Conquer Club

[CR@W] Homeworld [Cancelled]

Abandoned challenges and other old information.
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CR@W] Homeworld [Turn 1 Due Wednesday]

Postby IcePack on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:58 pm

Jurasu wrote:Two more questions:

1. Can you build a ship that is completely void of a certain type of tech upgrade, such a scout Frigate with no weapons, so that it would only cost the base 10/10 + 3/3 for the others components, rather than + 4/4?

2. You stated that you want our ships to be named after their Captain. Are we following the same method as before in having our players use nicknames rather than their actual gamer aliases in order to sustain anonymity?

1. No you need minimum level 1 tech for all categories

2. Some have used captains and some have used ships, this doesn’t matter to me honestly. However yes, you do have to preserve anonymity with names. I can’t be Captain IcePack, for example, or the USS IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby ElricTheGreat on Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:48 pm

IcePack wrote:
SiriusCowKing wrote:If you move ore within your own empire, it requires a credit fee to pay for freighters. But if you trade with another faction, do you still need to pay the fee?

Great question, something that didn’t come up during play test actually. I would say yes, same fee - but who pays for how much of the fee would be negotiated between the two parties as part of their transaction

This should be an easy one ...

It should be negotiated when purchased ... whether the goods are FOB Origin (Purchased at sellers port and buyer arranges for shipping), or FOB Destination (Delivery included in price)

Another question might be: Is there any chance that we can negotiate shipping costs with multiple Freighter Companies? Maybe discount for multiple purchases ... as there are more the cost goes down?
Stormbringer is thirsty --- Thursting for YOUR Soul!
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby IcePack on Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:52 pm

DJENRE wrote:Still about movements and unfog hexes when we move.
As an example I have a frigate with SENSOR 1 and WRAP 5.
I move from 27-52 to 27-57. Do you higlight 1 hex all around 27-57 only (6 hexes in total) or do you higlight 1 hex all along the road (means that higlights also 27-53 + 27-54 + 27-55 + 27-56 + 27-57* and all their adjacents hexes because of SENSOR1)?
* should be more or less 15 hexes.

If so, how can you know the perfect way we used to reach another point? We can pass on some hexes or some other to reach the same final Hex with the same ammount of moves...And it shouldn't higlight the same hexes...

It's automated?

I opened up the test sandbox to check this out. Its actually not functioning as planned, so I've contacted the admin. It is supposed to allow you to move anywhere within the 5 hex distance, but you wouldn't SEE what was on those hexes.

If you go from Point A, to Point B, you will not see all the hexes you pass in between either. You will only see your sensor distance from Point A, and around your sensor distance around Point B.

Anyway, the movement bug is getting looked at and hopefully fixed asap. I'll announce here either way, if it works as expected after the fix or there is some unexpected issue.

EDIT/NOTE: *** For those impacted, just PM me and I have a work around for when we need it.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:55 pm

ElricTheGreat wrote:
IcePack wrote:
SiriusCowKing wrote:If you move ore within your own empire, it requires a credit fee to pay for freighters. But if you trade with another faction, do you still need to pay the fee?

Great question, something that didn’t come up during play test actually. I would say yes, same fee - but who pays for how much of the fee would be negotiated between the two parties as part of their transaction

This should be an easy one ...

It should be negotiated when purchased ... whether the goods are FOB Origin (Purchased at sellers port and buyer arranges for shipping), or FOB Destination (Delivery included in price)

Another question might be: Is there any chance that we can negotiate shipping costs with multiple Freighter Companies? Maybe discount for multiple purchases ... as there are more the cost goes down?

Yeah, as I said. The same 5 credit fee will apply, but its negotiated during the trade who pays the freight (or how its split) in the trade of goods.
I don't want to get the freighter stuff to complicated, we had a more complicated method during the testing and it was a mess trying to calculate stuff. So the flat rate fee was used to simplify the topic, as the effort needed for a small added in game realism wasn't worth the time it took to implement. I tried to keep things simple where I could

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:15 pm

beautiful map!
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
Colonel t4mcr53s2

Re: [CR@W] Homeworld [Turn 2 Due Friday]

Postby IcePack on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:24 am

As your Empire developed advanced technologies, they also began turning their eyes & ears to the stars.
Extraterrestrial life, it was believed may in fact be a common occurrence. So as your realm begins heading for the distant
corners of the galaxy, you also start scanning the stars for signs of intelligent life.

Much to your surprise, the first day the antenna array turned on it crackled to life.

You. Are. Not. Alone.

A quick scan of the galaxy and you have found a communication pod hurtling through space, blasting a fierce image as well as the following message:

We are the Galactic Order Assault Team. Resistance is futile.
We have been watching you throughout the ages, we are beyond compare.
For I am Billy. And these are my G.O.A.T's.
Our fleet already patrols the galaxy, any hostilities towards us will bring overwhelming, swift justice to the rebel area.
There is no hope. Give up hope now. We are only getting stronger.

Semi-Cooperative Mission
As described here, any clan that reaches the 500 Power Point threshold that wishes to win the game must meet the "soon to be announced co-operative mission". This is that mission.

NO FACTION CAN WIN, even if the 500 Power Point Requirement is met, if the GOAT's faction is not vanquished.

Billy and the GOATs must be stopped at all costs. As the strongest of all the factions, you must work together to destroy them. Over time, the GOATs will only grow stronger.
Launch an early strike, or wait and develop your technologies, that is up to you. But as time goes on, Billy only gets stronger.
You can choose to assist the galaxy in this endeavor, or to avoid them. However, no faction can win if the group does not work together.
It will take more then one faction to take down Billy.

This is not a "fully" cooperative game, where once the GOAT's are destroyed everybody wins.
This is a SEMI cooperative game, in that this task must be completed before any faction can claim the 500 point power victory.
You still are playing versus the other factions, but those factions must also band together for any hope to remove the overwhelming powerful force of Billy.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:24 am

Updated! Turn 2 is due by Friday @ 2400 CCT.
Thanks!

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:36 am

CR@W games will be no point and anonymous game.
But will they count for medal purpose ? ( for example Trafalaxy is a beta map, will we get unique kill for the beta medal while playing CR@W games ? ).

Not really important but I've been asked.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby IcePack on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:34 am

Donelladan wrote:CR@W games will be no point and anonymous game.
But will they count for medal purpose ? ( for example Trafalaxy is a beta map, will we get unique kill for the beta medal while playing CR@W games ? ).

Not really important but I've been asked.

My understanding of the system is yes, still counts

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:56 pm

Q: Ok - so now we got our first look at the power board. There’s no numbers? Last time we all knew where we stood. Also how are the other catagories determined? I assume that since we are just starting, our scores are much closer together. How are ties handled?

A: Correct, there are no public numbers. Every turn you get your overall power score updated on your clans private info tab. So you can look at the overall score on public page and assume those above you on overall are higher, and those below you are lower. Overall is the only score that “matters” but the other catagories are just so you can compare yourself to others in specific vague catagories. As I said, power is more mysterious and will be harder to figure out how to get it.
Ties are handled by the next most important catagory. (No that isn’t public info) if literally all scores in each catagory are exactly the same - then battle results will break it. If that’s tied too, highly unlikely, I’ll figure something out lol

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:48 pm

Q: If everyone played turns faster, would you update faster?

A: Id do my best!

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:51 pm

Question

You said starships are limited to one action each turn. Can you specify what the actions are or are not? For instance, can I move and engage in battle (i.e., does a battle count as an action)? I understand that building an outpost/bioforming a world are actions. How about repairing/upgrading a ship... can I move to an outpost/homeworld and upgrade/repair, or would that require 1 turn for the move and another for the upgrade/repair? How about laying mines, etc.?

Answer
Lots of good stuff here.
Battles aren’t additional actions, so you could move and engage in the same turn.
Building an outpost or a satellite is an action.
Bioforming is done on the planet and a ship is not needed for that, so no ship action required.
Moving to an outpost and Homeworld and repairing or upgrading would be two actions.
Laying mines is not a separate action, so you can drop then move or move then drop. (They aren’t building the mines, they are just deploying ore built stuff)
** note mines must be built at a Homeworld and the starship places it in cargo, then can deploy as they travel. So in theory it would not take an action for deploy but they do have to make a stop at one of those locations to build / pick up the mines.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby SiriusCowKing on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:12 pm

IcePack wrote:
Question

You said starships are limited to one action each turn. Can you specify what the actions are or are not? For instance, can I move and engage in battle (i.e., does a battle count as an action)? I understand that building an outpost/bioforming a world are actions. How about repairing/upgrading a ship... can I move to an outpost/homeworld and upgrade/repair, or would that require 1 turn for the move and another for the upgrade/repair? How about laying mines, etc.?

Answer
Lots of good stuff here.
Battles aren’t additional actions, so you could move and engage in the same turn.
Bioforming is done on the planet and a ship is not needed for that, so no ship action required.
Moving to an outpost and Homeworld and repairing or upgrading would be two actions.
Laying mines is not a separate action, so you can drop then move or move then drop. (They aren’t building the mines, they are just deploying ore built stuff)
** note mines must be built at a Homeworld and the starship places it in cargo, then can deploy as they travel. So in theory it would not take an action for deploy but they do have to make a stop at one of those locations to build / pick up the mines.

So If I understand correctly, only 1 action per turn.

Things that requires an action:
-Moving
-Building something using a ship, such as an outpost
-Repairing
-Upgrading ship

Things that does not require an action:
-Start a fight
-Loading mines on ship
-Lay a mine
-Anything that does not require a ship, such as bioforming
Last edited by SiriusCowKing on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Captain SiriusCowKing

Postby SiriusCowKing on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:14 pm

Is it possible to have more than 1 friendly ship on the same tile?
Captain SiriusCowKing

Postby IcePack on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:16 pm

Very important Q&A here, I thought I had addressed this previously but just to be super crystal clear:

IcePack wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Uh Oh... I think I have a misunderstanding of what bioforming is, then. I thought it was effectively creating a new homeworld on an empty space and that a ship was needed to do that. Do I need something other than an empty space & 25 credits to bioform a world? For example, my intent was to fly from my homeworld to the space next to my Homeworld on turn 2 and bioform a world there on turn 3. Am I able to bioform a world there? If so, did I not need to fly there to do so? If I can bioform a world in an empty space without a ship, what is my range?

Oh yeah - you are misunderstanding. I think there was an faq or Q&A somewhere where I tried to clarify this. Bioforming is done on an existing Homeworld / NPC world. It allows the faction to change their defense map from AYB to something else.
Bioforming = changing the existing worlds conditions, like bio engineering, not creating a new Homeworld.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:19 pm

SiriusCowKing wrote:Is it possible to have more than 1 friendly ship on the same tile?

Yes, there are no limits.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:22 pm

SiriusCowKing wrote:
IcePack wrote:
Question

Answer
Lots of good stuff here.

So If I understand correctly, only 1 action per turn.

Things that requires an action:
-Moving
-Building something using a ship, such as an outpost
-Repairing
-Loading mines on ship
-Upgrading ship

Things that does not require an action:
-Start a fight
-Lay a mine
-Anything that does not require a ship, such as bioforming

Loading mines on a ship doesn’t take a full action. What I was trying to say is that it must be done at a Homeworld / NPC world / outpost.

So it can be:
Turn 1: move onto Homeworld (build / pick up mines)
Turn 2: leave Homeworld

It is NOT
Turn 1 move to Homeworld
Turn 2 build mines
Turn 3 leave

Just trying to reference you must make that pit stop and can’t build your own mines in the middle of space on your ship

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby SiriusCowKing on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:31 pm

IcePack wrote:Loading mines on a ship doesn’t take a full action. What I was trying to say is that it must be done at a Homeworld / NPC world / outpost.

Updated my post, thanks.
Captain SiriusCowKing

Re: [CR@W] Homeworld [Turn 3 Due Sunday]

Postby IcePack on Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:53 am

Updated! Next turn is due on Sunday by 2400 CCT.
Tomorrow I'll try some generic updates and answer a few of the in depth questions I received over the last week or two.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby SiriusCowKing on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:32 am

I can see in the schedule that you've set the updates to be every 2 days, are you sure this isn't too fast for you? I know some of it is simpler now but maybe you should take it slow, don't over do it.
Captain SiriusCowKing

Postby Donelladan on Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:02 am

Outposts - cannot be built in same hex as a homeworld / npc world
+2 Credit / Turn (Flat Rate)
No Ore Income* (See Asteriods)

Asteriods - Asteriods are densely constructed ore deposits and have no limits as to production totals like homeworlds
No Credit Income* (See Outpost)
+2 Ore / Turn (Flat Rate) when Outpost are built on Asteroids

If I build an outpost on an asteroid, to I get +2 credit and +2 ore / Turn, or I only get the +2 Ore ?
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby DJENRE on Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:04 am

Donelladan wrote:
Outposts - cannot be built in same hex as a homeworld / npc world
+2 Credit / Turn (Flat Rate)
No Ore Income* (See Asteriods)

Asteriods - Asteriods are densely constructed ore deposits and have no limits as to production totals like homeworlds
No Credit Income* (See Outpost)
+2 Ore / Turn (Flat Rate) when Outpost are built on Asteroids

If I build an outpost on an asteroid, to I get +2 credit and +2 ore / Turn, or I only get the +2 Ore ?

Was answered here already :
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=438&t=224805&start=100#p5006496
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Corporal 1st Class DJENRE

Location: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Postby IcePack on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:08 am

SiriusCowKing wrote:I can see in the schedule that you've set the updates to be every 2 days, are you sure this isn't too fast for you? I know some of it is simpler now but maybe you should take it slow, don't over do it.

I’m basing the schedule on my personal schedule as we go. The early turns are usually pretty easy and slow, so doing it quickly keeps it from getting really boring. If it takes a month for anything to happen ppl will think the start is to slow etc

With the map help and my spreadsheet automation this time around, updates are clocking in right around 1.5 hours and I think it’ll get less as I get used to the new system.

I will definitely be aware of and mindful of burnout but currently that’s not a concern for me.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:00 pm

Maps are updated, sheets and power will be updated tonight :)

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: [CR@W] Homeworld [Turn 4 Due Tuesday ]

Postby IcePack on Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:10 pm

Forgot to include this in the PM’s but it remains the same on the posted schedule. Turn 4 due tomorrow @ 2400 CCT

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives