Conquer Club

[CC7] Conquerors Cup VII Main Thread - 1. S&M 2. FALL

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC7] Conquerors Cup VII Main Thread [Enter Predictions

Postby Extreme Ways on Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:06 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:There's a CD&Friends subforum, all clans are represented there. If you dont like this format for CC8, let your clan leaders talk there.

- Just to be clear, Zips, Macken, Free, DK, Stickse, Lex, Paul, Naruto and I are all equal leaders in TOP, When they speak, they speak as leaders of TOP.

- Everything has been laid on the table, I stand firm with my brothers, Enjoy the match, we are looking forward to it.

-\MGM/-ā™Ž

So what you're saying is that not just 1 or 2, but all of these members are posting in the wrong place? It's good to have your opinion out in the open, but if they are all leaders of TOP then 1 "signed" by all TOP members is enough. Go to the drafting table, not here.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Keefie on Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:11 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:
Keefie wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:There's a CD&Friends subforum, all clans are represented there. If you dont like this format for CC8, let your clan leaders talk there.

- Just to be clear, Zips, Macken, Free, DK, Stickse, Lex, Paul, Naruto and I are all equal leaders in TOP, When they speak, they speak as leaders of TOP.

- Everything has been laid on the table, I stand firm with my brothers, Enjoy the match, we are looking forward to it.

-\MGM/-ā™Ž

Kind of like The Borg ;)

- Not quite, it's that we have a hard time bowing to what is wrong, Not afraid, as others are to quickly lay down and expose their belly's in submission.

- Regardless, let's have a kik azz time!

-\MGM/-ā™Ž

You missed the point, I was talking about your looks :lol:

Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:18 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:

-\MGM/-ā™Ž

So what you're saying is that not just 1 or 2, but all of these members are posting in the wrong place? It's good to have your opinion out in the open, but if they are all leaders of TOP then 1 "signed" by all TOP members is enough. Go to the drafting table, not here.

- Each have their own words and ways of getting a point across, 1 speaking for all leaves out individual points/thoughts, I think it's good the way it is, You don't have to agree, but bow down and accept it.

-\MGM/-ā™Ž
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby Lindax on Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:15 pm

Back to business:

NEW: Round 2 starts February 19, 2017, for those clans that already know who they are playing in round 2. Clans are free to start earlier, as long as they let me know. To be fair to the other clans, the 6 Week Deadline will still be in effect if they do indeed start earlier.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Donelladan on Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:47 am

MagnusGreeol wrote:- Not quite, it's that we have a hard time bowing to what is wrong, Not afraid, as others are to quickly lay down and expose their belly's in submission.

-\MGM/-ā™Ž

Not the case though, none of the clans that spoke against you here is bowing in submission. But we are not afraid of facing any clan, you may not have noticed but you are making a fuss because you are facing S&M instead of FOED, and then it looks like you are afraid of S&M. Last year , other clans didn't care if they were facing the number 5 or 6 at the F400, that's why no one protested last year. And I know you are gonna tell me you aren't afraid, it's just about what's fair or what's in the rule, still that seemed a lot of protest for such a small thing (imho)

MagnusGreeol wrote:- Each have their own words and ways of getting a point across, 1 speaking for all leaves out individual points/thoughts,

On this I agree though, I have said many times before elsewhere. Not changing yet but we can always make discussion outside CDF and link them in the CDF ;)
Colonel Donelladan

Postby willedtowin1 on Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:07 am

[quote=

- Not quite, it's that we have a hard time bowing to what is wrong, Not afraid, as others are to quickly lay down and expose their belly's in submission.

- Regardless, let's have a kik azz time!

-\MGM/-ā™Ž[/quote]

Lets get ready to RUMMMMMMBLE!
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:06 am

Donelladan wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:- Not quite, it's that we have a hard time bowing to what is wrong, Not afraid, as others are to quickly lay down and expose their belly's in submission.

-\MGM/-ā™Ž

Not the case though, none of the clans that spoke against you here is bowing in submission. But we are not afraid of facing any clan, you may not have noticed but you are making a fuss because you are facing S&M instead of FOED, and then it looks like you are afraid of S&M. Last year , other clans didn't care if they were facing the number 5 or 6 at the F400, that's why no one protested last year. And I know you are gonna tell me you aren't afraid, it's just about what's fair or what's in the rule, still that seemed a lot of protest for such a small thing (imho)

- We (TOP) believe if it's suppose to be a certain way then why isn't it, If a mistake is made why wouldn't it be fixed? Last year nobody noticed, it wasn't that no one cared who they faced, It was that no one caught the mistake and just rolled with it. So because we point this out "we're afraid"?, Not the case, So when mistakes are pointed out, It's best just to roll with it than fix it? Good thinking.

- I've seen you complain about certain things Don, question why or how, So why is it ok when you have a gripe, but not ok when others do, Seems jumping on a wagon is easier or more fun than just saying " Yah there's a mistake made, let's fix it"? I'll be watching your next complaint closely, so even if your right I'll jump in and say " Oh poor Don doesn't like how its going"? C'man!
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby Keefie on Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:45 am

Guys,

The draw has been made, fixtures announced, war threads have already started and predictions have been made.

There is no going back.

End the squabbling in here now please.

Thanks
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby PaulatPeace on Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:18 pm

Greetings Friends,

Happy New Year to all!

by willedtowin1 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:58 am

I predict Paul goes Ballistic before CC7 commences ..............................
:shock:

I must start with an apology to wille, as he is expecting me to "go Ballistic". I am actually quite aware that offering valid ideas or suggestions to Lindax or the CD Team will not result in any immediate change to the status quo. For any suggested improvement to be implemented usually takes about a year or so, if it is implemented at all. Also going ballistic is not in my nature, but I must admit there is something in me that seeks truth, so I will endeavor to explain and clarify the point which seems to have been clouded somewhat.

There is usually a "standard system" which is employed when doing the seeding for any competitive tournament. Accepted systems may vary, but they are not done according to someone's personal idea of what is appropriate....they adhere to an already established system of some kind.

Lindax correctly stated " What is a "normal seeded" bracket style for one is not necessarily a "normal seeded" bracket style for the other.", but there are accepted standards. It had already been determined that the top 8 clans would be seeded for this tournament and that the rest of the entrants would be placed randomly. It had also been established that the top 2 seeds would go to the 2 clans in the finals of the CC6 and the remaining top 6 would be seeded according the the December, 2016 F400 rankings. This eliminates one of the standard seeding systems commonly used in tennis tournaments where the top 2 entrants would be seeded, and the rest of the field placed randomly.

If you wish to find the most commonly used seeding system, it takes nothing more than to google any of the many seeded tournament brackets available on the web or read what is clearly stated in the Wikipedia description referring to seeding:

One version of seeding is where brackets are set up so that the quarterfinal pairings (barring any upsets) would be the 1 seed vs. the 8 seed, 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 6 and 4 vs. 5

This was correctly observed by Josko when he noticed the CC7 seeding format had been done incorrectly:
You correctly used seeds #1-8 and #2-7 to play but incorrectly you made seeds #3-5 and seeds #4-6 to play in quarterfinals. it should be #3-6 and #4-5 instead. CCup was drawn with that format years before you came to the position of Clan Moderator, starting from CCup1.

The fact that the seeding system used by Lindax was not in any way a standard one was also correctly observed by donche64 in his statement to me:
- I Definitely agree with the part where you're talking about the selection of the 8 seeded clans: I wasn't talking about their selection, but their repartition
- Agreed also that this is not the standard repartition.

This was even credited with merit by Lindax himself in his comment:
I have read all your comments about the seeding. I can see some merit in josko's remarks and I will look into it for CC8.

Josko also noted corectly:
I would also like to see it corrected. No need to redo the whole draw but just manually change #5 and #6 seed in the draw to be it proper that #5 plays #4 and #6 plays #3 in quarterfinals.

I also think it can be changed before the tournament is started.
as both the #5 & #6 seed were receiving byes the 1st round...and these observations were being made several days before the tournament even began.

For those of you still confused about what the standard seeding format for the top 8 seeds is for most tournaments (and also what Josko said had always been done before Lindax became a clan moderator, please review yet another bracket taken randomly from another tournament bracket web site:
Image Please note where the # 5 & # 6 seeds are placed.

All of this information is provided here to substantiate one fact: The way the seeding was done for the CC7 is not in accordance with any standard practice, and is therefore a mistake. Mistakes happen. We are all human. A mistake made one year and then made again does not make it any less a mistake. That again can happen honestly and completely by accident. But to not correct it when it is brought to light, is compounding the originally mistake.

I will say here that I greatly appreciate all that Lindax, IcePack, Keefie, MudPuppy and others do for the clan world and their efforts in making tournaments such as this available to all of us! It does take an immense amount of time and effort and is truly a voluntary sacrifice of personal time. I however view these positions as ones in service to our clan world...and not opportunities to wield power in a staunch, rigid, dictatorial manner. If a mistake has innocently been made and is brought to the attention of the TO and other mods, then it incumbent upon those in positions of authority to rectify the mistake immediately.

It is not a matter of trying to tell someone how to do their job! It is an effort to work together to make our clan experience and this tournament specifically the best experience it can be for everyone.

For those of my friends who might say things such as:
you are making a fuss because you are facing S&M instead of FOED, and then it looks like you are afraid of S&M.
I will simply say we have challenged all the top clans to private wars which have not been accepted. If we were afraid to face them, we would not have done so and certainly would not have entered this tournament. I am confident S&M feel the same way and are not afraid of facing us, although they feel things should be done properly also.

I have no expectations that things will change here. I do however have an interest in clarifying this issue and setting the record straight.

I wish all success in the CC7 and again thank everyone involved in making it possible.

Sincerely,

PaulatPeace
Field Marshal PaulatPeace

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:59 pm

PaulatPeace wrote:Greetings Friends,

Happy New Year to all!

by willedtowin1 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:58 am

I predict Paul goes Ballistic before CC7 commences ..............................
:shock:

I must start with an apology to wille, as he is expecting me to "go Ballistic". I am actually quite aware that offering valid ideas or suggestions to Lindax or the CD Team will not result in any immediate change to the status quo. For any suggested improvement to be implemented usually takes about a year or so, if it is implemented at all. Also going ballistic is not in my nature, but I must admit there is something in me that seeks truth, so I will endeavor to explain and clarify the point which seems to have been clouded somewhat.

There is usually a "standard system" which is employed when doing the seeding for any competitive tournament. Accepted systems may vary, but they are not done according to someone's personal idea of what is appropriate....they adhere to an already established system of some kind.

Lindax correctly stated " What is a "normal seeded" bracket style for one is not necessarily a "normal seeded" bracket style for the other.", but there are accepted standards. It had already been determined that the top 8 clans would be seeded for this tournament and that the rest of the entrants would be placed randomly. It had also been established that the top 2 seeds would go to the 2 clans in the finals of the CC6 and the remaining top 6 would be seeded according the the December, 2016 F400 rankings. This eliminates one of the standard seeding systems commonly used in tennis tournaments where the top 2 entrants would be seeded, and the rest of the field placed randomly.

If you wish to find the most commonly used seeding system, it takes nothing more than to google any of the many seeded tournament brackets available on the web or read what is clearly stated in the Wikipedia description referring to seeding:

One version of seeding is where brackets are set up so that the quarterfinal pairings (barring any upsets) would be the 1 seed vs. the 8 seed, 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 6 and 4 vs. 5

This was correctly observed by Josko when he noticed the CC7 seeding format had been done incorrectly:
You correctly used seeds #1-8 and #2-7 to play but incorrectly you made seeds #3-5 and seeds #4-6 to play in quarterfinals. it should be #3-6 and #4-5 instead. CCup was drawn with that format years before you came to the position of Clan Moderator, starting from CCup1.

The fact that the seeding system used by Lindax was not in any way a standard one was also correctly observed by donche64 in his statement to me:
- I Definitely agree with the part where you're talking about the selection of the 8 seeded clans: I wasn't talking about their selection, but their repartition
- Agreed also that this is not the standard repartition.

This was even credited with merit by Lindax himself in his comment:
I have read all your comments about the seeding. I can see some merit in josko's remarks and I will look into it for CC8.

Josko also noted corectly:
I would also like to see it corrected. No need to redo the whole draw but just manually change #5 and #6 seed in the draw to be it proper that #5 plays #4 and #6 plays #3 in quarterfinals.

I also think it can be changed before the tournament is started.
as both the #5 & #6 seed were receiving byes the 1st round...and these observations were being made several days before the tournament even began.

For those of you still confused about what the standard seeding format for the top 8 seeds is for most tournaments (and also what Josko said had always been done before Lindax became a clan moderator, please review yet another bracket taken randomly from another tournament bracket web site:
Image Please note where the # 5 & # 6 seeds are placed.

All of this information is provided here to substantiate one fact: The way the seeding was done for the CC7 is not in accordance with any standard practice, and is therefore a mistake. Mistakes happen. We are all human. A mistake made one year and then made again does not make it any less a mistake. That again can happen honestly and completely by accident. But to not correct it when it is brought to light, is compounding the originally mistake.

I will say here that I greatly appreciate all that Lindax, IcePack, Keefie, MudPuppy and others do for the clan world and their efforts in making tournaments such as this available to all of us! It does take an immense amount of time and effort and is truly a voluntary sacrifice of personal time. I however view these positions as ones in service to our clan world...and not opportunities to wield power in a staunch, rigid, dictatorial manner. If a mistake has innocently been made and is brought to the attention of the TO and other mods, then it incumbent upon those in positions of authority to rectify the mistake immediately.

It is not a matter of trying to tell someone how to do their job! It is an effort to work together to make our clan experience and this tournament specifically the best experience it can be for everyone.

For those of my friends who might say things such as:
you are making a fuss because you are facing S&M instead of FOED, and then it looks like you are afraid of S&M.
I will simply say we have challenged all the top clans to private wars which have not been accepted. If we were afraid to face them, we would not have done so and certainly would not have entered this tournament. I am confident S&M feel the same way and are not afraid of facing us, although they feel things should be done properly also.

I have no expectations that things will change here. I do however have an interest in clarifying this issue and setting the record straight.

I wish all success in the CC7 and again thank everyone involved in making it possible.

Sincerely,

PaulatPeace

- Amen and very nicely put Paulie! ")

- Great fortune for everyone! Hāˆ†PPY 2017!

-\MGM/-ā™Ž
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby Extreme Ways on Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:00 pm

You make some good points in your post to which I might reply later to, but first:
PaulatPeace wrote:For those of my friends who might say things such as:[/b][/color]
PaulatPeace

Clans play CL8, CC5, Poly, sometimes also Random Cup. They don't do much private wars at all, no matter the opponent. Let me know if I'm wrong here, but that was what I always thought when I played with VDLL and seems to be the case so far with TOFU.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby rockfist on Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:53 pm

The great clans are measured by their performances in the CC and the CL. Winning a private war will not do much for a clan's resume.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby Johnny Dickshot on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:51 am

This has been an edifying thread. Suggest a new medal--we all know who qualifies, collect it yourself before the door hits you in it:

Click image to enlarge.
Sergeant 1st Class Johnny Dickshot

Postby willedtowin1 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:48 am

No Apology necessary Paul :)
I was just funnin around and never really expected you to go 'Ballistic".
Its just your competitive nature and I was making a light hearted comment about it.
I do agree there should be a standard to the seeding process from this point on tho.
That's what discussions like these are for IMO
GL Guys!

May the Shwortz be with you..............
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:45 pm

Are this many people really crying about one little thing?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby MagnusGreeol on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:16 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Are this many people really crying about one little thing?

- I know, it's unbelievable, every time a mistake is made, TOP barges right in wanting it fixed, Gawd! The nerve of some people! Can't we all just leave mistakes as they are? Thanks for agreeing Caff! Hey, You and I should get a dubs going, We'd make a good team ") Your pick, I await the invite k.

-\MGM/-ā™Ž
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:27 pm

Ok guys & gals, I haven't had a chance to read up yet on everything thats going on but one thing thats pretty clear based off PM's and reported messages etc is that the topic is well covered / discussed, and most would like to get back to business.

Lindax has stated changes will be looked at for CC8, lets save these discussions for that topic (notify your CDF rep and have him bring it up for CC8) and allow us to focus here on other stuff moving forward.

Further discussion on this point (whether in support of, or against, or clarifying, or having some laughs, or whatever) needs to cease. Both Lindax and Keefie have posted as much as far as I can tell, asking politely that the conversation and focus of discussion can move along. So since polite requests doesn't seem to do the trick, consider this a formal warning to everyone here.

Lets start the year off on a positive note and we can do better in the future.

Thanks,
IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby zips5000 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:12 pm

IcePack wrote:Ok guys & gals, I haven't had a chance to read up yet on everything thats going on but one thing thats pretty clear based off PM's and reported messages etc is that the topic is well covered / discussed, and most would like to get back to business.

Lindax has stated changes will be looked at for CC8, lets save these discussions for that topic (notify your CDF rep and have him bring it up for CC8) and allow us to focus here on other stuff moving forward.

Further discussion on this point (whether in support of, or against, or clarifying, or having some laughs, or whatever) needs to cease. Both Lindax and Keefie have posted as much as far as I can tell, asking politely that the conversation and focus of discussion can move along. So since polite requests doesn't seem to do the trick, consider this a formal warning to everyone here.

Lets start the year off on a positive note and we can do better in the future.

Thanks,
IcePack

Just curious....what's the punishment for the formal warning?

Sorry, I'm on vacation so have missed some of the recent posts.
Colonel zips5000

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:22 pm

Punishments vary depending on the situation, but generally the CD Team applies one / some / all of the following:

- Moving the offending post to the Trash Can Area (new)
- Locking of the offending thread
- Deletion of the offending post / thread
- Formal entries onto the users paddle for site disciplinary purposes
- Temporary Forum Ban (24-72 hours)
- Loss of Medals for the War / Event in Question

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby zips5000 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:02 pm

Where is the trash can area? I think those are the posts I want to read. Are they just moved or deleted permanently?
Colonel zips5000

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:07 pm

Please stay on topic, if you have further questions you can PM me if they are not related to CC7.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: [CC7] Conquerors Cup VII Main Thread [Round 1]

Postby IcePack on Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:32 pm

Poor turnout for the CC7 Prediction Challenge so far. I'll give it to the end of the month...tell your friends and try to win some credits!

http://challonge.com/CCup7

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Lindax on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:21 am

A reminder. From the Platoon Report:

Starting in 2017, War Threads will no longer be required to include game data within the OP as we conduct a trial period for six months. All NEW WARS starting in 2017 will fall under this new rule, so if your war exchanged games in 2016 and currently follows the old format, please continue to do so until that war is completed.

War threads will still be required to include the rules in the OP, update the title, such as round exchange dates, and the final score & date the war completed.

In addition, War threads will now be required to publish a LINK to the Clan Tab showcasing the war score, games and results directly from the OP. For the trial period, you will still be required to document any modification of games (such as deleting a game, or game remakes) with original game #, and new game #.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby IcePack on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:05 pm

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby josko.ri on Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:37 am

To be eligible for the Clan Achievement Medal for the MVP of CC7, a player must:

Have played for the same clan during the entire tournament
Play a minimum of 40 games
Play in all 5 rounds of the tournament
Have a clean record with regards to game abuse

These requirement to play a minimum of 40 games is obviously for players who play all 5 rounds. However, some of us are playing only 4 rounds as first round is bye and therefore I think minimum amount of games for players who have chance to play only 4 rounds should therefore be reduced.
Major josko.ri

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges