Conquer Club

Empire vs IA (Final) [22-20 of 42] EMPIRE WINS!!

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Empire vs IA (Round 3) [16-16 of 42]

Postby lokisgal on Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:42 pm

TheSpaceCowboy wrote:
lokisgal wrote:Again I want to state that the leaders are in the process of working this out
And what your bob told you is way off. I have a screen shot as well ;) your bob estimates and my bob estimated things very differently as is such the case in fog games. From our end the numbers are quite different.
Lets leave it at that and let the leaders sort this out we are close to a solution

What leaders are you working with?

mckummins

and chuck youre not in empire anymore so not your leaders are they...
Lieutenant lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Denise on Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:48 pm

Loki, Chuck can say what he thinks. I'd like to see anyone try to stop him. ;) We (EMPIRE) have always enjoyed talking things out and coming to a unified decision, and we still do. Chuck is part of that, because he is part of the challenge. His being in TOFU now isn't really relevant in this case.
Colonel Denise

Postby TheSpaceCowboy on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:06 pm

lokisgal wrote:
TheSpaceCowboy wrote:
lokisgal wrote:Again I want to state that the leaders are in the process of working this out
And what your bob told you is way off. I have a screen shot as well ;) your bob estimates and my bob estimated things very differently as is such the case in fog games. From our end the numbers are quite different.
Lets leave it at that and let the leaders sort this out we are close to a solution

What leaders are you working with?

mckummins

and chuck youre not in empire anymore so not your leaders are they...

I interpret your comment here to mean that chuck has no voice in this since he is no longer a leader in Empire, or technically, in Empire. However, he has a voice to me because he is involved in one of the games in question and is an authority in HIVE.

Look, the games will finish and a winner will be determined. The two games will likely split, and that is the best IA could have possibly hoped for anyway, since HIVE was well in hand in a no cards game. With no concessions being addressed by IA in North America, there is really nothing more to say except good luck the rest of the way.

EMPIRE will not be putting any asterisks next to the challenge no matter the outcome. What happened was beyond the control of any of us, much like dice or drops. We will accept the result of the challenge as outlined at the start.
Last edited by TheSpaceCowboy on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iacta Alea Est
Brigadier TheSpaceCowboy

Postby Chuuuuck on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:19 am

I think you must feel I left Empire on bad terms. My best friends on this site are still in that group and I am pretty certain they all still value my opinion as I still highly value the opinion of every single one of them. I am also certain that I have helped lead that group for a very long time and am well aware how they work and know that your secret 1 on 1 talks aren't how we will be handling this. TheSpaceCowboy stated it very well above. We will be finishing this challenge as is and will consider whoever wins more games the winner. We know we have done the right thing and tried to be honorable this entire time, can you say you feel the same way about you and your clan?
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby lokisgal on Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:47 am

Yes we can!
Lieutenant lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Chuuuuck on Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:15 am

Chuuuuck wrote:I think you must feel I left Empire on bad terms. My best friends on this site are still in that group and I am pretty certain they all still value my opinion as I still highly value the opinion of every single one of them. I am also certain that I have helped lead that group for a very long time and am well aware how they work and know that your secret 1 on 1 talks aren't how we will be handling this. TheSpaceCowboy stated it very well above. We will be finishing this challenge as is and will consider whoever wins more games the winner. We know we have done the right thing and tried to be honorable this entire time, can you say you feel the same way about you and your clan?

Excellent, then no one should have any complaints and both sides should then agree that the winner is decided by whoever wins more games like originally planned. Best of luck to you all finishing up in this nail biter!
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby lokisgal on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:51 am

we are, as I keep saying, discussing this with mckummins. And I never said u left on bad terms chuck I just said you were no longer part of Empire.
Lieutenant lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ljex on Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:28 am

lokisgal wrote:we are, as I keep saying, discussing this with mckummins. And I never said u left on bad terms chuck I just said you were no longer part of Empire.

you keep saying you are discussing things with mckummins, but we have already discussed this as a clan and your talks with him will change nothing. How many times we need to say this before you finally realize that your talks with him will change nothing is yet to be seen but trust me when I say EMPIRE is not a clan where the leaders decide things by themselves. We talk things over and decide as a group, that has already been done here and as previously stated we will let the final score stand whatever it is.
Major ljex

Postby Chuuuuck on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:20 pm

lokisgal keeps making several references in game chat that our numbers and BOB outputs are incorrect because BOB is not always 100% right. So I have taken the time to outline the FACTS of the hive game that can be verified by every single person who wishes to take the time to do so by simply looking at the game log. The game log is not effected by BOB and can not be changed by anyone, so to me, this is all pretty indisputable.

The turn that experienced the glitch was lokisgal's turn at the end of round 4.

At the end of round 3, lokisgal took her turn, she started with 34 territories and conquered 6, ending her turn with 40 territories. Between that turn and her next turn she lost 11 territories giving her 29 territories at the time of the turn in question.

Slowreactor took his turn next. At the beginning of his turn he had 30 territories, he conquered 13 territories giving him 43 territories at the end of his turn. He then lost 13 territories giving him 30 territories at the time of the turn in question.

Forza AZ took his turn next. At the beginning of his turn he had 31 territories, he conquered 7 territories giving him 38 territories at the end of his turn. He then lost 13 territories giving him a total of 25 territories at the time of the turn in question.

Chuuuuck took his turn enxt. At the beginning of his turn he had 40 territories, he conquered 6 territories giving him 46 territories at the end of his turn. He then lost 4 territories giving him a total of 42 territories at the time of the turn in question.

Aaarrrrggh took his turn next. At the beginning of his turn he had 32 territories, he conquered 7 territories giving him 39 territories at the end of his turn. He then lost 3 territories giving him a total of 36 territories at the time of the turn in question.

lord voldemort took his turn next. At the beginning of his turn he had 42 territories, he conquered 15 territories giving him 57 territories at the end of his turn. He then lost 0 territories giving him a total 57 territories at the time of the turn in question.

Jboy took his turn next. At the beginning of his turn he had 49 territories, he conquered 10 territories giving him 59 territories at the end of his turn. He then lost 0 territories giving him a total of 59 territories at the time of the turn in qeustion.

jj3044 took his turn next. At the beginning of his turn he had 60 territories, he conquered 6 territories giving him 66 territories at the time of the turn in question since lokisgal played next.

That totals up to the following:

Team 1 - 195
Red - Chuuuuck - 42
Green - lord voldemort - 57
Blue - jj3044 - 66
Yellow - SlowReactor - 30

Team 2 - 149
Pink - Aaarrrrggh - 36
Teal - Jboy - 59
Orange - lokisgal - 29
Smoke - Forza AZ - 25

Unfortunately, the site experienced a glitch and lokisgal did not get her deploy or attack phase in the 4th round. She missed out on a 9 deploy and an attack phase. We discussed options in chat about all of us starting and timing out until it got back to lokisgal. Unfortunately, slowreactor was having internet problems and hurried and took his turn when he logged on so he didn't lose internet in the middle of turn, ruining any plan to have everyone time out. We then tried to further discuss solutions and Forza AZ hurried and took his turn shortly afterwards because he thought we weren't going to do anything since slowreactor took his turn. Chuuuuck then announced to be fair, he would time out and we would play the game as is from there thinking that Empire was taking on the bigger disadvantage here because we lost out on a 12 deploy as well as our attack phase also. Loki then made claims that this still did not remedy the problem because now her deploy will be smaller next time around and she still lost the opportunity to lower our players deploys before our turns. These claims are completely without standing, just like loki lost her chance to lower our deploy and her deploy will be smaller, Chuck lost his chance to lower the deploys of loki, forza, and Aaarrrrggh as the numbers above so clearly indicate. On top of that, whereas Chuck was was at 42 territories and should of conquered at least 5-10 territories to clearly keep himself above 36, he is now at 37 territories and he will also have a smaller deploy next time around just like loki does.

I think the numbers above clearly show the true nature of the game regardless. It is a hive game with no spoils, by the 4th round nearly all armies have been forted and used since it is unlimited reinforcements. We had a 46 territory lead before the glitch happened and had 3 of their players below the 36 territory threshold. The game was pretty much irreversible, yet we still took action to go above and beyond what we thought was fair and in the end, lost more troops from the ordeal than IA did.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby lokisgal on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:45 pm

YAWN
Lieutenant lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ljex on Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:10 pm

lokisgal wrote:YAWN

seriously you are the one yawning?
Major ljex

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:40 pm

Well that there Loki just shows your outlook to everything. Quite the mature yawn u got going on there. I truly look forward to winning this challenging as we have already proved we are more classy. And we are about to prove we are better players
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:09 am

Ya, that says all I need to hear about her and her maturity.

To be fair and honest to anyone else from IA who may get offended. I have had no problems with any of the rest of you except for just a couple and I still think the world of a lot of you and have a tremendous amounts of respect for you all and your clan.

I just think loki's complete lack of understanding and sense and then combine that with the maturity shown in a few discussions becomes difficult to work with.

But, I don't think loki understands this concept from what I understand as her still pursuing conversations with "our leader," but Empire's stance on the glitches is that we did our best to make it all fair and we are extremely upset and sorry that it occurred at all and since it is an event that neither clan can control or do anything about then we will play out the challenge according the the rules originally laid out and accept the outcome whatever that may be. No deals reached in PMs with loki will be accepted (every member in the clan that has spoken has agreed to this). We still wish you all continuously the best of luck proceeding from here and hope to resolve this war without further technical problems and formalities!
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Denise on Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:52 am

Looks like our best hope in North America has failed. I rolled 6-10 trying to break red in tropics. No magic dice this time. :(
Colonel Denise

Re: Empire vs IA (Round 3) [18-17 of 42]

Postby mkcummins on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:13 pm

Wow...looks like i've been missing one helluva party. I went all the way back to page 6 and read my way to this point. Quite a bit to respond to.

1) I want to express my appreciation for lokisgal. She was willing to help me carry this sensitive issue out of the public forums and into a private chat room. I think it serves both clans to keep this issue from spiraling down the path it's heading. On page 5, there was a lot of crickets, then some fun-spirited trash talk. since then it's been getting dirtier and darker. And, NOW, we've somehow managed to bring the TOFU/KoRT scandal into it. I implore each of you to get back to the fun trash-talking and look ahead to the conclusion of this battle. loki and I, along with Vamp and my fellow leaders of EMPIRE, can have any necessary discussions about the past in a private and dignified manner, as i believe clan leaders should. No negotiation can ever succeed when any party begins speaking in absolutes, and there were quite a few flying around in here. If nothing else, I believe loki and I are committed to maintaining a healthy relationship between our clans and preventing any kind of bad blood, regardless of outcome. I know we both felt better after the meeting than we did before, so any claims that such a meeting would "change nothing" couldn't be further from the truth.

2) I am not THE leader of EMPIRE, but one of 4 (though only 3 are listed). You've heard each of them speak here. We each have our individual attributes and opinions, but we are a united front which represents the collective convictions of our clan. I believe we are singing from the same hymnal here, too. Some comments posted in this forum were definitely pre-mature, ill advised and even appear to undermine that assertion, but said comments were not made by one of the leaders of this clan. Just a hot-head, perhaps. Opinions and Feelings are paternal twins. you don't have one without the other, so when people come out and express theirs, why are some of us so quick to whip out a silver tongue?

3) This challenge has been a marathon of traded blows and my respect and admiration for IA has grown as a result. They rank right up there with AoC as a riveting battle and brutally competitive to the end. Something broke on the site and a lot of passionate people started expressing frustrations. Sounds perfectly normal to me. I hope now that both sides can just carry on and focus for their respective clans to bring this thing to the exciting finish it promises to give.
Captain mkcummins

Postby Denise on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:45 pm

Thank you to both mk and loki for your efforts to bring the war back to the fun and respectful zone, which is where it belongs. I publicly apologize for any part I may have played in adding to the negativity of this thread, or for adding to the angry feelings of clan mates. It is going to go down to the wire, so I can't bring myself to add any good luck wishes. ;)
Colonel Denise

Postby danryan on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:49 pm

Class act, marty, as always. Great fight between top tier clans here. I have to say I'm a little surprised Empire is doing so well - no slight to you guys, just IA has been hugely impressive in the CLA.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:52 pm

danryan wrote:Class act, marty, as always. Great fight between top tier clans here. I have to say I'm a little surprised Empire is doing so well - no slight to you guys, just IA has been hugely impressive in the CLA.

Granted we lost our 19 games set to AoC and I won't go into that too much, but you do realize we had the 2nd best score in the CLA, only worse to TOFU by 1 game I believe, right?

(And granted IA was only 1 game behind that)
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby mkcummins on Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:03 pm

danryan wrote:Class act, marty, as always. Great fight between top tier clans here. I have to say I'm a little surprised Empire is doing so well - no slight to you guys, just IA has been hugely impressive in the CLA.

Thank you, Dan. We're more than happy to wear the underdog hat.
Captain mkcummins

Postby dowian2 on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:13 pm

mkcummins wrote: I implore each of you to get back to the fun trash-talking and look ahead to the conclusion of this battle.

Hey IA, you still suck!
Major dowian2

Postby VampireM on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:00 pm

I come here after work (and before) to take a couple of turns, have few laughs and enjoy the game... i think people on here lose sight of the fact that this is just a game.. So i am really sorry that a couple of glitches on the site has created such animosity between us... other then this, its been a pleasurable challenge between the 6th and 7th ranked clans, down to the wire as expected... good luck in the future Empire...
Colonel VampireM

Postby ljex on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:35 pm

VampireM wrote:I come here after work (and before) to take a couple of turns, have few laughs and enjoy the game... i think people on here lose sight of the fact that this is just a game.. So i am really sorry that a couple of glitches on the site has created such animosity between us... other then this, its been a pleasurable challenge between the 6th and 7th ranked clans, down to the wire as expected... good luck in the future Empire...

I really don't think the glitches are what caused the animosity between our clans, to be honest i don't even think there is animosity between our clans. I think there were other things that happened along the way in this war that were festering and the glitches created the tension that brought those other things to the surface and along with it came the arguments. This is also why I hold the opinion that there is no animosity between our two clans but rather disagreements between individual players that have caused the appearance of animosity. I don't think you could find a single player from either side that would say I don't like the other clan as a whole. In my opinion both clans have players that are guilty of something and for that we should apologize in order for this to end here so we can enjoy the rest of the war. IA for complaining about dice and accusing one of our members of cheating, and EMPIRE for our conduct in the forums regarding the unfortunate site glitch. This is myself included on the EMPIRE side of things so for that I apologize as I overreacted to the situation.

Anyway back to the war which looks to be really close heading into the final few games.
Major ljex

Postby mkcummins on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:05 pm

well said, brother luke.
Captain mkcummins

Postby FarangDemon on Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:31 am

I'm enjoying this challenge very much. Looks to be a photo finish.
Click image to enlarge.

"He came dancin across the water.... FarangDemon, FarangDemon.... mmmhh....what a killer..."
Brigadier FarangDemon

Postby Chuuuuck on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:34 am

I think this all comes down to King of the Mountains and Forbidden City. If one clan takes both of them then they win and if we split them then we tie.
Captain Chuuuuck

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges