Conquer Club

Top 10 Clans of All Time

Information about clan activities and recruitment.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: BpB all time sexiest clan on CC...

Postby owenshooter on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:46 am

betiko wrote:
khazalid wrote:and verily, the clanscene was without form and light, and the shooter said: let there be signatures and shtick, an lo, there appeared signatures and shtick, and he saw that it was, err, good.

is that right?

and just then it became the greatest clan of all times!

owen, this is about gameplay, not about a social platform. Doesn't mean BPB doesn't deserve kudos, but we're talking about a whole different thing. If you want you can do your own little top 10 most influencial clans and put yourselves on top.
This is a bit like the discution about TNC.... they are very important within cc s clan world history because of the amount of wars played, all the formats they came up with, their special mafia games within their forums and all these things, but they have never been a steady top 10 clan.

sorry, but the clan world would not be as abundant as it is today, without the BpB. we turned the establishment on it's head and said that anyone could be/start a clan. that did not exist before us. after us, everyone and their sister started a clan. before, there were a set number of clans and you had to beg to join them... if you started one, they wouldn't play you, because of ranks/experience, etc... i'm sorry, but clans would not be as abundant as they are now, had the BpB not stepped in and shook it all up... had the BpB not done what we did, clans would probably be like the foundry is now... yeah, remember when the clan forums were like the foundry forums? remember that? how did that work out for the foundry. so, sorry, you can't have any debate about top clans, etc, without the BpB being in the top 3. you are saying exactly what others tried to say, "they are social"... we had a scary lineup, period... what made us unique was, we were all smart, we were all adults, we were all super active within CC (hunters, global mods and other volunteers) and we were all very visible users... there has never been a clan like the BpB and i doubt another will come along that can touch what we did... as i said before, FOG/TRENCH/DIFFICULT MAP, clans have once again lost their way...-JĆ©sus noir

p.s.-still no takers on my clan war request!!
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Re: Top 10 Clans of All Time

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:49 am

I'm failing to see AoG's One Man Clan on here
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Doc_Brown on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:49 am

I think it would be fair to say that KORT and TOFU were both at their peaks during CC3 a couple years ago, and TOFU won that exchange. In their absolute prime, I would rank the top 5 as:
1. THOTA
2. TOFU
2. KORT (tied with TOFU)
4. LOW
5. TSM

If you want to go by overall performance (factoring in longevity and staying power), I think the top 3 would change to:
1. KORT
2. TOFU
3. THOTA
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:18 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot Optisani, couldn't remember the name.

Owen, signatures etc might've been new to CC but they're commonplace for any type of clan scene across the online gaming world.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Re: BpB top clan of all time

Postby owenshooter on Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:43 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot Optisani, couldn't remember the name.

Owen, signatures etc might've been new to CC but they're commonplace for any type of clan scene across the online gaming world.

doesn't matter... sigs/clan identity, clan creation, site rule changes, etc, etc, etc... it isn't about sigs... you can all hate on the BpB as much as you want, but
we were more influential for the modern clan era than any other clan. we opened the door and let everyone in... you can not deny it... and i don't care about other
gaming sites... this is the site i am a member of, period...-JĆ©sus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby IcePack on Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:49 pm

owenshooter wrote:

doesn't matter... sigs/clan identity, clan creation, site rule changes, etc, etc, etc... it isn't about sigs... you can all hate on the BpB as much as you want, but
we were more influential for the modern clan era than any other clan. we opened the door and let everyone in... you can not deny it... and i don't care about other

What has your clan done since then?

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby betiko on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:04 pm

IcePack wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

what has it done even then? and who said anything about "hating"? we're discussing how talented clans were/are, not who was the first to make a signature and trash talk in war threads, unless i'm mistaken, that isn't really about risk skills.
Major betiko

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:16 pm

We should start a top ten for most influential clans.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby skillfull on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:38 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:I think it would be fair to say that KORT and TOFU were both at their peaks during CC3 a couple years ago, and TOFU won that exchange. In their absolute prime, I would rank the top 5 as:
1. THOTA
2. TOFU
2. KORT (tied with TOFU)
4. LOW
5. TSM

If you want to go by overall performance (factoring in longevity and staying power), I think the top 3 would change to:
1. KORT
2. TOFU
3. THOTA

I couldn't agree more, but i would changed TSM over LOW since we won them twice in our wars.
Brigadier skillfull

Postby jj3044 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:50 pm

How about EMP being the only clan besides kort to beat tofu in a full war? Of course I'm bias, but...
Colonel jj3044

Postby Dako on Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:22 pm

Wow, guys, do you not get what owen is saying to you? I guess it's because you were not present when BPB were active. Ahhh, old times.
Colonel Dako

Postby demonfork on Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:36 pm

Dako wrote:Wow, guys, do you not get what owen is saying to you? I guess it's because you were not present when BPB were active. Ahhh, old times.

Clearly they don't get it.

Like I said this list is a joke.

Anyone that has to create a list just to boast that they are the best doesn't get it. If you are truly the greatest you shouldn't have to proclaim it for yourself...others will do that for you.
Captain demonfork

Postby betiko on Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:39 pm

Dako wrote:Wow, guys, do you not get what owen is saying to you? I guess it's because you were not present when BPB were active. Ahhh, old times.

Hey dako, long time! ;)

Well nope, you are right. A month or 2 ago, i created the hall of fame post, because I was curious to know who had won what with the runner ups.
I was very surprised when bruce told me that the bpb were runner ups of a CL. I ve never heard people s opinion regarding the bpb s of those days.
Owen has a slight tendency to over inflate anything, so i d rather hear from others :lol:
Major betiko

Postby Dako on Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:22 pm

betiko wrote:Hey dako, long time! ;)

Well nope, you are right. A month or 2 ago, i created the hall of fame post, because I was curious to know who had won what with the runner ups.
I was very surprised when bruce told me that the bpb were runner ups of a CL. I ve never heard people s opinion regarding the bpb s of those days.
Owen has a slight tendency to over inflate anything, so i d rather hear from others :lol:

Saw that thread too. I am a reader nowadays, don't have much time to post with my 2 jobs + rl. But can't quit CC just yet :D.

It's not that owen inflates anything, it's that his post is the true essence of what owen is and what BPB were. And it's not about their game skill either :).
Colonel Dako

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:07 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:I think it would be fair to say that KORT and TOFU were both at their peaks during CC3 a couple years ago, and TOFU won that exchange. In their absolute prime, I would rank the top 5 as:
1. THOTA
2. TOFU
2. KORT (tied with TOFU)
4. LOW
5. TSM

1. KORT
2. TOFU
3. THOTA

I would say KORT was at the very top of its game from CC 1 into CC 2. CC 1 was a great win, but CC 2 we seemed like a machine that time. Nobody was going to stop us. TOFU hit in CC 3 ..

TOFU, KORT, THOTA, LOW, TSM. On any given day each of these could have beaten each other at 100% health. If I had to pick one clan of the 5 I think KORT would have ever so slightly edged out THOTA.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:13 pm

Dako wrote:
betiko wrote:Hey dako, long time! ;)

Saw that thread too. I am a reader nowadays, don't have much time to post with my 2 jobs + rl. But can't quit CC just yet :D.

It's not that owen inflates anything, it's that his post is the true essence of what owen is and what BPB were. And it's not about their game skill either :).

BPB helped put clans into the main stream as far as CC goes. They were one of the biggest reasons that some key things changed. They were also very tough at a time. Loaded with talent and ready to tock. BPB and Owen were truly in a class of their own and they liked it like that. With BPB is was not all about winning and losing, but it was also about having a good time, and looking good doing it. "When forumites unite anything is possible." the BPB motto. And yes BPB could really play.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:57 pm

betiko wrote:
rockfist wrote:I'm curious, when you rank a clan based on its best players, does that mean you could have someone from 2011-2012 and someone from 2014-2015? Or does that mean you are ranking the clan based on the players in it when the clan was at its all time best? Meaning if the clan was weaker 2 years ago than today, but had an awesome player who is no longer in it, that player would not count.

I'm not trying to argue anyone is right or wrong, just trying to understand.

from my understanding, he is ranking the clans taking in consideration their very best period. For example, say clan A was at its best during the first semester 2012, well he takes into consideration clan A from the first semester 2012, not players that later joined or left before and after that. Pretty impossible to do and obviously very subjective, and it can bring endless debates! :lol:

Correct. This is how I did it.

At your G1 Comment. Yep they were good in the early days, but not to the top 10 all time level. Same goes for LOD/AOD. Another very solid clan.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby owenshooter on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:38 am

IcePack wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

i can't recall anything that your clan has ever done that had the impact the BpB had on this site and the overall clan atmosphere of CC... you have helped to move clans back to the boring/stagnant/boring mess they were when the BpB shook it up... let's see... "hey, you guys want to play games on impossible maps with horrible settings? COOL, you send us your obscure settings, and we'll send you ours! after the fog clears we will add up the points and nobody will have paid attention." good black jesus, when was the last time anyone even cared about a challenge thread on this site?! these used to be actual throw downs where threads were locked, because of the shit talking flying back and forth... now, it is just IMPOSSIBLE MAP/FOG/TRENCH, count the winners in 3 months... zzzzzzz... my clan has done far more than your clan ever will... and as a "clan director" i'm kind of shocked at your response... pretty dick-ish in my opinion... keep hating, the old timers know who really mattered... even funnier is the "CLAN HALL OF FAME" thread with a list of winners of CC sanctioned events... Stach Whackers, anyone? what about Mojo's old crew and their damn sexy sigs with the girl in socks? you guys have no idea which way is up or down, because you don't even know where in the hell you are... this is really funny to watch...-JĆ©sus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Dako on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:32 am

Oh yeah, I do remember those times when every major war thread had a sig battle as well. And it was less sport and more competition back then.
Colonel Dako

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:58 am

owen, trench didn't even exist when bpb was still around.
and sigs wars... I remember when we did some pretty funny shit with pack against empire with dogs in star wars theme... there was more of this back in those days.
And the funniest thing i've seen in the clan world was that hitler capitulation subtitle video empire did when they won against tofu when cof wasn't around.
TNC did a pretty funny one too when they beat pack.
Major betiko

Postby demonfork on Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:00 pm

Dako wrote:Oh yeah, I do remember those times when every major war thread had a sig battle as well. And it was less sport and more competition back then.

The sig battle, at times, was more fun than the actual game.

When IA fought The Pack a few years back our sig battle, as well as the war thread were both epic. I haven't had that level of fun on CC since then.

The Bpb's were defiantly innovators when I came to their sigs and they added a new level of coolness that contributed to the overall clan experience.

Like I said this list is a joke. It's another blitz type list of "hey everyone look how good I am"
Captain demonfork

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:05 pm

demonfork wrote:
Dako wrote:Oh yeah, I do remember those times when every major war thread had a sig battle as well. And it was less sport and more competition back then.

The sig battle, at times, was more fun than the actual game.

When IA fought The Pack a few years back our sig battle, as well as the war thread were both epic. I haven't had that level of fun on CC since then.

The Bpb's were defiantly innovators when I came to their sigs and they added a new level of coolness that contributed to the overall clan experience.

Like I said this list is a joke. It's another blitz type list of "hey everyone look how good I am"

yup that pack vs ia thread was definitely epic! :lol: :lol:
I think the pack were inovators too since the war thread was all about getting under everybody's skin in a way never seen before! :lol:
Major betiko

Postby Keefie on Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:01 pm

Owen,

There really is no need to get quite so upset by this thread. This discussion is about the best clans ever with regard to performance. BPB were a great clan who fought some tough wars but surely you would agree that they don't come even close to the top 10, just as the majority of clans do not.

BPB did some ground breaking stuff back in the day and they were certainly a catalyst in the opening up of the clan scene. So can I suggest that you maybe start another thread for the clans / clan members who've contributed the most etc etc That would be very interesting and a way to use that energy of yours to do something positive.

Cheers
K
Colonel Keefie

Postby Dako on Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:02 pm

PACK vs IA pales next to CoF vs josko :).
Colonel Dako

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:52 pm

Dako wrote:PACK vs IA pales next to CoF vs josko :).

Hum... One rivalry was mostly about name calling... The other about writing pages long paragraphs to justify josko s greatness vs witty comebacks by cof yet cof would never let things go and just fuel josko... Some of these fightings were fun to read, some others were just conversations going in circle quoted 10 times that were not worth reading, it was just about looking the amount of text each one would come up with.
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Clans