Conquer Club

[CC2] - LoW vs Legion [24-17] Round of 16 Final

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC2] - LoW vs Legion [20-12 of 41] Round of 16

Postby reptile on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:24 am

well we sure do have #20

However snowgun could pull something off in hive Game 8941523

.... it could happen ;)
Major reptile

Postby stahrgazer on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:55 am

reptile wrote:well we sure do have #20
However snowgun could pull something off in hive Game 8941523
.... it could happen ;)

Yes. Although busting out of Supermax is a more likely scenario (4 live Legions there still) but we only need one of the two for the set.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby stahrgazer on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:04 pm

Game 9068528 Poison Rome (N,C,F) – Legion win

argh, we've been poisoned!

20-13
Sergeant stahrgazer

Re: [CC2] - LoW vs Legion [20-13 of 41] Round of 16

Postby reptile on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:55 pm

I would really like to commend Legion on such a great comeback! They destroyed us in Round 2 and made a great comeback. You may have lost the challenge, but job jell done guys!!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Major reptile

Postby stahrgazer on Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:44 am

Tadaaaa!!!! 21-13 Game 8941523 Hive quads- no spoils, chained, sunny - LoW Win

Yes, kudos to the Legion for making us really work for it! =D> =D> =D>
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby HardAttack on Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:49 am

Congrats Legends, welldone here...
Gl in the rest of adventure.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Culs De Sac on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:18 am

reptile wrote:I would really like to commend Legion on such a great comeback! They destroyed us in Round 2 and made a great comeback. You may have lost the challenge, but job jell done guys!!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Thanks.. Wish we could have pulled it out.. But you guys are as resilient as roaches.. you just don't die
Major Culs De Sac

Postby Crazyirishman on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:00 pm

Good match Legion, well fought
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby stahrgazer on Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:45 pm

Culs De Sac wrote:Thanks.. Wish we could have pulled it out.. But you guys are as resilient as roaches.. you just don't die

Sergeant stahrgazer

Re: [CC2] - LoW vs Legion [21-14 of 41] Round of 16

Postby Culs De Sac on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:08 am

Game 9068533 Add it to the tally =)
Major Culs De Sac

Postby Culs De Sac on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:49 am

Game 9064104 One more for us dead folks
Major Culs De Sac

Postby reptile on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:47 am

stop it you guys are supposed to be dead! lol
Major reptile

Re: [CC2] - LoW vs Legion [21-16 of 41] Round of 16

Postby Denise on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:52 pm

Congratz LoW, well done! =D> Pull your pants up, Irish. :sick: No more need for that, the war is over.
Colonel Denise

Re: [CC2] - LoW vs Legion [21-16 of 41] Round of 16

Postby stahrgazer on Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:06 pm

rep, when you add the last, prison riot completed too, made it 22-16 and then your amazing Home STEAL

... two games left
Sergeant stahrgazer

Re: [CC2] - LoW vs Legion [23-16 of 41] Round of 16

Postby stahrgazer on Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:01 am

Legion won Game 9064122 Third Crusade quads - No Spoils, chained, foggy
so 23-17 now.

Final match on USA rail still going.

"Riding on the City of New Orleans..." (sing it, Guthrey!)
Sergeant stahrgazer

Re: [CC2] - LoW vs Legion [23-17 of 41] Round of 16

Postby stahrgazer on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:37 am

reptile, I request that until/unless the decision about "round of 16" medals exclusions is reversed, you change the thread title from LoW (Legends of War) v Legion, to FoW (Farmers of War) v Legion.

If I'm gonna be accused of farming for having played a skirmish series, I want it fully public and recognized.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby chemefreak on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:11 am

stahrgazer wrote:reptile, I request that until/unless the decision about "round of 16" medals exclusions is reversed, you change the thread title from LoW (Legends of War) v Legion, to FoW (Farmers of War) v Legion.

If I'm gonna be accused of farming for having played a skirmish series, I want it fully public and recognized.

You can go f*ck yourself too...while you are at it (farming? really? what about the agreement with TO regarding medals? not a farming issue). It is sad to see someone so caught up in medals. Do it for your clan. Do it for fun. Win challenges...why worry about the medals? Sad. Almost pathetic. Expected more from a LoW member...
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby reptile on Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:16 am

chemefreak wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:reptile, I request that until/unless the decision about "round of 16" medals exclusions is reversed, you change the thread title from LoW (Legends of War) v Legion, to FoW (Farmers of War) v Legion.

You can go f*ck yourself too...while you are at it (farming? really? what about the agreement with TO regarding medals? not a farming issue). It is sad to see someone so caught up in medals. Do it for your clan. Do it for fun. Win challenges...why worry about the medals? Sad. Almost pathetic. Expected more from a LoW member...

ok guys. lets wait and see what comes of it first off.... secondly, cheme how are you any better with that post? not only are you representing legion (who i hold in high regard) but you are also representing cc as long as you have them cool colors for your name.

It seems everything escalates more than it should... but my personal opinion is that it should not have even come this far, guidelines are guidelines. It was not legends of war, nor stahrgazer that came up with the minimum requirements for the medals, yet we met them and thus should be awarded a medal. You are right it is just a medal, it means nothing and doesnt even go noticed most of the time unless you are looking for it... but the point here is that it is not the point. If medals are being awarded in the newcomers cup (not saying they are) but are not awarded for ccup is just messed up... no matter how you explain it. Legion is a great clan that even if god himself defeated your clan, that is a tough task.

Now i do see the issue in why medals are not awarded (certain clans like to farm on the lesser/newer clans) just to get their clan record up... which i find pathetic. Go back and look at who low has faced as of late in clan battles (o wait we havent becuase we are too pre-occupied with the cla league and the ccup). Which btw gets no medal yet have tougher opponents that include more than the minimum that said group of people came up with. I apologize to everyone that we can not take on that and some challenges at the same time. getting back onto what i was saying... but considering the clans we have played in actual challenges, we have played only top 10 opponents (at said time) pretty much the entire time. Including bouting it out with #1 and #3 while we were placed #2.

Point being is somewhere along the line there needs to be some recognition for my fellow Legends for being a top clan (imo) yet our clan battle record is not nearly as impressive as other clan records because we take on top tier opponents, in addition they have that many more medals than us because of it... and it is them that are farming. If you ask me medals for clans should just be taken away, there is no fair way of doing it. There will never be either, and i am very very disapointed with team cc over the last couple of years, i am not going to name any names right now (may when i get pissed or something though lol. ps its not you). I realize that being part of team cc is tough and certain people have to make decisions. However, there have been some really sorry ass excuses for attempts at making judgment calls. There are certain members of team cc that act like a 16 year old whose dad just bought him a new ferrari and owns half the city. He goes around showing his immaturity and doing whatever he wants cause he thinks that "dad" has his back. wether he does or does not is not the point... now like i said i am not talking about you, but to this i say IS THE PATHETIC ISSUE.

Conquer Club is just going to keep losing life customers if they dont start to shape up and actually take a look into customer service/their own representatives. I dont know anything about blitzaholic, but we have had our differences (out of competition). he is a buddy of mine on cc that is the conqueror who is apparently leaving for one reason or another ... has something to do with team cc. Now that does not surprise me and i have often considered it as well. I know for 1 that i have brought at least 8 new regular rl players to conquer club and i am done doing that until cc shapes up. that is not much, but consider it as 200 dollars a year... which if they each stick around as long as i have that will be thousands of dollars for conquer club. its business i guess.

Like i said, how come other clans get so much recognition for farming (ea: great record, top 5 in most ppl's rankings, easy clan medals) yet we can not do this unless we sit out the ccup or the cla league. The reason we play the ccup and cla is because we
chemefreak wrote: Do it for fun.

Just come up with a more fair way is all i ask, at least TRY, try try again. Have the CLA committee decide, not just one person! that way it was agreed on by all clans basically, there would be no more arguments. or just get rid of the damn things.

Stahr has a good point and you cant argue she doesn't
Major reptile

Postby stahrgazer on Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:42 am

chemefreak wrote:

It's sadder to see "team cc" so nice, so polite, so "rules abiding" in response to legitimate concerns made public. As well as so discriminatory; so worried about whether to give a deserved medal or not they CAUSE this sort of thing then want to call us farmers, then pathetic for protesting the label.

Sad. I guess I should know by now NOT to expect more from site reps.

Your post was reported, by the way.

I'm guessing cheme is uptight because I'm saying we farmed Legion. Well, I didn't come up with it; someone on Team CC came up with it, and labeled us that, and any playin or 16-round winner in the CCup which i guess means legion is also farmers.. and using that as an excuse to avoid awarding well-deserved medals for defeating another clan with enough experience to enter this competition in any round.

and, reptile? awards ARE being given to the newcomer's cup, I checked the first-round threads before I brought the issue to light. "Medals awarded..."

Inconsistent application of arbitrary secret hideaway guidelines.

I wasn't in Legends when the 2nd annual cup was first discussed, i was in MM. We asked and were told medals WOULD be awarded for the CCup games because they met the criteria.

That changed later, I guess.

But the change was WRONG. Apply one set of guidelines consistently along every skirmish or, as reptile said, eliminate the medals entirely. This "at our whim" stuff is crapola. ESPECIALLY when it implies LoW (and every other clan above some hidden-away checklist) is farming to have entered.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby chemefreak on Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:33 am

stahrgazer wrote:I'm guessing cheme is uptight because I'm saying we farmed Legion. Well, I didn't come up with it; someone on Team CC came up with it, and labeled us that, and any playin or 16-round winner in the CCup which i guess means legion is also farmers.. and using that as an excuse to avoid awarding well-deserved medals for defeating another clan with enough experience to enter this competition in any round.

The implication was there. If you would read you would realize that medals are not being handed out yet due to the agreement with the TO. Your ranting is not helping your case and makes me almost want to advocate for sticking by the original deal with the TO.

And reporting my post? Since when can't I tell someone to f*ck off in a challenge thread that my clan is in when a player on the opposite side says they just got done "farming" my clan? Your report is almost frivolous.

Again, the reason for my post was that I don't appreciate the implication that "farming" has occurred here nor do I appreciate stahr bring this bullshit into our challenge thread. However, after seeing how stahr treated the clan in the previous war with the fog of war debacle I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby stahrgazer on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:22 pm

chemefreak wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:I'm guessing cheme is uptight because I'm saying we farmed Legion. Well, I didn't come up with it; someone on Team CC came up with it, and labeled us that, and any playin or 16-round winner in the CCup which i guess means legion is also farmers.. and using that as an excuse to avoid awarding well-deserved medals for defeating another clan with enough experience to enter this competition in any round.

The implication was there. If you would read you would realize that medals are not being handed out yet due to the agreement with the TO. Your ranting is not helping your case and makes me almost want to advocate for sticking by the original deal with the TO.

And reporting my post? Since when can't I tell someone to f*ck off in a challenge thread that my clan is in when a player on the opposite side says they just got done "farming" my clan? Your report is almost frivolous.

Again, the reason for my post was that I don't appreciate the implication that "farming" has occurred here nor do I appreciate stahr bring this bullshit into our challenge thread. However, after seeing how stahr treated the clan in the previous war with the fog of war debacle I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

The "anti farming" policy that has been applied to ccup means not I, but you and whoever else agreed to limit ccup rounds but not limit other cup rounds are the ones who labelled Legends 'farmer' for playing these matches. I just want it in the open for everyone's input, not a select few to apply their whims.

Similarly, I got tired of 25 different changes from OSA during and after negotiations so yeah, made a stink about it. Even AFTER Chuuuck admonished that clan to stick with original deals, OSA continued to do things or push for things that were other than agreed on (to the point that Chuuuck's final private message to them was a little less than "sweet" so obviously he saw my frustration with it.)

You say you don't appreciate the implication that there was farming here?

Good. Neither did I, it's WHY I'm making a stink about it, so that people like you can see what baloney it is.

But since you didn't think it was inconsistent baloney before, I guess I'm not surprised that you're not seeing how you're being inconsistent here.

I didn't make up the rule that said that playing this round would have no medals because they're applying the farming rule... I wasn't even aware of it.

But you were aware the 'farming rule' would be applied to this round, so you should be protesting to "THEM" not me for calling their spade a spade and tell them whatever filth you think was appropriate to say to me here.

Oh. Wait. I'm not sure you can.. cuz from what you've said, you were one of 'them'

But further, if you look at MY post on the matter, I only requested it be openly called farming UNTIL those "thems" change their ruling that called it farming in the first place.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby Leehar on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:35 pm

I have to say stahr makes an excellent habit of alienating people who may have been agreeing with her points initially, just purely because of how she coaches her rants...
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby stahrgazer on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:06 pm

Leehar wrote:I have to say stahr makes an excellent habit of alienating people who may have been agreeing with her points initially, just purely because of how she coaches her rants...

I have to say that if you were angrily offended, you might rant, too.

You might even make sure that everyone involved understands the offensive implication that is still existing.

It's reaaaaaaaaaaaally offensive to be labeled a farmer by implication; more offensive (to me) than chem found it to be labeled 'farmed' and yet, apparently chem had a part in designing that original label.

Oh, but NOW he's offended when he's shown what it implies :evil: but apparently only because now he's seeing the label he designed for himself and others when it's applied to him.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby chemefreak on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:49 pm

stahrgazer wrote:Oh, but NOW he's offended when he's shown what it implies :evil: but apparently only because now he's seeing the label he designed for himself and others when it's applied to him.

You are just not very bright are you? And it is looking a lot less likely that you can actually understand what you read. As stated in several different threads, it was determined that in the CCup2, due to the great disparity between some of the clans in the play-in rounds, there was the risk of "farming". There was never a determination that all the challenges were farming. Accordingly, the tournament organizer was contacted and an agreement was made that the Top 8 would receive medals. The responsibility of updating this policy in the CCup2 main thread fell upon the tournament organizer. Not the mods.

Now to discuss how smart you are. You just won in the Round of 16. If the Top 8 get medals...what do you think that means for you and LoW? Here is a link to an online Calculator. If it is too complicated for you to operate, have a friend help you. To make this even easier I will give you the equation x = 16 / 2, solve for x. Or perhaps this will help:

You have this many smiley faces: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I take half of them away: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

How many are left?
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby stahrgazer on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:09 pm

chemefreak wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:Oh, but NOW he's offended when he's shown what it implies :evil: but apparently only because now he's seeing the label he designed for himself and others when it's applied to him.

You are just not very bright are you? And it is looking a lot less likely that you can actually understand what you read. As stated in several different threads, it was determined that in the CCup2, due to the great disparity between some of the clans in the play-in rounds, there was the risk of "farming". There was never a determination that all the challenges were farming. Accordingly, the tournament organizer was contacted and an agreement was made that the Top 8 would receive medals. The responsibility of updating this policy in the CCup2 main thread fell upon the tournament organizer. Not the mods.

Now to discuss how smart you are. You just won in the Round of 16. If the Top 8 get medals...what do you think that means for you and LoW? Here is a link to an online Calculator. If it is too complicated for you to operate, have a friend help you. To make this even easier I will give you the equation x = 16 / 2, solve for x. Or perhaps this will help:

You have this many smiley faces: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I take half of them away: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

How many are left?

I also read, "last 2 rounds get medals," so there's this discrepancy in what is posted.

The mods make the WRONG choice when they claim disparity in one skirmish series and not another skirmish series.

I'm sorry your feel-bads got hurt at the implication that Legends "farmed" you - OSA probably feels as you do; and Legends of War certainly don't like the implication that we were farming. Even if the decision is NOW being stated as "only temporary," it's a "temporary" decision that only some were aware of for quite a few MONTHS - and which some of us were totally unaware of till recently. In some cases, folks were totally unaware of it until MY posts.

Finally, there's also been interesting disparity between the excuses used to make that decision.
Sergeant stahrgazer

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges