Conquer Club

[CLX] Premier Division - 1.FALL 2.TOFU 3.FOED (FINAL May 17)

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CLX] Premier Division

Postby Doc_Brown on Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:40 pm

Lindax wrote:First 5 rounds results and bracket updated:

Challonge

Lx

This isn't a huge deal, I'm just trying to make sure I understand all the tie-breaker rules.
Shouldn't Atlantis be 6th behind S&M and TOFU based on the game difference tie-breaker?
1st and 2nd are clear based on score. TOP takes 3rd based on the 1st tie-breaker, S&M and TOFU are tied for 4th based on the first tie-breaker, and ATL comes in 6th.
S&M beats TOFU 2-1 in away set wins to take 4th place over TOFU based on the 5th tie-breaker (both have identical score and identical game difference, and they went 4-4 in both head-to-head matchups, which covers the first four tie-breakers).

Am I understanding this correctly?
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby shoop76 on Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:49 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:

Challonge

Lx

This isn't a huge deal, I'm just trying to make sure I understand all the tie-breaker rules.
Shouldn't Atlantis be 6th behind S&M and TOFU based on the game difference tie-breaker?
1st and 2nd are clear based on score. TOP takes 3rd based on the 1st tie-breaker, S&M and TOFU are tied for 4th based on the first tie-breaker, and ATL comes in 6th.
S&M beats TOFU 2-1 in away set wins to take 4th place over TOFU based on the 5th tie-breaker (both have identical score and identical game difference, and they went 4-4 in both head-to-head matchups, which covers the first four tie-breakers).

That's how I read it too, but can you leave please leave us 4th for now. Don't think many people were expecting us this high. Hopefully we can keep it up.
Colonel shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Lindax on Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:09 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:

Challonge

Lx

I'm sure you're correct in what you say. However, not all matches have completely finished, so not all games are included yet. I guess that's why Challonge is doing what is does? And I don't think they take head-to-head matches into account.

When all is finished I will double-check everything and post the final outcome in the division threads. If I have time I will try and do it earlier. In the meantime I would say don't take the Challonge standings for granted.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby groovysmurf on Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:54 pm

FOED is requesting a 24 hour extension for our round 9 home games, please.
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Lindax on Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:28 am

Granted.

Lx

groovysmurf wrote:FOED is requesting a 24 hour extension for our round 9 home games, please.
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lindax on Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:24 pm

TOFU was granted a 24hr extension for their home games.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lindax on Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:30 am

I know there were some extensions and clan being late. This is the last round, lets get all games filled by 18:00hrs, CC Time, today, and avoid point deductions that can change the outcome of this tournament!

Thanks,

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby benga on Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:25 am

Lindax wrote:I know there were some extensions and clan being late. This is the last round, lets get all games filled by 18:00hrs, CC Time, today, and avoid point deductions that can change the outcome of this tournament!

Thanks,

Lx

OSA would also like the 2nd warning to be erased since you are so forgiving to the other clans. We just don't like being treated differently.
Sergeant benga

Postby Lindax on Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:32 am

benga wrote:
Lindax wrote:I know there were some extensions and clan being late. This is the last round, lets get all games filled by 18:00hrs, CC Time, today, and avoid point deductions that can change the outcome of this tournament!

Thanks,

Lx

OSA would also like the 2nd warning to be erased since you are so forgiving to the other clans. We just don't like being treated differently.

Which clan(s) were we forgiving to?

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby JPlo64 on Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:09 pm

benga wrote:

Thanks,

Lx

Hey Benga,
I don't think you were treated differently... If you have an issue, please elaborate to us in detail.
PM sent.
Best,
JPlo
Major JPlo64

Postby Fewnix on Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:17 am

Don;t know how the other rounds are going but after 5 rounds, we have in the Premier Divison LOW 8th ,OSA 9th and AFOS 10th = posssible candidates for relegation to Second Division? , while in the second division A^ 1st, VDM second and LHDD third possible candidates for promoation to Premier Division?

Something like tha? :?:
Rule 1
show
Private Fewnix

Postby elddir on Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:16 am

Results based on finished games:
Expect A^ and LHDD to get promoted, OSA and AFOS to get relegated with current results.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Fewnix wrote:Don;t know how the other rounds are going but after 5 rounds, we have in the Premier Divison LOW 8th ,OSA 9th and AFOS 10th = posssible candidates for relegation to Second Division? , while in the second division A^ 1st, VDM second and LHDD third possible candidates for promoation to Premier Division?

Something like tha? :?:
General elddir

Postby rockfist on Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:37 pm

I don't think of OSA as a 2nd division clan. I think they will get it together.

LHDD is down in 2nd division because they took a year off.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby IcePack on Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:12 am

rockfist wrote:I don't think of OSA as a 2nd division clan. I think they will get it together.

I also dont "see" OSA as a 2nd Division Clan, unfortunately I think they will drop down there for a year.

Right now I'm projecting:

AFOS (projected 10 points)
OSA (projected 12 points)

As 100% demotions.

SOH & LOW are fighting for their lives in 7th & 8th respectively (potentially also tied with TOP), right now both will have equal points (projected 16 pts) and very close together for game count differential (right now I have projected LOW at -10, and SOH at -9...so SOH would stay in premier with a 1 game buffer currently). Still some games left to decide obviously, so this can shift a little bit. But lots of game results pouring in, and it won't change a lot. TOP isn't fighting for their lives really even though they are tied, because they have a +2 game difference right now, and still have potential to earn an extra 0-5 points while the others aren't expected to earn points).

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby shoop76 on Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:25 am

IcePack wrote:
rockfist wrote:I don't think of OSA as a 2nd division clan. I think they will get it together.

I also dont "see" OSA as a 2nd Division Clan, unfortunately I think they will drop down there for a year.

As 100% demotions.

SOH & LOW are fighting for their lives in 7th & 8th respectively (potentially also tied with TOP), right now both will have equal points (projected 16 pts) and very close together for game count differential (right now I have projected LOW at -10, and SOH at -9...so SOH would stay in premier with a 1 game buffer currently). Still some games left to decide obviously, so this can shift a little bit. But lots of game results pouring in, and it won't change a lot. TOP isn't fighting for their lives really even though they are tied, because they have a +2 game difference right now, and still have potential to earn an extra 0-5 points while the others aren't expected to earn points).

Did you count SOH´s 1 point deduction?
Colonel shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby IcePack on Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:45 am

shoop76 wrote:
IcePack wrote:

As 100% demotions.

Did you count SOH´s 1 point deduction?

Yes

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Lindax on Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:38 pm

First 7 rounds results and bracket updated:

Challonge

Note that not all matches have finished.

The Challonge bracket does not take our tie-breaker rules into account, nor the point deductions from infractions.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lindax on Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:13 pm

First 8 rounds results and bracket updated:

Challonge

Note that not all matches have finished.

The Challonge bracket does not take our tie-breaker rules into account, nor the point deductions from infractions.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby elddir on Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:15 pm

Almost done here.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
by finished games, only a couple of undecided matches left:
TOP vs FOED is 3-4. final game: https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=18905633
TOFU vs FALL is 4-3. final game looks like a TOFU win: https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=18907976
TOP vs TOFU is 3-4. final game: https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=18791607
General elddir

Postby elddir on Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:17 pm

If TOFU wins both of those, I think it's a tie on pts. time to look at tie-breakers!
General elddir

Postby rockfist on Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:59 pm

We’d have to win one more away game vs Fallen to beat them 6-2, which we look good to do and would make us level on GD for the year, and the second tiebreaker is head to head, which we would win based off of. But alas the game vs. TOP does not look good for us so I think Fallen are ok.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby rockfist on Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:25 pm

Yup, Fallen wins CL. Congratulations to them.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:59 pm

=D> =D> =D>
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Fewnix on Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:27 pm

How the mighty have fallen and the Fallen mighty.

CONGRATS to all, looked like a good war.

=D> =D> =D>
Rule 1
show
Private Fewnix

Postby GoranZ on Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:41 pm

Thanks guys... it was interesting league, and we almost slipped at the end :lol:
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges