Conquer Club

Nemesis 36-34 FOED. Nemesis Victory! [FINAL]

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Nemesis 26-27 FOED (of 70)- NSFW

Postby cpurcell on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:55 pm

Pander88uk wrote:What a bunch of f&cking children pmchugh, Leehar and cpurcell are. Hippie has bad dice and makes a couple of joking comments about them, wtf is wrong with that? You 3 have to go on your own little f&cking douchebag rants - where was the need?

You decided to have a rant at someone for having a little moan about his own bad luck - dicks. Lost all respect for pmchugh and Leehar. As for cpurcell, I never really knew him so hadn't built up any respect.

He didn't sound like he was joking... it sounded more like he was trying to rationalize why we just kicked his ass, and accidentally unchecked the team only chat box. A joking comment would've been something like "oh man, what did you guys pay for me to get those kind of dice?" or "jeeze, I must've forgotten to make my daily offering to the dice gods" ;) He wasn't joking, he was being a poor sport.

---C
Major cpurcell

Location: Bashing my keyboard because luck just screwed me to a noob! Oh, and Eastern PA

Postby Royal Panda on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:57 pm

cpurcell wrote:it sounded more like he was trying to rationalize why we just kicked his ass

THIS is poor sportsmanship.
Brigadier Royal Panda

Postby maasman on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:12 pm

I think we all need to chill out. Dice are dice, they are good and bad all the time. I think it would be best not to talk about them, unless they are honestly ridiculous for a roll or 2 (like 20v2 failing or something similar), but I think this leads to a slippery slope. It would be better if it was just talked about amongst teammates and not a word spoken to anyone else for fear of a thread turning into what this one has. Lets chill out and see where the rest of the challenge leads :)
Colonel maasman

Postby Royal Panda on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:18 pm

maasman wrote:I think we all need to chill out. Dice are dice, they are good and bad all the time. I think it would be best not to talk about them, unless they are honestly ridiculous for a roll or 2 (like 20v2 failing or something similar), but I think this leads to a slippery slope. It would be better if it was just talked about amongst teammates and not a word spoken to anyone else for fear of a thread turning into what this one has. Lets chill out and see where the rest of the challenge leads :)

Honestly, what is wrong with moaning about bad dice? I do it all the time, and I also tend to apologise if I've had absolutely amazing dice... no-one is trying to tell anyone else they didn't deserve to win a game or anything, it's just a bit of letting off of steam!
Brigadier Royal Panda

Postby maasman on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:21 pm

Pander88uk wrote:
maasman wrote:I think we all need to chill out. Dice are dice, they are good and bad all the time. I think it would be best not to talk about them, unless they are honestly ridiculous for a roll or 2 (like 20v2 failing or something similar), but I think this leads to a slippery slope. It would be better if it was just talked about amongst teammates and not a word spoken to anyone else for fear of a thread turning into what this one has. Lets chill out and see where the rest of the challenge leads :)

Honestly, what is wrong with moaning about bad dice? I do it all the time, and I also tend to apologise if I've had absolutely amazing dice... no-one is trying to tell anyone else they didn't deserve to win a game or anything, it's just a bit of letting off of steam!

I've got nothing against venting, it just seems like a lot personal hate going on in here about the dice.
It also looks like both sides are trying to negate wins though, dan and pete said it should be 40-30 for their side, so it's not just simple venting.
Colonel maasman

Postby danryan on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:34 pm

Not taking anything away from any of the wins you've earned guys. It's unfortunate the dice moaning issue has migrated here from the game chat where it belongs. Let's enjoy the rest of the challenge.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby Royal Panda on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:44 pm

maasman wrote:
Pander88uk wrote:

I've got nothing against venting, it just seems like a lot personal hate going on in here about the dice.
It also looks like both sides are trying to negate wins though, dan and pete said it should be 40-30 for their side, so it's not just simple venting.

My view is, that if the dice were completely fair in all game, it would end around 35-35. The way the dice seem to work is that they're either awesome or awful (sh*tty new system has royally screwed things up), and it looks like it evens out as we're headed for a close finish anyway!
Brigadier Royal Panda

Postby Royal Panda on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:45 pm

danryan wrote:Not taking anything away from any of the wins you've earned guys. It's unfortunate the dice moaning issue has migrated here from the game chat where it belongs. Let's enjoy the rest of the challenge.

The point, Dan, is that there was absolutely no need for them to be dicks to Hippie over it.
Brigadier Royal Panda

Postby Leehar on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:51 pm

Pander88uk wrote:

This is exactly the problem with moaning about bad dice, not that it's always a problem, but as evidenced already by the ccc semi's it always creates friction, the least of which is shown in there being a page of posts today compared to the last page being replied in weeks.
I mean, we've already seen the issues created between josko, cof, trap and whoever else in the tofu-kort thread over similar issues, it hasn't been any better with jackal, nikola and reptile over at thota-low. So as maas said it's a pretty slippery slope.
What I really have an issue with, and which I feel is more relevant, is that we all have bad dice ever now and then, but you're the guys who now start raising that as an issue. We've all gotten irritated by dice, and it's fine if you don't see it happening to us, same as we don't recognize it happening to you, but in the end, you threw the first salvo, I see it as the least that we retaliate :roll: .
Master Fenrir wrote:
pmchugh wrote:C said one comment that was entirely accurate dan. We have been holding back while rolling shit and then hippie complains when he losses a game you guys never deserved to win. I have enjoyed some games in this challenge but tbh I have been disapointed with foed's play and attitude towards the challenge. We have had horrific dice at times and kept quiet yet you guys have the cheek to go on rants saying we are lucky? You guys have some good players but there is no way the scoreline is an accurate representation of the way your clan has played.

I don't really think it's fair of you to make generalizations about the entire clan because you have issues with a few members, however legitimate those issues with those few members may be.

That may be true, but in some cases you act as the representative of your clan. It's only fair to apply the agency theory.
Pander88uk wrote:What a bunch of f&cking children pmchugh, Leehar and cpurcell are. Hippie has bad dice and makes a couple of joking comments about them, wtf is wrong with that? You 3 have to go on your own little f&cking douchebag rants - where was the need?

You decided to have a rant at someone for having a little moan about his own bad luck - dicks. Lost all respect for pmchugh and Leehar. As for cpurcell, I never really knew him so hadn't built up any respect.

And you having a rant at someone for having a rant at someone else for ranting about his bad luck when others didn't rant about their bad luck when they could've ranted for having bad luck, is any better? :-s
More to the point, weren't you supposed to be on vacation already?

Anyway, I'm glad we were able to make this thread a bit more lively, so I guess I achieved my goal somewhat. I can freely admit to having gotten a bit more irritated than I should've after US senate, and since all these things do add up even if nothing is said, It did get to be a bit much and to still see Hippie complaining... and maybe it was the same for him, which I guess is partly the problem.

But nonetheless, if we all try to take whats said with a pinch of salt, I think relations could be infinitely better. Maybe don't try to take things so seriously and make it more personal than it needs to be? I guess MF, lms and jock may have the right idea...
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Leehar on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:57 pm

Pander88uk wrote:
danryan wrote:Not taking anything away from any of the wins you've earned guys. It's unfortunate the dice moaning issue has migrated here from the game chat where it belongs. Let's enjoy the rest of the challenge.

The point, Dan, is that there was absolutely no need for them to be dicks to Hippie over it.

Not really, my view is that there was no reason for hippie to be a dick in the first place, things being what as they are... (and no offense hippie, I'm not sure the intention was to be attacking you anyway)
Pander88uk wrote:
maasman wrote:
Pander88uk wrote:

My view is, that if the dice were completely fair in all game, it would end around 35-35. The way the dice seem to work is that they're either awesome or awful (sh*tty new system has royally screwed things up), and it looks like it evens out as we're headed for a close finish anyway!

And unfortunately I feel that the challenge should have been an aoc type demolition instead of what it's shaping up to be, and I'm sure the reason I feel it isn't is significantly different to yours
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Royal Panda on Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:04 pm

Leehar wrote:And unfortunately I feel that the challenge should have been an aoc type demolition instead of what it's shaping up to be, and I'm sure the reason I feel it isn't is significantly different to yours

You really think you're a good player, Leehar? Man, what an ego.

2010-10-05 06:11:49 - cpurcell: fck you Hippie. We've had shit dice for loads of the games in this challenge. It's discouraging to hear your repeated complaining. At least we keep our mouths shut, unless we're retaliating to some of your ridiculous comments
That is what isn't called for. Hippie wasn't being a dick, he simply bemoaned his bad luck.

The friction was caused over you guys' reaction to someone moaning about shit dice, not the moaning itself. You've just proved what c*mbuckets you are.

As for me, I'm vacationing as soon as I finish the majority of my current games.
Brigadier Royal Panda

Postby Leehar on Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:22 pm

Pander88uk wrote:2010-10-05 06:11:49 - cpurcell: fck you Hippie. We've had shit dice for loads of the games in this challenge. It's discouraging to hear your repeated complaining. At least we keep our mouths shut, unless we're retaliating to some of your ridiculous comments
That is what isn't called for. Hippie wasn't being a dick, he simply bemoaned his bad luck.
The friction was caused over you guys' reaction to someone moaning about shit dice, not the moaning itself. You've just proved what c*mbuckets you are.

and this quote of yours is better than what c said?

You may think our reaction was uncalled for, I still stand by feeling that the initial comment was uncalled for. I'm not going to ask you to agree with my, but recognizing it would be a start..
Pander88uk wrote:
Leehar wrote:And unfortunately I feel that the challenge should have been an aoc type demolition instead of what it's shaping up to be, and I'm sure the reason I feel it isn't is significantly different to yours

You really think you're a good player, Leehar? Man, what an ego.

tbh I wouldn't mind calling myself good, it's not why I made that comment, indeed I was hardly referring to myself other than as a byline. I have no qualms with calling most members in foed or nemesis 'good'. I'm not inflated enough to consider myself a brilliant strategist but I see being good as too much of a stretch. I guess I could even go on about what defines goodness really and it's relevance in the clan scene but I don't think thats really the issue, so may as well drop it...
Pander88uk wrote:As for me, I'm vacationing as soon as I finish the majority of my current games.

Well have fun on your vac then, tho do you really think it's a good idea stressing yourself out over this?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Royal Panda on Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:34 pm

Leehar wrote:tbh I wouldn't mind calling myself good, it's not why I made that comment, indeed I was hardly referring to myself other than as a byline. I have no qualms with calling most members in foed or nemesis 'good'. I'm not inflated enough to consider myself a brilliant strategist but I see being good as too much of a stretch. I guess I could even go on about what defines goodness really and it's relevance in the clan scene but I don't think thats really the issue, so may as well drop it...

Why did you make the comment then? You think Nemesis deserved to thrash FOED for some reason?

Leehar wrote:and this quote of yours is better than what c said?

Merely responding in kind.

Leehar wrote:Well have fun on your vac then, tho do you really think it's a good idea stressing yourself out over this?

Who's stressing - merely voicing my opinion on the matter, as are you. My opinion is that you're all donkey-semen for taking offense at throwaway comments from Hippie. Each to their own.
Brigadier Royal Panda

Postby maasman on Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:41 pm

Pander88uk wrote:You really think you're a good player, Leehar? Man, what an ego.

No, I"m obviously the best player ever in the history of ever.
Colonel maasman

Postby Leehar on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:00 pm

Pander88uk wrote:
Leehar wrote:tbh I wouldn't mind calling myself good, it's not why I made that comment, indeed I was hardly referring to myself other than as a byline. I have no qualms with calling most members in foed or nemesis 'good'. I'm not inflated enough to consider myself a brilliant strategist but I see being good as too much of a stretch. I guess I could even go on about what defines goodness really and it's relevance in the clan scene but I don't think thats really the issue, so may as well drop it...

Why did you make the comment then? You think Nemesis deserved to thrash FOED for some reason?

Well, going by the power rankings. When A>B>C on top of B beating C, is it not somewhat expected that A should beat C?
Obviously there are other factors and clan results can never be expected to go in that fashion, but nonetheless the baseline to draw assumptions is there.
Pander88uk wrote:
Leehar wrote:and this quote of yours is better than what c said?

Merely responding in kind.

Then thats all to the good, guess there's no reason for hypocrisy on anyone's part.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Royal Panda on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:03 pm

Leehar wrote:Well, going by the power rankings. When A>B>C on top of B beating C, is it not somewhat expected that A should beat C?
Obviously there are other factors and clan results can never be expected to go in that fashion, but nonetheless the baseline to draw assumptions is there.

Wow, you actually base your assumptions on some stupid ranking system that doesn't take new clans into account? This is the reason you think you should beat FOED? Man, FOED should be appalled they haven't thrashed you lot if you all take that blasƩ attitude!
Brigadier Royal Panda

Postby pmchugh on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:12 pm

Master Fenrir wrote:I don't really think it's fair of you to make generalizations about the entire clan because you have issues with a few members, however legitimate those issues with those few members may be.

That being said, I have the biggest penis.

/thread

Fair points, I think you know I wasn't reffering to you anyway. It is mainly just hippie and now pander "semen insult" 88.

Pander you call us immature, have a look at yourself mate. You think you are funny cause you can down a few pints and thrash out a few swears? Congratulations.

I respect FOED as a clan and in a tight challenge both clans are gonig to think they deserve a win, now lets settle down and find out who will get that, eh?
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby cpurcell on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:15 pm

Pander88uk wrote:
Leehar wrote:Well, going by the power rankings. When A>B>C on top of B beating C, is it not somewhat expected that A should beat C?

Wow, you actually base your assumptions on some stupid ranking system that doesn't take new clans into account? This is the reason you think you should beat FOED? Man, FOED should be appalled they haven't thrashed you lot if you all take that blasƩ attitude!

Because you're not a new clan... you're O&H reformed :roll: You're all upset that you're ranked as a low clan even though all new clans are, when you shouldn't be. You should be penalized like crazy for that ridiculous stunt.

And yes, for the record, I believe that if Nemesis had it's full roster of players, and the challenge took place over a period of time when no one (on the Nemesis end or the FOED end) had any distractions (i.e. school which basically took me and several other important Nemesis players out of commission) and could give the games the attention that they deserve, Nemesis would utterly destroy FOED :) 8-)

---C
Major cpurcell

Location: Bashing my keyboard because luck just screwed me to a noob! Oh, and Eastern PA

Postby Royal Panda on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:18 pm

pmchugh wrote:Fair points, I think you know I wasn't reffering to you anyway. It is mainly just hippie and now pander "semen insult" 88.

Pander you call us immature, have a look at yourself mate. You think you are funny cause you can down a few pints and thrash out a few swears? Congratulations.

I respect FOED as a clan and in a tight challenge both clans are gonig to think they deserve a win, now lets settle down and find out who will get that, eh?

Where did I call you immature? You're a prick for launching into Hippie like you did unprovoked. Thrash out a few swears? Have a look at YOURself. For the record, I'm not drinking currently as I'm trying to be healthy for a month or two.

I've never said I think FOED deserve to win. Leehar seems to think you guys should have just shown up to achieve a thrashing. I'm almost certain MF thinks you're a douche as well, but he's too polite to speak his mind.
Brigadier Royal Panda

Postby Royal Panda on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:22 pm

cpurcell wrote:Because you're not a new clan... you're O&H reformed :roll: You're all upset that you're ranked as a low clan even though all new clans are, when you shouldn't be. You should be penalized like crazy for that ridiculous stunt.

I don't give a flying f*ck about the rankings. As for O&H, well less than half of FOED were in that clan.

cpurcell wrote:And yes, for the record, I believe that if Nemesis had it's full roster of players, and the challenge took place over a period of time when no one (on the Nemesis end or the FOED end) had any distractions (i.e. school which basically took me and several other important Nemesis players out of commission) and could give the games the attention that they deserve, Nemesis would utterly destroy FOED :) 8-)

You assume FOED have none of the same issues? Man, you're such a bad loser, and you haven't even lost! That's how bad a loser you are.
Brigadier Royal Panda

Postby pmchugh on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:26 pm

Pander88uk wrote:
pmchugh wrote:Fair points, I think you know I wasn't reffering to you anyway. It is mainly just hippie and now pander "semen insult" 88.

Where did I call you immature? You're a prick for launching into Hippie like you did unprovoked. Thrash out a few swears? Have a look at YOURself. For the record, I'm not drinking currently as I'm trying to be healthy for a month or two.

I've never said I think FOED deserve to win. Leehar seems to think you guys should have just shown up to achieve a thrashing. I'm almost certain MF thinks you're a douche as well, but he's too polite to speak his mind.

Pander88uk wrote:What a bunch of f&cking children pmchugh, Leehar and cpurcell are.

I'm sure MF does, but the fact he is too polite to speak his mind and that he can actually play for shit makes me respect him.

All of us know you are a good clan but all of us think we are better, got a problem with that then prove us wrong and win the challenge.

Everything that needs to be said has been said, now take a chill pill and everything will be ok.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby cpurcell on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:26 pm

Pander88uk wrote:You assume FOED have none of the same issues? Man, you're such a bad loser, and you haven't even lost! That's how bad a loser you are.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's hilarious! You sound like a 4 year old! "No, that's how bad a loser YOU are " :lol: :lol:

---C
Major cpurcell

Postby Royal Panda on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:32 pm

pmchugh wrote:I'm sure MF does, but the fact he is too polite to speak his mind and that he can actually play for shit makes me respect him.

All of us know you are a good clan but all of us think we are better, got a problem with that then prove us wrong and win the challenge.

Everything that needs to be said has been said, now take a chill pill and everything will be ok.

So you're allowed to speak your mind to Hippie (a far better player than you are) then? Fair enough to think you're better, but to assume you'd beat FOED just by turning up is disrespectful. Cpurcell is simply deluded to think Nemesis would destroy FOED with a full complement.

cpurcell wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's hilarious! You sound like a 4 year old! "No, that's how bad a loser YOU are " :lol: :lol:

Hmm, didn't quite catch my humour then? Clearly not. Must have been to subtle.
Brigadier Royal Panda

Postby cpurcell on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:34 pm

Pander88uk wrote:
pmchugh wrote:I'm sure MF does, but the fact he is too polite to speak his mind and that he can actually play for shit makes me respect him.

So you're allowed to speak your mind to Hippie (a far better player than you are) then? Fair enough to think you're better, but to assume you'd beat FOED just by turning up is disrespectful. Cpurcell is simply deluded to think Nemesis would destroy FOED with a full complement.

cpurcell wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's hilarious! You sound like a 4 year old! "No, that's how bad a loser YOU are " :lol: :lol:

Hmm, didn't quite catch my humour then? Clearly not. Must have been to subtle.

What makes Hippie a far better player than pmc???

---C
Major cpurcell

Postby Royal Panda on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:34 pm

cpurcell wrote:What makes Hippie a far better player than pmc???

---C

What makes Nemesis a far better clan than FOED?
Brigadier Royal Panda

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges