Conquer Club

[CR@W] the Bannermen [Complete] - House of Fire (TOFU) Wins!

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CR@W: the Bannermen [Turn 56 Due Thur Nov 23 at 23:59 CC

Postby groovysmurf on Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:53 am

hopalong wrote:how will i know that you are you and not, say, elric? that would be awkward, for a variety of reasons.

That's easy! A very special Canadian told me that I still cannot use the word "eh" properly. If I were Elric, I'm sure that would be one of my many talents. 8-)
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Donelladan on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:24 am

Soon all active members of LHDD will be playing ( or dead) in CR@W.
What happens when I run out of active players to recuit lords ?

EDIT : just heard that the limit was 15 lords, if so it should be fine.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby rockfist on Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:24 pm

I'll come and find you, so you may want to get your question answered for a bit later anyway ;)
Brigadier rockfist

Postby IcePack on Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:27 pm

Donelladan wrote:Soon all active members of LHDD will be playing ( or dead) in CR@W.
What happens when I run out of active players to recuit lords ?

EDIT : just heard that the limit was 15 lords, if so it should be fine.

Yeah, the standard limit is 15, once you max out you gotta maximize their lives / damage.
In CR@W: Homeworld (v2) there is more flexibility in your player counts

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:46 pm

Thx IcePack :)

Good to know rockfist, I am also looking for you. Please don't die stupidly before I find you...
Colonel Donelladan

Postby rockfist on Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:19 pm

If you come upon a trail of bodies then follow it :D
Brigadier rockfist

Re: CR@W: the Bannermen [Turn 57 Due Mon Nov 27 at 23:59 CCT

Postby hopalong on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:19 pm

not filling games/not providing settings for battles for several days is taking slow play to a whole new level. it seems like it has been a month since we had a game start within 4 days of an engagement being declared. good for you for finding a loophole and not being penalized for it. i hope this changes in the next version.

it should be 24 hours to submit settings, and you better have a good reason for not accepting within 24 hours. you should have to choose your settings before you enter a structure or you dont get to enter it. same goes if you want to attack someone - submit your map and settings, or you dont get to attack.

these delays are needless and in poor form.
Major hopalong

Postby rockfist on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:24 pm

Don,

What he is saying is Iā€™ve been waiting for settings for 72 hours. At that rate, I doubt we will ever meet on the field.

I donā€™t even know who this person is, but they must be afraid...the engagement has noteven begun and they are delaying...(to the anonymous opponent, not Don) itā€™s your damn settings, there must be one that you are reasonably confident you can defeat me on, no?
Brigadier rockfist

Postby IcePack on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:09 pm

hopalong wrote:not filling games/not providing settings for battles for several days is taking slow play to a whole new level. it seems like it has been a month since we had a game start within 4 days of an engagement being declared. good for you for finding a loophole and not being penalized for it. i hope this changes in the next version.

it should be 24 hours to submit settings, and you better have a good reason for not accepting within 24 hours. you should have to choose your settings before you enter a structure or you dont get to enter it. same goes if you want to attack someone - submit your map and settings, or you dont get to attack.

these delays are needless and in poor form.

rockfist wrote:Don,

What he is saying is Iā€™ve been waiting for settings for 72 hours. At that rate, I doubt we will ever meet on the field.

I donā€™t even know who this person is, but they must be afraid...the engagement has noteven begun and they are delaying...(to the anonymous opponent, not Don) itā€™s your damn settings, there must be one that you are reasonably confident you can defeat me on, no?

I think for most of the clans, theres a central active group pretty involved and then "others" to fill out the numbers. Some of the others (barely) know they are even "in" the game until games come up. Generally it just takes time for the overlords to message the leaders, who go back and message the players, who respond to the leaders, who send back to the overlords.
But it never ceases to fail people have busy days at work, so can be delayed at any of those junctures. the Leader doesn't get the pm to the player right away, or the player doesn't get back to the leader asap. Or they have to ask what they are even talking about because they didn't realize they were in the game, or someones gone for the weekend, or their dog died, or they're on vacation, or they are sick, or....

Well you get the idea :) We encountered most everything during this game. We've tried to do our best to manage some of the more difficult scenarios that had delays beyond our target timeline (only a handful I'm aware of that really truly exceeded and most were exceptional circumstances). Other than that, its just been natural communication delays between parties.

As with clue, even a simple thing (like asking which clan to attack out of three, or dubs trips or quads game on pre defined settings) doesn't always get a quick response. I tried to combat this with "defaults" that people could enter so I didn't have to PM anyone, but nearly no clans utilizied default maps and settings for any scenarios. So it resorts back to PM, but as happened a few times, when they truly exceeded the timeframe or it was felt that actions wouldn't be taken within reasonable time frames, those were handled instead of continued wait periods.

The second version has narrowed map choices down, and I'm hoping to get more clans to utilize pre defined games and settings so that its much quicker. But there in any scenario are likely to be a few days delay even in perfect situations. Not every clan is as organized and on top of things as the top handful are, or as good as communication or contacting one another in real time etc that some of the clans do / are capable of.

I also know a few actually plan out the games (IE research known lords to see what maps and settings they are good at) which also takes time (as long as its within the acceptable criteria, its allowed). While some do it in planning, others do it during the games itself and slow play the turns. Thats the reason we defined a period of time that was "acceptable" much like the "acceptable" 24 hours to take a turn, there was "acceptable" amounts of time to research, plan, and communicate before a battle took place.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby rockfist on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:43 pm

It took me 5 minutes to research the last setting I sent...maybe 10 tops, but I guess I have more experience on that than a lot of people.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby ElricTheGreat on Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:02 am

On the same topic as I just read through ...

Don, will you have your lord 1664 submit his settings any time soon?

I try to attack someone and am stopped because your lord attacked me before I could make an attack. Now it is time to submit another turn and our match still has not started.

During this event our team has been held hostage for longer than a week on multiple occasions.

I would suggest that if the settings have not been submitted and the game started before the next turn is due that the other team is given the choice of choosing the settings or avoiding the encounter.

Just my thoughts

As for having all of your players engaged ... that is fantastic! With only a handful of turns left to take it is exhilarating to know that after all this time ... most teams have all hands on deck and if they do not ... maybe they were not really committed to this Realm and hopefully will not be considered when the final decision is made on who deserves the 2nd phase title
Stormbringer is thirsty --- Thursting for YOUR Soul!
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby groovysmurf on Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:35 am

Just give me your freakin' settings people. Or else I will make all the games zombie, no reinforcements, trench. I am a crueler ruler than Ice, I guess.
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Donelladan on Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:20 am

ElricTheGreat wrote:On the same topic as I just read through ...

Don, will you have your lord 1664 submit his settings any time soon?

I try to attack someone and am stopped because your lord attacked me before I could make an attack. Now it is time to submit another turn and our match still has not started.

During this event our team has been held hostage for longer than a week on multiple occasions.

I would suggest that if the settings have not been submitted and the game started before the next turn is due that the other team is given the choice of choosing the settings or avoiding the encounter.

Just my thoughts

As for having all of your players engaged ... that is fantastic! With only a handful of turns left to take it is exhilarating to know that after all this time ... most teams have all hands on deck and if they do not ... maybe they were not really committed to this Realm and hopefully will not be considered when the final decision is made on who deserves the 2nd phase title

I am on top of it. Already sent him a reminder pm, sent a second just before reading this.
Colonel Donelladan

Re: CR@W: the Bannermen [Turn 58 Due Fri Dec 1 at 23:59 CCT]

Postby rockfist on Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:57 pm

So its one of yours Ice? I just found that out today, but that explains a lot. I can't be that tough to plan for, just send over one of your settings like last year, I'm sure it'll work out fine.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby IcePack on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:07 pm

rockfist wrote:So its one of yours Ice? I just found that out today, but that explains a lot. I can't be that tough to plan for, just send over one of your settings like last year, I'm sure it'll work out fine.

Eh? Iā€™m only in the game now as an assistant to groovy. Idk what FALL is doing tbh.
Iā€™m busy IRL and on CC (finishing v2) so honestly - not a clue.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:26 pm

Found out the issue and resolved it.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby hopalong on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:30 pm

IcePack wrote:Found out the issue and resolved it.

thank you.
Major hopalong

Postby rockfist on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:39 am

Thanks, Ice.
Brigadier rockfist

Re: CR@W: the Bannermen [Turn 59 Due Tues Dec 5 at 23:59 CCT

Postby IcePack on Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:23 am

Iā€™m 95% done w/ version 2. Do people want me to wait until everything is finalized or do you prefer seeing now, asking questions, making changes, etc. only a few things might change based on meta map coding etc

It would also allow sign ups so I can start on the meta map finalization

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:34 am

I prefer seeing now.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby josko.ri on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:27 am

I prefer seeing now.
Major josko.ri

Postby TX AG 90 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:37 am

Sooner, the better!
Private TX AG 90

Postby hopalong on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:02 am

take it all off!!! show us yer money maker now!!!!
Major hopalong

Postby TX AG 90 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:28 am

I'm enjoying my CC "vacation", but after reading the last 3 pages of the Forum, I wish I would have been able to stay involved with CR@W.

Sorry I had to bail on our alliance Hop - had some major events in RL slam me simultaneously.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to coming back in 2018 and immersing myself in v2.
Private TX AG 90

Postby JPlo64 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:53 pm

Lets see it now!
Major JPlo64

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges