Conquer Club

[CC9] R4: LHDD (32) vs S&M (23) - LHDD Wins - Final 12/5/19

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC9] Round 4 (Semi-Final) LHDD - S&M

Postby Mad777 on Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:13 pm

MTIceman41 wrote:Back to party at MT’s villa?
I may have a cheating and abuse scandal still open but I make amazing drinks...am pretty damn good looking and know plenty of cool people...lets party and move on. :D

I will take a margarita if you happen to have some :D
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby josko.ri on Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:23 pm

What has happened is behind us and I am also looking forward for a fun war. Therefore, my only hope is that this intentionally leaving turns to better skilled sitters will stop and that we all just enjoy the war, which is indeed filled with tons of great strategic moves from both sides.
Major josko.ri

Postby Mad777 on Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:44 pm

josko.ri wrote:What has happened is behind us and I am also looking forward for a fun war. Therefore, my only hope is that this intentionally leaving turns to better skilled sitters will stop and that we all just enjoy the war, which is indeed filled with tons of great strategic moves from both sides.

Really? That is what you really think about her? You really think LHDD sat her because she didn’t have the required skillset to play this game? Dude you need to consult, believe me you are getting paranoid...
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby MTIceman41 on Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:48 pm

Maybe we all relax at this point...
If this was RL I could tackle and subdue all so let’s be nice.

LHDD has had some suspect sittings.

Your leader Don has busted my balls in a C&A forum that is bogus.

So ya clean up your sitting. Let’s play nice and move on...best clan wins... :D
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby josko.ri on Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:18 pm

Mad777 wrote:
josko.ri wrote:What has happened is behind us and I am also looking forward for a fun war. Therefore, my only hope is that this intentionally leaving turns to better skilled sitters will stop and that we all just enjoy the war, which is indeed filled with tons of great strategic moves from both sides.

Really? That is what you really think about her? You really think LHDD sat her because she didn’t have the required skillset to play this game? Dude you need to consult, believe me you are getting paranoid...

Yeah I think so, maybe not in all 11 sitting cases but in some of them for sure it happened. But as I said, lets move on without repeating of doing the same shady sittings and enjoy the war from both sides. Past doings cannot be changed but we can think how to improve our mutual fun in future.
Major josko.ri

Postby fairman on Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:32 am

Ok I (and hope also my clanmates), accept to move on.
I will remind the sitting rules and understand your interrogation.
Now let's have fun (and hopefully better dice for me).
Subject is closed, please no one put another coin in the jukebox

Nous étions là bien avant les targaryens !!
Brigadier fairman

Postby josko.ri on Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:39 am

fairman wrote:Ok I (and hope also my clanmates), accept to move on.
I will remind the sitting rules and understand your interrogation.
Now let's have fun (and hopefully better dice for me).
Subject is closed, please no one put another coin in the jukebox

Thank you. Just reminder to your clan mates about this particular sitting rule is what I wanted to achieve. Let's have mutual fun in this exciting clan war ;)
Major josko.ri

Postby Conchobar on Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:19 am

Oh Christ not this shit again, josko. Still haven't got a life I see. He tried to pull exactly the same crap against FOED not so long ago.
Back then you were not only offensive but just plain wrong. As we told you at the time, you don't have to take all your turns every time you log in. I usually log in, take the easy ones, then leave any turns that require more thought until later. And maybe sometimes for some people during this intermittent time, shit happens. Of course the sitter should try to contact that player to see if they will take the turn, and wait as long as he/she can, but there are so many variables to this that you are just wasting everyone's time with another pointless crusade. So please, just don't. Whatever happens, this should be a fascinating war and barring any massive disaster FOED will be waiting for the winner with steak-knives sharpened, beer on ice, and sitters at the ready to take all of Robespierre's turns... :D :P :roll:
Colonel Conchobar

Postby niMic on Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:36 am

The matter was over and done with for the people it concerned, but I guess some people from other clans can't help but get involved.
Highest score: 3747
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby josko.ri on Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:56 am

Game 19298480 djelebert is 8 minutes left in Rail SA.
Major josko.ri

Postby Conchobar on Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:51 am

niMic wrote:The matter was over and done with for the people it concerned, but I guess some people from other clans can't help but get involved.

Because we have personal experience of the exact same thing from when josko was desperately trying to stop us from winning CL9.
We also have a vested interest in the outcome of this war, and wouldn't want to see it swayed one way or the other by any pettiness.
Good luck and good gamesmanship to both clans. Now on with the war! =D> \:D/

josko.ri wrote:Game 19298480 djelebert is 8 minutes left in Rail SA.

Well, he tried. #-o :-^
Colonel Conchobar

Postby Donelladan on Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:00 am

niMic wrote:The matter was over and done with for the people it concerned, but I guess some people from other clans can't help but get involved.

Well I think he felt rightly concerned so his intervention makes sense.
Sitting rules obviously raise concern to every clan. And you're not without knowing that FOED might be playing you very soon. ( but we'll do our best to prevent that and therefore we can avoid the same sitting drama being repeated).
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby josko.ri on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:36 am

ZaBeast wrote:
josko.ri wrote:Game 19298475 First blood is S&M, we dont plan to step down from leader spot.

Unfortunately it will stay only a wish. 1-1

We are in the driver's seat again ;)
Major josko.ri

Re: [CC9] Round 4 (Semi-Final) LHDD (3) - S&M (3)

Postby Donelladan on Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:24 pm

I think we're currently tied at 13-13 ( at least 4 games in this could still turn), and two undecided games for the first set.

I'd rather be ahead, but a tie for the 1st set makes it more interesting.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby MTIceman41 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:46 pm

Donelladan wrote:I think we're currently tied at 13-13 ( at least 4 games in this could still turn), and two undecided games for the first set.

I'd rather be ahead, but a tie for the 1st set makes it more interesting.

Agree, both get to 13...sight lean for us at 14, but it’s close

Good battle so far
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby josko.ri on Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:31 am

Is it ethical if a players plays in maximally allowed 20 games and on top of that has more than 5 sittings already, with expected more than 10 sittings during the entire war if the same sitting trend continues?

This is not against rules but question is if this is ethical to contribute to more than maximally allowed 20 games, some by himself as original player and some by others as a sitter.

From my viewpoint this is highly unethical and therefore none of S&M players is even close to maximally allowed 20 games so if some unexpected sittings happens here or there then nobody can tell that the player who sat is overused over the allowed limit in the entire war.

P.S. This is just hypothetical question because as for now no player from either side reached maximal 20 played games.
Major josko.ri

Postby Donelladan on Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:14 am

I might make a longer response later but first I want to say it is really easy for you to "not have any players even close to 20 games" while having one of the largest clans of CC.
And yes I am probably going to reach 20 games, at least for sure 18 or 19. Let's get rid of the hypothetical bullshit in your post, we all know you are talking about me ( and I guess fairman).

So no it is not unethical. I made some emergency sitting I didnt do any long time sitting so it is not even remotely close of me playing more than 20 games.
And there is a reason if I am taking 20 games, it is because I am spending lot of time here on CC, therefore being connected a lot on CC it is just a normal consequence that I am more available for emergency sitting than other players.

You feel free to go ahead and count the sitting I made. And fyi making ONE sitting, in a game that I am not a part of, is not giving us an advantage because I didnt follow the game and dont have time to go through all snaps. Therefore it is quite difficult to know best move. If I was sitting a player in a game from round one then you might have a point but this didnt happen at all.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby josko.ri on Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:41 am

What about sitting in a game where you are part of as a team leader and therefore your idea is strictly enforced by your sitting instead of possibly made different move by the original player?Does sitting in those cases makes you (ethically) overused, if on top of those sittings you will also have maximal 20 games originally played?
Major josko.ri

Postby josko.ri on Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:48 am

If I contributed to multiple games as a sitter then I would at least reduce my own number of games to not be close to allowed maximum as a friendly courtesy to opponents.

But oh well, we all have different ethical standards so some of you might want to contribute more than theoretically allowed maximal contribution. ;)
Major josko.ri

Postby Donelladan on Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:13 am

josko.ri wrote:If I contributed to multiple games as a sitter then I would at least reduce my own number of games to not be close to allowed maximum as a friendly courtesy to opponents.

But oh well, we all have different ethical standards so some of you might want to contribute more than theoretically allowed maximal contribution. ;)

:lol:

You are saying I should reduce my game count because I know I will have to sit players ? But I dont.
You saying that you are doing that only mean you know when you send player A on map A you are going to sit him, that is cheating. Are you doing that ?
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby josko.ri on Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:53 am

Donelladan wrote:
josko.ri wrote:If I contributed...

:lol:

You are saying I should reduce my game count because I know I will have to sit players ? But I dont.
You saying that you are doing that only mean you know when you send player A on map A you are going to sit him, that is cheating. Are you doing that ?

Don't twist my words. I wrote it in past tense (contributed), not in future tense like you are implying (will contribute).

In my comment, I refer to sittings which are already done in set 1, not to (eventual) future sittings that we can never predict. ;)
Major josko.ri

Postby Donelladan on Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:53 am

Did not mean to twist your word that's not my style, just misread you.
I could argue with you, but I don't really care and I think that'd be a waste of time because your mind is set.

Also I completely understand that you feel insecure, facing a higher rank clan is difficult, and we're currently leading.

For those who didn't know, current score 5 to 4 for LHDD, we're ahead !!! 8-) =D> =D>
And we're not planning to give back the lead anymore.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby rockfist on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:58 am

Donelladan wrote:I might make a longer response later but first I want to say it is really easy for you to "not have any players even close to 20 games" while having one of the largest clans of CC.
And yes I am probably going to reach 20 games, at least for sure 18 or 19. Let's get rid of the hypothetical bullshit in your post, we all know you are talking about me ( and I guess fairman).

So no it is not unethical. I made some emergency sitting I didnt do any long time sitting so it is not even remotely close of me playing more than 20 games.
And there is a reason if I am taking 20 games, it is because I am spending lot of time here on CC, therefore being connected a lot on CC it is just a normal consequence that I am more available for emergency sitting than other players.

You feel free to go ahead and count the sitting I made. And fyi making ONE sitting, in a game that I am not a part of, is not giving us an advantage because I didnt follow the game and dont have time to go through all snaps. Therefore it is quite difficult to know best move. If I was sitting a player in a game from round one then you might have a point but this didnt happen at all.

I had to sit a ridiculous number of games in our match against FOED because of unexpected events in people's lives, vacations and general emergencies. I have two people I sit for on vacations and one of them happened to be on vacation at the same time as the person they normally sit for was on vacation so that made it three. I don't think its unethical for someone to do that. I personally felt it was unhealthy for me and for our clan. I did not enjoy it. I think it contributed to us losing. Don and LHDD may have a different experience but that was mine/ours.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby josko.ri on Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:47 am

If I am in situation to cover for a lot of turns, I would do what I consider to be ethical and not play maximal allowed games by myself as a friendly courtesy to opponents.

I think it is loophole in rules that allows this to happen. Turns sat for others should be counted as a portion of your own game count.

Also interesting how Don ignored this straightforward rhetorical question:
josko.ri wrote:What about sitting in a game where you are part of as a team leader and therefore your idea is strictly enforced by your sitting instead of possibly made different move by the original player? Does sitting in those cases makes you (ethically) overused, if on top of those sittings you will also have maximal 20 games originally played?
Major josko.ri

Postby Mad777 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:56 am

So basically Mr josko is able to predict the unpredictable? Let’s say you have everyone booked for your round, round start and suddenly you found 3-4 members having unforeseen issue in RL but you have put yourself into several games not knowing this...with this said you are saying you are putting yourself in low game count to prevent this happen?
Lieutenant Mad777

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges