Conquer Club

[CR@W] the Bannermen [Complete] - House of Fire (TOFU) Wins!

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CLAN REALMS at WAR: the Bannermen [Turn 29 IP UpdateDay]

Postby IcePack on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:25 pm

HotShot53 wrote:One question, if you implement the HP/damage system, would that mean lords only take damage, return home, and are no longer captured? Or would taking damage be the minimum, but then they are also captured and the capturing lord can do whatever they want just as it is in this version?

Good question. I haven't worked it out completely, but the thought right now is it would likely eliminate the kidnap/ransom etc option. It might / would likely come back in future versions, but (and this will make more sense later when the theme etc is announced) it just will make more sense with the theme and storyline not to have that.

But that's also why I'm considering healing and / or potentially using a lord twice etc

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TX AG 90 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:52 am

IcePack wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:One question, if you implement the HP/damage system, would that mean lords only take damage, return home, and are no longer captured? Or would taking damage be the minimum, but then they are also captured and the capturing lord can do whatever they want just as it is in this version?

Good question. I haven't worked it out completely, but the thought right now is it would likely eliminate the kidnap/ransom etc option. It might / would likely come back in future versions, but (and this will make more sense later when the theme etc is announced) it just will make more sense with the theme and storyline not to have that.

But that's also why I'm considering healing and / or potentially using a lord twice etc

I just assumed reducing Lord to 0 would enable the kidnap/execute/ransom mechanism
Private TX AG 90

Postby IcePack on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:15 am

TX AG 90 wrote:
IcePack wrote:

I just assumed reducing Lord to 0 would enable the kidnap/execute/ransom mechanism

Mmm yeah, thats a good idea for how it would work for some other version. For v2, it just wont make sense in the storyline... You'll understand soon enough :ugeek:

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: CLAN REALMS at WAR: the Bannermen [Turn 30 Clan Submit D

Postby IcePack on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:50 am

Turn 29 has finally been updated =D> =D> =D>

Thanks for all your patience, another turn on the books. Next turn is due tomorrow (friday) April 28th @ 2400 CCT.

Thanks!
Ice

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby JPlo64 on Tue May 02, 2017 7:34 pm

Any news on when we should expect any updates?
Not trying to hound you to hurry up.
Would appreciate a heads up on extended delays so were not sitting here always checking and wondering when it's going to happen.
Colonel JPlo64

Postby IcePack on Tue May 02, 2017 7:49 pm

JPlo64 wrote:Any news on when we should expect any updates?
Would appreciate a heads up on extended delays so were not sitting here always checking and wondering when it's going to happen.

My apologies, birthday stuff lasted more then a day (unplanned) and then i just got busy. Right now, I plan to do my backend stuff tonight after dinner and am hoping for a full update tomorrow evening (wednesday). Which would make ~ Thursday the new submit day.

I'll try getting the schedule updated tonight as well so everyones on the same page. I'm trying to think of a way to get this done more sensible / more predictably, because I know the sporadic schedule is difficult and everyone used to be able to count on it and thats changed.

Hopefully, I'll think of a better solution tonight and can announce it as we start our new way of handling map updates as well.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby JPlo64 on Tue May 02, 2017 7:54 pm

IcePack wrote:

My apologies, birthday stuff lasted more then a day (unplanned) and then i just got busy. Right now, I plan to do my backend stuff tonight after dinner and am hoping for a full update tomorrow evening (wednesday). Which would make ~ Thursday the new submit day.

I'll try getting the schedule updated tonight as well so everyones on the same page. I'm trying to think of a way to get this done more sensible / more predictably, because I know the sporadic schedule is difficult and everyone used to be able to count on it and thats changed.

Hopefully, I'll think of a better solution tonight and can announce it as we start our new way of handling map updates as well.

Cool. Hope the birthday weekend wasfun!

Suggestion:
Make time to officially submit terns 24-48 hrs after completed update. As it is now, can be tough for people to communicate effectively when turn officially due often in less than 24 hrs after update.
Game only benefits in giving players extra time to figure how to play, and it give you a larger built in break in between updates which might make it seem less daunting.
Same goes for updating. If it were scheduled to have turn submission and turn update to each be 24-48 hrs (2 days), would make it a more reasonable schedule for both sides.
Colonel JPlo64

Postby IcePack on Tue May 02, 2017 8:04 pm

JPlo64 wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Cool. Hope the birthday weekend wasfun!

Suggestion: Make time to officially submit terns 24-48 hrs after completed update. As it is now, can be tough for people to communicate effectively when turn officially due often in less than 24 hrs after update.
Game only benefits in giving players extra time to figure how to play, and it give you a larger built in break in between updates which might make it seem less daunting.

Yeah, I'm thinking of slowing it down a bit by doing something like:

48 hours for Turn submittals (allows 24 hours to "notice" my pm and update and 24 to discuss and PM)
- I feel this will help especially with inconsistent scheduling on my side. Right now, I understand its difficult because you can't plan around what i've written, and generally I'm still getting turn submittals 24 hours late (which hasn't mattered cuz I hadn't updaetd yet...) this hopefully allows a more fun and relaxed schedule for you guys

48-72 hours for my updates (allows 24 hours for backend, 24 hours for clan updates, and 24 hours of buffer or break)
- I'll pencil in 72 each time, if you guys doing the maps really saves that much time like I hope it will, I feel I should be able to get back to a regular schedule of every 48 hours (thats the hope anyway)

This puts us 5 days per turn, almost 3 turns in 2 weeks. its slower then i wanted, but with the current set up I'm not sure I have much choice. I anticipate another 30-50 turns til game end (depending on how houses play) so that would be 150-250 days. Theres 240 left in the year (roughly) so my hope is by the end of the year for sure. Of course, it could double that if no one ever executes people and plays differently, but I still have high hopes this will finish in 2017 and allow a fresh start with shorter turns in v2.0 in 2018 :)

Thanks for everyones patience, and while its "not getting updated" I AM still working on both CR@W (working on simplying my stuff) and v2.0 (during work when I can't access v1 anyway) so, hopefully everyones still able to enjoy themselves as we continue this (semi brutal) learning curve.

Cheers
IcePack

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby shocked439 on Tue May 02, 2017 10:58 pm

IcePack wrote:. Of course, it could double that if no one ever executes people and plays differently

Cheers
IcePack

Time to go full Joffrey in this one! We should kill everyone! :shock: :? :twisted:
Sergeant shocked439

Postby MTIceman41 on Tue May 02, 2017 11:08 pm

shocked439 wrote:
IcePack wrote:. Of course, it could double that if no one ever executes people and plays differently

Cheers
IcePack

Time to go full Joffrey in this one! We should kill everyone! :shock: :? :twisted:

Brah your gotta go Leeroy Jenkins!
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby ElricTheGreat on Tue May 02, 2017 11:17 pm

shocked439 wrote:

Cheers
IcePack

No .. better to be Joffrey's brother ... just suicide man !!! :roll:
Stormbringer is thirsty --- Thursting for YOUR Soul!
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby shocked439 on Wed May 03, 2017 6:47 am

MTIceman41 wrote:
shocked439 wrote:

Cheers
IcePack

Brah your gotta go Leeroy Jenkins!

Nah I save that for the end of games. That's my super secret finishing move.
Sergeant shocked439

Re: CLAN REALMS at WAR: the Bannermen [Turn 30 Paused]

Postby IcePack on Fri May 05, 2017 8:18 pm

Ok mini announcement, sorry I'm just going through a bit of a rough patch this week and been trying to fit this in between everything else going on.
It'll help me if I dont have to worry about it / stress about it.

I'm planning a week off, I've scheduled all of Saturday the 13th for CR@W. I will get instructions out to all Houses on how to update your turns,
and do the update finally. This is something you can "count on" and schedule around. Turn 31 will be due lets say Tuesday, May 16th at 2400 CCT.

That update will take place before I leave on the 19th for the weekend. That leaves you the 19th, 20th, and 21st to "figure out" / experience the first update
you will do yourselfs. When I get back I'll do my updates, and we can see how it goes from there. Once I can get Houses established and used to updating
their own info like we talked about, we should be able to get back to regular updates.

My sincere apologies on the delay here, as we said from the beginning this is sort of a experience / learning experience. As the game has progressed, its gotten
a lot more difficult for me to remain consistent (as you know). Thank you all for being patient and understanding as we (and I) have tried to work through it.
Honestly, your support, feedback, offers of help and suggestions have not gone unnoticed by me and I would like to thank you all. Unfortunately, work and life just aren't
cooperating and things are a bit stressful in "Iceland" right now.

Thanks again, and I promise we will resume and continue the fun shortly.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby SiriusCowKing on Sat May 06, 2017 8:56 am

We understand. We would rather have a well rested IcePack than a stressed out IcePack. Take your time, do things right, do them once.
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Captain SiriusCowKing

Postby ElricTheGreat on Sat May 06, 2017 9:44 pm

SiriusCowKing wrote:We understand. We would rather have a well rested IcePack than a stressed out IcePack. Take your time, do things right, do them once.

+999
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Re: CLAN REALMS at WAR: the Bannermen [Turn 31 Clan Submit D

Postby IcePack on Mon May 15, 2017 7:21 pm

Turn 30 is officially updated :) Sorry it was delayed, I got into a bit of a car wreck over the weekend which kinda took some time away from my promised schedule. (yes, I'm ok just minor soreness) Just a lot of hassle and hard time sitting for long period of time at the computer.

Anyway, T31 is due Tuesday @ 2400 CCT. This will be the first time you submit turns (hopefully)
I'm working on explainations and other things tonight I hope, you'll get follow up PM from me if it happens.

IF YOU DONT GET THE PM linking you to the "how to update yourself" thread, then just carry on per normal as I might not get it fully finished and we can handle Turn 31 the normal way, and pick up Turn 32 the new way if needed.

Thanks
Icepakc

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby ElricTheGreat on Fri May 26, 2017 11:47 pm

Knock Knock ....
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Dukasaur on Sat May 27, 2017 8:14 am

IcePack wrote:I got into a bit of a car wreck over the weekend which kinda took some time away from my promised schedule.

You should feel right at home on Conquer Club, which is always a bit of a car wreck...:)
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: CLAN REALMS at WAR: the Bannermen [Turn 31 IP Update Day

Postby IcePack on Mon May 29, 2017 2:06 pm

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: CLAN REALMS at WAR: the Bannermen [Turn 1 IcePack Update

Postby groovysmurf on Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:38 pm

IcePack wrote:Also a special note, I plan to take screen shots of the board every round and do a time lapse / gif type thing every turn so @ the end we can all watch how it went down :ugeek:

I can't even express how impressed I am by this one. Major props. =D> =D> =D>
Major groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:03 pm

ElricTheGreat wrote:Knock Knock ....

Who's there?
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby IcePack on Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:15 pm

BTW just a update, the "update yourself" thing didn't really work out like I thought it would. However, I've recruited groovysmurf to help out with the updates. So I'll be showing up and training her how to do that so we will have more regular updates and things coming shortly :) Probably starting next week

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:47 am

We are partway through training groovy on how to run the event / turns. Let's say in July, we should probably get back to regular updates after we've been able to go over this another time or two.
Then both of us will be able to process turns and make magic happen :)

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TX AG 90 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:50 pm

Another idea for future versions:

World Wide Tourney of Lords

1. Set up as a single elimination bracket
2. Held at an Arena with an unknown location
3. Participating Knights are Teleported into Arena and back to their home castles once they finish (no movement costs)
4. The Grand Tourney can be once every 25 turns, 50 turns, etc.
5. Participation is voluntary (if your Lords are fighting off a rival, you may not be able to spare them)
6. Single Combat and Melee (team games) brackets
7. Fame and Fortune await for each successful round
Private TX AG 90

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges