Conquer Club

[CC2] IA VS FOED - 12-29 FOED WINS (7/3) - FINAL

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC2] IA VS FOED - 1-10

Postby Commander9 on Mon May 23, 2011 8:24 am

Very strong start for IA on the 2nd start - the series are far from over.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby VampireM on Mon May 23, 2011 8:31 am

Commander9 wrote:Very strong start for IA on the 2nd start - the series are far from over.

i would be quite surprised if we could come back from this start... I have not look at the second set a whole lot but we would need to win 16 of the last 21 games.. which im pretty sure we aint doing.. but it aint impossible.. i can already see 4+ losses in the 2nd set.. Great lakes u got a kill already, dawn of ages we were down by 10 troops at the start of round 2, soviet union and siege looks bad.. those are four i counted as losses.. Not to mention alot of ur home games are still way to early to tell like dawn, pelo, etc.. the 15-5 start is just to much to come back from so i fear the only thing we could do now is make it close..
Colonel VampireM

Postby Commander9 on Mon May 23, 2011 8:51 am

VampireM wrote:i would be quite surprised if we could come back from this start... I have not look at the second set a whole lot but we would need to win 16 of the last 21 games.. which im pretty sure we aint doing.. but it aint impossible.. i can already see 4+ losses in the 2nd set.. Great lakes u got a kill already, dawn of ages we were down by 10 troops at the start of round 2, soviet union and siege looks bad.. those are four i counted as losses.. Not to mention alot of ur home games are still way to early to tell like dawn, pelo, etc.. the 15-5 start is just to much to come back from so i fear the only thing we could do now is make it close..

Well, you actually mounted some nice come back, so it probably won't be as bad as 15-5 right now (I think 14-6 looks more likely now). Obviously, we have very good chances, but I got a feeling that end result will be much closer than this.
Lieutenant Commander9

Re: [CC2] IA VS FOED - PRE GAME

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon May 23, 2011 8:52 am

wolfpack0530 wrote:
josko.ri wrote:I think this is the strongest challenge of round 16. FOED wins 21-20.

good luck to both clans, I hope we will be opponents in round 8 vs winers.

that would be fun. our clans havent tangled that much as far as i am aware. you guys are overflowing with skilled players for sure, but im guessing you havent seen much of the drunken monk technique that we will be sure to unleash for an occasion such as this could be.

keep slayin em

Guess again, sucka. Hope that's not the only trick up your sleeve. 8-)
Major drunkmonkey

Postby lord voldemort on Mon May 23, 2011 9:20 am

a nice showing by foed here...very interesting
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Re: [CC2] IA VS FOED - 0-3

Postby John Deere on Mon May 23, 2011 10:26 am

Commander9 wrote:
VampireM wrote:While i dont doubt foed's talented players, i have seen how the dice have been going.. games like AOM, battle of iraq, monsters, etc, it would be pretty hard to lose with how the dice went... unless u have no idea at all about the maps which obviously aint the case..

Ah, so I'm assuming you are being dice-raped in every single game that you lost, but if you win any that will be pure skill? :)

You mean thats not how all games are? :shock: :? :lol:
Thanks grifftron for the pic! Your the man:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjwAucpiC6Q&list=QL&playnext=1
Major John Deere

Postby jimboy on Mon May 23, 2011 11:43 am

My take on Loki saying some of the maps are gimmic maps is this..... Some of the maps picked are going to be won by the team that have the best dice because they are nothing more then a dice war. So assuming that the dice are 50-50 and that both teams win an equal amount of these games then in theory IA will not be able to win the 75% of the games needed to come back after the large deficit in round one. If this was FOED's thinking (and i'm not saying it was) on the 2nd round games it was a very smart move by them in my opinion. Also in no way am I saying these guys wouldn't of been able to win the required amount of games on pure skill and strategy either because they are obviously very skilled. This is just my take on what Loki said.... I have not talked to her about it and asked her for any clarification and I may have it all wrong.

At any rate.... Good luck in the second round guys, even though we have been getting our asses handed to us I have still been enjoying the challenge

Jimboy
General jimboy

Postby ljex on Mon May 23, 2011 1:35 pm

jimboy wrote:My take on Loki saying some of the maps are gimmic maps is this..... Some of the maps picked are going to be won by the team that have the best dice because they are nothing more then a dice war. So assuming that the dice are 50-50 and that both teams win an equal amount of these games then in theory IA will not be able to win the 75% of the games needed to come back after the large deficit in round one. If this was FOED's thinking (and i'm not saying it was) on the 2nd round games it was a very smart move by them in my opinion. Also in no way am I saying these guys wouldn't of been able to win the required amount of games on pure skill and strategy either because they are obviously very skilled. This is just my take on what Loki said.... I have not talked to her about it and asked her for any clarification and I may have it all wrong.

At any rate.... Good luck in the second round guys, even though we have been getting our asses handed to us I have still been enjoying the challenge

Jimboy

my thoughts as well, and honestly i was expecting even more gimmic team game maps when she said that like city mogul or even very simple maps that are basically all luck due to the current situation of the challenge.

Quite honestly if that were the case i would have applauded FOED for good strategy...this is a strategy game and it is a strategy what maps you send your opponents based on the circumstances of the war.
Major ljex

Postby Master Fenrir on Mon May 23, 2011 1:54 pm

jimboy wrote:So assuming that the dice are 50-50 and that both teams win an equal amount of these games then in theory IA will not be able to win the 75% of the games needed to come back after the large deficit in round one. If this was FOED's thinking (and i'm not saying it was) on the 2nd round games it was a very smart move by them in my opinion.

You're a perceptive dude, Jim. :) ljex, too. That's exactly why those maps were chosen. I thought Loki was calling them "gimmick" maps because she felt we couldn't dance on standard maps, which obviously isn't the case. But if that's what she meant, then she was 100% right. ahunda didn't train no fool.
Last edited by Master Fenrir on Mon May 23, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General Master Fenrir

Postby HardAttack on Mon May 23, 2011 1:55 pm

A 1-10 needs not many words, what maps has been used, if one side were luckier, or whatever.
I see a collapse of IA here and FOED to be a candidate to be recognized as among very strong clans.
Sorry friends in IA anyways.
Very nice work so far Master Fenrir and co.
=D>
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby danryan on Mon May 23, 2011 3:54 pm

It's actually 3-10 right now, and IA is far from collapsing. It's a nice start but this thing is going to go the distance.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby mkcummins on Thu May 26, 2011 11:09 am

impressive start for FOED. will it balance out in the long run?
Captain mkcummins

Postby nippersean on Thu May 26, 2011 4:09 pm

very possibly
Brigadier nippersean

Postby Leehar on Thu May 26, 2011 4:22 pm

foed doesn't look like getting just 7 more wins?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby L M S on Thu May 26, 2011 4:43 pm

Leehar wrote:foed doesn't look like getting just 7 more wins?

huh?
“One of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Leehar on Thu May 26, 2011 4:53 pm

current score is 14-4, so you only need 7 more to win, and I see at least 3 leads on kills, so maybe just need to check if there are 4 big enough territory leads for victory?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Commander9 on Thu May 26, 2011 5:03 pm

Leehar wrote:current score is 14-4, so you only need 7 more to win, and I see at least 3 leads on kills, so maybe just need to check if there are 4 big enough territory leads for victory?

I'd rather not call until MNDuke sings it.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Deli on Thu May 26, 2011 5:24 pm

mkcummins wrote:impressive start for FOED. will it balance out in the long run?

Everything balances out in the end mk. Just like lucky dice in the TLO! ;)
Favourite Game 6093298
Brigadier Deli
SoC Training Adviser

Re: [CC2] IA VS FOED - 3-12

Postby Denise on Mon May 30, 2011 9:45 am

Wow, it looks like IA will have to work miracles to fight their way out of this deficit. Nice work, FOED! =D> =D>
Colonel Denise

Postby L M S on Mon May 30, 2011 11:52 am

Right now it's 5-18.

IA is not going down without a fight, I can assure you all of this.......and of this, FOED is not taking anything for granted.
“One of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jabajabba on Tue May 31, 2011 10:19 am

Hmmmm
Brigadier jabajabba

Postby danryan on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:54 pm

Looks like it's close to being official now, hats off to IA for the fight and I'm really proud of FOED for the way we pulled together to win this one.

Thanks again to Bruceswar for his great predictions, he brings us great joy every time he predicts an outcome. Oh lookie - we get to play against him and the cows next! :)
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby NanoTheGreat on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:04 pm

Wooohhhhhh!!! Go FOED!!!
Brigadier NanoTheGreat

Postby gradybridges on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:17 pm

Will this continue to be a blow out or will IA take a bunch at the end?
Lieutenant gradybridges

Postby Commander9 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:25 pm

gradybridges wrote:Will this continue to be a blow out or will IA take a bunch at the end?

The current score (if I'm not mistaken):

FOED 22-10 IA (some of the are not officially over, but there's no way the results can change).

with 9 Undecided (at least 3 of them should be FOED wins), so my guess on the final scores is anywhere between 25-16 to 29-12.
Lieutenant Commander9

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges