Conquer Club

Random League V - Winners: One Step Ahead [COMPLETE]

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Random League V - Round 9

Postby IcePack on Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:53 am

I think your last comment pretty much sums it up. "Time dependent".
Some of us have a lot more time than others. If you only have a little time, you're going to use it where you see it benefits you and your clan the most.

If the top two events aren't "required" I don't really see side events becoming mandatory.
This is after all, a site people play for fun and not paid like sports teams etc

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby willedtowin1 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:09 am

most recent Random League V
Clans (2 year rank)
1. FOED 10
2. FaD 37
3. HH 24
4. VVV 35
5. FALL 8
6. OSA 7
7. PHNX 25
8. MD 15
9. RET 14
10. ACE 3

Last year Random League IV
Clans (2 year rank)
HH - 24
PIG - 17
The Fallen- 8
VVV -35
OSA - 7
ACE - 3
LOW - 12
G1 - 21
RET -14
FOED - 10
AFOS - 26
ATL - 19

Random League III
DYNASTY-HOWITZERHAL
Spelunkers of Hell-sempaispellcheck
HH-Keefie
FOED-uckuki
PIG-Ir1sh Ace
TNC-TheCrown
OSA-benga
G1-Gilligan
TFFS-shoop76
Man D.-ViperOverLord
Imperial Dragoons-perchorin
WAR-Kingm
Retribution-therealdeal_37
TOFU-Dako
FISO-Vid_FISO
MB-bragsie
LoW-Crazyirishman

Random League II

OSA-benga
FOED-uckuki
HH-Contact: joeaggie98, johnny dickshot/gamemaker: joeaggie98
TNC-mcshanester29
MD-deantursx
MB-bragsie
TFFS-shoop76
DYNASTY

Random League 1

One Step Ahead - OSA - benga
Mythology - Myth - Bleed_Green
Igni Ferroque - IGNI - Skillfusniper33
Pig Renters - PIG - jasholz
The New Crusade - TNC - tokle
Dynasty - WPBRJ
Manifest Destiny - ViperOverLord
FOED - danryan
Last edited by willedtowin1 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby willedtowin1 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:11 am

IcePack wrote:I think your last comment pretty much sums it up. "Time dependent".
Some of us have a lot more time than others. If you only have a little time, you're going to use it where you see it benefits you and your clan the most.

If the top two events aren't "required" I don't really see side events becoming mandatory.
This is after all, a site people play for fun and not paid like sports teams etc

Gift wrap it how you want Mr Ice :)
but just sayin.......... It would be nice

Random maps (again IMO) are a good challenge for the top clans.
It keeps them from picking their comfortable maps that they play all the time,
and that they tend to have an opportunity to dominate.
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby IcePack on Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:25 pm

willedtowin1 wrote:
IcePack wrote:I think your last comment pretty much sums it up. "Time dependent".

Gift wrap it how you want Mr Ice :)
but just sayin.......... It would be nice

Random maps (again IMO) are a good challenge for the top clans.
It keeps them from picking their comfortable maps that they play all the time,
and that they tend to have an opportunity to dominate.

Yeah I agree, we participate in random. But a requirement is a whole new level.
There have been some top clans though if you look at their rank at the time the event started.
Random League 3 had several

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:14 pm

I agree with IcePack, it isn't just possible for everyone to play everything.
For example my clan, LHDD is playing CC5, CL, and RC at the same time, and some of ours members already found this was too much and only want to make two events next year. I don't see how we could have play the RL in addition.
If we were to alternate Conquer Cup/Random Cup, Clan League/Random League, I am pretty sure more clans, and more high ranked clan would be playing the random league.
As it is now they decide to make choice, and Clan league is more attractive than Random league, but this is true for all clans, not only high ranked clan, you just have more clans in the clan league that in the random league.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby The_Samurai on Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:43 am

It looks like RET will finish 4th, with equal amount of points as FALL :)

Increasing the number of games to 16 per match to align it to the Clan League may be a good idea.
Best rank: Brigadier - ranked #45 | high score 3306 | 6 August 2015
Proud member of The Republic clan, and Co-leader of FBRD tribe
Major The_Samurai

Postby willedtowin1 on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:13 am

Donelladan wrote:I agree with IcePack, it isn't just possible for everyone to play everything.
For example my clan, LHDD is playing CC5, CL, and RC at the same time, and some of ours members already found this was too much and only want to make two events next year. I don't see how we could have play the RL in addition.
If we were to alternate Conquer Cup/Random Cup, Clan League/Random League, I am pretty sure more clans, and more high ranked clan would be playing the random league.
As it is now they decide to make choice, and Clan league is more attractive than Random league, but this is true for all clans, not only high ranked clan, you just have more clans in the clan league that in the random league.

Ya Donn....
I understand and agree.
I mainly wanted this to be debated .
Just would like to see the top clans playing more vs lower ranked clans
to get a better balance of play I suppose.............
Gives the lower ranked clans more opportunity.....and make the higher ranked clans play more risky games.

Wishful thinking I'm sure 8-[
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby uckuki on Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:23 pm

I would like tougher opposition, though some clans are picky as to who/when
they fight. for the most part it's the same line up. ACE has played last two seasons,
maybe that might persuade some of the others that we are not a bogeyman. :)
also, there are several new clans on the scene; we can surely get some of them to join.
10 clans works ok, but it would be nicer if we can get 12 or 14.

I doubt we can change picky clans. it would have to come from inside, rather than
outside pressure. compelling clans to play doesn't seem a good idea - it gotta be fun first.
making it mandatory would just kill the fun factor. maybe the increased number of games
does the trick. with more games to play the quality factor will play bigger role. though,
for control freaks random map just doesn't look like a good fit. :D
Major uckuki

Postby willedtowin1 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:02 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBFZdYW ... re=related

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You ROCK OSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby Nicky15 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:10 pm

Sorry to get your hopes up FOED :lol: WTG OSA!

In regards to time clans have. I completely agree we can't do everything. BUT out of all the Clan wars/tourneys/leagues I have ever organised for my clan this has been by far the easiest. It's incredibly simple. Just create 6 games every two weeks. No posting no anything, just create and join. Takes 5 minutes. Nothing like the Clan League which I found a burden with all the deadlines, forfeits, rules, posting, reposting. RL is easy going. Everyone should be able to find time for it.

Thanks for Organising uckuki
Major Nicky15

Postby betiko on Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:07 pm

uckuki wrote:I would like tougher opposition, though some clans are picky as to who/when
they fight. for the most part it's the same line up. ACE has played last two seasons,
maybe that might persuade some of the others that we are not a bogeyman. :)
also, there are several new clans on the scene; we can surely get some of them to join.
10 clans works ok, but it would be nicer if we can get 12 or 14.

I doubt we can change picky clans. it would have to come from inside, rather than
outside pressure. compelling clans to play doesn't seem a good idea - it gotta be fun first.
making it mandatory would just kill the fun factor. maybe the increased number of games
does the trick. with more games to play the quality factor will play bigger role. though,
for control freaks random map just doesn't look like a good fit. :D

Well this season we ve been involved in cl6, cc5 and the random cup, still alive in all competitions at this point. Honestly, that s already a lot, more than this it would be a burden. Also, playing 2 leagues at the same time is kind of redundant imo. We already have the random cup for the randomness...
Other than this, I personally love to be able to schedule casual wars once in a while, too many competitions make it pretty impossible.
I see a lot of clans have participated in the random league and clan league, but i doubt that clans other than foed have registered to the cl6, rl5, rc1 and cc5... That s a lot to chew!
Major betiko

Postby Keefie on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:57 am

betiko wrote:I see a lot of clans have participated in the random league and clan league, but i doubt that clans other than foed have registered to the cl6, rl5, rc1 and cc5... That s a lot to chew!

HH did.
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby The_Samurai on Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:34 am

RET did too.

Keefie wrote:
betiko wrote:I see a lot of clans have participated in the random league and clan league, but i doubt that clans other than foed have registered to the cl6, rl5, rc1 and cc5... That s a lot to chew!

HH did.
Best rank: Brigadier - ranked #45 | high score 3306 | 6 August 2015
Proud member of The Republic clan, and Co-leader of FBRD tribe
Major The_Samurai

Postby Leehar on Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:45 am

To go in another direction, having less games in a set, could exclude results from any rankings, and might entice (higher-ranked) clans to join that way?
It would just be less about who is better than who, and just plain and simple enjoying some light-hearted games? It would also be less games, so less pressure from a game-load (so that the higher clans need less people to participate) & intensity perspective to have 'unranked' clan games. Perhaps there will still be some people that still hold each game as a life-and-death battle, and won't play, and maybe others who will still care about their personal points, but hopefully there will be others still willing to mix it up a bit in a purely random league?

There probably will still be bragging rights attached, but maybe it's better if that's all there is?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby willedtowin1 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:52 am

Can we be declared the winner in the Title post BTW 8-[
or at least be acknowledged :P
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby willedtowin1 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:54 am

Leehar wrote:To go in another direction, having less games in a set, could exclude results from any rankings, and might entice (higher-ranked) clans to join that way?
It would just be less about who is better than who, and just plain and simple enjoying some light-hearted games? It would also be less games, so less pressure from a game-load (so that the higher clans need less people to participate) & intensity perspective to have 'unranked' clan games. Perhaps there will still be some people that still hold each game as a life-and-death battle, and won't play, and maybe others who will still care about their personal points, but hopefully there will be others still willing to mix it up a bit in a purely random league?

There probably will still be bragging rights attached, but maybe it's better if that's all there is?

Maybe CC can add some Juice for the Victor to get more participation???
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby Auger13 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:38 am

seems like it would be easy enough, obviously not just random league but the other big organized clan stuff as well. I would say the more clans that participate the higher the reward.. but something like winning clan players who played at least XXX amount of games get XXX months of premium membership. That would encourage more clans to play, and I know they're already competitive, but it would make them even more so. This is already done in tournaments where the winner will get some type of premium membership so it seems like it could be applied here as well. It would also encourage the top ranked clans (better chances of winning) to participate in the events.
Major Auger13

Postby betiko on Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:49 am

Auger13 wrote:seems like it would be easy enough, obviously not just random league but the other big organized clan stuff as well. I would say the more clans that participate the higher the reward.. but something like winning clan players who played at least XXX amount of games get XXX months of premium membership. That would encourage more clans to play, and I know they're already competitive, but it would make them even more so. This is already done in tournaments where the winner will get some type of premium membership so it seems like it could be applied here as well. It would also encourage the top ranked clans (better chances of winning) to participate in the events.

I don t think it s right to just get a clan war medal when you win a competition... Actually not even this... You win a clan war medal per war, but nothing for the competition. Itself that is actually more of an acheivement. There should be a different type of clan medal for winning a clan competition.
Major betiko

Postby willedtowin1 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:39 am

betiko wrote:
Auger13 wrote:seems like it would be easy enough, obviously not just random league but the other big organized clan stuff as well. I would say the more clans that participate the higher the reward.. but something like winning clan players who played at least XXX amount of games get XXX months of premium membership. That would encourage more clans to play, and I know they're already competitive, but it would make them even more so. This is already done in tournaments where the winner will get some type of premium membership so it seems like it could be applied here as well. It would also encourage the top ranked clans (better chances of winning) to participate in the events.

I don t think it s right to just get a clan war medal when you win a competition... Actually not even this... You win a clan war medal per war, but nothing for the competition. Itself that is actually more of an acheivement. There should be a different type of clan medal for winning a clan competition.

Who said anything about a stinking clan war medal ?
Whoop dee doo......im sure 90% dont even care about no stinkin medal as it is :-s
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby betiko on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:43 am

willedtowin1 wrote:
betiko wrote:

Whoop dee doo......im sure 90% dont even care about no stinkin medal as it is :-s

and why would you care about a 3 month premium worth less than a meal?
Major betiko

Postby willedtowin1 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:56 am

betiko wrote:
willedtowin1 wrote:
betiko wrote:

Was suppose to be a play on "We dont need no stinkin badges"....a funny :)
But ya, a 1-2-3 month premium saves money in the long run Sir.
If you think about it.....it also guarantees I have enough money monthly for a
Happy Meal!
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby Trevor33 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:48 pm

betiko wrote:
willedtowin1 wrote:
betiko wrote:

Of all the things costing less than a subscription you picked a meal to compare with?
Major Trevor33

Postby betiko on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:15 pm

willedtowin1 wrote:
betiko wrote:
willedtowin1 wrote:
betiko wrote:

Was suppose to be a play on "We dont need no stinkin badges"....a funny :)
But ya, a 1-2-3 month premium saves money in the long run Sir.
If you think about it.....it also guarantees I have enough money monthly for a
Happy Meal!

Well the way that I see it is that you play and pay to participate in those year long competitions.. And winning 2-3 month of extra playing isn t that sexy. I d actually enjoy more winning that happy meal you re talking about.
Regarding medals-> just like when you win something in any sport, you like getting a litte cup or medal to materialize your victory and get a souvenir. Nothing wrong with that. Wouldn t it suck if in the olympics no one would get a medal? Maybe it's just me being a materialistic turd!
Major betiko

Postby JPlo64 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:43 pm

betiko wrote:

Good idea!
There should be different levels of clan medals.
maybe a gold, silver and bronze level for different levels of accomplishments.
Major JPlo64

Postby angola on Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:54 am

Nicky15 wrote:Sorry to get your hopes up FOED :lol: WTG OSA!

In regards to time clans have. I completely agree we can't do everything. BUT out of all the Clan wars/tourneys/leagues I have ever organised for my clan this has been by far the easiest. It's incredibly simple. Just create 6 games every two weeks. No posting no anything, just create and join. Takes 5 minutes. Nothing like the Clan League which I found a burden with all the deadlines, forfeits, rules, posting, reposting. RL is easy going. Everyone should be able to find time for it.

Thanks for Organising uckuki

I agree with this (though I thankfully don't have to run this one for ACE [thanks, jj3044!], doing too much as it is).

ACE has enjoyed being in it because it helps diversify our map selection (except when we keep getting the stupid World Cup maps over and over) and it gives us a chance to try different teams, and different settings out.

Thanks for running this uckuki. And congratulations on stealing our crown, OSA.
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Captain angola

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges