Conquer Club

GR(35) vs. TLW(25) of 61 [Final]

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: GR(10) vs. TLW(8) of 61 [Round 2]

Postby MyTurnToWin on Tue May 31, 2011 3:24 pm

When someone is rude, making snide remarks, or being a bad sport I think the best reply is no reply. Why allow ourselves to pulled down to their level?

We are MUCH better than that!!!
Sergeant MyTurnToWin

Postby jigger1986 on Tue May 31, 2011 5:18 pm

Lets take it easy here guys. This war was going so good and still has a chance to be a great war. So far its been very competitive between the two clans, lets not foul it up with a shit slinging argument.

Slick,

As a compromise how about we re-play the Feudal Epic quads game? Leave the other two (New World and Austerlitz) as they are (1 win each) and re-play the third as there was a clear advantage given to your team. GR doesn't want to take any forfeit wins, the way this war has bee so far only a couple games could decide the winner and I dont think either clan would like to win that way.

Does this sound like a solution we can both agree on?

-jig
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby YoBFelip on Tue May 31, 2011 5:39 pm

MyTurnToWin wrote:REPLY TO PHILLIPM:

I have no recollection of ever playing you or talking to you.... so please don't make a statement about the entire clan because of your interaction with one player.

Thank you.

Not my interaction, haven't said a word... just showing my clan what nice people u have in ur clan. And it gets even better.
Sergeant 1st Class YoBFelip

Postby patrickaa317 on Tue May 31, 2011 6:46 pm

jigger1986 wrote:Lets take it easy here guys. This war was going so good and still has a chance to be a great war. So far its been very competitive between the two clans, lets not foul it up with a shit slinging argument.

Completely agreed. I didn't mean to cause a storm of arguing when I brought up the rules violation, I just wanted to get the issue talked about and resolved. We've enjoyed our games against you TLW and we have a bunch more to go. Let's not get into an unnecessary pissing match about who said what.

And not that my vote counts but I do like the replaying of Feudal and leaving the other two as is.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby spicyblue on Tue May 31, 2011 8:14 pm

phillipm wrote:

I have no recollection of ever playing you or talking to you.... so please don't make a statement about the entire clan because of your interaction with one player.

Thank you.

Not my interaction, haven't said a word... just showing my clan what nice people u have in ur clan. And it gets even better.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Farm the Farmers
Major spicyblue

Re: GR(10) vs. TLW(7) of 61 [Round 2]

Postby jigger1986 on Tue May 31, 2011 9:31 pm

Ive re-made the Feudal Epic game. It seems TLW left the choice in the hands of GR, and we have decided to leave 2 of the games as they are, and re-make only 1. The same teams will be used, with TLW selecting a replacement for their banned player. The game number has been updated to the original post.

I hope this will put an end to the bickering and we can get back to our close war.

Good luck!

-jig

Postby slickstick on Tue May 31, 2011 11:42 pm

jigger1986 wrote:Ive re-made the Feudal Epic game. It seems TLW left the choice in the hands of GR, and we have decided to leave 2 of the games as they are, and re-make only 1. The same teams will be used, with TLW selecting a replacement for their banned player. The game number has been updated to the original post.

I hope this will put an end to the bickering and we can get back to our close war.

Good luck!

-jig

Thank you GR we accept and thank you for your understanding.

Come guys lets carry on in the spirit that this is supposed to be contested in.

Slick
Sergeant 1st Class slickstick

Postby soundman on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:29 am

slickstick wrote:
jigger1986 wrote:Ive re-made the Feudal Epic game. It seems TLW left the choice in the hands of GR, and we have decided to leave 2 of the games as they are, and re-make only 1. The same teams will be used, with TLW selecting a replacement for their banned player. The game number has been updated to the original post.

Good luck!

-jig

Thank you GR we accept and thank you for your understanding.

Come guys lets carry on in the spirit that this is supposed to be contested in.

Slick

Have fun and good luck!
Lieutenant soundman

Re: GR(11) vs. TLW(9) of 61 [Round 2]

Postby nibotha on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:51 pm

I haven't looked into this 1 too closely, but I (nibotha), member of TLW, think that losing a player because he violated the rules is not an advantage, but a disadvantage, if we still won a game with mightor in it, it should stand, if we lost 1 with him in it, because of a disadvantaged caused by 1 of our members, so be it, let me take this opportunity to point out that it was thanks to mightor you guys won the crossword game our clans were involved in - we had a bonus and a clear advantage, but he ignored the log and missed a turn - no complaints - he lossed us that game and by violating the rules, he may (I have not looked at the games in question) have cost us more...
however, if we won a game with a player booted for violating the rules, I think that win should stand and disagree with jigger1986 that it should be replyed...
nibs
Colonel nibotha

Postby jigger1986 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:08 pm

"Nibs",

I think you are mixing up your wars. The Reapers did not play a crossword game, you are thinking of your war against MM. While some would argue losing a player mid game is not an advantage I would have to disagree. It is neither a direct advantage or disadvantage and depends on the circumstances and game play. Mightor was in 3 games before he was kicked out. (keep in mind all of this has been resolved by myself and your clan leaders, so I have no idea why you continue to bring it up)

The first game (New World). The Reapers already has this game wrapped up when he was removed. Him being eliminated and his troops passing to the next player made no difference, so the game stands as a GR win.

The second game(Austerlitz). Perhaps a bit controversial as (to the best of my knowledge) GR has been undefeated on this map in the last 5 clan wars. Looking closely through the game log, myself and Slickstick have determined that in this case losing Mightor did not give TLW an advantage, and therefore the game stands as a TLW win.

The third game(Feudal Epic). This is the only game of three that is being re-played. After reading the log it is clear that the TLW team was given the same bonus twice in 1 round due to a player being removed. We feel its only fair to have this game re-played, using the same settings and teams (almost) to determine a winner.

Nib, I can understand you dont agree with my standpoint on this, but I can assume you, you would feel differently if the shoe was on the other foot. The fact of the matter is that even your clan leadership have agreed to the solution I proposed, even if they dont agree with it 100%. In fact, TLW "manned up" and said we could take all 3 games as forfeits, but The Reapers dont want to win that way, and agreed to a minimalist 1 game re-play solution. I think both sides are happy with this ad agree that is it the most fair option available.

I hope this puts and end to this discussion here, again I wish TLW good luck in the rest of the war.

-jig

Postby TheMissionary on Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:24 pm

nibotha wrote:I haven't looked into this 1 too closely, but I (nibotha), member of TLW, think that losing a player because he violated the rules is not an advantage, but a disadvantage, if we still won a game with mightor in it, it should stand, if we lost 1 with him in it, because of a disadvantaged caused by 1 of our members, so be it, let me take this opportunity to point out that it was thanks to mightor you guys won the crossword game our clans were involved in - we had a bonus and a clear advantage, but he ignored the log and missed a turn - no complaints - he lossed us that game and by violating the rules, he may (I have not looked at the games in question) have cost us more...
however, if we won a game with a player booted for violating the rules, I think that win should stand and disagree with jigger1986 that it should be replyed...
nibs

Game 8975968
2011-05-16 18:54:25 - TheMissionary eliminated Mightor from the game

Looks like you didn't lose because he was kicked out for violating the rules. I only know of one game I was in that Mightor was kicked out of, and it did lop side the game. I did nag a bit, but due to history; I didn't make it a big deal.

Sorry for hijacking your thread for a moment, just wanted to clarify things. Carry on.
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby YoBFelip on Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:31 am

spicyblue wrote:
phillipm wrote:

Thank you.

9125610 it's over, love the game, hate the player

Postby spicyblue on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:00 am

phillipm wrote:
spicyblue wrote:
phillipm wrote:

Thank you.

9125610 it's over, love the game, hate the player

2011-06-01 23:42:09 - whakamole: so commenting on that doesn't reflect much intelligence to me
2011-06-01 23:42:20 - whakamole: legitimate complaint perhaps, but we've all been there
2011-06-01 23:42:39 - whakamole: i know it sucks, but especially with escalating spoils theres plenty of room to make a game of it

So, you can sympathize with my complaint but feel you're justified to reticule me for complaining in the first place. Can't see this game was won in the first two rounds (escalating spoils or not)? Believe me, I've won hundreds of games that were over in Round 1 or 2 because we clearly had better rolls (and I know this with our without the new Dice Stats tool). The only way we could have come back from that was if you guys made a mistake (and I know you're all better than that) or if we got really lucky in the end (which is something I never bet on.

It's not even that big of a deal, my by whole beef isn't about the unlucky dice... it's your pompous, holier-than-thou attitude that get's me. You claim that you weren't insulting my intelligence, than you make a comment that blatantly insults my intelligence? The example I quoted was losing 3 attackers to a single defender which is a 2% chance (yes, still a chance) which was immediately followed by a round where I rolled 3 double defenses in a row (which I think is between 2-3%, so slightly better than a single defender, but not much). So, I complained about the dice? THAT makes me an ignorant asshole?

You can't win with any class and on top of that you insult my intelligence and call me the ass?

Game 9146139 - here's an example of what I'm talking about:

2011-06-02 07:56:40 - Riskier Than You: haha i had a much much better drop
2011-06-02 07:56:44 - Riskier Than You: there was nothing you could do

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All this bitching and moaning aside I hope we can continue this battle in a civil manner and put Game 9125610 behind us. In regards to the Mightor incident I'm very happy with the result (i.e. replaying one of the three games in question). I really do appreciate the fact that we're not forfeiting all of those games and that we're letting the results of two of them stand... I anticipate this to be a close war (shit, did I just jinx us?), so I wouldn't want the outcome to be because one of our members is a multi.

Just so you guys know, there's a 2%* that a member of your clan is a multi and will be banned from CC. Yes this is a very small chance, BUT THERE IS A CHANCE. While whakamole will have absolutely no pity for you... you definitely have mine. Seriously... if this situation every happened to you guys I'll throw my support behind you... we came up with this solution, it isn't perfect, but I think it's fair.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To set the record strait:

I will antagonize you in games... if you get someone angry they tend to make poor decisions and sometimes that's the best way to get back into the game (it has worked for me on several occasions). Maybe this does make me an ass... I really don't care. What happens in the game should stay in the game so let's leave it out of message boards and other bullshit.

*I have absolutely not data to support the 2%, this was intended to be a joke (but all jokes are based on some truth and I honestly would support your clan if you run into a similar situation). However, I can and DO calculate probabilities and take great offense to those who imply that I don't. Whakamole, yes I have been picking on you, but you did thought (most likely still think), implied and blatantly stated that I am an idiot - so I chose to fire back. I hope I didn't rile your feathers too badly (that was not my intent). Think what you want of me, but don't call me an idiot.

Farm the Farmers
Major spicyblue

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:34 pm

spicyblue wrote:What happens in the game should stay in the game so let's leave it out of message boards and other bullshit.

Especially for this games chat, I agree with this statement. Let it go, and I am speaking to both clans involved, as both a member, and as a leader of The Grim Reapers. Things got a bit heated in the game, it happens. Lets not let it ruin a perfectly good war thread by arguing back and forth :)

Instead, lets battle it out in the games and see who comes out as the victor! =D>
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby spicyblue on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:06 am

iamkoolerthanu wrote:
spicyblue wrote:What happens in the game should stay in the game so let's leave it out of message boards and other bullshit.

Especially for this games chat, I agree with this statement. Let it go, and I am speaking to both clans involved, as both a member, and as a leader of The Grim Reapers. Things got a bit heated in the game, it happens. Lets not let it ruin a perfectly good war thread by arguing back and forth :)

Instead, lets battle it out in the games and see who comes out as the victor! =D>

Thanks kooker than you (in my case that might actually be true). Only last word the set the record strait... and I'm not trying to suck up (I think I've made it clear I don't care what people think of me, but I do want to say this). You guys played well... yes, I think you were handed the game in the first couple of rounds (and admittedly I've had many games handed to me in the same manor), but games are won in the 9th inning (or 4th quarter or whatever other cheesy sports analogy you want to make) and a hot start does not ensure victory. You guys played it exactly the way we would have played it if the shoe was on the other foot... and I would expect no less (which makes it more frustrating when the dice go south).

Farm the Farmers
Major spicyblue

Re: GR(15) vs. TLW(10) of 61 [Round 2]

Postby YoBFelip on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:29 pm

blue, give it up, no more last words, hell u even posted in the game (that's over) today, more last words. get a clue

Re: GR(17) vs. TLW(10) of 61 [Round 2]

Postby whakamole on Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:32 am

I said nothing about your intelligence, spicy, until after you insisted that I had insulted it. I said "something random happened!" which prompted you to flip. If you take that as an offense, that's what I was sympathizing with at the end of the game.

The game's over, I'm past it. I don't like people who complain about dice and I doubly dislike people who get uber-defensive when I point out that SHIT HAPPENS especially on this site. Sad and lonely as we all may feel sometimes, and I've been there too, the reality is you're not the only one, it happens to everyone, and it will happen to you again, and again, and again, just like it'll happen to me again, and again, and again, so there's not much use in bitching about it and blaming the loss on it, as far as I'm concerned.

Other people may feel differently, and they are fully entitled too. But I think I'm also entitled to say "yes, something random happened" when I feel it appropriate.

Best of luck to both sides here on out and I won't be commenting on the matter any more.
Sergeant whakamole

Re: GR(20) vs. TLW(12) of 61 [Round 3]

Postby jigger1986 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:12 pm

round 3 games have been made and added to op, gl TLW

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:30 pm

GL guys! :)
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby jigger1986 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:44 pm

D'oh, we should have done the quads in round 1.

Re: GR(30) vs. TLW(20) of 61 [Round 3]

Postby Djfireside on Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:03 pm

Its alright everything looks to be wrapping up alright for the standings.
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Re: GR(31) vs. TLW(20) of 61 [Reapers Win]

Postby jigger1986 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:57 am

With a win on Imperium Romanium the Reapers have taken their 31st win and clinched a victory in this war.
Thanks to TLW for the challenge, it was a great war and I wish you luck in your future wars.

Postby slickstick on Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:42 am

Congratulations Reapers you kicked our ass in this one, well played, and also good luck in all future wars.
Sergeant 1st Class slickstick

Postby jigger1986 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:44 am

Thanks Slick, we had a big lead going into the third round where you guys narrowed the gap quite a bit. I think if this were an 80 game war we would really be in some trouble.

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:34 am

slickstick wrote:Congratulations Reapers you kicked our ass in this one, well played, and also good luck in all future wars.

Thanks Slick. It was a fun battle with you guys, good luck in the future.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges