Conquer Club

[CC12] R3: FALL (17) vs S&M (29) - S&M Wins - Final 12/8/22

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[CC12] R3: FALL (17) vs S&M (29) - S&M Wins - Final 12/8/22

Postby fishydance on Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:11 pm

Terms of War

Contacts:

FALL
Goranz
mc05025

S&M
Josko.ri
fishydance

Layout:
Best of 55, 2 Sets + Tie Breaker

Each clan sends 9 Quadruples, 9 triples, 9 doubles
Tie Breaker: Triples on Classic, sunny, chained, no spoils

Rules:
Only game types allowed are "Teams" (Polymorphic is not considered a team game)
All games must have automatic initial troop deploy (no manual)
All games must be sequential (no freestyle)
All games must have 24 hour round length (no speed)
All spoils are allowed including zombie spoils
All forts are allowed including "no forts"
There will be 30 round limit on all triples and quad trench games and a 50 round limit on doubles trench games
Each map can only be used twice per clan per clan war but can only be used once per game type (dubs/trips/quads)
Beta maps are not allowed
Each clan will pick the map and settings for exactly half of the games
Games will be exchanged in 2 sets
12 Hour Fog Rule will be in effect (Gentleman's/Women's fog rule in effect, no penalty if broken)
New settings that are implemented after the start of the Cup will be excluded from wars
Tiebreaker not included in maximum game count

Schedule:
Set1:
All games exchanged by Sunday September 4, 23.59 CCT
All invites sent by Sunday September 11, 23.59 CCT
4 dubs
5 trips
5 quads

Set2:
All games exchanged by Sunday September 11, 23.59 CCT
All invites sent by Saturday September 17, 23.59 CCT, so that all the games be filled by Sunday September 18 deadline
5 dubs
4 trips
4 quads
Tie-breaker

Link to War Page

Set 1: September 4

Set 2: September 11

Tie-Breaker:
Last edited by fishydance on Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:29 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Re: [CC12] Semifinals: FALL vs S&M

Postby GoranZ on Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:06 pm

FALL accepts the terms
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby rockfist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:24 pm

I say S&M wins this by a narrow margin 29-26.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby GoranZ on Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:50 am

rockfist wrote:I say S&M wins this by a narrow margin 29-26.

They have our R1 games for 10 days, after numerous delays they still haven't filled their home games(the deadline was September 4-th).
This alone gives them huge advantage before we even start.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby fishydance on Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:36 pm

GoranZ wrote:
rockfist wrote:I say S&M wins this by a narrow margin 29-26.

They have our R1 games for 10 days, after numerous delays they still haven't filled their home games(the deadline was September 4-th).
This alone gives them huge advantage before we even start.

We did ask for an extension to exchange the Set 1 games. However, the deadline for filling those games hasn't passed yet. Below is the schedule, which shows that invites are not due for Set 1 until the end of today, and the deadline for filling all games is September 18th. Or did we misunderstand something in our original discussion of the schedule?

Schedule:
Set1:
All games exchanged by Sunday September 4, 23.59 CCT
All invites sent by Sunday September 11, 23.59 CCT
4 dubs
5 trips
5 quads

Set2:
All games exchanged by Sunday September 11, 23.59 CCT
All invites sent by Saturday September 17, 23.59 CCT, so that all the games be filled by Sunday September 18 deadline
5 dubs
4 trips
4 quads
Tie-breaker
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby josko.ri on Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:26 am

I sent invites for all set 1 games (home and away) in less than 7 days since FALL posted their home games in the game making tread (viewtopic.php?f=441&t=196991&start=2625#p5258565).
All sent invites were accepted within the following 24 hours.
Also note, these FALL home set 1 games on the above link were posted in the thread 6 hours later than the exchange deadline.
Therefore, when you point fingers into us that we were late please first ask yourself were you also late?

All what I asked is 3.5 days delay in sending set 1 home games as I was on a business trip, and I sent games within the requested deadline (viewtopic.php?f=441&t=196991&start=2625#p5258917).

However, you didnt agree with extension of our home set 1 just like that, you asked for compensation, on the way that I send set 2 home games earlier than its deadline, which I indeed sent 12 hours before the deadline (viewtopic.php?f=441&t=196991&start=2625#p5259174).
This gave you an additional strategical privilege which you wanted, so that you could see all our set 2 home games before sending your set 2 home games, thus you could somewhat adjust your set 2 home games, which we could not do.

In this moment, more than 7 days passed since I posted set 1 home games, and your invites are not yet sent, which makes you clearly late in filling these games.
Furthermore, your set 2 home games (viewtopic.php?f=441&t=196991&start=2625#p5259297) were sent 1 day and 6 hours after the exchange deadline (ours were sent 12 hours before the deadline, as a compensation for sending late set 1 home), which leaves us less than 6 days instead of full 7 days to fill set 2 games, otherwise we will be late to the ultimate deadline of the 6-weeks period to fill all the games.

I was late to one single deadline and I gave you compensation for being late, as a response to your request to receive that kind of compensation.
FALL was late to multiple deadlines (sending set 1 home, filling set 1 away, sending set 2 home) yet no compensation was offered to us (neither requested by us ever, as we are not that cheap that we need any compensations to win the war).

Dont play the crybaby here, when the late game exchanges occurred more times from your side than from our side.

Have a good war FALL, I estimate we crush you by score of 33-22!
Major josko.ri

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:32 am

josko.ri wrote:(neither requested by us ever, as we are not that cheap that we need any compensations to win the war).

how times change
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby niMic on Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:56 am

Reminds me of the old saying: "times may change, but accounts always stay the same". Well, I guess there are exceptions to everything.
Highest score: 3747
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:17 am

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
Turn and face the strange
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby xroads on Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:18 am

Honestly, everyone knew this war was coming, why wasn't the games ready to be sent well ahead of time?

Away games I can see a delay filling, but no excuse for home games
Major xroads

Postby josko.ri on Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:21 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
josko.ri wrote:(neither requested by us ever, as we are not that cheap that we need any compensations to win the war).

how times change

I think that I already wrote somewhere else in forums that I am very regretful for that one win which we got over TOFU in CCup1 due to strictly following rules which were not written on a good way amd not in fair play spirit. Hovewer, there were many other unsportmanship actions by TOFU at that time that brought us to the point that we decided to accept that decision about following rules as they were. If I can decide again about that, I would decide differently now, but at that time we all in KORT decided on that way due to series of actions from TOFU which led us into that kind of decision. I can only publicly apologize to TOFU.
Major josko.ri

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:21 am

goranz is probably busy reading about the magnificent, illustrious history of Macedonia

takes most people a couple of mins max but he has to go slow
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:22 am

josko.ri wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

how times change

I think that I already wrote somewhere else in forums that I am very regretful for that one win which we got over TOFU in CCup1 due to strictly following rules which were not written on a good way amd not in fair play spirit. Hovewer, there were many other unsportmanship actions by TOFU at that time that brought us to the point that we decided to accept that decision about following rules as they were. If I can decide again about that, I would decide differently now, but at that time we all in KORT decided on that way due to series of actions from TOFU which led us into that kind of decision. I can only publicly apologize to TOFU.

respectable. sorta.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby josko.ri on Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:22 am

xroads wrote:Away games I can see a delay filling, but no excuse for home games

Why would filling away games in more than 7 days than the deadline be lower infraction than being late sending home games?
Major josko.ri

Postby xroads on Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:33 am

josko.ri wrote:

Why would filling away games in more than 7 days than the deadline be lower infraction than being late sending home games?

Because home games should be set well in advance, but lets say you were traveling on business or sick, you may need a little extra time to fill away games
Major xroads

Postby josko.ri on Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:07 am

xroads wrote:
josko.ri wrote:

Because home games should be set well in advance, but lets say you were traveling on business or sick, you may need a little extra time to fill away games

What about when I was travelling on business when the deadline for home games appeared? How is it different than traveling on business when the deadline for away games appeared?

Regardless of what is your answer, FALL posted their home games inboth set 1 and set 2 later than deadline
Major josko.ri

Postby niMic on Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:50 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
Turn and face the strange

Uncontroversial opinion: Shrek 2 was a masterpiece.
Highest score: 3747
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby rockfist on Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:02 pm

josko.ri wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

how times change

I'll accept his apology on behalf of TOFU even though I wasn't present for that war and agree to move on. I can acknowledge that there was obnoxious behavior in that war (on each side) - and since I'm stubborn and I wanted to get my own take on it, I actually read through every public comment made during that war and in the war thread (I'll fully admit that I did not have any access to PM's). I don't think this needs to be discussed every year. There is no bad blood remaining over that.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby Shannon Apple on Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:18 pm

While josko was away, he was getting set of games ready and I asked him to remove me as team leader or move my games to set 2 as I had Covid symptoms and feeling really sick. I'm feeling better since yesterday, but thought games would start sooner. He had to find replacement games, so I definitely caused him a bit of bother, even if that was within the confines of the extension he asked for due to being on the trip.

Things happen, and I don't think anyone gets any advantages over these kind of situations. It's kinda crazy how people think "oh you got an advantage because you got an extension." I wouldn't say scrambling to fill games and contact players is advantageous in any way. :lol:

There was a certain player years ago (nothing to do with FALL clan) that used to say things like "Oh Josko has a second set of games waiting until he sees what we have ready." No feckin way. I was even the MoW in that war. It's hard enough to get one set ready and get the players to fill the games. :lol: KoRT/S&M never pulled crap like that. But some fanatical people think that's how it all works behind the scenes and we have time to go making multiple sets of games. They're too much! :lol:

Anyway, best of luck to Fall.
Last edited by Shannon Apple on Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:21 pm

rockfist wrote:
josko.ri wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

how times change

I'll accept his apology on behalf of TOFU even though I wasn't present for that war and agree to move on. I can acknowledge that there was obnoxious behavior in that war (on each side) - and since I'm stubborn and I wanted to get my own take on it, I actually read through every public comment made during that war and in the war thread (I'll fully admit that I did not have any access to PM's). I don't think this needs to be discussed every year. There is no bad blood remaining over that.

you're no fun at all
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby fishydance on Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:42 pm

rockfist wrote:
josko.ri wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

how times change

Thank you! I concur that on the our side there is no bad blood remaining. Just respect
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby josko.ri on Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:08 pm

fishydance wrote:
rockfist wrote:
josko.ri wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

how times change

Thank you! I concur that on the our side there is no bad blood remaining. Just respect

After that war some TOFU players left the site out of disappointment (Shatners Bassoon, Velvecarrots and The Bro came to my memory at a first glance) which was huge loss to TOFU and for the site in general. Velvecarrots was the best strategist I ever played on this site. I deeply regret all that happened in that war but cannot anymore change the past. Thank you for accepting our sincere apologize.
Major josko.ri

Postby josko.ri on Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:32 am

Major josko.ri

Postby GoranZ on Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:14 pm

xroads wrote:Honestly, everyone knew this war was coming, why wasn't the games ready to be sent well ahead of time?

On purpose of course.

Why someone wouldn't fill home games after they are created?
On purpose again.

Not filling home games on purpose seems to try to give opponent team less time to set up their teams.

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby MTIceman41 on Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:21 pm

GoranZ wrote:
xroads wrote:Honestly, everyone knew this war was coming, why wasn't the games ready to be sent well ahead of time?

On purpose of course.

Why someone wouldn't fill home games after they are created?
On purpose again.

Not filling home games on purpose seems to try to give opponent team less time to set up their teams.

Davekettering would never do this…
That being said RL you guys pulled some of this too…that messed up our timing.
I get cup is bigger then RL you guys did similar…maps unknown vs known is different I get that
Brigadier MTIceman41

Next

Return to Complete Challenges