Conquer Club

[CC7] Conquerors Cup VII Main Thread - 1. S&M 2. FALL

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC7] Conquerors Cup VII Main Thread [Enter Predictions

Postby zips5000 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:22 pm

Yup, and for being

The most prestigious clan event of the year!

I think it's funny we can't get past the 1st bullet of the rules without a mistake (that would be quite easy to fix). Did Lindax post that he read and understood the rules?

:lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

P.S. That's all I will say on the subject.
Colonel zips5000

Postby Lindax on Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:38 pm

zips5000 wrote:Yup, and for being

I think it's funny we can't get past the 1st bullet of the rules without a mistake (that would be quite easy to fix). Did Lindax post that he read and understood the rules?

Very funny zips. :D

You know what's also funny: I did exactly the same for CC6 and nobody noticed or said anything. No mistake, nothing to correct, no doubt about validity and certainly no questions about motive. :roll: :roll:

Another funny thing: The CD Team is asking for volunteers to help with the huge amount of work behind the scenes. We have one applicant. How come none of the smart asses commenting here applied? All that time and effort put into complaining could sure be put to good use. ](*,)

Happy New Year.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby zips5000 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:47 pm

Lindax wrote:

You know what's also funny: I did exactly the same for CC6 and nobody noticed or said anything. No mistake, nothing to correct, no doubt about validity and certainly no questions about motive. :roll: :roll:

Another funny thing: The CD Team is asking for volunteers to help with the huge amount of work behind the scenes. We have one applicant. How come none of the smart asses commenting here applied? All that time and effort put into complaining could sure be put to good use. ](*,)

Happy New Year.

Lx

Thanks, I'm a pretty good smart ass - both my mother and wife have told me that for many years.

I can't speak for CC6 as I wasn't participating. Had I been playing, I would have noticed (I'm pretty good at that as it comes with my job) and I would have made it known.

As for the last part, I can only speak for myself. I'm not your huckleberry for lack of both interest and time (complaining really doesn't take that much time). I realize it is a thankless job, but you took much effort in writing the rules, I expected that they would be followed.

And of course, Happy New Year to you as well.
Colonel zips5000

Postby PaulatPeace on Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:24 pm

josko.ri wrote:I would also like to see it corrected. No need to redo the whole draw but just manually change #5 and #6 seed in the draw to be it proper that #5 plays #4 and #6 plays #3 in quarterfinals.

I also think it can be changed before the tournament is started.

But I know that Lindax's word is final on this issue.

I agree Josko. Everything is fine, except switching the #5 & #6 seeds would make the entire seeding process up to par with the way seeding is customarily done. No other changes would need be made and nothing else would be affected.

I too realize Lindax has the final word on this issue. I had just hoped he would want to make a minor change in order to make this tournament better.

Paul
Field Marshal PaulatPeace

Postby dkmaster on Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:43 pm

The short version is:

Both 5.S&M and 6.FOED got a bye first round.

Move S&M to FOED's spot and vice versa and everything is back to normal seeded bracket style

And thumps up for your great work here Lindax =D>
Colonel dkmaster

Postby Lindax on Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:52 pm

dkmaster wrote:The short version is:

Both 5.S&M and 6.FOED got a bye first round.

Move S&M to FOED's spot and vice versa and everything is back to normal seeded bracket style

No, the short version is: I used a system. I used it before. There is nothing wrong with it. There is no mistake. The bracket stands as it is.

There are many ways to fill a bracket. What is a "normal seeded" bracket style for one is not necessarily a "normal seeded" bracket style for the other.

If I can improve the system I use, I will, but for CC8. I will say no more.

Now can we move on? Or are the rest of your clan mates going to post the same thing over and over?

Lx

PS: Thanks!
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby zips5000 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:13 pm

God, I have soooooo many smart ass responses to this one I just creamed my pants, but alas I will walk away with only wet pants.
Colonel zips5000

Postby dkmaster on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:06 pm

:shock: :? :roll: :-# :-# :-# thumps down for that argument and way of responding
Colonel dkmaster

Postby macken on Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:35 pm

For what it is good to discover errors if they are not solved and instead of thanking for having appreciated and commented, it gives the impression that it is not welcome?

If an error has been made other times, it is no longer an error?
If an error was not perceived, well, it is normal that it was not fixed.
But if it is perceived, what is not normal is not to fix it.

What were the rules of a game made for?

If the rule is clear as:
8 clans will be seeded. The finalists of CC6 will be the first 2 seeds, the other 6 will be based on the December F400 Clan Ranking. In case of byes, the higher seeds will get those. The rest of the bracket will be filled randomly.

Then which is the list of 8 seeds?

1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?

Put the list I think is the first step. Then put it in the "challonge". Rest of brackets ramdomly. And that is all.

Thanks for the time to work here. That is not discussed, but appreciated.

Happy new year to all.
General macken

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:37 pm

I think Lindax's sig is the answer to this "problem": Winning solves everything.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Doc_Brown on Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:25 am

Guys, this won't get changed, in part because a lot of bracket predictions have already been submitted. Can you imagine the bitching we're going to hear all over the place about whiners from S&M and TOP not wanting to face each other if Lindax did go and change it? (I say that not as my position but what I would expect to hear if the change was made.) How many bracket predictions will essentially be invalidated because the submitter failed to notice a change to the bracket? Or maybe Lindax is expected to send a PM to all submitters to give them opportunities to update their brackets?
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby fairman on Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:35 am

Lindax wrote:

Happy New Year.

Lx

That is unacceptable!

Due to this terrible mistake we have to replay the semi final ... :D

BTW : Thanks for the time you give to CC Lindax

Nous étions là bien avant les targaryens !!
Brigadier fairman

Postby zips5000 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:42 am

Doc_Brown wrote:Guys, this won't get changed, in part because a lot of bracket predictions have already been submitted. Can you imagine the bitching we're going to hear all over the place about whiners from S&M and TOP not wanting to face each other if Lindax did go and change it? (I say that not as my position but what I would expect to hear if the change was made.) How many bracket predictions will essentially be invalidated because the submitter failed to notice a change to the bracket? Or maybe Lindax is expected to send a PM to all submitters to give them opportunities to update their brackets?

You realize you are implying that the bracket prediction is more important than the actual tournament itself?
Colonel zips5000

Postby Extreme Ways on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:47 am

zips5000 wrote:
Doc_Brown wrote:Guys, this won't get changed, in part because a lot of bracket predictions have already been submitted. Can you imagine the bitching we're going to hear all over the place about whiners from S&M and TOP not wanting to face each other if Lindax did go and change it? (I say that not as my position but what I would expect to hear if the change was made.) How many bracket predictions will essentially be invalidated because the submitter failed to notice a change to the bracket? Or maybe Lindax is expected to send a PM to all submitters to give them opportunities to update their brackets?

You realize you are implying that the bracket prediction is more important than the actual tournament itself?

You also realize the negative effects of changing the bracket arguable are worse than the backlash Lindax is receiving now?
General Extreme Ways

Postby zips5000 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:34 am

Extreme Ways wrote:
zips5000 wrote:

You also realize the negative effects of changing the bracket arguable are worse than the backlash Lindax is receiving now?

No, I dont.
Colonel zips5000

Postby willedtowin1 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:58 am

I thought this was were we make predictions =/

I predict Paul goes Ballistic before CC7 commences ..............................
:shock:
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby zips5000 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:06 am

willedtowin1 wrote:I thought this was were we make predictions =/

I predict Paul goes Ballistic before CC7 commences ..............................

Probably not...I think we are all just having some laughs at CC7s expense at this point. Lindax has made it clear he is holding firm and is not changing it this round.

Although, the interesting question is if he changes it for CC8, doesn't that admit that it was wrong for CC7?
Colonel zips5000

Postby willedtowin1 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:01 am

zips5000 wrote:
willedtowin1 wrote:I thought this was were we make predictions =/

Probably not...I think we are all just having some laughs at CC7s expense at this point. Lindax has made it clear he is holding firm and is not changing it this round.

Although, the interesting question is if he changes it for CC8, doesn't that admit that it was wrong for CC7?

I was too.....

Colonel willedtowin1

Postby Extreme Ways on Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:43 am

There's a CD&Friends subforum, all clans are represented there. If you dont like this format for CC8, let your clan leaders talk there.
General Extreme Ways

Postby IcePack on Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:40 am

zips5000 wrote:I think we are all just having some laughs at CC7s expense

Ha.

I'm sorry, but the last 48 hours I've spent vacation time at work (you know, the kind I can use to go see family or go on....vacation) and spent 30 of 48 hours (14 on Thursday, 16 on Friday) working on stuff for clans, rankings, newsletters, predictions, contests, etc.

I then wake up to check my PM's pointing me here...pardon me if I'm not laughing.

We've asked for help, hopefully we will have it soon. But your not laughing at CC7's expense. We work hard to put things together for clans to play.

It would be great if you could muster just a little consideration for the people who are putting these things together. That time was just my time, during the holidays, lost vacation, and doesn't include Lindaxs time or anyone else's who the past few weeks have put in extra time above and beyond. Some non CD's who help in the background to when we ask etc.

This doesn't just magically happen and present itself. I'm not asking that you agree w everything that happens, but at a certain point it would be great if you stopped laughing and considered the bigger picture here.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby zips5000 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:23 pm

IcePack wrote:
zips5000 wrote:I think we are all just having some laughs at CC7s expense

Ha.

I'm sorry, but the last 48 hours I've spent vacation time at work (you know, the kind I can use to go see family or go on....vacation) and spent 30 of 48 hours (14 on Thursday, 16 on Friday) working on stuff for clans, rankings, newsletters, predictions, contests, etc.

I then wake up to check my PM's pointing me here...pardon me if I'm not laughing.

We've asked for help, hopefully we will have it soon. But your not laughing at CC7's expense. We work hard to put things together for clans to play.

It would be great if you could muster just a little consideration for the people who are putting these things together. That time was just my time, during the holidays, lost vacation, and doesn't include Lindaxs time or anyone else's who the past few weeks have put in extra time above and beyond. Some non CD's who help in the background to when we ask etc.

This doesn't just magically happen and present itself. I'm not asking that you agree w everything that happens, but at a certain point it would be great if you stopped laughing and considered the bigger picture here.

Bravo for doing it. I will not however feel bad about it. I help/plenty of places where my input and time is valuable. You volunteered to do this...it is not a job. If you are not happy about it, then simply stop doing it. I won't lose any sleep over whether or not there is a CC7 or CC8 or CL whatever - life will go on.

In the meantime, I continue to see some individuals/clans receive harsher punishments or benefits (and this is a benefit) for others, so I will continue to point out where mistakes are made.
Last edited by zips5000 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel zips5000

Postby Keefie on Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:36 pm

Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:40 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:There's a CD&Friends subforum, all clans are represented there. If you dont like this format for CC8, let your clan leaders talk there.

- Just to be clear, Zips, Macken, Free, DK, Stickse, Lex, Paul, Naruto and I are all equal leaders in TOP, When they speak, they speak as leaders of TOP.

- Everything has been laid on the table, I stand firm with my brothers, Enjoy the match, we are looking forward to it.

-\MGM/-♎
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby Keefie on Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:48 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:There's a CD&Friends subforum, all clans are represented there. If you dont like this format for CC8, let your clan leaders talk there.

- Just to be clear, Zips, Macken, Free, DK, Stickse, Lex, Paul, Naruto and I are all equal leaders in TOP, When they speak, they speak as leaders of TOP.

- Everything has been laid on the table, I stand firm with my brothers, Enjoy the match, we are looking forward to it.

-\MGM/-♎

Kind of like The Borg ;)
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:58 pm

Keefie wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:

-\MGM/-♎

Kind of like The Borg ;)

- Not quite, it's that we have a hard time bowing to what is wrong, Not afraid, as others are to quickly lay down and expose their belly's in submission.

- Regardless, let's have a kik azz time!

-\MGM/-♎
Colonel MagnusGreeol

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges