Conquer Club

Looking to join a Clan - Post your CC CV/Resume here

Join a clan, or make a new clan.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Looking to join a Clan - Post your CC CV/Resume here

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:05 am

Yeah, so like I've said three times, this wasn't directed at you.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:30 am

Maybe Caffeine is just sad because he was too late to the party! :lol: :D

(I kid, I kid)

In all seriousness I was taking an approach a lot like Caffeine described in his (her?) long post - I do think its about fit. I've played in clans before and had such great times. When one of them broke up, I immediately found a new one and had a really bad experience because my expectations weren't in line. They expected members to be on skype nightly for live calls to take moves - that wasn't my pace.

Even now I'm taking a cautious approach - I'm just back after a lengthy break from the site and want to make sure it fits in my current lifestyle. Having said that I'm in games with both torres and MG and enjoying both so far! Caffeine - I'd love to get some games going with you as well.

And I don't even think it is about me "making a selection" like I'm some blue chip recruit - first I'm not that good, and secondly, I'd like to think that at some point it just becomes natural to say "Yeah, let's get me into the private usergroup so we can continue with the fun we have in games."
Private SuicidalSnowman

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:14 pm

I think we played some games before your break, but if you want to set a couple up then go for it.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:19 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:I think we played some games before your break, but if you want to set a couple up then go for it.

Yeah, we had a 3-1 record in doubles games as teammates
Private SuicidalSnowman

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:33 pm

SuicidalSnowman wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:I think we played some games before your break, but if you want to set a couple up then go for it.

Yeah, we had a 3-1 record in doubles games as teammates

Cool. I can play more if you like.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby MGSteve on Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:56 am

Yeah folks, I've been trying to get Caff to cut back on the caff. He's just so amped and jumpy all the time. Thought he was a tweeker at first. But then finally figured it out. :P

Caff does make some good points. Post your resume here, as it says, but don't just take the first clan that comes along. As I've said, SoH is a good clan and is the first one that I really had any experience with since several of the SoH members became members of the Team with No Name/Whom or What. And I helped build that group. I'm not really familiar with Aeturnus but that's probably just because they aren't in the same league as EGAD. I don't spend much time with any of the lower ranked clans. :P And that's what we call trash talk in the clan world.

Soave is still not in a clan but he doesn't have a lot of experience with team play. He is in Capralis, the tryout/training usergroup run by EGAD. So it's always possible that we might decide he's not someone we want though I highly doubt it. But then he might decide we aren't right for him. In which case he'll leave and I'll fall down onto the floor, pound my fists, stomp my feet and wail at the moon. See there's a big whole in the roof and I can see the moon from there.

But all seriousness aside, get over it Caff! Gee, what a weenie! :lol:
Captain MGSteve

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:02 am

There's a "big whole" in your words. ;)
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby MGSteve on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:03 am

Where's the Like button?!
Captain MGSteve

Postby silentninja on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:50 pm

Hey all,

I've been a casual player for 9 years, with breaks for finishing hs, college, etc. I like playing different maps and settings to learn new tactics and have fun.

I would like to join a clan that has a good amount of members that are actively involved and genuinely enjoy the game.
Sergeant silentninja

Postby IcePack on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:56 pm

Are you really silent?

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Vid_FISO on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:58 pm

IcePack wrote:Are you really silent?

7 posts in 9 years, probably qualifies :-)
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby torres44cm on Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:14 am

SuicidalSnowman wrote:Maybe Caffeine is just sad because he was too late to the party! :lol: :D

(I kid, I kid)

In all seriousness I was taking an approach a lot like Caffeine described in his (her?) long post - I do think its about fit. I've played in clans before and had such great times. When one of them broke up, I immediately found a new one and had a really bad experience because my expectations weren't in line. They expected members to be on skype nightly for live calls to take moves - that wasn't my pace.

Even now I'm taking a cautious approach - I'm just back after a lengthy break from the site and want to make sure it fits in my current lifestyle. Having said that I'm in games with both torres and MG and enjoying both so far! Caffeine - I'd love to get some games going with you as well.

And I don't even think it is about me "making a selection" like I'm some blue chip recruit - first I'm not that good, and secondly, I'd like to think that at some point it just becomes natural to say "Yeah, let's get me into the private usergroup so we can continue with the fun we have in games."

Hey there suicidal, when trying out with a clan , its not a good idea to dead beat out of the game, to bad you missed so many turns in our try-out game, gl in your search.
Sergeant 1st Class torres44cm

Postby Arama86n on Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:44 am

Vid_FISO wrote:

+1
Major Arama86n

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:32 pm

Arama86n wrote:
Vid_FISO wrote:

+1

Name checks out.
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby MGSteve on Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:24 am

torres44cm wrote:
SuicidalSnowman wrote:Maybe Caffeine is just sad because he was too late to the party! :lol: :D

(I kid, I kid)

Hey there suicidal, when trying out with a clan , its not a good idea to dead beat out of the game, to bad you missed so many turns in our try-out game, gl in your search.

I agree entirely, tor. Deadbeats are usually tagged as such in the comments portion of their low ratings they receive from those they deadbeat on. I'm happy when my candidates are trying out different clans and if the good fit they find is with another clan, great. I'm happy that they found a nice fit. But just because you decide to go with another clan is no reason to deadbeat. I won't do anything to make it weird or uncomfortable just because you chose another clan. I'll congratulate you and tell you not to be a stranger and we'll finish our games and hopefully have more in the future. But not if you deadbeat. And don't worry, I didn't tag you as a loser, deadbeat or anything. I didn't even give you a low rating.

Thanks for bringing this subject up, tor. I wanted to broach it without it seeming like an angry reaction. Just respect the people you play with and be honest and I doubt any recruiter will ever jump on you or bitch about your choosing another clan. Good luck in your games and with your new clan. That goes for both deadbeats. No hard feelings.
Captain MGSteve

Postby Arama86n on Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:56 am

MGSteve wrote:
torres44cm wrote:

(I kid, I kid)

I agree entirely, tor. Deadbeats are usually tagged as such in the comments portion of their low ratings they receive from those they deadbeat on. I'm happy when my candidates are trying out different clans and if the good fit they find is with another clan, great. I'm happy that they found a nice fit. But just because you decide to go with another clan is no reason to deadbeat. I won't do anything to make it weird or uncomfortable just because you chose another clan. I'll congratulate you and tell you not to be a stranger and we'll finish our games and hopefully have more in the future. But not if you deadbeat. And don't worry, I didn't tag you as a loser, deadbeat or anything. I didn't even give you a low rating.

Thanks for bringing this subject up, tor. I wanted to broach it without it seeming like an angry reaction. Just respect the people you play with and be honest and I doubt any recruiter will ever jump on you or bitch about your choosing another clan. Good luck in your games and with your new clan. That goes for both deadbeats. No hard feelings.

Without touching on this specific incident of which I know nothing, I would like to say:
If for example IcePack came to me and told me of such a situation that a new member of TOFU had deadbeated out of FALL test-games upon being admitted to us... by god the person better have a fantastic explanation or you better believe leadership would be getting a colourfully worded Pm from me enlightening them of the situation. It would probably be the most short-lived membership in the clans history.
Major Arama86n

Postby AetherFlash on Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:14 pm

Hello. I played a lot here 6 years ago and then life just got a bit too busy. Recently (last two months or so) I came back to the site on a whim and just fell back in love. I really enjoy the strategy/RNG mix plus all the great maps (many of them new since 2011!). I used to play a decent number of speed games, but I really don't have time for that anymore. What I would really like to do is play more team games (doubles, triples, etc.) but trying to play teamers with random teammates can be quite painful.

Anyway, back in the day my rating maxed our around Sergeant 1st class, but since coming back I have risen up to Captain and feel pretty steady at this rank now. I have played a lot of world/USA 2.1, Feudal War/Epic Feudal, and right now I am enjoying the Pearl Harbor map. I have also really fallen in love with no/flat spoils - trench - fog - no reinforcements. I'm just not a big fan of the "turtle up, spring out, chain escalating spoils from kills into full map wipe" game play.

Holding me back from a higher rank is a tendency to go on tilt after some bad rng, and probably an over reliance on the auto-attack button. My push timings could definitely use some more practice, as I sometimes tick-off the whole map before I can handle it.

So there you have it. I think that's a fair self-assessment. Looking to join a good clan that's maybe not too serious (im not into the whole skype call strategy sessions thing) but enjoys some casual teamers with partners you can trust.
Lieutenant AetherFlash

Postby MGSteve on Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:25 pm

Happy to give you a shot, AF. How about I send you an invite or 2 with some of my mates and we'll see if we're a good fit.
Captain MGSteve

Postby jfm10 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:00 pm

Hi everyone...I have been pondering the thought of joining a clan for awhile.I have very little experience playing most maps and soon to be a freemium.I enjoy learning strategies and am on site a lot if there are any clans interested in taking in newbs I am more than happy to give it a go.Thank yous for your time :) and patience. I finished 3rd in the December monthly challenge but that probably doesn't mean anything.
Last edited by jfm10 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal jfm10

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:30 pm

Do yourself a favour and talk about your strengths man.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby JPlo64 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:45 am

nvm...
Major JPlo64

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:33 am

JPlo64 wrote:nvm...

Please don't pique my curiosity like that.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby MGSteve on Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:40 am

jfm10, I'd be happy to invite you to a game or 3 and give you a shot at joining the Elite Galactic Angels of Death. Oh yes. If you're soon to be a freemie start as many games as you can beforehand. You can only join 4 at a time when a freemie but you can continue any games you're already in when you become a freemie.
Captain MGSteve

PreviousNext

Return to Create/Join a Competitive Clan