Conquer Club

[POLY] 1st POLY Clan Challenge - FALL Wins 26-15 Final 6/28

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [POLY] 1st POLY Clan Challenge - SIGNUPS [7/?]

Postby Tazzy_J on Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:41 am

The difference is in a clan war because there are multiple players per team everyone gets a good number of games.

In this with only 41 games and 12 people minimum each person will get 3 or 4 games over a 3-4 month period. Personally I don't think people will get into the event with so few games, I know I wouldn't. But that's just my take on it.

In fact more than that if you are only playing 1 game in a batch and you get a bad drop or dice screwed in round 1, then your participation is basically over for 2 months. Series of 5 gives each person a more realistic opportunity to contribute...
Major Tazzy_J

Postby Arama86n on Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:29 am

Tazzy_J wrote:The difference is in a clan war because there are multiple players per team everyone gets a good number of games.

In this with only 41 games and 12 people minimum each person will get 3 or 4 games over a 3-4 month period. Personally I don't think people will get into the event with so few games, I know I wouldn't. But that's just my take on it.

In fact more than that if you are only playing 1 game in a batch and you get a bad drop or dice screwed in round 1, then your participation is basically over for 2 months. Series of 5 gives each person a more realistic opportunity to contribute...

Well TOFU is interested in this, but we would be on the side of the people wanting less games.
Speaking for myself, perhaps it doesn't have to be 1 or 5... but 3?

If you get an 8th today, but would be interested in a 9th perhaps hold this two more days. We are discussing.
And as said above, a lighter game-load is desirable for us.
Major Arama86n

Postby Donelladan on Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:10 am

Tazzy_J wrote:The difference is in a clan war because there are multiple players per team everyone gets a good number of games.

If you change it from best of 5 to best of 1, because each people only get 3-4 games as you said, you can reduce way more the interval between 2 wars.
You would be able to throw the 41 games at once, no need to use 2 or 3 sets like in a regular war, and because it's best of 1, and poly instead of teams so no discussion, I am sure 1 month max should be sufficient to finish a war, I expect less except for some poly (4) trench on USA 2.1 ( or hive/conquer rome etc) but if the war is decided by more than 1 game then it doesn't matter those aren't finish to move forward. Therefore i think it will go much more faster, which is also something expected here.
When I hear fun and quick ( as per OP) I think light game load. In a best of 5 there is much more possibility to have many games being longer, and you may want to use two sets.

Also, if we go for a "best of 1" we can easily increase it to 61 games, even 81. If we don't allow map repetition ( no more than twice as usual), going for 81 games make it much more challenging for a clan ( 40 homes maps) than a best of 5 with 41 games ( 20 home maps) I think. And 81 games, is still less game than a best of (3) on 41 games ( not even speaking a best of 5 on 41...).
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby catnipdreams on Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:35 am

A lighter game load is definitely of interest to TOFU - I'm not the appropriate person to sign TOFU up, but I can say that we have the interest to participate, but have held back due to game load issues.

A couple questions:

Is Random Map allowed? Any restrictions?

Is Trench allowed? Any restrictions?

I am also interested in Unlimited Forts being allowed for the quads games. I'm not too sure about unlimited forts for dubs and trips - does it skew the first turn advantage too much?
Major catnipdreams

Postby josko.ri on Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:02 am

Donelladan wrote:Also, if we go for a "best of 1" we can easily increase it to 61 games, even 81. If we don't allow map repetition ( no more than twice as usual), going for 81 games make it much more challenging for a clan ( 40 homes maps) than a best of 5 with 41 games ( 20 home maps) I think. And 81 games, is still less game than a best of (3) on 41 games ( not even speaking a best of 5 on 41...).

This is the best suggestion I have seen. S&M is also interested to participate but game load is too huge.
Major josko.ri

Postby grt on Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:02 am

I think if it replicated a normal clan war i.e. 7 poly(2) 7 poly(3) 6 poly(4), then I am sure TOFU would definitely be in as well as many other clans. As it currently stands we are still in discussions.
Captain grt

Postby Lindax on Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:49 am

Ok guys, let's give uckuki some time to sift through the proposals/ideas, so he can decide on possible changes in the format.

Uckuki, let me know when you have made up your mind please.

Thanks,

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby uckuki on Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:54 am

wow, those are some interesting proposals.

unlimited forts: although I am not a fan I am ok if we allow it. I just copied
the rule from 1v1 challenge.

random map: I don't think we need any limits or restrictions on random map.

trench: I can go either way here. though, if there are no limits at all, a clan can
technically make it a trench war. limit trench to max 30% of home games?
and I'd leave round limits as optional.

the biggest issue is game load and a way in which series will be played out.
a lot of folk seem to be in favor of classic war structure. anyone has problem with
discarding best of series and moving to a war structure? if not,
we could do it like conquer cup, with increasing number of games:
1st round 41 - 20 + 20 + 1 - 7(2), 7(3), 6(4)
2nd round 47 - 23 + 23 + 1 - 8(2), 8(3), 7(4)
3rd round 53 - 26 + 26 + 1 - 9(2), 9(3), 8(4)
Finals 61 - 30 + 30 + 1 - 10(2), 10(3), 10(4)

we limit the number of players accordingly, where approx 10 players can do the
entire war if needed. e.g. player can play maximum 10% of the entire war?

use the usual map restriction: twice max, different game type?
Colonel uckuki

Postby Keefie on Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:57 am

Best of 3 does it for me.

We have 13 players available for this. That means a game load of between 6 and 12, which is manageable.
Colonel Keefie

Postby Kexor on Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:18 pm

uckuki wrote:use the usual map restriction: twice max, different game type?

I think for this tournament it could be interesting to limit it to different home player as well?
Colonel Kexor

Postby Donelladan on Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:23 pm

uckuki wrote:we could do it like conquer cup, with increasing number of games:
1st round 41 - 20 + 20 + 1 - 7(2), 7(3), 6(4)
2nd round 47 - 23 + 23 + 1 - 8(2), 8(3), 7(4)
3rd round 53 - 26 + 26 + 1 - 9(2), 9(3), 8(4)
Finals 61 - 30 + 30 + 1 - 10(2), 10(3), 10(4)

I think we kind of had a consensus on the end, that if we change from a best of 5 to 1 game, we could/should increase a bit the game load.
Maybe we make an increasing number of games as you prpose, but we start at 61 games and finish at 81 ( or even 101 :twisted: ) ?

1st round 61
2nd round 67
3rd round 73
Finals 81

For example.

But I think a poll could be a good idea. You have 7 clans signed up, and at least 3-4 clans showing interest, using a poll might help finding the solution most people want ?
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby IcePack on Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:32 pm

Keefie wrote:Best of 3 does it for me.

We have 13 players available for this. That means a game load of between 6 and 12, which is manageable.

This.^ as a clan leader:

FALL will play best of 5.
FALL prefers best of 3.
FALL will consider playing if it's 1 game series, but imo that's pretty boring. We might skip it if this is the end.

The interesting part of this event to me was putting series together that was harder for other clans to match up. IE you could do classic, AOR, and conquer Rome (or something) where the challenging was finding one person who could cover the whole set. That made it interesting to me as a war planner.

Single set games are like any other war, just poly. Not as exciting to me.

As a clan director:
If single set games are selected, I would encourage the finals be larger game count or gradual increase. But if the goal is quick and fun id do minor increases, not huge.
But when you contact Lindax he will have all the minimums etc for you if that's the way you choose to go

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:05 pm

IcePack wrote:The interesting part of this event to me was putting series together that was harder for other clans to match up. IE you could do classic, AOR, and conquer Rome (or something) where the challenging was finding one person who could cover the whole set. That made it interesting to me as a war planner.

Either you missunderstood the serie concept or it's me. I thought a serie would be best of 5 on the same map.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby IcePack on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:10 pm

Donelladan wrote:
IcePack wrote:The interesting part of this event to me was putting series together that was harder for other clans to match up. IE you could do classic, AOR, and conquer Rome (or something) where the challenging was finding one person who could cover the whole set. That made it interesting to me as a war planner.

Either you missunderstood the serie concept or it's me. I thought a serie would be best of 5 on the same map.

That's how it is / was for 1vs1. The poly my understanding was different:

Each series will be a best of 5 consisting of 2 POLY(2), 2 POLY(3) and 1 POLY(4). No map repeats in individual sets; No clan map limits

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:13 pm

Doh, if you are right it is indeed a totally different concept, I should have read it more carefully.
From this point of view it become a way more interesting concept to use the series...

I am confused.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby IcePack on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:19 pm

Donelladan wrote:Doh, if you are right it is indeed a totally different concept, I should have read it more carefully.
From this point of view it become a way more interesting concept to use the series...

I am confused.

That's how I read it. Meaning I could do:

Classic
Lux
Conquer Rome

As long as I didn't repeat it. But there's no map restriction for clan as a whole so you (if you were also in my clan) could reuse some:

Classic
Poland
AOR

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Arama86n on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:25 pm

a.) uckuki Is IcePack correct???

b.) regarding Trench: As for Trench, an easy restriction to make is limiting to first set. A bit fuzzy on how many sets we are talking any more though? :)
Major Arama86n

Postby Lindax on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:37 pm

I understand it as Ice does. That's why I suggested to uckuki to use a best of 3 series. I think series are good, best of 5 is just a bit too much.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby catnipdreams on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:39 pm

I find the idea of a series consisting of 3 games (one poly dubs, one poly trips, one poly quads), with three different maps, to be quite appealing. That way, if a player were pressed for time, they could simply play one home series (3 games total), but still have the challenge of figuring out a strange combination of three maps that would cause consternation among their opponents. :twisted:

Five different games per series is also sort of ok for me, but then I am realistically limited to playing only one home series, and maybe one away series - ten games all at once is a lot for me, personally. I do think the challenge of one person having to play a group of different maps as a package deal (i.e. a series) should be kept for this tournament. Maybe three poly dubs, one poly trips, one poly quads? Just to keep the impact lower?
Major catnipdreams

Postby uckuki on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:09 pm

ok, now the pendulum is shifting back to best of series. sheesh, what are we gonna do. a poll,
highest count wins?

poll posted. lets first decide between best of series and classic war set-up.
then we'll decide exact number of games, limits per player, etc.
Colonel uckuki

Postby IcePack on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:16 pm

uckuki wrote:ok, now the pendulum is shifting back to best of series. sheesh, what are we gonna do. a poll,
highest count wins?

poll posted. lets first decide between best of series and classic war set-up.
then we'll decide exact number of games, limits per player, etc.

I think more will like the best of 3 series if you confirm the make up of the series (read above)

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby uckuki on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:25 pm

it would definitely be best of 3 series cause few people like 5.
some people have suggested lowering total number of series, I guess
we can have a vote on that one too.

for example: instead of 41 have 31 series.
each player playing maximum 3 series (home or away).

then we need to figure if we wanna allow repeats per different types of games.
Colonel uckuki

Re: [POLY] 1st POLY Clan Challenge - Discussion

Postby IcePack on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:35 pm

"Poly Package"
Best of 3 series
DTQ
No repeats in individual series
No clan limit for repeats

The only question would be if a player can have 2 series of 3, can he repeat in his series? Or each series from same player must be different maps

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Keefie on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:39 pm

To guaranty one clan / one vote should this poll not be in the CD&F ?
Colonel Keefie

Postby Lindax on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:51 pm

Keefie wrote:To guaranty one clan / one vote should this poll not be in the CD&F ?

Very good point.

[Edit] From reading everything again I don't think a poll is needed. Clans seem fine with best of 3 series.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges