Conquer Club

[CC7] R4: FOED (25) vs FALL (30) - FALL Wins - Final 12/9/17

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC7] Round 4 : FOED (3) vs FALL (0) of 55

Postby rockfist on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:29 am

Very early but it looks like FOED got out of the blocks ok here. Its always a concern for an underdog not to get down big early and it looks like they may avoid that.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby IcePack on Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:42 am

rockfist wrote:Very early but it looks like FOED got out of the blocks ok here. Its always a concern for an underdog not to get down big early and it looks like they may avoid that.

Ummm technically they are ranked higher currently. Say hello to the new underdog ;)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby rockfist on Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:50 am

IcePack wrote:
rockfist wrote:Very early but it looks like FOED got out of the blocks ok here. Its always a concern for an underdog not to get down big early and it looks like they may avoid that.

Ummm technically they are ranked higher currently. Say hello to the new underdog ;)

Underdogs eh? Against S&M - probably, against us, maybe, but I don't see it that way for this matchup.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby IcePack on Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:38 pm

rockfist wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Underdogs eh? Against S&M - probably, against us, maybe, but I don't see it that way for this matchup.

I tend to think in terms of performance similar to what they F400 grades clans on. So when it says we are the current underdog in regards to performance I tend to agree w it

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby rockfist on Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:54 pm

I don't 100% rely on the F400, but I guess its a good measure from the outside of a clan's relative strength. But I look at S&M and think they are stronger than their F400 ranking because they have a lot of people back that have been gone. I look at us and think, we just under performed in league, but it wasn't due to people leaving or anything like that, it was just a blip so I think we are better than our rating too. I tend to think your clan was under performing relative to what I know you can do and so think similarly. I mean if you go by F400 then TOP is the best, yet almost no one thinks that. I think they'd get torn to pieces in CC.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby IcePack on Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:06 pm

I agree that F400 is always indicative - that’s why I also do once a quarter updates in Platoon where there’s a league only and a war only chart as well.

But in general, we are under performing atm and FOED is performing better lately then previously. That recently was reflected in F400 and while both clans are good, I do think our current performance does put them towards being the favorite

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: [CC7] Round 4 : FOED (3) vs FALL (1) of 55

Postby IcePack on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:06 pm

Officially on the board 1-3

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:05 pm

IcePack wrote:I agree that F400 is always indicative - that’s why I also do once a quarter updates in Platoon where there’s a league only and a war only chart as well.

But in general, we are under performing atm and FOED is performing better lately then previously. That recently was reflected in F400 and while both clans are good, I do think our current performance does put them towards being the favorite

How come you can admit you under-perform right here but if I say you under-performed you get salty as f*ck?

:-s
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:18 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
IcePack wrote:I agree that F400 is always indicative - that’s why I also do once a quarter updates in Platoon where there’s a league only and a war only chart as well.

How come you can admit you under-perform right here but if I say you under-performed you get salty as f*ck?

Maybe you'll learn that when you act like a prick people will treat you like a prick in return. In the above conversation, I'm speaking w someone who actually intelligently wishes to talk about who is an underdog vs the other. Whereas if you read your previous posts, you dont say under performing you call us below average and then start BS w/ HH & KNT.
You read my responses, I didn't get "salty" until you brought up BS like that, especially combined w your other BS flaming and baiting elsewhere.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:21 pm

IcePack wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

Maybe you'll learn that when you act like a prick people will treat you like a prick in return. In the above conversation, I'm speaking w someone who actually intelligently wishes to talk about who is an underdog vs the other. Whereas if you read your previous posts, you dont say under performing you call us below average and then start BS w/ HH & KNT.
You read my responses, I didn't get "salty" until you brought up BS like that, especially combined w your other BS flaming and baiting elsewhere.

So performing below average isn't under-performing? Okay, got it. Thanks for clearing that one up!
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:29 pm

IcePack wrote:<<< Leave

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby JPlo64 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:08 pm

rockfist wrote:I don't 100% rely on the F400, but I guess its a good measure from the outside of a clan's relative strength. But I look at S&M and think they are stronger than their F400 ranking because they have a lot of people back that have been gone. I look at us and think, we just under performed in league, but it wasn't due to people leaving or anything like that, it was just a blip so I think we are better than our rating too. I tend to think your clan was under performing relative to what I know you can do and so think similarly. I mean if you go by F400 then TOP is the best, yet almost no one thinks that. I think they'd get torn to pieces in CC.

Based solely on recent performance, I'd think FOED would be betting favs with a line of maybe FOED -1.
But I think factoring more long term performance, I would think that FALL would be the real betting favorites at FALL -1/-3.

Either way, I think that it should be expected to be a very close and competitive match-up regardless of who you think the underdog is.
Major JPlo64

Re: [CC7] Round 4 : FOED (3) vs FALL (2) of 55

Postby rockfist on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:13 pm

3-2 now so looking close. I'll look more closely later, when my role in the other side of the bracket is over.
Brigadier rockfist

Re: [CC7] Round 4 : FOED (3) vs FALL (2) of 55

Postby IcePack on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:09 pm

Yeah, still pretty close in leaning games etc. I only see a couple games difference atm

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: [CC7] Round 4 : FOED (5) vs FALL (2) of 55

Postby Fyrdraca on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:22 pm

I believe early estimates by JPlo had us with a 2-4 game lead after batch 1, though obviously there are some games (Baseball in particular) where it's hard to know.

Either way, a tight set 1 to be sure.
Colonel Fyrdraca

Re: [CC7] Round 4 : FOED (5) vs FALL (2) of 55

Postby JPlo64 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:08 pm

Fyrdraca wrote:I believe early estimates by JPlo had us with a 2-4 game lead after batch 1, though obviously there are some games (Baseball in particular) where it's hard to know.

Either way, a tight set 1 to be sure.

:-$
Major JPlo64

Re: [CC7] Round 4 : FOED (5) vs FALL (4) of 55

Postby Robespierre__ on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:22 am

God bless Caff lol ....

super close .... as always one loses one where you had an advantage then turn around and win one that looked lost ...
Major Robespierre__

Re: [CC7] Round 4 : FOED (8) vs FALL (8) of 55

Postby Fyrdraca on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:48 am

For anyone who is interested, it appears the score will be 15-11 FOED with two games still undecided at the break. Been a good start for us, I hope we can keep it up.
Colonel Fyrdraca

Postby rockfist on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:57 am

I'm interested, although I admit I am more interested in the last game of the other semi final.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby IcePack on Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:01 am

I’m definitely not interested

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Fyrdraca on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:28 pm

rockfist wrote:I'm interested, although I admit I am more interested in the last game of the other semi final.

I think that's understandable ;)
Colonel Fyrdraca

Re: [CC7] Round 4 : FOED (9) vs FALL (8) of 55

Postby emilywink on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:00 pm

Best of luck and hope there is good fun for both sides here!

Finals should be awesome regardless of how the last game in our semi goes or who wins this one.

;)
Colonel emilywink

Re: [CC7] Round 4 : FOED (15) vs FALL (8) of 55

Postby IcePack on Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:19 pm

I count 13-17 right now in FOED favor

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: [CC7] Round 4 : FOED (16) vs FALL (9) of 55

Postby JPlo64 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:32 am

IcePack wrote:I count 13-17 right now in FOED favor

Looks like it keeps getting closer and closer...
Could be a tight finish
Major JPlo64

Re: [CC7] Round 4 : FOED (17) vs FALL (12) of 55

Postby rockfist on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:07 am

I just went through the games for the hell of it and it looks pretty even. I had it 24-24 with 7 even (admittedly this was by very quick analysis).
Brigadier rockfist

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges