Conquer Club

Conquer Clue: Complete!!! - LHDD Win!

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Conquer Clue: [Turn 3 Due Thursday]

Postby The_Samurai on Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:45 pm

See you there

DJENRE wrote:Hello RET

Do you agree to come on world 2.1 and meet us round 4?
Best rank: Brigadier - ranked #45 | high score 3306 | 6 August 2015
Proud member of The Republic clan, and Co-leader of FBRD tribe
Major The_Samurai

Re: Conquer Clue: [Turn 4 Due Saturday]

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:21 pm

Icepack; some seem under the impression that games can start during a move ; e.g. Team A is in a room and has to move out this turn ; Team B moves i this turn before A moves out ---- I'd assume a game would not start until all the players moved, in which case team A has left the room ... what say you ?
:?:
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
Colonel t4mcr53s2

Postby Keefie on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:00 pm

HH will be heading to Feudal Epic
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Conquer Clue: [Turn 3 Due Thursday]

Postby CaronylKluster on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:39 pm

Sorry for delay - we are coming that way.

DJENRE wrote:Hello RET

Do you agree to come on world 2.1 and meet us round 4?
Colonel CaronylKluster

Location: SITTERS - The_Samurai, jdmcinty, swimmerdude99, arama86n, 4 U 2 NV

Postby IcePack on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:22 pm

t4mcr53s2 wrote:Icepack; some seem under the impression that games can start during a move ; e.g. Team A is in a room and has to move out this turn ; Team B moves i this turn before A moves out ---- I'd assume a game would not start until all the players moved, in which case team A has left the room ... what say you ?

All clans moving into a room are eligible for games. In your scenario, team B does get a game vs team A. Otherwise there would be serious issues with balanced game play regarding those who dont have ideal turn orders.

This keeps it fair to all, who can get a chance to get themselves a game either direction.

==================

Also FYI, Turn 4 is almost done. But there was an issue with one of the turns I'm working to correct / get new info for. I will release a Q&A on it once its done before starting Turn 5. Likely I'll pm tomorrow morning with the new turn info and tuesday will be the new due date.

Thanks
IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:54 pm

IcePack wrote:
t4mcr53s2 wrote:Icepack; some seem under the impression that games can start during a move ; e.g. Team A is in a room and has to move out this turn ; Team B moves i this turn before A moves out ---- I'd assume a game would not start until all the players moved, in which case team A has left the room ... what say you ?

All clans moving into a room are eligible for games. In your scenario, team B does get a game vs team A. Otherwise there would be serious issues with balanced game play regarding those who dont have ideal turn orders.

This keeps it fair to all, who can get a chance to get themselves a game either direction.

==================
(......)

Thanks
IcePack

cool with me --- T4
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
Colonel t4mcr53s2

Postby DJENRE on Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:31 pm

URGENT

Hello Ice,
I have a problem with what you sent us.
The map I can see show :
"CLUE TURN 3" at the top and it's round 4
ALso I asked to go from WORLD 2.1 to Feudal (with a 4) and I see our team is on I19 instead.
Also, LOW told us on threat they'll come on feudal epic to meet us and they're not. They maybe changed their mind but they can't be on G19 with a 6 from world 2.1.

I think there are a few mistakes there. Can you check it please?
PS for the other teams, it seems possible move for all.
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Corporal 1st Class DJENRE

Location: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Postby IcePack on Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:38 pm

DJENRE wrote:URGENT

Hello Ice,
The map I can see show :
ALso I asked to go from WORLD 2.1 to Feudal (with a 4) and I see our team is on I19 instead.
Also, LOW told us on threat they'll come on feudal epic to meet us and they're not. They maybe changed their mind but they can't be on G19 with a 6 from world 2.1.

Due to turn order, FALL blocked the door that you planned to leave World 2.1 from. So as the rules state, if there’s an issue I will do what I can to move you to the closest possible location to what you asked for. So you had to exit out the north west door of world 2.1 and moved your full movement towards Feudal Epic.

Hope that helps explain

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby LiveLoveTeach on Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:42 pm

IcePack wrote:

Hello Ice,
The map I can see show :

Due to turn order, FALL blocked the door that you planned to leave World 2.1 from. So as the rules state, if there’s an issue I will do what I can to move you to the closest possible location to what you asked for. So you had to exit out the north west door of world 2.1 and moved your full movement towards Feudal Epic.

Hope that helps explain

If we aren't able to move to our requested location, are you able to tell us and give us the option of changing our move within perhaps x amount of time?
Major LiveLoveTeach

Postby IcePack on Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:51 pm

LiveLoveTeach wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Hello Ice,
The map I can see show :

Hope that helps explain

If we aren't able to move to our requested location, are you able to tell us and give us the option of changing our move within perhaps x amount of time?

Normally there isn’t time without delaying the game, this turn there were issues that might have allowed it. But as this was described in the rules on how I would handle it, I didn’t want to make an exception for one turn and then treat it differently later for others. Part of the movement planning will be looking at others dice rolls and maybe trying to anticipate these types of things.

The only other way would be doing one turn at a time, which would extend the game time much longer and why these rules were put in place so it would be a manageable schedule

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby LiveLoveTeach on Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:02 pm

IcePack wrote:
LiveLoveTeach wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Hello Ice,
The map I can see show :

Hope that helps explain

Normally there isn’t time without delaying the game, this turn there were issues that might have allowed it. But as this was described in the rules on how I would handle it, I didn’t want to make an exception for one turn and then treat it differently later for others. Part of the movement planning will be looking at others dice rolls and maybe trying to anticipate these types of things.

The only other way would be doing one turn at a time, which would extend the game time much longer and why these rules were put in place so it would be a manageable schedule

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks Ice.
Major LiveLoveTeach

Re: Conquer Clue: [Turn 5 Tuesday]

Postby DJENRE on Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:09 pm

I didn't know about that rule actually. And make sure I anticipate a lot.
So LHDD and LOW have lost a turn.
I understand what you say, but think that first team (PACK, RET) already have a huge advantage when playing first EACH ROUND (no anticipation needed). And LOW and S&M need a lot of anticipation because they're playing last.
Remember this will last for xxx rounds / rolls until that cluedo game ends!

I also think (like loveliveteach) that, in the case the move asken is not possible, we could have a least a message to change our mind and make a good move.

Also think about changing round number top of map. ;)
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby DJENRE on Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:22 pm

Sorry for the double post,
but there is another problem.
If you don't change your mind, what I could understand. Why did you play 4 on I19 and not on H18?
Both are 4 steps away from World 2.1 and 4 steps away from the destination we asked.
The problem is that we rolled 2 this turn. From I19 we go nowhere, From H18 we can reach a room.

Same problem for LOW, you could have choosen both G19 and H20.
They rolled 4, from G19 they can go on Feudal or Supermax.
But in H20 they can go on Feudal, Supermax + World2.1.

SO even if you want to be fair, you took some decision for us and it could change the game.

According to a board game, players play one after another, and they know what the other players do before they play.
Maybe you could think that all teams give their movement on thread instead PM.
;)
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby IcePack on Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:26 pm

DJENRE wrote:I didn't know about that rule actually. And make sure I anticipate a lot.
So LHDD and LOW have lost a turn.
I understand what you say, but think that first team (PACK, RET) already have a huge advantage when playing first EACH ROUND (no anticipation needed). And LOW and S&M need a lot of anticipation because they're playing last.
Remember this will last for xxx rounds / rolls until that cluedo game ends!

I also think (like loveliveteach) that, in the case the move asken is not possible, we could have a least a message to change our mind and make a good move.

Also think about changing round number top of map. ;)

The turn # at top has been changed, I was / still am finishing the “little” parts of the updates as I said in the pm for turn 5. Game lists and invites need to be sent, but my list is made of things that need to happen today / games and the turn could be reviewed for your next turn to be submitted.

Basically I was trying to allow you more time to see the board and know the rolls instead of waiting for everything to be perfect. All the important details were in place.

——

Regarding the rule(s) it’s in the first page with all the other movement rules. I disagree you lost a turn, as you both moved your full movement allowed within the rules. Didn’t go as far as you wanted yes but it was described how that would be handled.

If we switch how it’s done we will be waiting every turn. So instead of 1-2 days per turn it’ll be 2-4 and double the timeline.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:30 pm

DJENRE wrote:Sorry for the double post,
but there is another problem.
If you don't change your mind, what I could understand. Why did you play 4 on I19 and not on H18?
Both are 4 steps away from World 2.1 and 4 steps away from the destination we asked.
The problem is that we rolled 2 this turn. From I19 we go nowhere, From H18 we can reach a room.

Same problem for LOW, you could have choosen both G19 and H20.
They rolled 4, from G19 they can go on Feudal or Supermax.
But in H20 they can go on Feudal, Supermax + World2.1.

SO even if you want to be fair, you took some decision for us and it could change the game.

According to a board game, players play one after another, and they know what the other players do before they play.
Maybe you could think that all teams give their movement on thread instead PM.
;)

I’m doing what I can to adapt the board game into a game here, it won’t perfectly follow the board game. I described what I would do, yes there are decisions involved in potential choices but again there is only so much I can do.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby DJENRE on Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:38 pm

hello ICe, no problem for the title, it was just in case you missed it.
Be sure I wasn't criticizing.

I understand about those rules, fair enough, I didn't anticipate enough maybe.

But for what I pointed out, about your choice on wich position we move on. I really don't understand why we cannot choose ourself where we want to, where they are two position with same amount of move from the starting position and same amount of mowe away from the destination asked.
That's my thought!
You could have asken what choice we wanted to make. Even if it's only a few hours, you see that both me and Loveliveteach answered quickly there.
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby IcePack on Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:53 pm

DJENRE wrote:hello ICe, no problem for the title, it was just in case you missed it.
Be sure I wasn't criticizing.

I understand about those rules, fair enough, I didn't anticipate enough maybe.

But for what I pointed out, about your choice on wich position we move on. I really don't understand why we cannot choose ourself where we want to, where they are two position with same amount of move from the starting position and same amount of mowe away from the destination asked.
That's my thought!
You could have asken what choice we wanted to make. Even if it's only a few hours, you see that both me and Loveliveteach answered quickly there.

I do understand what you are saying, I moved you down instead of left cuz you said your target was F Epic. If you had said supermax it would have been left. Seeking direction adds time and there isn’t a guarantee I’m able to spend that extra time coordinating every option every turn w each clan that’s why those rules are in place.

Idk that it’s a perfect system, but it’s the one that works the best I imagined during planning.

The only way to make it right outside of it is one turn at a time, which extends the game to much. I’m open to things that don’t extend the game, but idk how other than reworking the whole thing. If that’s the case and it’s that big of a problem we can cancel this and try again in the future when I have a better solution.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby DJENRE on Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:08 pm

Sorry Ice, but your explaination is not good.
Because if you decided to move us to south because of Feudal, you should have done the same for LOW.
But for LOW, the last move wasn't south, it was left.....
They should have go to H20. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's what I say, it's arbitrariness! ;)

And this choice give also one more possibility to FALL to reach one more room. They could have been blocked from where they are to reach supermax with a 6 if LOW was on H20 instead I20.

I'm just trying to explain that of course you have to apply rules and found easy things to run the game. But you have to be also totally neutral. Your choices there give some possibilities nobody can manage, and it's not fair for all.
A butterfly effect in fact. 8-)
I'd like to ask you to contact all teams and ask them what they think about it. It's only round 4 and this game will last for a minimum of 50 rounds or something, maybe it's better to found a non-arbitrary solution now for all.
Again, it's my thought.
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby IcePack on Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:18 pm

DJENRE wrote:Sorry Ice, but your explaination is not good.
Because if you decided to move us to south because of Feudal, you should have done the same for LOW.
But for LOW, the last move wasn't south, it was left.....
They should have go to H20. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's what I say, it's arbitrariness! ;)

And this choice give also one more possibility to FALL to reach one more room. They could have been blocked from where they are to reach supermax with a 6 if LOW was on H20 instead I20.

I'm just trying to explain that of course you have to apply rules and found easy things to run the game. But you have to be also totally neutral. Your choices there give some possibilities nobody can manage, and it's not fair for all.
A butterfly effect in fact. 8-)
I'd like to ask you to contact all teams and ask them what they think about it. It's only round 4 and this game will last for a minimum of 50 rounds or something, maybe it's better to found a non-arbitrary solution now for all.
Again, it's my thought.

Actually I moved them left towards F Epic to not block LHDD again. Since I knew you both were traveling together. It has been neutral imo. I’ve treated everyone the same. They were described in advance, I’m not playing favorites. If you feel it’s unfair, as I said we can cancel it.

Bottom line I want it to be a fun and fair event. If we can’t achieve that with this we can shelve it until it can meet that basic criteria.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby hjelp on Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:35 pm

:-s

We read the rules and we did leave instruction where to go if we were blocked since we didn't want IcePack to decide where we should end up.
:-s
Captain hjelp

Postby LiveLoveTeach on Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:41 pm

I personally wouldn't be opposed to the turns taking a bit longer...

We're going to be playing a lot of games throughout this game - and we don't get our clues until those games end. It is going to become harder and harder to plan out where to move on the board or what clues/games to look for if we have a bunch of ongoing games, but no clues, or only 1-2 clues. Adding in extra time with the turns will space things out, give us more time to play the games, earn the clues, lower our game loads, and then we'll all have a better idea of what we need to actually do within the game - so that it isn't needlessly prolonged by extra games or turns.

But I knew what the rules were when I signed us up, and how the game was meant to be going.

I think last turn was the only turn that I didn't look at everyone else's possible moves lol. I forgot about FALL and where they could go :lol:
Major LiveLoveTeach

Postby DJENRE on Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:48 pm

LiveLoveTeach wrote:I think last turn was the only turn that I didn't look at everyone else's possible moves lol. I forgot about FALL and where they could go :lol:

I look at all possibilities every rounds, but like you I totally miss about Fall. :D :D For me it was just "they go out of world2.1" no matter about them. :lol:
And rules are rules, so no need to explain about it, we screwed ourselves. :D

But even with that, the point is that IcePack had also multiple possibilities for us and choose only one. It's not totally neutral like I said.
And after loosing one round because we didn't see it round 4, we loose one more round now because IcePack choose on position instead another. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bad luck!!!!
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby DJENRE on Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:56 pm

hjelp wrote::-s
We read the rules and we did leave instruction where to go if we were blocked since we didn't want IcePack to decide where we should end up. :-s

So you give Icepack multiple possibilities when you answer?
But I don't know when you had this case, it's the first round where somebody can be blocked like that if I don't miss something. Even you turn 3 you were not blocked by fall as they play before you.
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby IcePack on Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:01 pm

DJENRE wrote:
We read the rules and we did leave instruction where to go if we were blocked since we didn't want IcePack to decide where we should end up. :-s

But I don't know when you had this case, it's the first round where somebody can be blocked like that if I don't miss something. Even you turn 3 you were not blocked by fall as they play before you.

No I am not aware of any turn they submitted with alternate paths described. It’s not something that anyone has done / been allowed. Idk what he’s referring to here unless he’s talking about CR@W or something

The only other block I think was when fall entered world 2.1, they blocked one of the doors but no clans were trying to get thru that one

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby DJENRE on Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:03 pm

IcePack wrote:
DJENRE wrote:

No I am not aware of any turn they submitted with alternate paths described. It’s not something that anyone has done / been allowed. Idk what he’s referring to here unless he’s talking about CR@W or something

The only other block I think was when fall entered world 2.1, they blocked one of the doors but no clans were trying to get thru that one

Indeed, that's the move I was thinking about but they decided to lead Baltic instead World 2.1
And so, it wasn't allowed.....?
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives