Conquer Club

[CR@W] Homeworld [Cancelled]

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CR@W] Homeworld [Turn 7 Due Monday]

Postby IcePack on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:39 pm

Thanks SCK :) Hopefully people are enjoying it in general, I know there isnā€™t a lot of action yet. Hopefully people are enjoying the meta map as well? Easy to use, and greatly reduces all the mistakes in legends and locations and what not from me doing everyoneā€™s maps manually etc?

Regarding the map - the next two updates are being tested.
1) the faster warp then sensors issue should be fixed soon so everyone can move themselves in the meta map regardless of your tech
2) known landmarks is being fixed. It was meant to be where you find an asteroid or planet and then leave, those would remain on your map. But ships would obviously only show up when within sensor range of something.
Some people have noticed asteroids and then watched them disappear when they left the sensor range. Unfortunately this wasnā€™t working as originally intended. Thankfully we caught it early. I canā€™t go back and retroactively add anything youā€™ve discovered but we are working on test and implementing this ASAP (while being careful because it has potential to screw something up badly). So once Iā€™m 100% confident it wonā€™t mess up the live maps, we will impliment this. So right now everyone is dealing with the same issue, and asap we will update this new code to the live version so from then on, any landmarks you find will stay on the map.

Thanks for patience as we work out the automation kinks :)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: [CR@W] Homeworld [Turn 7 Due Monday]

Postby IcePack on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:42 pm

PS - Turn 7 maps are all updated.

Turn 7 spreadsheets, initiatives, power rankings etc still have to wait for tonight after work sorry

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: [CR@W] Homeworld [Turn 8 Due Thursday]

Postby IcePack on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:24 pm

Finished the update! Turn 8 is due Thursday @ 2400 CCT.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TX AG 90 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:56 pm

IcePack wrote:Finished the update! Turn 8 is due Thursday @ 2400 CCT.

Keep up the Great work IP!
Private TX AG 90

Postby IcePack on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:05 am

Thanks!

Donā€™t forget everyone - due today

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:27 am

Updated the map, fell asleep on my laptop last night. Iā€™ll do the excels tonight after work again :/

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:42 pm

Q: Why canā€™t I update the meta map today? I thought you were updating last night?

A: I had hoped to, but it also depends on those submitting. I had hoped people might submit a bit early so I can get it done but they still are allowed the full time. If factions wait to submit at the deadline or shortly after, then I canā€™t start the map update until 10pm. It takes 1-2 hours to do a full update w pm etc

If I can start at 9pm more often then not I can push thru the update. Off the computer by 11ish off to bed by midnight (keep in mind I work construction, Iā€™m up by 430)am).

If I gotta wait until 10pm to start its 50/50 whether I finish or not. Most nights like last night I fall asleep w laptop in bed lol

But thatā€™s why I give myself the full day after to update on the schedule. I canā€™t always update same day and before work is impossible (I get up early enough as is) so it then had to wait until after work for me to complete it. It still provides ~30 hours to get the turn in before the next deadline

Hope that helps explain it :) cheers

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: [CR@W] Homeworld [Turn 9 Due Sunday]

Postby IcePack on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:28 pm

Turn 8 is finalized, final PM's are going out as we speak. Turn 9 is due Sunday by 2400 CCT!

Enjoy your weekend!

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: [CR@W] Homeworld [Turn 10 Due Tuesday]

Postby IcePack on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:28 pm

Turn 9 Map and Excel Updates are completed! I'm working on sending PM's out now.

Turn 10 is due tomorrow (tuesday) by 2400 CCT as always.

Cheers!
IP

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:16 pm

Let me know if you like the colored power rankings table, or if you prefer the plain white. I figured it would be easier to see your position(s) at a glance instead of having to search each list for your faction names.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:46 am

Map is updated, excel will be done later tonight. There is one map thing I gotta look into and might get corrected for just one faction but everything else is all up to snuff

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: [CR@W] Homeworld [Turn 11 Due Thursday]

Postby IcePack on Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:22 pm

Q: Are faction alien races listed anywhere? I canā€™t find them? Or can we figure this information out somehow?

A: These are not listed / provided to you. However when you meet factions you can click on their ship / outpost / Homeworld / whatever and it will tell you their race. (This is done manually so if there are any missing just let me know).

Other than that, there isnā€™t really anyway to figure it out besides meeting them, diplomacy, perhaps one or two other things / ways where you can deduce some pieces of information together and rule things out / in but I wonā€™t spell it out for anyone, this is stuff you have to do on your own if you want to look into it.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:08 pm

Q: I recently found a faction and didnā€™t see their race listed when I hovered over it?

A: You can find additional details by clicking on the icon. All icons are clickable, but not all icons have additional info.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:29 pm

IcePack wrote:Q: I recently found a faction and didnā€™t see their race listed when I hovered over it?

A: You can find additional details by clicking on the icon. All icons are clickable, but not all icons have additional info.

Q: I just tried clicking and didnā€™t get anything.

A: Because we are mid update the meta map status is changed by me on the backend not to accept new input etc. for ā€œprocessingā€. Once I change the status back the map becomes fully operational.

Q: Everything is clickable? Even asteroids?

A: Yes, everything. Even asteroids. Some things will have higher chance of containing additional info then others, but everything could potentially have more info. Starships for example would have the races as standard additional info.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:33 am

IcePack wrote:Image

In a crowded corner of your planet, your Director of the Strategic Homeworld Defense Department moves through the hustle and bustle of meetings through the Capital.
It was between these meetings that suddenly he had a black hood thrown over his head, and dragged into an awaiting vehicle.
Hours later, they are startled as its removed from their head. Sitting atop of a large crate, a strange woman looks on.

Smugglers!

"Don't be alarmed, Director." She says. "We can't make any money if you are dead. In fact, we are here with a....proposition."

We don't do business with people like you!

"Well thats a shame, I think its something you may very well want to consider. Besides, we are offering it to everyone in the galaxy, as our price is high.
But as you can see from the number of crates we have, few exist."

Seeing his curiosity is peaked, she continues.

"You won't want to get caught with these, as you'll immediately be branded as rebels, however we recently...acquired these and they are the
only three of their kind to exist in the galaxy! The GOAT's developed these for use on their Homeworld, as well as their two colonies. That was until we borrowed them, anyway.
These are upgraded models of your existing Homeworld Safety Net Arrays, currently allowing you to see approximately three sectors in all directions from what I can tell.
One of these will expand that view field to five sectors, one of these will expand that view field to six sectors, and this one (she taps the one she's sitting on) will expand that to seven sectors in all directions. But its a one of a kind. These are even better then satellites, because you would have to lose your homeworld for someone to steal these! Satellites can be lost by someone traveling through undefended...

If you get one of these, there won't be anyway a Starship can ever approach your Homeworld unseen with this bad boy.

Currently, of course, if someone had a warp drive of 4 or 5 they could be at your Homeworld door step completely undetected.
No warnings whatsoever. Did you know that the ship Billy flies in has 5 warp? You might not have met him yet, but...you wouldn't even see him coming...this bad boy solves that for you nicely.
But of course...someone like you, a by-the-book Director wouldn't be interested in something like this...would you?"

Of course he was, something like this doesn't fall into your lap everyday. Of course the dangers of pissing off the newly discovered GOATs would have to be weighed, but...how much?

She smiles, she knows she's got him hooked..."We know the GTE recently offered you a deal for some land with a healthy ore deposit. I think we can make a similar deal, don't you?
Say maybe...land with 20 ore for one of these five sector sensors, land holding 35 ore for the six sector sensor and land worth 50 ore for this one of a kind seven sector sensor? Your early warning system would be stronger then the GOATs themselves!"

We simply can't afford that! Maybe we can negotiate? Our ore deposits are smaller than ever, I'm sure you know...we are just trying to survive!

"There won't be any negotiation here, try as you will. We went through a lot of trouble to get these, and we plan to profit off it heavily. In fact, if more parties are interested then there are Homeworld Safety Net Array Units, we may even need to auction it off to the highest bidder!"

We have plenty of credits, perhaps we can make a deal?

"No no no, credits simply will not do. Ore will soon be worth its weight in gold, and frankly, that is exactly what we are after. Large deposits of ore...so what will it be?"

I'll have to speak with the Council first, of course...how can I reach you?

"You can contact the GTE...they will know how to reach us, but hurry...theres no telling how long these will last before someone snaps them up!"

I'll let you know...

The Director is then released, and runs off to inform you of the latest development...

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Jurasu on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:20 pm

Quick question for clarification. Mining tech states that it increases the ore mined per turn for Homeworlds and other units. What would qualify as "other units?"
Major Jurasu

Postby IcePack on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:30 pm

Jurasu wrote:Quick question for clarification. Mining tech states that it increases the ore mined per turn for Homeworlds and other units. What would qualify as "other units?"

NPC Worlds
GOAT Worlds
Other Faction Homeworlds

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:01 pm

Maps are updated. Excel / public pages later today.

Thanks!

Turn 12 due Saturday @ 2400

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: [CR@W] Homeworld [Turn 12 Due Saturday]

Postby IcePack on Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:02 am

Updated. Turn 13 is due Monday!

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: [CR@W] Homeworld [Turn 13 Due Monday]

Postby groovysmurf on Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:29 pm

The update will be delayed tonight, probably will not happen until late tomorrow. Next turn may be pushed back a day or so as well. Ice hurt his ankle and is going into the ER right now to have it checked out.
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby SiriusCowKing on Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:56 am

groovysmurf wrote:The update will be delayed tonight, probably will not happen until late tomorrow. Next turn may be pushed back a day or so as well. Ice hurt his ankle and is going into the ER right now to have it checked out.

No worry, he should take his time anyway, don't want to over do it.
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Captain SiriusCowKing

Postby IcePack on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:07 pm

SiriusCowKing wrote:
groovysmurf wrote:The update will be delayed tonight, probably will not happen until late tomorrow. Next turn may be pushed back a day or so as well. Ice hurt his ankle and is going into the ER right now to have it checked out.

No worry, he should take his time anyway, don't want to over do it.

Thanks groovy / SCK

Took a bit of a spill, all things considered could have been worse. Month or two from now all will be fine :)
Anyway, I'm home this week now :lol: So I'll work on the update and look for any schedule updates etc in the usual place.

Cheers
IP

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby ElricTheGreat on Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:03 pm

Ice ... I warned you that no good would come of that stripper pole you installed in the living room!!!

Seriously ... is it a fracture or a break?
Stormbringer is thirsty --- Thursting for YOUR Soul!
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby IcePack on Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:09 pm

ElricTheGreat wrote:

Ice ... I warned you that no good would come of that stripper pole you installed in the living room!!!

Seriously ... is it a fracture or a break?

Neither, thankfully. Popped my wrist out of place catching my fall, sprained / partial tear in ligament for ankle and knee from the fall.
Thought it was broken for sure, so I guess in the scheme of things it was good news.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:21 pm

Map and Pages are updated. PM's out soon.

We are going to keep original schedule, Turn 14 due tomorrow (wednesday) at 2400 CCT.
Since this game will require more turns, Ill try to keep the pace up as much as possible (and since I have to sit / lay down and elevate leg anyway, as long as i have my laptop i can update whenever i need).

Rankings will be updated shortly. Working on finalizing. Unlocking meta map for movement now.

Thanks

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives