Conquer Club

Top 10 Clans of All Time

Information about clan activities and recruitment.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Top 10 Clans of All Time

Postby benga on Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:35 am

Sergeant benga

Postby Donelladan on Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:18 am

lol benga.

@IcePack, I won't engage in this discussion, shouldn't have in the first place. Lot of factor will influence who win a war at any given time, we've both beaten each other, and next time we have to face each other I wouldn't bet money on who win the war.
We'll see if we even face each other during the CC, won't happen before the finale and we've both got serious contender to beat first.
My personal goal at this point would be to beat TOFU because that's the only clan we didn't beat yet. So I hope you lose against them next round :D
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby ElricTheGreat on Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:09 am

ZaBeast wrote:yes the points would come in bursts but you could still have a good idea if a clan has been competitive over a long period or if all their points were slumped together.
Another way would be to give the score as a fraction (xx points/xx potential points) but I think that train has left the station because that would mean going over again to see who took part in the events.

Might consider a flat negative point value to Clans that skipped events ... that would be a proper counter to adding points for amount of time at a certain overall ranking ... by skipping events it keeps them at an inflated rank due to reducing total game count as well as individual team membership participation

It would also punish the clans that cherry pick the events they decide to take part in for fear of losing their fancy Wings and Hats etc, over the risk of the random losses to lower teams/players
Stormbringer is thirsty --- Thursting for YOUR Soul!
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Donelladan on Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:22 am

ElricTheGreat wrote:Might consider a flat negative point value to Clans that skipped events ... that would be a proper counter to adding points for amount of time at a certain overall ranking ... by skipping events it keeps them at an inflated rank due to reducing total game count as well as individual team membership participation

It would also punish the clans that cherry pick the events they decide to take part in for fear of losing their fancy Wings and Hats etc, over the risk of the random losses to lower teams/players

Well in IcePack ranking skipping event only have negative effect on your ranking, so I assume you're talking the D400 ranking.

FYI skipping events doesn't keep clan to an inflated rank due to a low game count.
Low game count means only that each win and each victory will have a higher influence on their ranking.
Btw if you look at current clan raking, LHDD and FOED, number 1 and 2, have a higher weight ( = number of game players X decay) than clan 3,4,5 and 6.

Clans cherry-pick events based on the interest of their member for a given competition, not because of the fear of losing to lower teams. I don't who you're targeting with your comment, but I think you are pretty wrong, whoever you're talking about.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby IcePack on Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:59 pm

There is no negative in the iScore for missing events (only missing out on potential additional points).

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby ElricTheGreat on Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:44 pm

I know that there are no ranking on the site that accounts for NOT joining an event.

I came up with the idea to take into account how top tier Clans might have skipped out on certain events out of fear of losing to 2nd tier clans and ranking points
Stormbringer is thirsty --- Thursting for YOUR Soul!
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby rockfist on Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:59 pm

I’ll speak from my experience here. TOFU has joined events based on our number of players who have interest in playing those events and number of active players we have at those times. We do want to be competitive in anything we’ve joined but fear of losing isn’t part of that calculation. If it was we would not enter cup because that is the most difficult event (no clan that hasn’t held the No 1 ranking has ever won cup).

I’m not in LHDD, or S&M, or any of the other clans that have been top 3-5...nor have I ever been, but I don’t think fear of losing is something they use to determine participation either.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:08 pm

I've not been in Tofu or S&M, but EMP, ACE and FALL never worried about that either. Granted any time at the top was relatively short-lived (except for FALL's) but I don't even think I was there for that.... I think they dropped rank after I joined... 8-[
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby IcePack on Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:31 am

ElricTheGreat wrote:I know that there are no ranking on the site that accounts for NOT joining an event.

I came up with the idea to take into account how top tier Clans might have skipped out on certain events out of fear of losing to 2nd tier clans and ranking points

Yeah I was just clarifying, Don’s comments the way I read them implied my ranking took missed events into consideration already which it didn’t

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:01 am

IcePack wrote:
ElricTheGreat wrote:I know that there are no ranking on the site that accounts for NOT joining an event.

Yeah I was just clarifying, Don’s comments the way I read them implied my ranking took missed events into consideration already which it didn’t

Well I said your ranking only have negative effect for not joining. I see the mistake.
I should have said, your ranking only have positive effect for joining ( you can only win points, can't lose some) , therefore, there is no point in skipping an event in your ranking.
Just to clarify.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby betiko on Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:37 am

Do you really think anyone cared about the CL a few month ago while we were in the CC final and our full focus on trying to flip the tortilla while we were over 10 games behind FOED? Not to mention we won the random league during that time frame... and that after the CC win we were not really focused on the league, we are back at it since about a month.. but we had a time period where the league was the third clan priority late 2019

Either way, 16 games skirmishes can finish very rzndomly
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:45 am

betiko wrote:Do you really think anyone cared about the CL a few month ago while we were in the CC final and our full focus on trying to flip the tortilla while we were over 10 games behind FOED? Not to mention we won the random league during that time frame... and that after the CC win we were not really focused on the league, we are back at it since about a month.. but we had a time period where the league was the third clan priority late 2019

Either way, 16 games skirmishes can finish very rzndomly

Whether you cared about it or not is impossible for me to prove. But my point is, you use XYZ head to head results from the past as proof you’re better. I use ABC to recent results to show thats not the case (in theory).

You provide excuse as to why ABC isn’t relevant and should be ignored. Then opens the opportunity for XYZ to be excused. Soon, everything excused away. Now what do we have left and why did we use it as the measuring stick? lol

Results are results regardless of the circumstances imo, I make no excuses for past wars or league results. Regardless of what other focuses or activities are ongoing. That’s why I wanted to see this scoring, to see results over time with all events. This doesn’t discriminate if you wanna cherry pick one event and win it or try them all and lose focus. What was the end results is all that’s cared about

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby MTIceman41 on Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:47 pm

Icepack has the better name so he is obviously correct.
Appreciate the committed players and clans that make this discussion so amazing...lots of time on my hands with what’s going on in the world...gyms just are not the place to be :lol:

Re-reading this thread and old clan cup battle threads are just gold!
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby IcePack on Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:00 pm

Gotta kill time somehow :D

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby rockfist on Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:09 pm

If I owned a gym and it was closed to the public...that would be a recipe for rhabdo...but thankfully I do not...but I may have rhabdo when I return to the gym...I've known for years I should've got serious about having a home gym...but the shipping costs were always killer.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby MTIceman41 on Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:18 pm

rockfist wrote:If I owned a gym and it was closed to the public...that would be a recipe for rhabdo...but thankfully I do not...but I may have rhabdo when I return to the gym...I've known for years I should've got serious about having a home gym...but the shipping costs were always killer.

Ya 100k easy getting it...

Alphabetical order ;)
Fall
S&M
Tofu
Next...lhdd close...could change...it’s my bday so having some Napa wine and Italian salami 8-)

Keeping strategists, leaders, crazies is good for the site...will revisit in a few years =D>
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby General Mojo on Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:20 pm

trapyoung wrote:Any list that doesn't include the Double Rainbow Society as 1a or 1b is de facto wrong.

Fucking A right.
Brigadier General Mojo

Postby betiko on Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:59 pm

IcePack wrote:Gotta kill time somehow :D

Last time i checked you guys were very close from winning the league this year... in that case you guys would retake posession of the #3 spot we've held the last few month by my own standards :P
Major betiko

Postby IcePack on Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:44 pm

betiko wrote:
IcePack wrote:Gotta kill time somehow :D

Last time i checked you guys were very close from winning the league this year... in that case you guys would retake posession of the #3 spot we've held the last few month by my own standards :P

Sounds that way from what I've heard, 2nd Clan that would have ever won back to back.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby cutebastard71 on Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:39 pm

End thread :)
Lieutenant cutebastard71

Postby IcePack on Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:09 pm

Updated since March:
Rank Points Clans

1 133 S&M / KORT
2 107 TOFU
3 99 FALL
4 90 FOED
5 86 LHDD
6 60 OSA
7 48 LOW
8 33.5 ACE
9 22 IA
10 20 THOTA

The top 3-5th positions has tightened up considerably this year.

IcePack wrote:
show

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby John Deere on Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:33 pm

It's been a while. A divorce and almost loosing my business took me away. The hate for The Pack is still alive :lol: The Pack was a great clan. We had the best(?) win record to date at that time. We where turned down by other clans for challenges. Those where good times. Glad to see some familiar name here. I wouldn't doubt if we still had one of the best win records. Hate on.. :roll:
Thanks grifftron for the pic! Your the man:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjwAucpiC6Q&list=QL&playnext=1
Major John Deere

Postby MTIceman41 on Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:09 pm

John Deere wrote:It's been a while. A divorce and almost loosing my business took me away. The hate for The Pack is still alive :lol: The Pack was a great clan. We had the best(?) win record to date at that time. We where turned down by other clans for challenges. Those where good times. Glad to see some familiar name here. I wouldn't doubt if we still had one of the best win records. Hate on.. :roll:

Ya you would get crushed buy many clans...like the kinda cute girl saying well the best and cutest guys didn’t ask me out probably because I was too pretty...or maybe you were kinda average and they found better...anyways happy holidays :D
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby John Deere on Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:15 pm

MTIceman41 wrote:
John Deere wrote:It's been a while. A divorce and almost loosing my business took me away. The hate for The Pack is still alive :lol: The Pack was a great clan. We had the best(?) win record to date at that time. We where turned down by other clans for challenges. Those where good times. Glad to see some familiar name here. I wouldn't doubt if we still had one of the best win records. Hate on.. :roll:

Ya you would get crushed buy many clans...like the kinda cute girl saying well the best and cutest guys didn’t ask me out probably because I was too pretty...or maybe you were kinda average and they found better...anyways happy holidays :D

Ah you're so cute. Don't remember you being in the clan scene back then. But I'm sure your mother respects your opinion. BTW this is why we weren't liked. We told it how it is.
Thanks grifftron for the pic! Your the man:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjwAucpiC6Q&list=QL&playnext=1
Major John Deere

PreviousNext

Return to Clans