Conquer Club

[CC6] Conquerors Cup VI Main Thread - TOFU Win - FALL 2nd

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC6] Main Thread (R3 Decided)

Postby rockfist on Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:32 am

Yup and S&M will want revenge against us for CC5 semi-finals...and we will want revenge against Fallen for the finals...so only if LHDD plays S&M for the final, will there not be a revenge factor to it...
Brigadier rockfist

Postby Donelladan on Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:38 am

And who do you think gonna make it for the final ?
I believe S&M vs LHDD is a likely outcome. :)

Ok I know it's quite hard to tell who's gonna win any of those 2 wars, especially since it's first time confrontation in both case. But I would put my money on S&M. I think they are in top form at the moment.

For the TOFU / LHDD war. Well harder to tell for me. I can tell you LHDD is quite excited by this war. Timing isn't perfect though ( holiday time) - I can only hope it's the same for you.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby IcePack on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:24 pm

There are about 8 people left in the running for predictions. All various combinations of the final 4 / final 2 are represented.

http://challonge.com/CC6/predictions

Looks like I predicted a FALL vs TOFU rematch in the finals

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: [CC6] Main Thread (Round 4)

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:36 pm

Did our loss cause many upsets?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:36 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Did our loss cause many upsets?

6 out of 35 predicted RET to win, so yeah it did lol
But really in the top 10, only 1 predicted RET (osman76) who was able to gain to 3rd place overall.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:08 am

Oh dear.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:22 pm

As we get closer to the finals, this time of year gets more and more exciting for those involved and / or watching the CCup.

My household also gets excited, because recently the Conquerors Cup was placed back in its place on the pedestal as the season winds to a close.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Doc_Brown on Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:50 pm

So you're saying you'll be needing the address of one of the TOFU clan leaders to ship the cup to when we beat you this year, yes? ;)
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby IcePack on Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:00 pm

I still gotta get the names for CC1-5 on there, we will hold onto it an extra year after we win CC6 and then we can talk about you guys getting a chance w it ;)

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:43 pm

Conquer Cup:
CC1 (2011): KORT/S&M (runner up: THOTA)
CC2 (2012): KORT/S&M (runner up: TSM)
CC3 (2013): TOFU (runner up: AFOS)
CC4 (2014): KORT/S&M (runner up: TOFU)
CC5 (2015): FALL (runner up: TOFU)
CC6 (2016):

--------------

I think if FALL & TOFU advances, its the first full rematch for a finals in a competition, for sure for Conquer Cup but maybe for all?

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby betiko on Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:13 am

IcePack wrote:Conquer Cup:
CC6 (2016):

--------------

I think if FALL & TOFU advances, its the first full rematch for a finals in a competition, for sure for Conquer Cup but maybe for all?

well given that lhdd is still in and S&M is out, it's a rematch of last clan league for now with the same 3. Not to mention that last year we lost against you guys in semi finals by 1 game and we were probably the last 3 standing too; don't really remember who tofu was playing and if it went fast (i think it was kort and that tofu had a nice margin)
Major betiko

Postby rockfist on Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:29 am

It was KORT. S&M is in better form than KORT was then, with many good players playing more now. I don't think they are at 100% strength now, but they are closer to 100% now than they were then. S&M of now would give us a much tougher match than last years semis.

Apparently you didn't run out of luck in CL Betiko because this thing is closing up a lot.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby IcePack on Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:22 am

betiko wrote:
IcePack wrote:Conquer Cup:
CC6 (2016):

--------------

well given that lhdd is still in and S&M is out, it's a rematch of last clan league for now with the same 3. Not to mention that last year we lost against you guys in semi finals by 1 game and we were probably the last 3 standing too; don't really remember who tofu was playing and if it went fast (i think it was kort and that tofu had a nice margin)

Yeah these final 3-4 have been last few events now. I haven't ruled out LHDD advancing I was more pointing out / surprised that there hasn't been ever a full repeat of the final two.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: [CC6] Conquerors Cup Main Thread (Round 4)

Postby Donelladan on Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:06 am

Hello, in the first post it was written CC7 would start January 2017, is this still planned this way, or because the final of CC6 didn't start yet, we'll start CC7 later ? If yes, any idea of a starting date ?
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Lindax on Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:29 pm

Donelladan wrote:Hello, in the first post it was written CC7 would start January 2017, is this still planned this way, or because the final of CC6 didn't start yet, we'll start CC7 later ? If yes, any idea of a starting date ?

That is still the plan. And the plan is still make the Conqueror's Cup an event that we can play annually, i.e. preferably within a calendar year.

Planning to post the sign-up thread soon, but first I will open a discussion thread in the CDF forum to address the issue mentioned above. I will do that a.s.a.p.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby rockfist on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:27 pm

I think shave a week off the "negotiating and planning" phase, over five rounds thsts five weeks.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby Doc_Brown on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:19 pm

I'd like to state a few thoughts here (since I'm not in CDF anymore, you won't have to endure my long diatribes in there anymore ;)):
1. As far as I can see, trench had nothing to do with the length of the tournament. Certainly none of TOFU's wars have had the duration dictated by trench settings (neither of the two games that are likely to determine the current war are trench).
2. Most of the wars were exchanged in two batches, and the ones that weren't did not have the duration dictated by the third batch. In TOFU's current war, all of the remaining games were exchanged in the first or second batch anyway. The third batch games are entirely completed.
3. When it comes down to it, when you have closely matched highly competitive clans, wars can take a while to fully decide. You see that in the schedule. The first round started by the end of January. The second round wars all started by early April (~2 weeks behind planned schedule). Third round wars were started by mid June (a month behind plan), and semi-final wars started in September (2 months behind plan). Right now we're looking at a December start for the finals (still 2 months behind schedule).
4. Possibly the start of the two semi-final wars could have been expedited somewhat, but I think the only way to guarantee completion within a calendar year is to limit the competition to 4 rounds (16 clans). Perhaps the way to continue to allow more clans to participate is to hold qualifier wars starting in October of the prior year. A possible concept: You could have an automatic bid to the 4 clans reaching the semi-finals of the previous year, then any other clan ranked in the top 12 can have an automatic spot. The remaining 4 spots would be filled via qualifier wars.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby benga on Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:05 am

Doc_Brown wrote:I'd like to state a few thoughts here (since I'm not in CDF anymore, you won't have to endure my long diatribes in there anymore ;)):
1. As far as I can see, trench had nothing to do with the length of the tournament. Certainly none of TOFU's wars have had the duration dictated by trench settings (neither of the two games that are likely to determine the current war are trench).
2. Most of the wars were exchanged in two batches, and the ones that weren't did not have the duration dictated by the third batch. In TOFU's current war, all of the remaining games were exchanged in the first or second batch anyway. The third batch games are entirely completed.
3. When it comes down to it, when you have closely matched highly competitive clans, wars can take a while to fully decide. You see that in the schedule. The first round started by the end of January. The second round wars all started by early April (~2 weeks behind planned schedule). Third round wars were started by mid June (a month behind plan), and semi-final wars started in September (2 months behind plan). Right now we're looking at a December start for the finals (still 2 months behind schedule).
4. Possibly the start of the two semi-final wars could have been expedited somewhat, but I think the only way to guarantee completion within a calendar year is to limit the competition to 4 rounds (16 clans). Perhaps the way to continue to allow more clans to participate is to hold qualifier wars starting in October of the prior year. A possible concept: You could have an automatic bid to the 4 clans reaching the semi-finals of the previous year, then any other clan ranked in the top 12 can have an automatic spot. The remaining 4 spots would be filled via qualifier wars.

Only thing I am against is the number 4. That would make clans holdig the top 12 not participate in any wars so they hold the spot or possible 'new' clans.
This just isn't beneficiery to clan world. We had 23 clans this year and with this you are making this into an elite competition. I would rather see eligibility won
thru lower bracket on CCup (8 clans) with qualifiers from Mini Cup winners (4 clans).
Sergeant benga

Postby Dako on Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:55 am

benga wrote:Only thing I am against is the number 4. That would make clans holdig the top 12 not participate in any wars so they hold the spot or possible 'new' clans.
This just isn't beneficiery to clan world. We had 23 clans this year and with this you are making this into an elite competition. I would rather see eligibility won
thru lower bracket on CCup (8 clans) with qualifiers from Mini Cup winners (4 clans).

Already now top-12 don't participate in anything but CCup and CL. Maybe 1 or 2 other fun competitions like POLY or RL/RCup. But the load from CCup/CL is more than enough for top clans to handle.
Colonel Dako

Postby rockfist on Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:23 am

I think some, like OSA and RET do other things.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby Dako on Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:47 am

And it also didn't stop TOP from getting to top spot too.
Colonel Dako

Postby benga on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:26 pm

Dako wrote:And it also didn't stop TOP from getting to top spot too.

You are right, but setting it like this we are doomed to soon have no more than 16 clans.
And soon after that less than 10. Even the active clans nowdays have less active members overall.
Guess we will keep it going as long as we can.
Sergeant benga

Postby Keefie on Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:44 am

The Conquerors Cup must remain fully inclusive and open to all clans.
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Donelladan on Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:46 am

Keefie wrote:The Conquerors Cup must remain fully inclusive and open to all clans.

Do you think qualifiers is a bad idea ? I think qualifiers are fine to make the cup faster. they could be played during the half finale and finale, assuming the 4 semi finalist are automatically qualified but no one else. Would be the best idea for me. I like the idea of reducing the cup to 16 clans. And not using F400 to determine the one automacally qualified, as proposed here, but just take the 4 semi finalist.
Colonel Donelladan

Re: [CC6] Conquerors Cup Main Thread (Final starting)

Postby Lindax on Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:35 pm

The semi-finals have been decided. The final war will be FALL vs TOFU

The war will officially start next Sunday, December 11, 2016, when the 7 Week Deadline will begin. We're giving everybody a week off over Christmas, so all games must have started by February 5, 2017.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges