Conquer Club

[CC12] R3: A^ (29) vs ATL (26) - A^ Wins - Final 1/14/23

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[CC12] R3: A^ (29) vs ATL (26) - A^ Wins - Final 1/14/23

Postby groovysmurf on Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:44 pm

CCXII Round Three - A^ vs ATL

55 Game War
18 Doubles, 18 Triples, 18 Quadruples and a Tie-breaker game

Clan War Page

Contacts
A^
ATL

Schedule and Round Breakdown
Two rounds - Round 1 to be exchanged by October 5th and Round 2 to be exchanged by October 26th.
Clans will have 1 week to fill games (both home and away).

• Round One - 5 Dubs + 4 Trips + 5 Quads chosen by each clan
    Round Two - 4 Dubs + 5 Trips + 4 Quads chosen by each clan + Tie-breaker (Trips Classic, no spoils, chained, sunny created by A^)

War Terms
  • NO manual, freestyle, speed, beta maps, zombie or "no reinforcements"
  • NO limit on number of trench games
  • 30 round limit on trench games
  • Each map can only be used twice per clan and only once per game type (dubs/trips/quads)
  • Each clan member can participate in a max of 20 games (excluding tie-breaker)
  • 12-hour fog of war rule is in effect (Meaning BOTH teams must wait 12 hours in fog games unless indicated that a snap has been taken) - Details to be provided before turn of next player if broken, or game re-made
  • New settings that are implemented after the start of the Cup will be excluded from wars

Games
show: Round One

show: Round Two
Last edited by groovysmurf on Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Major groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Re: [CC12] Round 3: A^ (0) vs ATL (0)

Postby Tin Trumpet on Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:30 am

ATL accept the terms. Good luck guys
Colonel Tin Trumpet

Postby groovysmurf on Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:17 am

Thank you. Good luck to you as well! :)

show
Major groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby elddir on Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:27 pm

CHEERS AND GL!!

(also, big props to Groovy for setting up the page and itake for the sweet graphic!!)
General elddir

Postby queen victorious on Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:50 am

elddir wrote:CHEERS AND GL!!

(also, big props to Groovy for setting up the page and itake for the sweet graphic!!)

hear, hear! very classy; well done! =D>
and congrats to A^ and ATL both for making the semifinals for the first time! here's to an exciting battle!
General queen victorious

Postby rockfist on Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:29 am

I'd like to see a close hard fought war here and it would be nice to see ATL pull through, but my gut tells me A^ by a large margin. 33-22.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby *Pixar* on Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:39 am

Go Atlantis!
Colonel *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Heads or tails on Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:45 am

Let's Rock!
Colonel Heads or tails

Re: [CC12] Round 3: A^ (7) vs ATL (3)

Postby rockfist on Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:05 am

Any predictions or thoughts yet?
Brigadier rockfist

Postby Caymanmew on Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:30 pm

rockfist wrote:Any predictions or thoughts yet?

From the outside, looking like a really close war! I scored the first set 13-13, 2 even a few days ago. Very interested to see how set two turns out.
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby josko.ri on Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:38 pm

Caymanmew wrote:

From the outside, looking like a really close war! I scored the first set 13-13, 2 even a few days ago. Very interested to see how set two turns out.

ATL rose up so much after you left the clan ;)
Major josko.ri

Postby Caymanmew on Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:49 pm

josko.ri wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:

Yep, they have done amazing. I am very happy for them. :D

I hope they can pull off a win here and go on to win CC12. They are a great group of people, skilled, dedicated, but most importantly fun and kind. The core players have been through so much over the years, hard times where ATL struggled, then steadily improving, meeting goals, and building up the status of the clan. So awesome they get to complete at the top now. They totally deserve it for all the time they have put in over the many years.
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby fishydance on Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:27 pm

Caymanmew wrote:
josko.ri wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:

I hope they can pull off a win here and go on to win CC12. They are a great group of people, skilled, dedicated, but most importantly fun and kind. The core players have been through so much over the years, hard times where ATL struggled, then steadily improving, meeting goals, and building up the status of the clan. So awesome they get to complete at the top now. They totally deserve it for all the time they have put in over the many years.

If they continue as they have been playing recently, they have a shot at it.
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby shoop76 on Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:27 am

Caymanmew wrote:
josko.ri wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:

Think that is a little low Josko. I think at time Atlantis survived when Cayman was in charge. We added a lot of solid players in his time but could never get that big win to get us over the hump. Cayman, besides being a great in game tactician, was also great in organizing us for wars, etc.

Our record of late, clearly surprises you, Josko, and I must admit I am a little bit, pleasantly surprised myself as well. We have had so many players leave over the last months and yet we are performing at our best at the moment. Maybe that is part of it, the closeness of the players we have left.

I would like to take personal credit for this surge, but I know that would be a lie. Tin Trumpet is one of the most underrated players on this site and has been here for thick and thin. His play and leadership has been key. When Cayman left we had to fill a huge hole, especially in the planning department. Queen Victorious took over and has been doing a phenomenal job. Her game play leaves me kind of mesmerized. I remember when she lacked confidence and was doubting she could lead a team. Now I can say she is one of the better tacticians on this site.

I can go on and on about the players that we have. We don't have the name recognition of S&M and other top clans and in many cases the rank to be called elite. But I know that we have the players, and especially if we work well together that can match the top clans.

Will this continue? I don't know. But if we continue to communicate well and can keep this core together we can continue to surprise you and others that continue to doubt us.
Colonel shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Re: [CC12] Round 3: A^ (11) vs ATL (9)

Postby josko.ri on Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:26 am

Come on shoop76 I was making some poke to Cayman, see the wink at the end of the post. ;)
Major josko.ri

Postby Heads or tails on Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:31 am

I don't know if this will be our cup this time around. Definitely ^A are proving to be a solid opponent. But we as a clan will get better in my opinion. I put it down to QV's ability to be open minded about things. She is an awesome listener and an excellent motivator.
Colonel Heads or tails

Postby queen victorious on Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:29 pm

my two cents: almost everything i learned of value on here, i learned from Cayman...and of course shoop and the super guys i've been lucky to play with in ATL
for almost 10 years. it's appropriate that ATL is finally beginning to be taken seriously. we're short staffed, but we've compensated. everything seems to have
clicked for us this year. hopefully we can keep our sanity and stay as competitive as we have been recently.

i do want to mention what a pleasure it's been playing against A^. these guys are the nicest bunch of players i can recall as opponents in all my years on here.
winning or losing, game chat is always friendly, no whining, no excuses, no finger-pointing, no moaning. i want some of those happy pills you guys have! :D O:)
General queen victorious

Postby josko.ri on Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:53 pm

queen victorious wrote:my two cents: almost everything i learned of value on here, i learned from Cayman...and of course shoop and the super guys i've been lucky to play with in ATL
for almost 10 years. it's appropriate that ATL is finally beginning to be taken seriously. we're short staffed, but we've compensated. everything seems to have
clicked for us this year. hopefully we can keep our sanity and stay as competitive as we have been recently.

i do want to mention what a pleasure it's been playing against A^. these guys are the nicest bunch of players i can recall as opponents in all my years on here.
winning or losing, game chat is always friendly, no whining, no excuses, no finger-pointing, no moaning. i want some of those happy pills you guys have! :D O:)

Are some other clans moaning? Who are they, I would like to play versus those ones. :D

Very much looking forward for finals. On one side will be very motivated first timer in CCup finals (even first timer in semifinals) and on the other side S&M/KORT who played 5 CCup finals and won them all. As long as we have niMic playing for us, I bet we will continue our streak. ;)
Major josko.ri

Postby mdhill on Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:00 am

This definitely continues to be a fun war. ATL is performing very impressively across all of the games and giving us as much as we can handle. In our planning, we thought we'd identified a few potential weaknesses that might have been opened with Cayman and misteryforall missing (hope all is well with him), but ATL has demonstrated excellent depth and perseverance.

I'm especially pleased to hear QV's comments about our approach to games. We're all on this site to have a good time, and that's easiest when we're pleasant to each other. We've been equally impressed with the friendliness and positivity of ATL.

Cheers to continuing a fun war. No offense, but we're still hoping this will be that inspiring moment ATL can look back on when it gave A^ such a spirited battle before A^ went on to win the Cup.

mdhill
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier mdhill

Postby queen victorious on Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:01 pm

mdhill wrote:This definitely continues to be a fun war. ATL is performing very impressively across all of the games and giving us as much as we can handle. In our planning, we thought we'd identified a few potential weaknesses that might have been opened with Cayman and misteryforall missing (hope all is well with him), but ATL has demonstrated excellent depth and perseverance.

I'm especially pleased to hear QV's comments about our approach to games. We're all on this site to have a good time, and that's easiest when we're pleasant to each other. We've been equally impressed with the friendliness and positivity of ATL.

Cheers to continuing a fun war. No offense, but we're still hoping this will be that inspiring moment ATL can look back on when it gave A^ such a spirited battle before A^ went on to win the Cup.

mdhill

haha...no offense taken! if you'd said the opposite, i'm sure many of us would be quite concerned about your mental health.

and re misty, we all hope he's ok and pops up one day with one of his weird tales of some kind of "interesting" adventure somewhere.
Cayman is another story. he's a traitor never to be forgiven. if i didn't need him so much to help me with Google docs (i'm an excel person),
i'd probably never speak to him again! :lol:
General queen victorious

Postby josko.ri on Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:48 am

A very tight war. I put estimation on every game and as a result got 28-27 lead for Atlantis. Such a run by Atlantis, winning by 1 game over AWOL the by 2 games over LHDD then maybe also winning this war by a tight margin?
Major josko.ri

Postby queen victorious on Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:12 am

josko.ri wrote:A very tight war. I put estimation on every game and as a result got 28-27 lead for Atlantis. Such a run by Atlantis, winning by 1 game over AWOL the by 2 games over LHDD then maybe also winning this war by a tight margin?

ATL won by 3 games against LHDD, but who's counting (other than josko and qv)? ;)
General queen victorious

Postby josko.ri on Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:53 am

queen victorious wrote:
josko.ri wrote:A very tight war. I put estimation on every game and as a result got 28-27 lead for Atlantis. Such a run by Atlantis, winning by 1 game over AWOL the by 2 games over LHDD then maybe also winning this war by a tight margin?

ATL won by 3 games against LHDD, but who's counting (other than josko and qv)? ;)

In my books it is two games because if you lost 2 ganes that you have won then LHDD would win the war.
Major josko.ri

Postby queen victorious on Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:56 pm

josko.ri wrote:
queen victorious wrote:

In my books it is two games because if you lost 2 ganes that you have won then LHDD would win the war.

ahhh, so i consider a final score of 26 to 23 a win by 3 games. i guess i calculate these things differently from you.
whatever turns you on. ;) O:)
General queen victorious

Next

Return to Complete Challenges