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:39 am

swimmerdude99 wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:I'm not sure how AoC gets into a Top 10 over LHDD and FOED.

I think some of you forget how the top 5 for like a two year period included was TOFU, KORT, EMPIRE, TSM and AOC. So to me it makes sense that they are above LHDD. Wasn't EMP fighting for first place for a long time in F400?

And at betiko, it actually isn't all seen as one because we weren't allowed to keep our ranking unlike S&M because they declared as an addition of teamates instead of a merger? Or I could be wrong. I'm not all that up to date and in the know on history.

LHDD being top 2-5 in the last 2 years+, and actually winning major titles such as the clan league first division and being a CC semi finalist since 2 years and losing by 1 against the competition winner. Your argument makes total sense swimmer. LHDD has played a total of 30 wars for 22 wins and almost all losses were before 2013, while AOC has played 11 for 7 wins... AOC isn't boxing in the same category.
Had LHDD disbanned in 2013 to reform a new clan the ACE way, LHDD would be in the top 5 easy according to the criteria of this ranking, which makes no sense in my opinion.
Like if you don't consider the lakers or the celtics better than... okc thunder because okc has been more consistent throughout its short history, and because you're not counting the sonic's history even though the thunder and the supersonics were the same.
the new consistent top 5 is now TOFU, FALL, S&M, LHDD and TOP.
TOP are the new guys, LHDD and FALL stepped up their game at the same time

here is AOC's page:
http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?m ... ClanId=123

what exactly is impressive about that? AOC was a very good clan; but they don't make it to the top 10 of all time ahead of FOED, LHDD, OSA to name a few.
Last edited by betiko on Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:48 am

swimmerdude99 wrote:
Arama86n wrote:Some people should study history more closely.
AoC for example may never have reached #1, but they were consistently top for a long time. And that, to me at least, means a lot.

Also I think there is a memory bias. it is easy to remember who was #1 last year. I may be harder to remember who war #3-#5 between 2012-2014 for example

I could write a bloody A4, but I'll pass.

Hail TSM, Hail Empire, Hail AoC.
And ofc, eternal glory to KORT. But that should go without saying.
I have also always had a lot of respect for IA. Not sure exactly where I'd put them in a historical t10 list.
THOTA was slightly before my time.
I won't even mention FALL. It is a like commenting a painting half-way through. Legacy in motion. Keep it up gents/ladies.

The absolute hardest clan to talk about is TOP. It is just too soon. An amazing start to the career, it goes without saying. But it is just too early to say anything. We look forward to the year to come TOP.
Second hardest is PACK. Hard to compare a relatively short-lived peak to long-lived clans. No offence at all, I just don't know how to judge it.

As for TOFU. We outlived several crises, CC2, CC3. People taunted, people said we were "over". It got even harder, the people that were left were overworked. We lost more to burnout. But we endured. We recruited, We survived, we persevered, and we stayed close to the summit.
I am proud of my clan. Very proud. Enough said.

There are other clans I would like to mention, like OSA and RA in different contexts. But if I go beyond this t10, it will be two A4's, and no one will read it anyway :D

Thats a bloody quality post right there. I feel you on the THOTA, they were gone by the time I joined the clan scene but at the time their name was that looming horse and you would see their players here and there for pickup games and were always scared.

When i joined CC, it took me a few mont to join the clan world, until I decided to step in in spite of my little experience; and it was the time of the reign of thota and blitz; and yes, they sure looked scary... at least the way people talked about them even if I never got the chance to face them. They were definitely the all time best back in 2011 and brought lots of new stuff to the clan world... but I think that what KORT did places them as number 1, even TOFU is ahead of THOTA by now in my opinion.
Major betiko

Postby Arama86n on Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:19 pm

thanks Swimmer. A little on the emotional side, I'd had a few to drink. But in the light of day I stand by everything I wrote :) Could have skipped the sentimental part about the hardships of my clan over the years though :roll: :D

We're still on AoC are we, ok:
A last note on that: look at their losses though EMP, IA, THOTA, TOFU, KORT. (I'll ignore the AFOS loss, as I'm sure they were in decline by that time).
Their last three losses, when they had truly hit their stride are against arguably the three most successful clans of all time. Apart from that it's wins.
I'd be damn proud of that record if I was ex-AoC.
Major Arama86n

Postby betiko on Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:22 pm

Arama86n wrote:thanks Swimmer. A little on the emotional side, I'd had a few to drink. But in the light of day I stand by everything I wrote :) Could have skipped the sentimental part about the hardships of my clan over the years though :roll: :D

We're still on AoC are we, ok:
A last note on that: look at their losses though EMP, IA, THOTA, TOFU, KORT. (I'll ignore the AFOS loss, as I'm sure they were in decline by that time).
Their last three losses, when they had truly hit their stride are against arguably the three most successful clans of all time. Apart from that it's wins.
I'd be damn proud of that record if I was ex-AoC.

not really sure when was the great AFOS disban with all their key players moving to PACK, but this says april 2013, and around that time AFOS made it to a CC final... just checked and it was the 2013 CC where they reached the final; so no, nothing wrong to lose in the CC cup against a future finalist that still had its best players.
And is it more about who you lose against that who you beat? Cause anyone can brag about losing against the best... that is not an argument! :lol: :lol: the most notable win I see is a win by 1 against EMP, and a comfortable win against FOED and OSA. But it's hard to judge awin against FOED and OSA, as these 2 clans are always fighting 5 wars at a time and are not always focused on everything and they are quite inconsistent depending on who's on break and who is fully active.
Major betiko

Postby Arama86n on Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:42 am

At the end of the day discussing how good a clan is/was is a matter of subjective interpretation.
I have nothing more to say on the subject of AoC.

PS: I believe AFOS was in decline by the time of the final [of CC3]. Look at the score...
The semi-final against KORT was one of the greatest battles in CC history. The final [against AFOS] was not a close contest.
Major Arama86n

Postby Dako on Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:07 am

Arama86n wrote:PS: I believe AFOS was in decline by the time of the final [of CC3]. Look at the score...
The semi-final against KORT was one of the greatest battles in CC history. The final [against AFOS] was not a close contest.

Yeah, AFOS lost 42-18 at that moment. It was a complete slaughter in CC finals.
Colonel Dako

Postby betiko on Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:15 am

Dako wrote:
Arama86n wrote:PS: I believe AFOS was in decline by the time of the final [of CC3]. Look at the score...

Yeah, AFOS lost 42-18 at that moment. It was a complete slaughter in CC finals.

Yes, and during the finals half of AFOS was negociating terms with PACK leaders to join us. I believe everthing was running smooth till the semis when they beat AOC, then a lot of internal problems happened during the finals and the clan fell appart.
But I don't believe empire and aoc really had time to have a period of decline.
It all happened very fast, and I thought it was a joke when they said they were merging to become ace.

Anyway... AOC-AFOS wasn t a cheap semi final; both declined after this match up.
Major betiko

Postby rockfist on Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:35 am

That's all true, but you can't fault the teams that win if their opponents have a howler. The CC5 final was reasonably well played and we lost. We did not play well in the CC4 final. That's not KORT's fault, nor is it our fault that AFOS did not play well in the CC3 final.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby Arama86n on Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:29 am

rockfist wrote:That's all true, but you can't fault the teams that win if their opponents have a howler. The CC5 final was reasonably well played and we lost. We did not play well in the CC4 final. That's not KORT's fault, nor is it our fault that AFOS did not play well in the CC3 final.

@CC3
I'd say that the reason it is not relevant is the semi-final. We beat KORT (who were in great shape) in the Semi. Whoever reached the final at that point doesn't matter because the two best clans at the time faced off in the semi's.
Major Arama86n

Postby betiko on Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:54 am

rockfist wrote:That's all true, but you can't fault the teams that win if their opponents have a howler. The CC5 final was reasonably well played and we lost. We did not play well in the CC4 final. That's not KORT's fault, nor is it our fault that AFOS did not play well in the CC3 final.

Just like we played well the cc5 semi final against fall last year and we ve been quite mediocre this year against you guys with a lot of mistakes in a few games we don t usually do.. hope we ll face each other next year with both clans at full strength, or close enough, for a little rematch
Major betiko

Postby willedtowin1 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 am

Colonel willedtowin1

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:14 am

Paul can you just like, f*ck off?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:24 am

Thread still going... Nice
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby IcePack on Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:30 am

Bruceswar wrote:Thread still going... Nice

I'm not sure the spam counts as still going..

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby rockfist on Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:54 am

betiko wrote:

Just like we played well the cc5 semi final against fall last year and we ve been quite mediocre this year against you guys with a lot of mistakes in a few games we don t usually do.. hope we ll face each other next year with both clans at full strength, or close enough, for a little rematch

Get going on that I would love a rematch.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby betiko on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:59 am

rockfist wrote:
betiko wrote:

Get going on that I would love a rematch.

Tbh, even if we make it we are still probably less competitive than last year lol.
Major betiko

Postby reptile on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:32 pm

not that i think this has anything to do with ranking top clans of all time, but out of curiosity is there a quick way to know who the oldest active competitive clan on CC is?
Major reptile

Postby Arama86n on Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:05 am

reptile wrote:not that i think this has anything to do with ranking top clans of all time, but out of curiosity is there a quick way to know who the oldest active competitive clan on CC is?

Imperial Dragoons. (2006)
Then you have Low and VDLL in November 2007 (for that I had to cheat and look)
Low officially ten days older for what it's worth.

You can look for yourself in the clan tab up top.
Major Arama86n

Postby niMic on Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:43 pm

I think Imperial Dragoons was my first clan, actually. I'm not sure I ever played any games, though. That was probably with the mighty Regulators, the #1 clan in CC history.
Highest score: 3692
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby IcePack on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:54 pm

niMic wrote:I think Imperial Dragoons was my first clan, actually. I'm not sure I ever played any games, though. That was probably with the mighty Regulators, the #1 clan in CC history.

The guantlet has been thrown down, I think you should prove that in a Throwback War ;)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Clans