Conquer Club

[CC7] TOFU (33) vs ATN (16) - TOFU Wins! - Final 8/8/17

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC7] - Round 3 TOFU vs ATN

Postby Arama86n on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:19 am

We can each write an A4 arguing this and that.
At the end of the day though 60-game wars is the Club staple for measuring clan skill.
It is the format with the least luck involved.

That is why it has always been the format of choice for TOFU, and why everything other than the Cup will always be secondary.

FALL beat is in the final of the Cup, for that, eternal respect.
That was two years ago. Our win was last year. It is all in the past. We are playing CC7. Can't live on yesterdays wins.
Here and now gentlemen.

You can lift the Newcomers Cup, or the Mini Cup, Poly cup, or any god damn cup you want, and say your the best.
But in your hearts you know what the truth is: And that is that when you rip the C-Cup from the cold dead fingers of the likes of S&M, or TOFU, it makes every other achievement pale in comparison.

To be frank Ice, some of us played like shit in the Poly tourney (myself for example). None of us will play like shit vs S&M. In that sentence you find the answer to every statement and every question in this thread. I think you know what I mean without me spelling it out. All else is Bullshit.

One mans opinion.

The cup is in progress. All our clans are in the running. Cut the bullshit and go win some games, go life the cup. That speaks louder than the rest of this idle talk and chest-thumping.
Major Arama86n

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:52 am

rockfist wrote:I'm not trying to take anything away from anyone. Winning CC5 was a great accomplishment for Fallen. Winning CL7 was a great accomplishment for LHDD. Nothing anyone says or does now will remove them.

I never said you were. Your clan buddy is.

rockfist wrote:Based on past history, I'd say both Fallen and LHDD have accomplished more than ATN. You can disagree with that.

I don't think there is any argument to say ATN have accomplished more, because we haven't. The only title to our name is NC5. We could've added CL7 Div 2 to that but once we'd been #1 long enough to guarantee promotion we turned our attention elsewhere and finished 2nd or 3rd.

I'm bored of Arama's posts completely missing the point. Nobody is arguing about who beat who when. We're arguing about the fact EW is basically trying to diminish others accomplishments by downplaying TOFU's performance, and is doing so as if he's totally blind. I stopped counting the number of times he got dunked in this thread, it's embarrassing. Other people on both sides of the argument have brought up very valid points, but this kid continues to spout shit and nonsense.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Arama86n on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:25 am

There are other people posting in this thread too, I was replying to them as much as you. Last post was mostly at Ice, not everything is about you caff.
Furthermore, you say I am missing the point. But you drone on and on about your perspective while ignoring the fact that it is just that, not some objective truth.
My post was about cutting the BS.

Or are you just trolling? I think your too smart to repeatedly reply to the wrong person and misintepret what and to whom they are speaking.
But whatever, I'm done.
Anyone interested in my opinion about all this chest-thumping can read my last post.

iAmCaffeine wrote:Other people on both sides of the argument have brought up very valid points, but this kid continues to spout shit and nonsense.

=D> Personal attacks instead of arguing the point, while claiming that the person you are insulting is the one that cannot argue the facts. Lovely, and so telling. Well done.
Major Arama86n

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:37 am

Arama86n wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Other people on both sides of the argument have brought up very valid points, but this kid continues to spout shit and nonsense.

=D> Personal attacks instead of arguing the point, while claiming that the person you are insulting is the one that cannot argue the facts. Lovely, and so telling. Well done.

You do know that wasn't about you, right?

I'm sorry but if you expect me to sit here and nod when one of your members comes in saying "TOFU have been under-performing, it's not about ATN doing well, Fallen are a one hit wonder clan too" then you are sorely mistaken.

You guys talk about your poor performance and mistakes without giving thought to the performance of others. I've mentioned already you were gifted two wins due to our mistakes, but I didn't feel it necessary to bring up these things in order to try and justify the score. The same can't be said for you however.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Arama86n on Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:01 am

iAmCaffeine wrote: I've mentioned already you were gifted two wins due to our mistakes, but I didn't feel it necessary to bring up these things in order to try and justify the score. The same can't be said for you however.

I've mentioned already

Dude, come on, you've mentioned this five times now.
So, a TOFU player makes a comment about us not playing to our usual standards, yes. No need to make huge deal out of that fact.
Seriously, let's just drop it. There has never been bad blood between our clans, and it feels silly to lose it over such a small matter.
Major Arama86n

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:23 am

I don't have any bad blood with your clan, but occasionally do with EW. Of course I've mentioned it several times, just like your "poor performance" and "silly mistakes" were repeatedly mentioned. The fact is both sides have made mistakes and neither has performed to their best, so making any kind of excuse like those mentioned is futile. I just find it amusing that some players find it necessary to get the excuses in before the result is even known.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby rockfist on Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:36 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
rockfist wrote:I'm not trying to take anything away from anyone. Winning CC5 was a great accomplishment for Fallen. Winning CL7 was a great accomplishment for LHDD. Nothing anyone says or does now will remove them.

What I think he is doing, is questioning whether they can repeat those successes, he's just doing it in a way that makes it seems as if he is diminishing them to you and others. I don't believe it is his intention to diminish the significance of those accomplishments (I could be wrong).

I personally don't question whether they can repeat those successes. The talent is there. It remains to be seen whether they will repeat those successes, because this is a game of strategy and chance and while I think they are as good or just about as good as other clans, I don't see Fallen or LHDD being head and shoulders above TOFU and S&M (one man's opinion there).

If TOP doesn't compete in the League or in Cup, I can safely exclude them from the discussion.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:40 am

rockfist wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

What I think he is doing, is questioning whether they can repeat those successes, he's just doing it in a way that makes it seems as if he is diminishing them to you and others. I don't believe it is his intention to diminish the significance of those accomplishments (I could be wrong).

I made the same assumption and said I imagine he doesn't want to come across in those ways, but apparently that comment was ignored.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby rockfist on Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:45 am

I now think that if we win every game where we are leading we would win this round (ie win more than 25 games).
Brigadier rockfist

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:46 am

I guess that depends on which games you think you're winning.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby rockfist on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:09 am

Its 15-10 now of the remaining games I have it:

Leaning TOFU (to some degree) (12)

Hive Unlimited
Hive Chained
Labyrinth
Gallipoli Doubs
Gallipoli Quads
Philedelphia
Ardennes
North West Passage
Posion Rome
W2.1 Quads
USA 2.1
FNA Trips

Even (more or less) (6):

Rail Asia
Pot Mosbi
WWII Gazala
W2.1 Trips Trench
Battle of Actium
Conquer Rome Trips

Leaning ATN (to some degree) (6):

FNA Quads
Conquer Man
Conquer Rome Quads
Stalingrad
Three Kingdoms
Pelo Wars

Some of the leans are very slight and due to the nature of the boards and settings could be turned. Some of those games for both sides are all but over.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:15 am

I think you're calling Philly and Labyrinth too early. Ardennes is likely going your way but if KH can actually win a roll before it's too late we'll have a chance. Pot Mosbi is probably ours. Gazala should be too unless our rolls keep going south.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby rockfist on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:18 am

I'm not calling them wins. I'm calling them leans. And I gave you the benefit on Pelo Wars because you are ahead in numbers, but it could turn. I don't know how Pot Mosbi could be anything other than a tie right now (and that in and of itself is sad since we should've had an elimination long ago).
Last edited by rockfist on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:20 am

It's hard to tell when some are clearly over and others aren't. I usually differentiate between leans and decided games.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby rockfist on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:29 am

A lot depends on the nature of the game. A lead in a non-trench Philly, Pot Mosbi, or Pelo Wars is not nearly as secure as a lead in a trench game.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:47 am

Yes, obviously. I meant when you group games like Hive Unlimited and Philadelphia together, it's hard to see what you're calling a lean and won.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby rockfist on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:52 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:It's hard to tell when some are clearly over and others aren't. I usually differentiate between leans and decided games.

I can break it down ** will mean won * means strong lean all others weaker leans.
Last edited by rockfist on Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby rockfist on Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:00 am

rockfist wrote:Its 15-10 now of the remaining games I have it:

Leaning TOFU (to some degree) (12)

Hive Unlimited**
Hive Chained*
Labyrinth
Gallipoli Doubs*
Gallipoli Quads*
Philedelphia
Ardennes
North West Passage
Posion Rome**
W2.1 Quads**
USA 2.1
FNA Trips

Even (more or less) (6):

Rail Asia
Pot Mosbi
WWII Gazala
W2.1 Trips Trench
Battle of Actium
Conquer Rome Trips

Leaning ATN (to some degree) (6):

FNA Quads**
Conquer Man**
Conquer Rome Quads
Stalingrad**
Three Kingdoms*
Pelo Wars

Some of the leans are very slight and due to the nature of the boards and settings could be turned. Some of those games for both sides are all but over.

** over
* strong lean
Brigadier rockfist

Postby IcePack on Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:26 am

...---...

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby shocked439 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:43 pm

IcePack wrote:...---...

┏ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ┛
Sergeant shocked439

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:45 pm

NWP is over.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby shocked439 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:27 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:NWP is over.

War is over. ;)

Time for that sweet Kate upton gif
Sergeant shocked439

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:30 pm

It doesn't get posted if TOFU wins.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby shocked439 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:34 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:It gets posted when all games are finished no matter who wins.

Well alright. I suppose we can wait for the games to end before you post it.
Sergeant shocked439

Postby dshedd on Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:43 pm

Wow. Lots and lots of reading to catch up on. Let's see. To sum up:

1) both teams made mistakes.
2) both teams pick apart the semantics of arguments
3) shocked is a pretty strange dude
4) clan rankings are like onions: they have layers -- like the theory of certain professors and/or the personalities of certain cartoon ogres
5) ATN is awesome, but appears to be behind, according to a very nicely explained chart complete with footnotes for what * and ** mean.^^

That about right?
Works for me. Good war, TOFU, it's been real. Gl hf.

- dshedd

^^ - author truly loves footnotes and decided to include this one to illustrate just how awesome they are. ATN4eva
Brigadier dshedd

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges