Conquer Club

[CR@W] the Bannermen [Complete] - House of Fire (TOFU) Wins!

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CLAN REALMS at WAR: the Bannermen [Jan 29 Start] [5/?]

Postby celliottii on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:46 am

IcePack,

When exactly is the deadline for clans to enter? Or are you waiting for X number of clans to sign up before the event starts?
Sergeant 1st Class celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby IcePack on Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:18 pm

celliottii wrote:IcePack,

When exactly is the deadline for clans to enter? Or are you waiting for X number of clans to sign up before the event starts?

Unlike most clan events, this doesn't have a hard cut off date. The real answer is, a clan can start at any time as long as they haven't lost their castle yet.
All clans will collect gold, etc every turn regardless of whether or not they "signed up" (thus, there is still gold to be had by taking an enemy castle).

The game starts on Jan 29th, theorectically clans can play anytime. If clans dont sign up before the 29th, I will assign them a random house name (so you'll lose the ability to name your house / castle). However, you can still participate by sending a list of Lords and going whenever. A few turns missed after the 29th probbaly wouldn't hurt you to much, because you are still collecting income etc. You'll just lose the opportunity to explore a few turns worth of the map.

Hope that helps explain it. Ultimately, I would recommend you send info in by the 28th. I'm messaging people etc because I would like to know how many
are planning to participate etc, and if theres extreme inbalances on the map from where I set it up (when I anticipated which clans would / wouldn't participate) and if its extremely different then what I imagined, then I may have to shuffle some clan placements just to even the map out a bit (but wont be shifting any of the participants, just the inactive clans).

Thanks
IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:28 pm

BTW I have two firm confirmations of clans joining, and three firm clans not participating.
There are another 5 who are said they are discussing within their clans, and I'm trying to work with them to help understand / get a grasp of whats planned / expected here.

If all goes well, that puts us at approx 12 right now. Waiting to hear back from more. I'm hoping we get about 18 or so to participate.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:41 pm

The real answer is, a clan can start at any time as long as they haven't lost their castle yet.
All clans will collect gold, etc every turn regardless of whether or not they "signed up" (thus, there is still gold to be had by taking an enemy castle).

WHat happens if I take the castle of a clan that doesn't play ?
I get the castle without fighting and receive all the lord this clan had ? Doesn't seem very fair to me to get easy gold like that.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby IcePack on Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:46 pm

Donelladan wrote:
The real answer is, a clan can start at any time as long as they haven't lost their castle yet.

I get the castle without fighting and receive all the lord this clan had ? Doesn't seem very fair to me to get easy gold like that.

The first step if a clan attacks a Castle of a non participating clans castle is, I will pm the clan.
Sort of a "last chance to join, your castles under attack. all you need to do is play 1 siege game to protect it if you might want to join in the future" sort of PM. Maybe they defend themselves, maybe they dont.

For the clans that dont, I'm trying to find a fair method to determine this. Right now, the working plan (unless I come up with something better) is that I will play the default defense games for any clan that doesn't participate.

So if Clan A attacks, whether its x1 Lord or x3 Lords vs the Castle, I'll just have a bunch of Siege games ongoing. Its the most fair thing I can come up with right now, I'm not a josko or something so taking the Castle won't be impossible, and clans wont be able to grab something just for free.

This way, theres a certain standard (my ability) thats equally challenging for all clans that attack an undefended castle.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:08 pm

TX AG 90 wrote:
I have questions about Initiative and the Action Rounds

1. Will we know our initiative order with respect to the other clans?
2. Since we are all sending in our directions to you at the same time, is it possible our moves are countered by someone with a higher initiative? For example, Lord A sees Lord B and vice versa. Lord A wants to move away from Lord B avoiding contact. However, Lord B has a higher initiative and wants a fight. In that case, would Lord A's retreat be blocked by an attack?
3. If 2 Lords are more than one space away (can't see each other) and move into the same space during the turn, would the Lord with the higher initiative dictate action? Would the team with the higher initiative pick the map if there is a fight? If the team with higher initiative wants to negotiate, but the other Lord wants a fight, does he get to pick the map? If the space between them is on a diagonal, will the Lord with higher initiative get an ambush? What if 3 Lords move into a diagonal at the same time? Will the Lord with the highest initiative automatically ambush the 2nd lord or could he pick (assuming he is at war with everyone).

1. Yes, there will be a google doc link for everyone, that will get updated with the initiative for that round. so, if you know the guy you are hoping to attack has higher iniatitive, you might need to anticipate his movements or change your plans for that turn.
2. Yes, if Lord B has higher initiative and wants to fight, he will get to engage before Lord A's movement with no retreat possible.
3. Higher initiatve would dictate action first, yes. If he chooses to negotiate, then I would probably list it as "engaged" during the negotiation, and then the 2nd lord would get to choose whether or not he will engage in battle with his choice of map etc. (since the 1st intiative was used as negotiation).
If its a diagonal, then yes it wiould be an ambush.
3 Lords diagonal, highest iniatiive goes first. He would choose who to battle if hes willing to war both, if he favors one clan over the other (bannermen etc) then he would just auto go into war with the other.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby rockfist on Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:56 pm

IcePack wrote:

Unlike most clan events, this doesn't have a hard cut off date. The real answer is, a clan can start at any time as long as they haven't lost their castle yet.

The game starts on Jan 29th, theorectically clans can play anytime. If clans dont sign up before the 29th, I will assign them a random house name (so you'll lose the ability to name your house / castle). However, you can still participate by sending a list of Lords and going whenever. A few turns missed after the 29th probbaly wouldn't hurt you to much, because you are still collecting income etc. You'll just lose the opportunity to explore a few turns worth of the map.

Hope that helps explain it. Ultimately, I would recommend you send info in by the 28th. I'm messaging people etc because I would like to know how many
are planning to participate etc, and if theres extreme inbalances on the map from where I set it up (when I anticipated which clans would / wouldn't participate) and if its extremely different then what I imagined, then I may have to shuffle some clan placements just to even the map out a bit (but wont be shifting any of the participants, just the inactive clans).

Thanks
IcePack

If Fallen are attacking an unoccupied Castle, maybe Josko could defend it :D
Brigadier rockfist

Postby IcePack on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:04 pm

rockfist wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Thanks
IcePack

If Fallen are attacking an unoccupied Castle, maybe Josko could defend it :D

In that scenario, I would probably ask Lindax to take the game(s).

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby rockfist on Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:03 pm

makes sense...I guess even a bad joke can provide something useful.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby IcePack on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:14 pm

rockfist wrote:makes sense...I guess even a bad joke can provide something useful.

I figured it was a joke, but since it is a conflict of interest I figured I might as well post the real answer.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TX AG 90 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:58 am

IcePack wrote:
Donelladan wrote:

The first step if a clan attacks a Castle of a non participating clans castle is, I will pm the clan.
Sort of a "last chance to join, your castles under attack. all you need to do is play 1 siege game to protect it if you might want to join in the future" sort of PM. Maybe they defend themselves, maybe they dont.

For the clans that dont, I'm trying to find a fair method to determine this. Right now, the working plan (unless I come up with something better) is that I will play the default defense games for any clan that doesn't participate.

So if Clan A attacks, whether its x1 Lord or x3 Lords vs the Castle, I'll just have a bunch of Siege games ongoing. Its the most fair thing I can come up with right now, I'm not a josko or something so taking the Castle won't be impossible, and clans wont be able to grab something just for free.

This way, theres a certain standard (my ability) thats equally challenging for all clans that attack an undefended castle.

Maybe you can get a volunteer from someone who's clan is not participating, but wants to be involved.
Private TX AG 90

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:15 am

Just want to say this is a great-looking thread and a really creative idea. Much kudos!
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby ViperOverLord on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:44 pm

So, this is not an actual new map?
High Score: #76 3053
Major ViperOverLord

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:28 am

Dukasaur wrote:Just want to say this is a great-looking thread and a really creative idea. Much kudos!

Thanks Duka! Trying to spice things up a bit :)

ViperOverLord wrote:So, this is not an actual new map?

Hmm...not like, a new map in the foundry that will get played on CC - no. At least not for v 1.0
However theres a lot of potential for how this could work in the future. This is more testing the concept, seeing what interest there is,
and how much people enjoy something strange / new compared to the "usual" events.

But, the map that we are playing on is "new" to the site. (IE I haven't taken classic, or something else and created a excel version of it).

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: CLAN REALMS at WAR: the Bannermen [Jan 29 Start] [7/?]

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:42 am

We are at 7 officially signed up. Maps sent out!

Still have 5+/- more expressing interest, and waiting on responses from others.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby ViperOverLord on Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:25 am

IcePack wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:Just want to say this is a great-looking thread and a really creative idea. Much kudos!

Hmm...not like, a new map in the foundry that will get played on CC - no. At least not for v 1.0
However theres a lot of potential for how this could work in the future. This is more testing the concept, seeing what interest there is,
and how much people enjoy something strange / new compared to the "usual" events.

But, the map that we are playing on is "new" to the site. (IE I haven't taken classic, or something else and created a excel version of it).

But it is something that we visually see?
Major ViperOverLord

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:37 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:
IcePack wrote:

But it is something that we visually see?

Yes I've created a Google doc page, that when clans sign up you'll see the map etc.
I think the 4th or 5th post has a spoiler labelled "sample turns" which gives a better idea for this dynamic

2-3 more expressions of interest

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: CLAN REALMS at WAR: the Bannermen [Jan 29 Start] [7/?]

Postby IcePack on Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:42 pm

*Mod Edit

We have another (anonymous) sign up ;)

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: CLAN REALMS at WAR: the Bannermen [Jan 29 Start] [9/?]

Postby IcePack on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:50 pm

Ok, I transfered a lot of the data back to the OP / FAQ. We have two weeks left for sign ups.
I'm waiting on a handful of clans to send me that start up info even though they've said they will be participating.

I will do my best to complete play testing and finalize the OP and victory conditions etc based on my experience. My goal is to have it ready approximately 1 week prior to start, but it might be cutting it a little tighter just because I have a busy weekend planned before this thing gets off the ground.

Either way, I'll make sure everyones questions are answered as best as I can as we head into this! Thanks for all your help, everyone asking those clarifying questions. If I get extra time I'll try to organize the FAQ by catagory (empire, battle, etc) but for now at least its there.

Please remember to send your start up info if you haven't already!

Remember, do should not post this information in PUBLIC. PM it to IcePack. The purpose is to hide your clan and provide a layer of anonymity!

1. Clan Name:
    (Example: FALL)
  2. CR@W Clan Name:
    (Example: House Stark) [This is what you will show up on the tables as for anonymity purposes]
  3. Starting Player Names & CR@W Names (3 required):
    (Example: IcePack = Lord Sleepy, GoranZ = Lord Grumpy, rcfritz = Lord Bashful) [This is what you will show up when other clans / players see you on the map, for anonymity purposes]
  4. CR@W Castle Name:
    (Example: Castle Anthrax) [This is what clans / players will see when they find your starting Castle, so not as to give away your clan name]
  5. Optional: A House / Clan Motto:
    (Examples: In God We Trust; Unity Makes Strength; We Stand Together)

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: CLAN REALMS at WAR: the Bannermen [Jan 29 Start] [10/?]

Postby IcePack on Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:50 pm

Another official sign up completed! A final reminder / PM will go out on Monday to prompt the others who haven't signed up or committed one way or the other etc

Right now we are at:
10 signed up
1 committed to signing up
4 stated researching / inquiring within clan
9 non responses so far
5 no's

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: CLAN REALMS at WAR: the Bannermen [Jan 29 Start] [10/?]

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:26 pm

Bump reminder. I'm back from my weekend away. I will be sending a PM today as a reminder

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: CLAN REALMS at WAR: the Bannermen [Jan 29 Start] [11/?]

Postby IcePack on Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:09 am

Another interested party here. Waiting on a few clarifications / responses still. Hoping the two or three clans can get back to me asap.
Other than that, still a substantial amount of clans unresponsive and hoping to hear something soon.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby rockfist on Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:53 am

General Question, is it necessary to garrison every city or castle to obtain income from it? I understand its necessary to be able to defend it, but if all Lords step off the Castle in the first round does it no-longer earn income?
Brigadier rockfist

Postby IcePack on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:01 am

rockfist wrote:General Question, is it necessary to garrison every city or castle to obtain income from it? I understand its necessary to be able to defend it, but if all Lords step off the Castle in the first round does it no-longer earn income?

Correct, castle and cities must have a garrison in it to be considered "controlled" and to earn income it must be controlled.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges