Conquer Club

[CR@W] Homeworld [Cancelled]

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CR@W] Homeworld [Turn 1 Due Wednesday]

Postby DJENRE on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:43 pm

Hello Ice, Do we know how many hexes there are in total on the galaxy shown?
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Corporal 1st Class DJENRE

Location: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:57 pm

DJENRE wrote:Hello Ice, Do we know how many hexes there are in total on the galaxy shown?

That isn't public information. Sort of like earth and early space explorers, do we know exactly how big the universe is?
You might be able to guess, or make an approximation. As I said previously, its bigger. But travel to distant areas is made easier then it was in Bannermen, through various rules and things in place.
So shouldn't be so difficult to traverse the galaxy ;)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:32 pm

Q: Can I submit early if I am ready now?
A: Yes.

Q: I'm not sure what to do.
A: Not a question, but please contact me and I'll walk you through Turn 1 :)

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby SiriusCowKing on Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:52 pm

I see in the PM example that the income is included. Do we have to include the income, is it preferred, or preferred not to?
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Captain SiriusCowKing

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 pm

SiriusCowKing wrote:I see in the PM example that the income is included. Do we have to include the income, is it preferred, or preferred not to?

You don't have to, in v1 a lot of Houses included it so they could verify what they were anticipating to have in their possession and get corrected if it was wrong. So I thought I would include it on the default example since people seemed to use it anyway.

But regardless of whether you include it or not, I will be sure to check it and edit on your faction sheet as usual.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 pm

Galactic Trade Exchange (GTE)
1 Ore Sold = 2 Credits Received
4 Credit will Purchase = 1 Ore (can receive this ore at any planet as its a purchase made with local traders on your planet)
note 1: this disparity in prices has created a "black market" target price of 3 credits per ore, if you can find a faction willing to trade
note 2: as noted, Srehctac race cannot participate in the GTE, and must trade between factions only

Note, the section in the original rules was blank and this was missed. I've now edited it in.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby SiriusCowKing on Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:58 pm

Thanks, I also noticed the mention of the Galatic Trading Exchange. I looked it up and found that it's basically selling or buying ore using credits, where can I find the rates?
Captain SiriusCowKing

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:08 pm

SiriusCowKing wrote:Thanks, I also noticed the mention of the Galatic Trading Exchange. I looked it up and found that it's basically selling or buying ore using credits, where can I find the rates?

I just posted it above this post (and back in the empire management rules as well)

You can sell an ore for 2 credits from the GTE
You can buy an ore for 4 credits from the GTE

You might get better prices from another faction, but the GTE is always around if you need.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:16 pm

Q: In your example, at the End of Turn 1, you put Income: +2 Credits due to Economy Tech Level 2. However, you upgraded to Economy Level 3. Shouldn't it be +3?

A: Yes, I changed the example last minute and clearly missed that. Thank you!

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:47 pm

Q: It seems like everything is very expensive compared to the income provided in this game. Are you sure this economic system works?
Earning 1 credit and ore, if I buy something thats 25 credits it will take me 25 turns to regenerate those credits? That also doesn't include expenses such as ships.
For example, the Mahw start with 100 credits and ore! So if I start with 60/60, it would take me 40 Rounds to collect this! This seems like there is an extreme difference
between some of the races.

A: Remember that your economic tech level adjusts your income per homeworld / npc world you own. So if you have economic tech level 3, and you own your homeworld and found 2 other worlds, you would have 3+3+3 credits per turn income (9 total). Same happens for mining / ore. There are also other ways to earn credits / ore like Galactic Trading Exchange (selling your ore if you have extra) or trading with other factions. You can also invest in a Raheel account if you find one.

There are other natural wonders and things that might impact as well, if you explore and find them over time. They may or may not get you income directly, or perhaps make things cheaper (like a free satellite for example) or whatever. I don't want to give to many things away, but there are other "things" that can contribute to your factions advancement.

Also remember that the storyline revolves around "resources are running dry" so its meant to FEEL like in the beginning, there is a resource pinch. It is not assumed that people will sit on their homeworld and advance to all level 5's etc before exploring. You can weigh your options and timing as you wish, but the world development and feel of the story is very different from v1. So if you apply the exact same strategy as people used in Bannermen, you will likely struggle a bit. Its meant to be different, and force new strategies, new thoughts, and levels the playing field for people who weren't involved in Bannermen. In Bannermen, people complained that resources late game had very little value. This ensures that its an important aspect throughout the game, and also makes factions weigh whats important to them.

There is no guarantee you will hit the max tech, or max fleet limits, or build the biggest, baddest dreadnaught. The rules are purposely built to provide challenges and decision points from the beginning to the end, and if the game lasts extra time more then expected, there is still room for "growth" and decisions, and value in resources.

Regarding the differences between races, some start with a stronger or special ability that has other non economic impacts to the game. So its hard to compare apples and oranges to the benefits they receive. But everyone had the same choices, and you must keep in mind while Mahw start with more income, they cannot reach the same high tech levels, they don't have any "cheap" tech's like other races, and their costs to increase research levels are also elevated. But saying it takes 40 rounds to make the difference is assuming you never leave your homeworld, never find anything, and do not include the other benefits you receive outside of the economic impacts such as extra damage, or cheaper tech levels, etc. (those cheaper tech levels are like free "income" when you upgrade that Mahw do not receive. Also, you gain some "extra" ore as you destroy Starships (another example of additional income sources you aren't considering, among others)

Hopefully that helps explain some of the differences. I'll PM everyone a link to this in case there are others thinking the same thing. The rules and game design stresses exploration, combat, etc while feeling an uncomfortably "tight" resource pinch in the early game development.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Jurasu on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:52 am

Thank you again for running this IcePack. I'm sure it takes up a considerable amount of your time.

My apologies if these questions have been already answered somewhere, but I could not find answers/clarifications for them.

1. When buying research/tech upgrades, do the changes take effect immediately, or is there a turn delay for any of it?
Example 1: If I were to purchase Weapon Tech Level 2 (pew pew!) right off the bat, then say that my race was going to build a frigate, would that frigate benefit from the tech boost done on the same turn?
Example 2: I think long and hard about my turn, and finally I come to the conclusion that IcePack is ripping me off. Who does he think he is asking for 25 credits for the first Weapons Tech upgrade? I'll show him and upgrade to Research Level 2 first, and then only have to pay 20 credits for the tech upgrade I want. Would I then be able to purchase the tech for 20 credits immediately on turn 1, or would I have to wait until the following turn for it to take effect?

2. This one is along the same lines of whether actions take effect immediately or if they are delayed. If we buy a frigate turn 1, can we immediately move the frigate right afterwards, or does it take that turn for the construction to be completed?

3. Looking towards the future, are there any restrictions on stacking ships in a single hex? I'm under the assumption that if two opposing ships moved into the same hex, there would be a battle, but how about for neutrals ships or one's own ships? Is there any limit to how many can be in a space hex, on a homeworld, in an outpost, etc etc?

4. Checking for clarification on this one. Your turn phasing section states "Clan makes purchase by PM." However, I also see that we are able to purchase directly from the Meta map. Is this an area that has been changed/updated, or are you looking for us to both PM you what we are doing, while also updating it ourselves on the Meta map? Building on top of that, would the same hold true for moving ships on the map?
Major Jurasu

Postby SiriusCowKing on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:24 am

One last question (and I don't know why I didn't ask this one earlier), if I build an outpost on an asteroid, do I get +2/+2 per turn or just +2 ore per turn?
Captain SiriusCowKing

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:28 am

1. Research and tech is immediate. So if you spend money to upgrade research turn 1, the next line in your turn update can be upgrade tech to level 2. And yes, it can be used for a frigate constrict same turn. (If you pay the extra cost)

2. Every unit (starship) gets 1 action per turn. So if you build the ship that’s it’s action (you can’t move it). Same goes for if the ship builds an outpost, it can’t move either, etc. and that outpost can’t immediately build something as well as that turn, the outpost is being built.

3. No restrictions to joining same hex as other ships. (Though after a while it becomes hard to read the info & notes). If two opposing factions are in a location, they can battle. If they are friendly or allied etc then they can share the hex just fine. No limits to numbers in a Homeworld, outpost, etc as you can imagine it that it’s not filling up the Homeworld they are in orbit around it. Same with outpost, it can be docked, just in the same areas, etc.

4. Purchases need to be noted on the pm because while you can “buy” and place a ship on the map regardless of how much credit / ore you have (there’s no restriction on meta map for your income...hopefully we can expand meta to include global economy in v3) but for now, you include purchases in PM so I can tabulate costs. Some are fixed (outpost) but some vary (starships) so you’ll have to provide those details to me in on anyway.

I do not need movement detailed in pm anymore. I’ll manually verify you did everything correctly based on your meta map submission. I can manually edit moves that are incorrect, like flying through asteroids or moving ineligible ship etc

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:30 am

SiriusCowKing wrote:One last question (and I don't know why I didn't ask this one earlier), if I build an outpost on an asteroid, do I get +2/+2 per turn or just +2 ore per turn?

You get +2/+2. In other words you get credits +2 cuz it’s an outpost, and you get +2 (as well) because they are able to slowly mine the asteroid. So you get both, it doesn’t switch from credits to ore.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:48 am

Q: Can you clarify if you lose your flagship do all remaining starships take 1 damage, or do they produce 1 less damage?

A: They inflict -1 damage due to the lack of leadership until a new flagship can be built

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TX AG 90 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:57 am

like flying through asteroids

Does that mean you have to go around asteroids? If so, how do you build an outpost on an asteroid. Do you pull up adjacent to it?
Private TX AG 90

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:12 pm

TX AG 90 wrote:
like flying through asteroids

Does that mean you have to go around asteroids? If so, how do you build an outpost on an asteroid. Do you pull up adjacent to it?

Ok to clarify, you can enter the same hex as an asteroid no problem. However if there is an asteroid FIELD (multiple next to one another) and you are trying to fly THROUGH THE FIELD (as opposed to returning to open space and flying around) then your movement is limited to 1 Hex per turn regardless of your warp speed.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:04 pm

Q: I want to be perfectly clear on this before I waste a bunch of movement. If I warp the left (or right or top or bottom) edge of the map, I will end up on the right side of the map? They connect?

A: Correct, left connects to right, right to left, top to bottom, bottom to top.
If your movement allowance is 5 and you are on the very far left of the map, it’ll give you the option to go towards your right, up, down, or “left” which will highlight on the right side of the map.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:15 pm

Q: does the image (that blocks view of hexes) relate to what’s under it when you uncover the fog?

A: Not at all. (At least not purposefully, if there is a relation it’s coincidental)
The image is therejust to provide a themed “fog of war” and show where you’ve explored.

Q: In version 1, some Houses shared combined maps that they created with their allies. Can we do that here?

A: No, there is no means to do so and is meant to keep things as anonymous as possible. Allies can share hex locations and you can make notes on your private clan page of some of the intel you’ve collected. But sharing maps is not an official option. It won’t show up on your map until you’ve physically been to that location

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby SiriusCowKing on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:19 pm

If you move ore within your own empire, it requires a credit fee to pay for freighters. But if you trade with another faction, do you still need to pay the fee?
Captain SiriusCowKing

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:26 pm

SiriusCowKing wrote:If you move ore within your own empire, it requires a credit fee to pay for freighters. But if you trade with another faction, do you still need to pay the fee?

Great question, something that didn’t come up during play test actually. I would say yes, same fee - but who pays for how much of the fee would be negotiated between the two parties as part of their transaction

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby DJENRE on Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:39 am

Still about movements and unfog hexes when we move.
As an example I have a frigate with SENSOR 1 and WRAP 5.
I move from 27-52 to 27-57. Do you higlight 1 hex all around 27-57 only (6 hexes in total) or do you higlight 1 hex all along the road (means that higlights also 27-53 + 27-54 + 27-55 + 27-56 + 27-57* and all their adjacents hexes because of SENSOR1)?
* should be more or less 15 hexes.

If so, how can you know the perfect way we used to reach another point? We can pass on some hexes or some other to reach the same final Hex with the same ammount of moves...And it shouldn't higlight the same hexes...

It's automated?
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby SiriusCowKing on Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:58 am

DJENRE wrote:Still about movements and unfog hexes when we move.
I move from 27-52 to 27-57. Do you higlight 1 hex all around 27-57 only (6 hexes in total) or do you higlight 1 hex all along the road (means that higlights also 27-53 + 27-54 + 27-55 + 27-56 + 27-57* and all their adjacents hexes because of SENSOR1)?

If so, how can you know the perfect way we used to reach another point? We can pass on some hexes or some other to reach the same final Hex with the same ammount of moves...And it shouldn't higlight the same hexes...

It's automated?

I would like to state that if you have warp 5 with sensor 1, you are doing it wrong! :P
Captain SiriusCowKing

Postby DJENRE on Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:52 am

SiriusCowKing wrote:
DJENRE wrote:Still about movements and unfog hexes when we move.

It's automated?

I would like to state that if you have warp 5 with sensor 1, you are doing it wrong! :P

Warp = movement and SENSOR = vision no?
Or you mean about tactic? :D
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby Jurasu on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:44 pm

Two more questions:

1. Can you build a ship that is completely void of a certain type of tech upgrade, such a scout Frigate with no weapons, so that it would only cost the base 10/10 + 3/3 for the others components, rather than + 4/4?

2. You stated that you want our ships to be named after their Captain. Are we following the same method as before in having our players use nicknames rather than their actual gamer aliases in order to sustain anonymity?
Major Jurasu

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives